NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope and pray that as a condition of her bail she is being drug tested DAILY. If not the justice system is failing yet another innocent victim, her unborn child.

I pray the judge will throw the book at her. The REAL judge will deal with her also. I agree, its a damn shame she is even out, much less not charged with anything that has the word murder in it, but something tells me she will get exactly what she deserves in the long run. The other prisoners wont be too friendly either. As long as I know Shaniya is at peace now, I really don't care what happens to the trash..
BBM
I wish I can not care too...But when the justice system does not send out the correct message to the public. and perps are part of the public....then they think they would be out soon enough...Remember... MAM got out too soon from jail. Jaycee Lee Dugard's abductor/rapist of 18 years...Had been arrested too prior to taking JC...but he too got out way too soon like MAM has.

Those type of wrong messages from the legal system, allows terrible things to happen.
I do think the legal system should scare the day light out of these perps...It may never stop them, but it may save a few kids a year.

Humanity, civilization, our country...moral system, legal system, justice for the offended...and on and on....is all getting worse each year...
That is what I seem to see after reading these cases for 3 years.

BBM - Songline, we were discussing what we could do to bring awareness here at WS. Like, put a message in our signature lines or avatar or something.

ETA: Also as a way to remember Shaniya and remind people of Shaniya no matter what thread we are in.
The people here at WS do have awareness about such cases and issue.But signature signs are fine in degrees.
It needs to get much farther out - AWARNESS in masses is what is really needed and that is not what is going on,
because of states like NC that want these issues hushed, states like NC where the highways and roads
make trafficking one of the worst states with this problem.
"Child Trafficking" is still a huge TABOO word most anywhere. I would like signs like posters
up in states like NC yes posters. maybe even web sights designed to address the issue and the states
with theost risk.

The people here at WS do have awareness about such cases and issue.But signature signs are fine in degrees.
It needs to get much farther out - AWARNESS in masses is what is really needed and that is not what is going on,
because of states like NC that want these issues hushed, states like NC where the highways and roads
make trafficking one of the worst states with this problem.
"Child Trafficking" is still a huge TABOO word most anywhere. I would like signs like posters
up in states like NC yes posters. maybe even web sights designed to address the issue and the states
with theost risk.

I agree. I was just trying to let you know what we were talking about when you quoted the first time.

To me, a small gesture is better than no gesture at all.

Even though WSers are aware of the evils of the world, not everyone here has followed Shaniya's case. If im in a lifestyle thread that people chit chat, someone who has not really read Shaniya's thread, but sees a siggy about it, may become interested and pop over to find out what happened.

To me, this is bringing awareness.

Now, as far as the general public, I know we are lost as geese.

While researching Shaniya's case, I realized Baton Rouge is on the top 10 child trafficking list.
I had no idea and had never seen any coverage here about it.

But, since then, I did see a billboard while driving down the interstate in Baton Rouge that addressed it.
Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention before Shaniya.

Like I've said before, Shaniya has changed my life in many ways.

Rest in peace baby. We are still down here praying for justice.

:eek:

Shaniya's thread was on the 3rd page.

Bumping for our beautiful girl.

I really wish we would hear SOMETHING on this case.

I think about Shaniya every day and I am still praying for justice.

Not to mention, I want AD back in jail where she belongs IMO so that baby is protected.
Shaniya was failed, we should be makeing darn sure that baby is not.

I REALLY HOPE SHE DOES GET A VERY LONG TIME.
based on what I see I do not believe it...but would love to be wrong.

I think, too, we are all so cynical when it comes to the punishing of these people (using the term loosely!) I dont know about all of you but I feel so worn down sometimes, just mentally exhausted, reading about people getting away with so much out there. Technicalities, bleeding heart judges, incompetence, etc!! If there is true justice for this little girl it will renew my faith in our legal system!

I really wish we would hear SOMETHING on this case.

I think about Shaniya every day and I am still praying for justice.

Not to mention, I want AD back in jail where she belongs IMO so that baby is protected.
Shaniya was failed, we should be makeing darn sure that baby is not.

Absolutely AGREE!!!!!!!

Well, I've got SOME good news for you (although not of the type we were hoping for.....)
Shaniyas bulbs are ALL coming up! They are about 3 inches tall and looking very healthy!

Oriah

Well, I've got SOME good news for you (although not of the type we were hoping for.....)
Shaniyas bulbs are ALL coming up! They are about 3 inches tall and looking very healthy!

Oriah

YAY!!!!!! Thank you soooo much Oriah!!!!! Thank you.

YAY!!!!!! Thank you soooo much Oriah!!!!! Thank you.

suzi when they get up a couple more inches and start blooming I will take a pic. :)
I also contemplated a silent memorial there with a, ahem, few people and some candles to celebrate Spring. We ARE allowed to do that in the great state of NC, right?? ;)

suzi when they get up a couple more inches and start blooming I will take a pic. :)
I also contemplated a silent memorial there with a, ahem, few people and some candles to celebrate Spring. We ARE allowed to do that in the great state of NC, right?? ;)

Im not sure, but I happen to know that there is an empty cell recently vacated. If per chance you are dragged there for violating some ordinance I will be sure to put in a good word for you! :)

Im not sure, but I happen to know that there is an empty cell recently vacated. If per chance you are dragged there for violating some ordinance I will be sure to put in a good word for you! :)

LOL. Now that would be interesting! Perhaps she left some scratchings on the wall admitting guilt about her selling her baby girl.

LOL. Now that would be interesting! Perhaps she left some scratchings on the wall admitting guilt about her selling her baby girl.

LOL! Humor amidst tragedy...

LOL! Humor amidst tragedy...

But hope as well! Don't forget those bulbs. I like to think of them as tiny little hands reaching up to heaven, asking for help from whatever one believes in, for other little girls just like Shaniya. :)

Bumpity Bump baby girl.

I think, too, we are all so cynical when it comes to the punishing of these people (using the term loosely!) I dont know about all of you but I feel so worn down sometimes, just mentally exhausted, reading about people getting away with so much out there. Technicalities, bleeding heart judges, incompetence, etc!! If there is true justice for this little girl it will renew my faith in our legal system!

IAWU = I agree with you :)
But I think this case has way too much hush hush, and while we do get cynical after reading so much injustice. Watching monster mom walk out, confirmed in my minds eye that this case in particular is tainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong