Zani Timeline- Other ZannyThoughts- Zanny Searches on Caseys computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to belabor this subject... but... it is physically impossible to do a "complete hard drive wipe." This is due to the laws of "electromagnetic fields theory" as it applies to disk drive technology. Of course, companies that sell "disk wiping" software are going to make such outlandish claims... bc... well, it gets them sales. :rolleyes:
Thanks for clearing that up, shadowraiths and one_hooah_wife!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Wouldn't the earliest such date of any of the cookies mean the first time the file was viewed on that particular computer? A computer doesn't create a cookie in advance.

Darn, lost my post, but will try to explain this:

Name: index.dat
Description: File, Archive
File Created: 06/12/08 11:15:29PM
Last Accessed: 06/12/08 11:15:29PM
Last Written: 07/16/08 04:20:12PM
Full Path: 08-069208\S013J10X237614\D\Documents and Settings\casey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet​
Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

The dates here, in my professional opinion, pertain to the file index.dat, which, due to its location, is the content cache index.dat used by Internet Explorer to reference sites that have been visited. I do not think that it pertains to the actual URL hit.

07/16/08 - is, IMO, the date that the file index.dat itself was last written to, not necessarily by the URL listed above it in the computer forensics document. This is most likely the last time the IE was used before the computer was turned over to LE.
06/12/08 - is the date the index.dat file was created. Most likely the cache was cleaned by something like ccleaner on that date and time.

Fyi, the searches were on June 12, 2008 & July 16, 2008(i.e., October 22, 2007 was the creation date of the firefox history file, not the search date). And the July 16, 2008 search was likely done by Cindy after KC told her "Zenaida" had Caylee.

No. You can not tell by the data that they've given us what date the searches were made.

June 12th was the date THE FILE was created, not the date the URL for the search was entered into the file.

July 16th was the last date anything happened to the file.

one_hooah_wife ...one question I have for you since you seem to be a computer expert. Don't you think there are Kzillions more things on that computer than that one little print out? ALL the myspace, facebook, emails, searches etc. where are they? remember lee saying all the yahoo emails had been erased when he got the computer? wouldn't they have been able to access that stuff too?

Whatever they can't get off the computer itself they can subpeona.

I have recovered thousands of photos off of a computer for someone once after they accidentally reformatted their harddrive. Deleting is not permanent!

Wow! You folks totally amaze me at how you explained this. My husband is also a software dude And he does hardware too... but he talks so fast, that I just say to him "just fix the darn thing & stfu" He's in bed so I couldnt ask him after I read the docs and couldnt figure it out myself. But all of you are correct. It can't be perminately deleted. And I believe LE isnt showing all the relevent info gathered on this system, or Caseys Laptop. IMO

{I am one of the lucky spouses that if anything goes kooky with my putor, I dont have to pay a dime...*sigh* I never should ask him what was wrong with it, tho...he goes on and on...and then I get this nauseated, sleepy feeling inside...leave the room and tell him to just tell me when its all good so i can get back online. :rolleyes:}

Ok ... the Files (Index.dat and History.dat) are like "Cookie Jars" and the searches are the cookies. Just because the "cookie jar" (file) was created on a certain date it doesn't mean that all the cookies (searches) were placed in it on that same date. We do know that for example "cookie jar", index.dat was created on 6/12/08 and we know that the last cookie was placed in it on 7/16/08 ... but we don't know when each specific cookie was placed in the "cookie jar" (because that info is missing from the full path, it was replaced with Casey's case number by the forensics guy)

Anything?

I was utterly confused too lol, seeing it explained like this makes perfect sense!! Thank you so much!

The searches for Zenaida was determined by LE to occur on 7-16-2008 on Cindys desktop. It in the report. (the anthonys or casey got on cindys desktop and did a search for zenaida- because they never heard of her) it was bookmarked also.

My husband explained it to me. As far as the date of June12, that doesnt mean anything , thats just the browser path. Or the last time that sector was used/accessed to create the path. LE created this report for the defense...they are leaving it up to the defense to dicern when where and all that. They "the prosecution" are piecing together their own timeline, therefore saying to the defense, here is the report & the data and you guys {the defense} use your forensic guys to figure it out.. LE is not going to tip their hand to the defense whatsoever.

Anyways there is no other search dates found on cindy desktop for zenaida- nadda, no other dates. just July16th, 2008 Period.

THANK YOU Hooah Wife for clearing this up! Much misinfo is being spread re dates. In the same vein, there has been confusion alleging certain searches were done "months before Caylee went missing" which were actually performed AFTER she was last seen/presumed deceased, so should accurately be referred to as "before Caylee was REPORTED missing," makes me nuts, oy... Anyway you rock, thanks again!

IMO, Casey heard the name or made up the name. She searched it in Myspace and Found the ZG that she found. She looked around on the page - that is where she got the other names and information about NY etc. as well.

Wow! You folks totally amaze me at how you explained this. My husband is also a software dude And he does hardware too... but he talks so fast, that I just say to him "just fix the darn thing & stfu" He's in bed so I couldnt ask him after I read the docs and couldnt figure it out myself. But all of you are correct. It can't be perminately deleted. And I believe LE isnt showing all the relevent info gathered on this system, or Caseys Laptop. IMO

{I am one of the lucky spouses that if anything goes kooky with my putor, I dont have to pay a dime...*sigh* I never should ask him what was wrong with it, tho...he goes on and on...and then I get this nauseated, sleepy feeling inside...leave the room and tell him to just tell me when its all good so i can get back online. :rolleyes:}

Same my hubby works for a major computer company writing computer sotware so I feel you!

The searches for Zenaida was determined by LE to occur on 7-16-2008 on Cindys desktop. It in the report. (the anthonys or casey got on cindys desktop and did a search for zenaida- because they never heard of her) it was bookmarked also.

My husband explained it to me. As far as the date of June12, that doesnt mean anything , thats just the browser path. Or the last time that sector was used/accessed to create the path. LE created this report for the defense...they are leaving it up to the defense to dicern when where and all that. They "the prosecution" are piecing together their own timeline, therefore saying to the defense, here is the report & the data and you guys {the defense} use your forensic guys to figure it out.. LE is not going to tip their hand to the defense whatsoever.

Anyways there is no other search dates found on cindy desktop for zenaida- nadda, no other dates. just July16th, 2008 Period.

We know Caylee was with Cindy on the 15th after the visit with Granddad. We know that Caylee left the house before George on the 16th. We also know she made tons of calls on the 16th around 3-4pm.

It's possible that she dropped Caylee off with someone after leaving George just for a few minutes to do some shopping then returned and found them gone. But dependig on the time on the 16th that she searched, this might rule this out. All the trunk stuff doesn't make sense either, but let's just say it's decomp from another human body (not likely).

An accident makes more sense considering the time that the flurry of calls started, and the fact she didn't call home because she was already home. Also, if the time she searched on the computer was closer to this time on the 16th, it wouldn't make sense that she stopped searching for Caylee or Zanny and drove home to her computer to do some ZG searches. I think she had an accident and very close to the accident, after her flurry of phone calls she started to think, "Hey, I'm going to need to find an Zenida base my story on." So she started her searches on the internet.

Do we know the exact time on the 16th that the ZG searches took place?

George last saw Caylee on June 16. The search on the computer for Zenaida was done on July 16.

I am curious if they went to the hospital to confirm there was no nany at the hospital?

Does anyone know how Zenaida came to look at Sawgrass - by that I mean, did her boyfriend suggest she look at those apartments? I feel like I remember that he suggested it. Does anyone know?

She said in an interview that she had been looking at apartments along that street, or in that area. Sawgrass was apparently just one place out of several she had checked.

I was a leasing agent in college. We'd ask potential renters other places they had visited or were considering renting. Since KC could not view the apartment with AL at Matt's community maybe she stayed in the leasing office and saw ZG's information card. The question should be if ZG ever visited Matt's apartment community.

I was a leasing agent in college. We'd ask potential renters other places they had visited or were considering renting. Since KC could not view the apartment with AL at Matt's community maybe she stayed in the leasing office and saw ZG's information card. The question should be if ZG ever visited Matt's apartment community.

Or if their apartment hunting paths crossed at other locales...

Not to belabor this subject... but... it is physically impossible to do a "complete hard drive wipe." This is due to the laws of "electromagnetic fields theory" as it applies to disk drive technology. Of course, companies that sell "disk wiping" software are going to make such outlandish claims... bc... well, it gets them sales. :rolleyes:

Actually, while you can't delete it, you can make it disappear.

If I take my 300gig hard drive, and hook it up as a slave to another, I can delete everything off it.

Then I can transfer.. say.. my husbands 30,000 mp3's.

Lets say thats 100 gigs of space.

I can then paste it over and over and over, delete it and just keep copying pasting it and it will eventually over-write the old data.
Some small fragments might be recoverable but not much.

Of course, its time consuming but it can be done.

Actually, while you can't delete it, you can make it disappear.

If I take my 300gig hard drive, and hook it up as a slave to another, I can delete everything off it.

Then I can transfer.. say.. my husbands 30,000 mp3's.

Lets say thats 100 gigs of space.

I can then paste it over and over and over, delete it and just keep copying pasting it and it will eventually over-write the old data.
Some small fragments might be recoverable but not much.

Of course, its time consuming but it can be done.

hm my original post to this went bye bye? I think it was crushed in the site crash lol.

I remember back in the day you could do some wonderful things with norton! It's all just ones and zeros anyway you could really tweak it and clean it much easier than today.

BUT I don;t thnk she is smart enough to do much more than house cleaning myself, just my opinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken