AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I would think LE would use the scent of Isa for the dogs.
Does this mean LE took the scent dog inside to try to track Isabel walking out of her home? On the window frame?

I was wondering if the FBI had something with the scent of the RSO neighbor and the dog hit on that scent in her house.

I'm a new member and in Tucson. The local news is saying police made a break in the case. New developments tonight; "News at 10." It may be a play for viewers. It's is 9:30 here. But, perhaps there was progress today! I pray so.

I am fascinated by the forums here. So much intelligence here! Thanks for letting me be a part!

Thanks KC-lived in Tucson for 20 years, this is close to my heart, not alot of people in my real world to bounce these thoughts off of. Because of familiarity to the city and area, my gut has been not a stranger. No facts to back that up. Happy to get it out of my head tho :)

I'm a new member and in Tucson. The local news is saying police made a break in the case. New developments tonight; "News at 10." It may be a play for viewers. It's is 9:30 here. But, perhaps there was progress today! I pray so.

I am fascinated by the forums here. So much intelligence here! Thanks for letting me be a part!

If you hear anything on your local news please come and share with us. Thank You. I am dying for a break in this case.

I really hope they made a break. Possibly information from one of the 5 people in the video? MOO

TY for the alert downstairs, I will watch the 10 Pm news and fillin the details.

Which news station will you be watching? KVOA? Trying to keep my eyes open til then.

The last thing I see on the news twitter is that 2 more of the 5 were interviewed...

What kind of scent dog was used? A drug dog? A dog that had been given the scent of the RSO down the street?

Yes, thank you! This is exactly what I'd like to know.. In the link you posted up thread where it's a quote of a reporter quoting LE it IMO leads one to believe something is thought to have occurred to Isa in the Celis home(as opposed to Isa having been abducted and taken from the home by an intruder).. Of course that just my opinion but it certainly is worded in such a way that is indicative that "some type" of k9 trained dog alerted to "something" in the Celis home.

Ok so let's look at what type scent dogs would/could be used in an abduction/homicide investigation..
-HRD(Human Remains)/cadaver scent dogs
-scent trailing dogs that are given a scent article(which can be any article of clothing, bedding, etc that would have the persons "scent" on it) and these trailing dogs are used to follow and/or pick up the freshest/newest scent trails of the person who the dog has used the specific article of clothing, bedding to get their scent from..
- and then you have dogs who are cross trained to do both alert on human remains scent as well as can trail a persons freshest scent trail from their having been given a scent article of that person..

There ya go.. It is those above named/described SAR k9 dogs that are used in investigations such as this one.. Starting with the dogs trained to trail a persons scent.. IMO this certainly could NOT be what is being talked about in dog having picked up or alerted on something.. Think about it ATLEAST as far as Isa is concerned the dog wouldnt be hitting on Isa's scent as that obviously would be present through the entire home..

so as you asked, Pen.. The scent of who would the dog have alerted to??? Who?? Would they have a scent article of an RSO?? Idk?? But IMO as far as the scent trailing dogs alerting on something related to Isa in the home would NOT be labeled as important that required more search warrants and further investigating.. Jmo..

And then there is the HRD/cadaver scent dogs that we know were used as well during the search of the Celis home.. It is this that IMO makes the statements and supposed quotes of LE about the dogs having picked up on something of "importance" that then required more search warrants and further investigating.. It's this that IMO alludes to there possibly being suspicion toward the family.. Kwim?? Is that making sense:crazy:.. Knowing me its probably not making much sense:crazy:..

I'm just trying to say that look, there are two types of dogs that would've been used at the Celis home.. The scent trailing dogs IMO I can NOT see how this type of trained dog would have been able to pick up important info of such a degree that it warranted the issuance of further search warrants and investigating..
**unless as you purposed, Pen that LE took a scent article of a local RSO and this is what scent the dog picked up on in the Celis home.. Now IMO that would be HUGE.. HUGE!!.. but is it really possible that this is something LE would be able to do.. For some reason with all the RSO rights they're privileged to it seems that LE wouldn't be able to "legally" have an RSO's scent article to be able to attempt to pick up a possible scent trail in the Celis home..

That's what keeps me from believing it could be something of that nature..

Therefor that leaves only the HRD/cadaver dog that was used in searching the Celis home.. And I believe we all fully understand exactly what it would be that this type dog is capable of picking up on as being present in the Celis home..
Which leads directly into my point that IMO this statement about something of importance being indicated by one of the dogs used in the Celis home that warranted further issuance of search warrants and investigating IMO doesn't leave there to be many options of what it could be other than an HRD trained dog picking up on scent of human remains having been present at some point in the Celis home..

Whew!! I'm talking in circles now:crazy:.. Idk?? I'm just looking at everything and trying to see if there is something indicative that LE knows, has proof of, etc that would be the cause of the cool nature that LE seems to have toward the family.. I just don't know..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Blah blah no major breakthrough. Police feel they are making progress. Parents attended church service tonight...accepted hugs and well-wishes from some.
No link...just watching tv.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is my first post, but I have been reading your thoughts about this case for a few days. I'm a local - been living in Tucson all my life. My house is 2.7 miles east of the Celis house, right off of Broadway Blvd. (Broadway and Prudence). This has been heart wrenching for the entire community. The fliers are every where you look - we are all hoping for her safe return. With that being said, most people I have discussed the case with are also feeling suspicious of the family - something just doesn't seem right.

Something interesting, Sergio Celis is not found in the Arizona directory for Licensed Dental Hygienists. So, he isn't a hygienist, at least not a licensed one, but maybe a dental assistant instead. You only need a certificate for that. Also, I saw someone speculate that he worked at the same medical center as Becky, Tucson Medical Center, but that cannot be correct, because TMC is a hospital - they do not have any dental facilities or services.

https://azbod.glsuite.us/glsuiteweb/clients/azbod/public/WebVerificationSearch.aspx

Also interesting, searches of the AZ court records show Isabel's uncle had several drug and alcohol related charges less than a year ago - all but one DUI charge was dropped for some reason. Even more interesting I thought, is that the charges are in the border town of Douglas, AZ, which is about 2.5 hours away from Tucson and borders the Mexican city of Agua Prieta (there is a border crossing station there).

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/

Meh. They just replayed portions of the press conferences from this weekend. Mostly focused on having identified 3? of the people in the video. He did mention the additional individual "possibly" seen in the video and that was the reason they wanted to locate the 5 others, to discuss what they possibly had seen. This is not directly quoted, but my best memory of the piece. I watched on KGUN9. Darn news playing up no news to improve viewership.

IMO (MOO= my opinion only?) One of the things keeping the family returning to their home is trying to avoid the press. Today at least one reporter attended their mass focused on prayers for Isa and then discussed their behavior during mass on air. I find this repulsive. I'm not sure if I agree with them not making more public statements, but I do believe they should be allowed private time (especially in worship) in which to cope.

welcome2.gif
..bwilson!

I hope KVOA puts this news cast on video. Cousin brought a stuffed animal and placed it at the vigil & a person who knew the uncle from school back when. I caught part of it.

This is my first post, but I have been reading your thoughts about this case for a few days. I'm a local - been living in Tucson all my life. My house is 2.7 miles east of the Celis house, right off of Broadway Blvd. (Broadway and Prudence). This has been heart wrenching for the entire community. The fliers are every where you look - we are all hoping for her safe return. With that being said, most people I have discussed the case with are also feeling suspicious of the family - something just doesn't seem right.

Something interesting, Sergio Celis is not found in the Arizona directory for Licensed Dental Hygienists. So, he isn't a hygienist, at least not a licensed one, but maybe a dental assistant instead. You only need a certificate for that. Also, I saw someone speculate that he worked at the same medical center as Becky, Tucson Medical Center, but that cannot be correct, because TMC is a hospital - they do not have any dental facilities or services.

https://azbod.glsuite.us/glsuiteweb/clients/azbod/public/WebVerificationSearch.aspx

Also interesting, searches of the AZ court records show Isabel's uncle had several drug and alcohol related charges less than a year ago - all but one DUI charge was dropped for some reason. Even more interesting I thought, is that the charges are in the border town of Douglas, AZ, which is about 2.5 hours away from Tucson and borders the Mexican city of Agua Prieta (there is a border crossing station there).

bwilson,
Welcome, and thanks for posting this. It is interesting that all but one DUI of the uncle's drug and alcohol charges were dropped.

Was he some kind of informant ? Or did he know and tell LE something useful ?

Very interesting development... MOO

Thanks for the local vibe and welcome to WS!
Douglas is also where Hector Rodriquez is from. The Uncle seems to be an irresponsible drunk. :moo: He also has charges in Tucson.

Missing girl's family and neighbors speak out
04/21/2012 06:47 PM

Isabel's grandfather from her mother's side, Hector Rodriguez, said he's praying for the family to receive good news soon.
It's been an agonizing day for the family as they wait to hear about what happened with their loved one.
Rodriguez was glued to his binoculars trying to see what was going on at the scene.
He lives in Douglas and made the trip to Tucson as soon as his daughter called him with news that little Isabel went missing.
"Why does this have to happen? It's something I just can't believe. I feel like I'm dreaming. I really do hope I'm dreaming because this is such a horrible thing. We feel so helpless," said Rodriguez.

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Wow! Great first post! Thank you for your links and perspective as a local both. Douglas? that is the hometown of the mother's side of the family, so it makes sense he has some record there. I had only seen those in
Pima County and his last state of residence.

The family is from Douglas originally and some relatives still live there....so it makes sense that the charges would be in Douglas. Not sure if it has anything to do with the case but it is interesting. Douglas and AP are rather big drug crossing areas. Some here may remember an amazingly large tunnel found in the early 90's that went right under the border for some miles. There have been quite a few more since then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member