The phone number jotted on the back of the sheet of stickers

that's true, I don't know, of course you wonder about the stuff over on the FM thread, the friend of hers on the cell logs who did the rental deposit scams, the other scams, any possible connection with that lending company, etc. (Even if she had contacted this guy as an inspector I'm not implying that that would mean he was involved in any scam, of course.)
No, I think he's an innocent dragged into this case, purely because she wrote his name and number down.

I didn't intend to violate any TOS ... AND I didn't call the number that was on the sheet of paper. I sleuthed and found another way to contact him and did not post said infomation to protect his privacy! I never indicated to him that I was a representative of WS, only that this was one place (of many ---- just GOOGLE) that he was being discussed. It was his idea to come here to speak to everyone because he felt that this forum was made up of well-meaning, sensible individuals. If shedding light on this matter directly is a problem then I am sure I will hear of it from Tricia ... I was only trying to help keep someone from having their personal information discussed without their knowledge. Also, he has said that since his information was released he has received threatening voice mails ... so someone has called him ...

I think that is just sad. I think that it is horrible how irresponsible the journalists have been throughout this case in revealing personal information of those not directly involved ... and for the way that information has been discussed (on forums like this) without verification ... that is why I did not and have not posted about this before hearing from him tonight!!!

Wow, really? Do you still have the link? :)
Seagull, I'm still a bit computer techno-challenged but I believe it was on sunbiz.org-I searched "ABH Inspections" under"Inquire by Fictitious Name"

I didn't intend to violate any TOS ... AND I didn't call the number that was on the sheet of paper. I sleuthed and found another way to contact him and did not post said infomation to protect his privacy! I never indicated to him that I was a representative of WS, only that this was one place (of many ---- just GOOGLE) that he was being discussed. It was his idea to come here to speak to everyone because he felt that this forum was made up of well-meaning, sensible individuals. If shedding light on this matter directly is a problem then I am sure I will hear of it from Tricia ... I was only trying to help keep someone from having their personal information discussed without their knowledge. Also, he has said that since his information was released he has received threatening voice mails ... so someone has called him ...

I think that is just sad. I think that it is horrible how irresponsible the hournalists have been throughout this case in revealing personal information of those not directly involved ... and for the way that information has been discussed (on forums like this) without verification ... that is why I do not and have not posted about this before hearing from him tonight!!!

The only reason Tricia needs to bless things like this, is so she can personally authenticate him as the right person. If someone comes on and reveals their identity specifically to answer questions, it is important that we confirm their identity so that the posters here know they are dealing with the person they claim to be.
Dante S, and anyone else that came here to post and answer questions had to talk to Tricia first.
We want to make sure people don't come online and impersonate others.

Does that make sense?

The only reason Tricia needs to bless things like this, is so she can personally authenticate him as the right person. If someone comes on and reveals their identity specifically to answer questions, it is important that we confirm their identity so that the posters here know they are dealing with the person they claim to be.
Dante S, and anyone else that came here to post and answer questions had to talk to Tricia first.
We want to make sure people don't come online and impersonate others.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely Jbean -- perfect sense! If I had asked him to come here and be a part of this forum I would have certainly informed Tricia ... all I did was give him a heads up that his information was released to the public and being discussed in several places (IS, TOPIX, SM alike) ... because if he were to be contacted by anyone ... just that he would know why. I am sure that once he is approved Tricia will do what she has to in order to verify his true identity. I honestly meant no harm ... and of course if I can help facilliate this in any way I am happy to do so. I have written to him to let him know that I was going to make a post to let you all know that he is waiting in the wings to explain all ... so that everyone can understand and be expecting to hear from him ... JBean ... if there is anything else I can do ... PLEASE let me know and I will pass along the information!

Besides that, the only reason I wouldn't personally ever contact anyone named in the case is because for many people it could be frightening to be contacted, also to be told they're being discussed on the internet, someone in my parents' generation for example. They might feel they've been accused of something if they heard that. Also, because I wouldn't want to get in LE's way in any way, just in case. I'm not saying you did, those are just reasons why I personally would never contact someone. But if you and Tricia worked it out with this fellow, power to you.

I do feel terrible for all the people whose names, addresses, etc, have been publicly released due to the Sunshine law. For example, the people who called in tips to LE and requested to be anonymous. As much as I support that law in other ways.

(Well if he comes on here, I pray people will be nice. I will never forget how that poor woman who thought she had seen Caylee in the airport was treated here. I wasn't on the thread at the time she visited, I just read it afterward. It broke my heart.)

Absolutely Jbean -- perfect sense! If I had asked him to come here and be a part of this forum I would have certainly informed Tricia ... all I did was give him a heads up that his information was released to the public and being discussed in several places (IS, TOPIX, SM alike) ... because if he were to be contacted by anyone ... just that he would know why. I am sure that once he is approved Tricia will do what she has to in order to verify his true identity. I honestly meant no harm ... and of course if I can help facilliate this in any way I am happy to do so. I have written to him to let him know that I was going to make a post to let you all know that he is waiting in the wings to explain all ... so that everyone can understand and be expecting to hear from him ... JBean ... if there is anything else I can do ... PLEASE let me know and I will pass along the information!
You are totally fine and thanks for your hard work!. let him know to make himself known to any of us admin and we will make sure he can talk to Tricia directly. We won't know who he is unless he comes to us.
This is to protect him as well, it keeps imposters from posting as him.

You are totally fine and thanks for your hard work!. let him know to make himself known to any of us admin and we will make sure he can talk to Tricia directly. We won't know who he is unless he comes to us.

I will do that ... and I really thought that by this time he probably was posting already ... but not knowing his chosen ID, I wanted to be sure. It is far better to hear this from him directly than wasting our time and energies focusing on false leads ... our "sleuthing" abilities should not be used to expose and hurt the innocent ... and I would have never even made a mention of this except that he said he was coming to WS to talk to the "sensible" people here! I can't say enough how I hate that innocent people have been brought into this ... the collateral damage.

Besides that, the only reason I wouldn't personally ever contact anyone named in the case is because for many people it could be frightening to be contacted, also to be told they're being discussed on the internet, someone in my parents' generation for example. They might feel they've been accused of something if they heard that. Also, because I wouldn't want to get in LE's way in any way, just in case. I'm not saying you did, those are just reasons why I would never personally have the nerve to call anyone and ask them to come on the board. But if you and Tricia worked it out with this fellow, power to you.

I do feel terrible for all the people whose names, addresses, etc, have been publicly released due to the Sunshine laws. For example, the people who called in tips to LE and requested to be anonymous. As much as I support the law in other ways.

(Well if he comes on here, I pray people will be nice. I will never forget how that poor woman who thought she had seen Caylee in the airport was treated here. I wasn't there at the time, just saw the thread afterward. It broke my heart.)

I think it would be more frightening to me if I discovered my name, past, business, pics of my home, etc were being dug into by complete strangers via the internet just b/c my business phone number was on a piece of "evidence" that was not even photographed b/c of my phone number.

I think it would be soooo interesting to ask "the man" the questions we've asked on this thread. I suspect he would not be able to confirm or deny any association with the A's.

The question is: Why would Casey be contracting a house inspector before she even had possession of one or the money to buy one?:waitasec: Usually a housing inspector is something you do in escrow.

Maybe KC was trying to spice up the place on Brackenwood.LOL:rolleyes:

I think that is just sad. I think that it is horrible how irresponsible the journalists have been throughout this case in revealing personal information of those not directly involved ... and for the way that information has been discussed (on forums like this) without verification ... that is why I did not and have not posted about this before hearing from him tonight!!!

I have been thinking about this man's reputation as well. He very likely is simply another 'victim.' Seems anyone even remotely connected with Casey or this case gets dragged through the mud somehow. We need to remember the only victim here is Caylee. I think you did a good thing, One_Hooah_Wife, as it gives Mr. S the opportunity to explain, if he is so inclined. And if he doesn't respond, that doesn't mean he has anything to hide. I am so glad my life never crossed with Casey's and pray it doesn't ever.

I think it would be more frightening to me if I discovered my name, past, business, pics of my home, etc were being dug into by complete strangers via the internet just b/c my business phone number was on a piece of "evidence" that was not even photographed b/c of my phone number.

wha? LE did turn it over and photograph and note the phone number as evidence....
(just routine in a case). No one thinks this man has done anything questionable, and no one has accused him of anything (at least that I've seen). It was just released like everyone else's name and number due to the Sunshine law. I wouldn't like to be in that position either, with my name out there. Terrible. That was why I was explaining that personally I would never contact any of the people whose info has been released. And that's why we only use initials here, and no last names.

I Think its absolutely reprehnsible of the Media and LE to allow someones phone number to be splashed all over the interent for the exact reason as to whats happened
This dude's name has been googled and looked up (me included)

But I think as I have said a number of times now that he was called to do a inspection, and SOMEONE jotted the number down

OR he COLD CALLED that house (never knowing what he was getting in the middle of :rolleys:) and SOMEONE Took the number down

wha? LE did turn it over and photograph and note the phone number as evidence....
(just routine in a case). No one thinks this man has done anything questionable, that I've seen anyway. It was just released like everyone else's name and number due to the Sunshine law. I wouldn't like to be in that position either, with my name out there. Terrible. That was why I was explaining that I would not personally contact one of the people whose info has been released.

They should have blanked out some of the numbers so that it couldnt be googled

I've spoken with JBean ... as soon as R.S. speaks to Tricia he will be allowed to post ... he explained all to me ... and it makes sense. It will be a very good thing when he is here to testify to his involvement so that he does not have to be discussed anymore!!

No one ever suggested he had any involvement and he certainly won't have to "testify" here! Everyone was only discussing if/why/when Cindy or KC might potentially have been looking for a house inspector. But if he wants to say anything here he is obviously welcome.

I think any "involvement" was pure bad luck on RS's part, and maybe a need by listers to find one rational bit of information in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back