LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are looking for a white truck still, but not a Z-71? Okay. Will keep a lookout in my area (around BR).

I believe ACI was trying to make a funny read his post again!
The POI is the truck he said its armed and dangerous the truck!

There have been so many seaches of the area she went missing. That leads me to believe that it was either disposed of, and someone happened upon it, or maybe an aquaintence/family member of perp found it. It wouldn't be unusual for a perp to keep some sort of souvenir or maybe just hold on to the stuff until the case goes cold.

Yeah, it could be someone who has had bad experiences with the law, but has finally decided to come forward with information. Possible this individual wants the reward and offered the items as proof his/her information is good.

Go look at the mickey Facebook page now ... Her sister posted

I honestly do not think we will find this young lady!

I don't want to raise my children to live in fear either, but I can't raise them to not be cautious either. I've been having to really work on my 4 yr old with talking and waving to strangers. I love that she is outgoing and friendly, but she needs to understand that there are bad people out there. She doesn't need to know the details, but I don't want her thinking everyone can be trusted. Sometimes being a bit paranoid can serve a purpose.

On another note...she heard me telling my mom about Mickey being abducted from Lafayette riding her bike at night and she asked why she was riding at night. Then, she told me that no one took her, it was a tornado. Seriously?! A tornado. No DWTIQ. We've all been wrong. It was a tornado and she is in Oz somewhere.

BBM

This was cute and made me chuckle. At least she knows tornados are dangerous!!

Yeah, it could be someone who has had bad experiences with the law, but has finally decided to come forward with information. Possible this individual wants the reward and offered the items as proof his/her information is good.

I'm hoping it's someone connected to the perp who wants revenge or something.

I'm sure the item(s) had to be cleared by LE before they were mentioned. I hope. Yeah...maybe not sure. Hopeful.

This Just in: Mickey Shunick, father of missing son Charlie Shunick, says for everyone to be on the lookout for a potential suspect. A White 4 door Chevy Sierra. It is thought to be armed and extremely dangerous.

Did I get the details right? No? Oh well, print it anyway....

So we are looking for a white truck still, but not a Z-71? Okay. Will keep a lookout in my area (around BR).

It takes so little to send these threads off course - imagine when the misinformation comes from actual media sources.

There have been so many seaches of the area she went missing. That leads me to believe that it was either disposed of, and someone happened upon it, or maybe an aquaintence/family member of perp found it. It wouldn't be unusual for a perp to keep some sort of souvenir or maybe just hold on to the stuff until the case goes cold.

so much going on these days....

those fires

descriptions

and now "items"

It was sarcasm ;) Poking fun at the bad reporting by some news sources.

Damn, I guess I'm the pregnant blonde who fell for it! Totally sucks that we aren't getting more information. I guess I was overly eager to get something.

Oh, and did I miss something? What item(s) are y'all talking about?

Damn, I guess I'm the pregnant blonde who fell for it! Totally sucks that we aren't getting more information. I guess I was overly eager to get something.

It's understandable. I think we all want information that'll help in bringing Mickey home. :) On a side note, congrats on the baby!!

No, Laffytaffy, we can't live our lives in fear, nor teach our children to be afraid. But we can teach them safety tips, prevention, and awareness.
We can also expect Public Safety & Justice system officials to be well trained and to provide a safe environment for our families.

Amen Foxy

I'm hoping it's someone connected to the perp who wants revenge or something.

I'm sure the item(s) had to be cleared by LE before they were mentioned. I hope. Yeah...maybe not sure. Hopeful.

I'm thinking the PI mentioned it because though he's handed it over to the LE, he may be frustrated with the amount of time it is taking to clear the items. I noticed the LE didn't want to confirm anything about the items. I know the PI praised the job the LE are doing on the case, but maybe him talking about the items was meant as a "push" to LE to get something going with it.

I'm thinking the PI mentioned it because though he's handed it over to the LE, he may be frustrated with the amount of time it is taking to clear the items. I noticed the LE didn't want to confirm anything about the items. I know the PI praised the job the LE are doing on the case, but maybe him talking about the items was meant as a "push" to LE to get something going with it.

They didn't even confirm that he gave them anything. Its starting to get real annoying

Someone could have their eye on the reward. Perhaps the PI asked for 'proof' to solidify the information presented to him. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23