NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
This car was taken away by police for examination. It has now been reported that it has been sold by the owner. IMO police found nothing suspicious with it, otherwise they would have kept it.

Yes true, I had forgotten about that, thanks. Ill go back to being confused.

We can put to rest now speculation about the second charge "interfering with the body", which has now been clarified as being the moving of the body to the creek area:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1yyrXobpz[/QUOTE

Notice on QPS the time line that anything involving the texts , phone call and searching the various web sites is alleged. Any thoughts? :waitasec:

Yes, they may have had verbal advice from the phone company about these and are yet to receive it in writing, until they have that piece of paper than proves it, then it's alleged.

We can put to rest now speculation about the second charge "interfering with the body", which has now been clarified as being the moving of the body to the creek area:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1yyrXobpz[/QUOTE

Notice on QPS the time line that anything involving the texts , phone call and searching the various web sites is alleged. Any thoughts? :waitasec:

It is always stated as "alleged" (or at least it should be), because he is still innocent under the law and all of these details/allegations need to be tested in a trial.

1) yes. this is the longest thread EVER.

2) how could they be so much in debt?

Answer to:
)1 - yes! Helllooo lovely US moderators for us Aussie posters?

2) mmm. my family comes from this area and is 'highly-leveraged'. Is it about keeping up appearances and keeping us with the Jones's/Kardashians? Yes, it is. But also - we run our own business - in R/E, Corporate Finance, Corporate Re-furbishments - and our bill, just to keep a 'small' business alive like Gerard's (I've done some research) is COSTLY. We have 10 people working for us - that's roughly - $80K a month 0 we have money going OUT - but very little coming in. 10 months - $80K a month - loe and behold - $800K! Without ANY coming in!

Small business - big s...h happens.

We pay our people before we pay ourselves.

Income, super, etc. Within 12 months...a LOT of money owed.

It happens.

We are good people and we pay our people.

But, in the interim, we have lost our home and all of our savings.

We are smart people, who had a lot of money from R/E and invested it in a business of something else.

I think GBC was a person who wasn't so smart as he was arrogant and invested money and lost it and KEPT ON LOSING IT - without a consideration for who worked for him or MORE IMPORTANTLY, who loved him.

We have lost everything - financially - but we are still together.

There you go. WE ALL HAVE A CHOICE. X

BCD, when I log on here I feel great comfort that there are so many people that have the same moral standards as myself.

Then I read your post.... I have so much admiration and respect for you and your partner. You are right - we all have a choice, and you did the right thing by the people that worked for you, even though you lost so much yourselves, financially. And you realise what is important.. your family.

What goes around comes around... and for someone with your principles, I hope all turns out well..

Thank you so much for sharing.

Agent 99, it was, back in thread #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
rhb, the QPS have stated that Allison was killed before she was 'dumped', so they knew something happened at their house almost immediately IMO, thus it was an essentially named 'crime scene' to be investigated as 'something' was showing QPS it was bad.

Now what they saw that made it a crime scene could have been one broken window, one hole in a wall, or anything visual like that IMO.

Domestic violence must have been sticking out as a 'biggie' visually with something broken.....it usually does in these cases. JMO

Posted by whatif?
"Somebody from an Aussie forum said there was a strong smell of disinfectant in the house when the police arrived. Maybe just heresay though."

Thanks. I was specifically referring to 'bleach'.

What's the BET that, that mobile phone was hit with a blinking sledge hammer or similar, prior to been disposed of ... in an unrecognisable form of squished, useless plastic or whatever. It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if the EXPENSIVE battery had in fact been removed prior to the squishing & dumping :what: ... but then, how would it have been possible to trace for the short while that it was??? Mmmmm?
Then again, LITTLE adds up ... but the QPS will ADD it ALL up in perfect time & deservedly take FIRST PRIZE in Australian history! :)

I gather that the phone was transmitting for a day or two. And you can't remove the battery from an iPhone - it's built into the phone.

But one thing that does still puzzle me - why such a huge triangulation of a 4Km radius for the phone? When I use location services on my iPhone, either from the phone itself, or from a computer using the "Find My iPhone" app, it not only locates the phone in the house - but even in the approximate part of the house. It is amazingly accurate. And that is while it is indoors with no GPS signal due to the roof - using cellphone tower triangulation only. If I take the phone outside, then it will pinpoint my location to within a couple of metres with the GPS data adding to the accuracy.

So that remains a puzzle for me - that huge radius for the phone's location until the battery ran flat.

Then I heard sometime later that the QPS had narrowed the location of the phone to a radius of about 150m around the BC house.

Not sure what changed there.....

And that whole area has been searched with a fine toothcomb.

Has it come out yet, when he actually hired the first lawyer?
Very disappointing to read of the lack of co operation from the senior BC's towards the police, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
How differently they could have acted yet still supported GBC.
I've mentioned before the case in NZ that I'm attending, here the accused parents are supporting him by coming to court (even though their evil useless son can't even look them in the eye whenever he enters only a few feet from them)
These parents haven't lied for their son,and have told the truth when giving evidence, but they sit there quietly holding hands, and I'm sure everyone in the courtroom feels for them, and respects them.
What a shame the senior GBC's didn't choose this route.

Hmmm... I suppose you could chip a tooth if you were being asphyxiated with a pillow and you were scratching the crap out of the person holding the pillow over your head.

Don't you think they might have needed confirmation in writing before presenting this at the Bail application hearing? Also they have had ample time to confirm the web searches. Maybe it will remain Alleged until they can to prove beyond a doubt who psychically made the call and sent the texts and did the web searches . Can the QPS present 'Alleged 'evidence in the court for the purposed of revealing/defining evidence? Any legal eagles on line? Sort of a catch 22 isn't it.:dunno::dunno::dunno::dun

I don't know Nads, maybe to point to the possibility that Gerard was trying to use this whole rubbish idea of Allison walking off depressed/suicidal?

I am realllllly behind so no doubt this has been discussed...but I too have been stumped on the google/psychiatrist thing.

I think we have to treat it as a search that was done which he didn't expect to be discovered, as per the other google searches he did. So it can't have been an attempt to misguide anyone, which is different from the text messages which seem to be an attempt to cover up IMO.

I wonder if the search was for him, if he thought he was losing his mind?

Grannie - I really don't want to get off on the wrong foot here, and fall out with other posters, but you really don't seem to be able to take any opinions that differ from yours at all, do you?

I suggest that you go back and read what I posted originally. And I'll repeat - arterial air embolism, if injected into an artery, goes peripherally. If I inject air into your femoral artery, it goes down your leg. Injecting it into a carotid artery would send it to the brain and cause a stroke (often temporary as the air bubble breaks up then gets absorbed). The main ways that air embolism can cause cardiac arrest are if the air gets into the coronary arteries at the time of surgery (which is why so much trouble is taken to evacuate the air as I said), or if the air is injected into a vein in truly massive quantities, enough to cause pulmonary air embolism. And I mean LARGE quantities of air. That air would have to pass all the way through the lungs into the left side of the heart, then some MAY enter the coronaries.

The only other situation where a large air embolus could get into the coronaries would be if the person had a patent atrial septal defect, with a large right-to-left shunt. But here we're talking highly unusual and specific abnormalities.

It is NOT a simple matter of injecting a syringe full of air into a vein, as you see in the movies. If you've ever worked in a hospital and seen the number of IV lines that run out, with air running into the vein, then you would know that this is NOT an easy thing to achieve.

OK - sorry if we seem to be getting a bit carried away and off-topic here. But if injecting air into a vein could cause cardiac arrest so easily, do you really think that IV lines would be left to nursing staff including student nurses to administer? I doubt it...

Maybe I'd better limit my comments more - there are some who may have missed the points of my posts. And many who really don't want to consider that while GBC certainly seems to be guilty on the evidence we have, there HAS to be room for other possibilities. His lawyers will make sure of that, whether we like it or not.

OK - I'll be quiet now...:banghead:
DrWatson, unfortunately or fortunately, it wasn't my "opinion" but a peer reviewed information. I was not referring to any particular method of injection. For some reason, you decided that it had to be intravenously because this is how they do it in the movies. However my concern was only about the end result. I am concerned that it may turn out that the COD is officially undetermined, therefore, there is no murder. The available evidence somewhat points that GBC wished to kill his wife and may be knows more about her death, but that's it.

Back to air embolus. In 35% cases cardiac arrest is not related to heart problems. It is a quite common COD, statistically, thus not usually treated as suspicious. The most common non-cardiac causes: trauma, non-trauma related bleeding (gastrointestinal bleeding, aortic rupture, intracranial hemorrhage), overdose, drowning and pulmonary embolism. If we put pulmonary (which is only 15% of all CAs) embolism aside (although with GBC's army training you never know), we still have trauma and/or drowning as a possibility.

About arterial air. Well, yes, no arguments about that, it often goes peripheral but often enough it produces ischemia of any organ with poor collateral circulation. Often enough arterial air causes fatal cardiac arrhythmias (VT -> VF). As a murder method it seems a bit too sophisticated for GBC and a bit too lengthy timewise, in my opinion, but as a possibility - why not?

I have also been thinking of the trauma triad of death as a method. Again, it would have been too sophisticated for Bruce Overland to even comprehend, but if the COD is undetermined, what else to think?

I gather that the phone was transmitting for a day or two. And you can't remove the battery from an iPhone - it's built into the phone.

But one thing that does still puzzle me - why such a huge triangulation of a 4Km radius for the phone? When I use location services on my iPhone, either from the phone itself, or from a computer using the "Find My iPhone" app, it not only locates the phone in the house - but even in the approximate part of the house. It is amazingly accurate. And that is while it is indoors with no GPS signal due to the roof - using cellphone tower triangulation only. If I take the phone outside, then it will pinpoint my location to within a couple of metres with the GPS data adding to the accuracy.

So that remains a puzzle for me - that huge radius for the phone's location until the battery ran flat.

Then I heard sometime later that the QPS had narrowed the location of the phone to a radius of about 150m around the BC house.

Not sure what changed there.....

And that whole area has been searched with a fine toothcomb.

I have turned off all location services on my iPhone and my child's one (to maximise battery life), hence "Find my Phone" and "Find Friends" do not work. ABC's phone could have had this feature turned off also and IMO QPS could only rely on triangulation from towers.

Has it come out yet, when he actually hired the first lawyer?
Very disappointing to read of the lack of co operation from the senior BC's towards the police, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
How differently they could have acted yet still supported GBC.
I've mentioned before the case in NZ that I'm attending, here the accused parents are supporting him by coming to court (even though their evil useless son can't even look them in the eye whenever he enters only a few feet from them)
These parents haven't lied for their son,and have told the truth when giving evidence, but they sit there quietly holding hands, and I'm sure everyone in the courtroom feels for them, and respects them.
What a shame the senior GBC's didn't choose this route.

Last year I was in a Police station with my eldest son over a minor infraction, it was his 2nd in a 12 month period and as he was a minor and hadn't actually broken any laws, the officer was going to be gentle with him- that was until I pulled the officer aside and told him that it was his 2nd time at being warned,and I'd greatly appreciate it if the officer would put the 'fear of God' in him. The officer was fantastic and my son was shaking in his boots, and had kept his nose clean since. I love both my sons, and would willingly lay my life down for them, but never would I stand by and lie for them, and they both know and respect that fact.

MOO

It is always stated as "alleged" (or at least it should be), because he is still innocent under the law and all of these details/allegations need to be tested in a trial.

Hi CC. I agree but the alleged is only relating to the phone call, texts and web searches. I think QPS will need to prove that he physically was involved in each of those events before it could be presented as evidence wouldn't they???? Just found it curious that only those particular details were alleged. I get your point though.
Thanks

Don't you think they might have needed confirmation in writing before presenting this at the Bail application hearing? Also they have had ample time to confirm the web searches. Maybe it will remain Alleged until they can to prove beyond a doubt who psychically made the call and sent the texts and did the web searches . Can the QPS present 'Alleged 'evidence in the court for the purposed of revealing/defining evidence? Any legal eagles on line? Sort of a catch 22 isn't it.:dunno::dunno::dunno::dun

For example, it is alleged that he texted her because the phone is registered in his name, but you still have to prove that he was actually in possession of the phone at that particular time and typed the text. All this will happen at the committal hearing and/or subsequent trial.

I am realllllly behind so no doubt this has been discussed...but I too have been stumped on the google/psychiatrist thing.

I think we have to treat it as a search that was done which he didn't expect to be discovered, as per the other google searches he did. So it can't have been an attempt to misguide anyone, which is different from the text messages which seem to be an attempt to cover up IMO.

I wonder if the search was for him, if he thought he was losing his mind?

IMO Googling psychiatrist's was all part of GBC's game plan. It's reported in MSM that the police arrived at the GC's residence at 8:30am on the Friday morning. It's also reported that GBC did a Google search for psychiatrist's at 9:34am that same morning. IMO the police were still at the house when he did this and for a long time after. I'm thinking that when the police arrived GBC made out like the anguished husband. "My wife is missing, she's suffering from depression, she's going to be so confused so I'll have a psychiatrist on hand for when you find her."

All speculation and MOO.

Could he have been trying to look up a psychiatrist that he thought ABC may have been going to, given that she may have had some problems with what was going on in their lives? If he really was worried that she hadn't shown up at home?

I sometimes use Google rather than the White Pages if I'm not sure of the name or the spelling of a business, for example.

Just a thought....

Regular psychiatrists charge over $150 per hour if not more, and you need to be referred by GP to see one. Some selected psychiatrists charge over $500 per hour. Most of the psychiatrists work privately, a few work for the government, but you have to have a special reason to see that one. I doubt Allison had the means to see a psychiatrist on a regular basis. Somehow, I picture her saving money for the girls and their needs rather than paying shrinks. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304