The Roy Kronk Connection- Opening Statements-Kronk takes the stand 2011.06.28

Baez said to us and the jury that we will never know were RK found Caylee. I quess we are to leave it at that and not ask why.The jury is sure to love that!

Isn't that convenient?

So your saying that Caylee was in the playhouse for over a month then the reward was put into effect. RK went in the backyard to swim and found her body, took her some-were and waited to plant the remains on Suburban Dr. I don't get it.

:floorlaugh:

JB made not even a litte bit of sense with his foof about Kronk. I think he even confused himself.
That was the most convoluted and bizarre opening statement I've heard in a good while. I was following the drowned theory (new to me since I haven't followed this board in a while) and it didn't explain what the logic was of how this fit in with where she was found or the smells in the trunk (that may or may not have existed depending on who you believe). Then you throw in the meter reader. He's now blaming CA for her death (indirectly, as now he's forced to acknowledge the nanny never existed) but the meter reader is the big bad guy for finding her body.

Seriously?

Well, said.

BTW, Nancy Grace tonight said that RK's "estranged son" will testify that RK boasted about knowing where the body was a month or more before he "found" it.

Not that I think NG is a particularly accurate source, nor do I think it matters (in this trial) whether RK "played" with the body, but I thought I should mention it.
I can't remember which talking head said it, (I think it was someone on TruTV) but they said the son at the depo wasn't so certain as to when RK made those statements. He said it was possible he said it a day or two after the body was found.

They need Kronk to prove that the body was not in the trunk. If Kronk had it, then it was never in the trunk and all the science that suggests it was there is just "junk".

So I am curious?? How do you guys think the defense will explain Roy Kronk obtaining Caylee's body to place it where it was found at?? I mean they are going to have to explain that one.... I don't believe it at all. They obviously did not think this through.

For me, that was the most bizarre part of the opening. It makes no sense. Why move it if he found it? If all he wanted was fame and the reward--there was no need to move it. And where did he find it?

According to Baez, Kronk found Caylee's body lying some-were we will never know then took her home instead of calling the police and collect the reward.After his car broke down he planted the body, called the police to collect the reward as he was broke. Makes perfect sense to me.

So some innocent man 'finds' a dead child so he TAKES IT WITH HIM SOMEWHERE? He is going to risk being found with a dead body on him? WHY would anyone do that?

And when RK stumbled across the body wrapped in 3 garbage bags along with things from the Anthony home...how did he know for sure it was Caylee anyway? Taking quite the chance on it being Caylee, then stashing it for 3 months and then planting it AFTER it was skeletonized. I cannot believe how insulting this is to anyone's intelligence. I'd be embarrassed to be on the DT spewing this sort of muck.

This is a sarcastic dramatization of what it appears the defense theory is; :rolleyes:

Ok, here's a story that's supposed to be true according to the "THE LEGEND OF SUBURBAN LANE"!!! (cue eerie music)

It is said that in an area that gets flooded after tropical storms, off Suburban Lane, that the ghost of a little girl can be seen rising from the earth and walking around.

It all started back in June of 2008. The little girl lived in an idyllic household with a beautiful loving mother, grandmother and a loving grandfather to her, however that same man had evilly molested the little girls mother, but the little girl had all of her favorite things. A Winnie the Pooh collection, a shelf full of her favorite DVD's, a beautiful little playhouse and most of all her beloved swimming pool.

Early one morning the little girl awoke before anyone in the house and decided she was going to take a swim. A little later the mean old grandfather woke up and yelled at his long suffering daughter. Where was the little girl he demanded to know. After all of the abuse she'd endured since age 8 by her father she particularly rued not moving out by then.

Oh my she yelled and immediately they started to tear the house apart looking for the little girl. Sadly it was the evil grandfather that found the child in the pool. Nobody would say he killed her, just that he found her in the pool and that when her mother came around the corner she found the evil grandpa holding the dead child. He screamed at her that she would go away for life if her parental negligence were ever discovered! She began to cry and he took pity on her and decided to help her hide the body. Even though he knew negligence would never put her away for life.

You see the evil grandpa had been a policeman for several years at one time and thought about what to do. He immediately dismissed calling the police and telling the truth even though every cop in this situation knew it would be the smartest thing to do. Why? Nobody knows. Nobody was saying he killed her just that he didn't do the right thing then.

Suddenly he got a great idea! I'll take all of the stuff I can possibly find to link her to the house and make her fairly easy to identify. Then I'll triple bag her and cast her 20 feet off the road on Suburban Lane. That's where his police training had paid off. His years in law enforcement had given him the ability to devise such a clever plan.

However, the mother was so upset that she fled the house not to be seen for 31 days. Now after 31 days had passed she was confident enough to stop avoiding her mother and to get into the car with her because she believed everything was ok. She quickly learned that the evil grandpa had never told her mother of the accident and she began to panic and tell lies to everybody.

A couple of weeks later an evil money grubbing, fame seeking and morally bankrupt meter reader discovered the body!! Ha! Ha! he exclaimed I found the little girls body. Now I can claim the $225,000 and be famous for finding this missing child. He pointed out the bag with the body to some co-workers he was with but they all became so enamored of a dead snake that they refused to look. Drats! I'll have to call the police myself now and not have to worry about anyone wanting to split the reward with me. So later on he called the cops.

The cop showed up and looked but was scared off by a snake. Grrrrr! I'll have to call again tomorrow and so he did. This time was equally disappointing and the cop left without inspecting the bag. Oh well, the meter reader thought, I'll grab the bag myself and hide it somewhere. Who cares if I'm caught with it. It smells terrible but I've got just the place to hide it. To this day, where that was remains a mystery.

A couple of months later the evil meter reader called his son who hated him and proudly exclaimed that he was going to find the little girls body and be rich and famous. Then, after waiting another month, he put the bag with the body back in the same place. He carefully pulled plants up through the bag to make it look like it had been there for months. He had a car repair bill for around $1,000 right then and that $225,000 would come in handy right about now.

This time the police took his call seriously and he was rewarded with fame and $15,000 from GMA. Why not the $225,000? Alas, he had not read the fine print on the reward poster. Along with getting his car bill paid with the $15, 000 he used some of the other money to see an eye doctor.

The poor mother of the dead child was railroaded in court and given the death penalty. Now that's all for tonight kiddies. Sweet dreams.

:tsktsk:

I can't remember which talking head said it, (I think it was someone on TruTV) but they said the son at the depo wasn't so certain as to when RK made those statements. He said it was possible he said it a day or two after the body was found.

I thought it was Nejames on ClickOrlando but I could have confused it with TRU. Either way I heard the same thing.

They need Kronk to prove that the body was not in the trunk. If Kronk had it, then it was never in the trunk and all the science that suggests it was there is just "junk".

If they admitted Caylee died at home,why try to debunk the the trunk evidence? :waitasec:
It's almost like they were so determined to bring RK in ,they cut off their nose to spite their face.

JB asked GA if the duct tape was at the "Caylee Missing" booth. I think he will try to say that RK stole the tape from the booth and he is the one that used it on Caylee - and to back up this totally absurd weird lame, grasping at straws, theory JB will use RK's ex's depo about him duct taping her and therefore RK must have a "duct tape" fetish......yeal that's the ticket. It's not ineffective defense, because they are putting on a defense. It's Cirque du Absurd Defense. Does that qualify for an appeal?

So your saying that Caylee was in the playhouse for over a month then the reward was put into effect. RK went in the backyard to swim and found her body, took her some-were and waited to plant the remains on Suburban Dr. I don't get it.

I'm not saying that at all. And we all know how well Baez thinks things thru. I just noticed that Baez said that Cindy told LE about someone swimming in their pool and LE never investigated it. Just a hypothesis of where he could be going with this. His way of connecting the dots.

I thought it was Nejames on ClickOrlando but I could have confused it with TRU. Either way I heard the same thing.
Actually, I think you are right that it was Nejame. I was watching so much coverage that I get confused as to who said what. :crazy:

If they admitted Caylee died at home,why try to debunk the the trunk evidence? :waitasec:
It's almost like they were so determined to bring RK in ,they cut off their nose to spite their face.
They want to debunk the trunk because it makes their accident theory even weaker. Why would anyone ride around with the body of their daughter in the trunk if she died accidentally? That's something a cold-blooded killer would do.

So...RK stumbles upon a dead child's body wrapped in 3 garbage bags and a laundry bag. RK knows it is Caylee even though it's been 2 months decomposing. He makes a couple of phone calls to police, all the while stashing the body in some other unknown location. Then, for whatever reason, he plants the body, garbage bags and all on Suburban drive. Yes, he waited until the body was skeletonized too. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

I get the feeling that Kronk's statement that he'd hit the lottery and was going to be rich/famous could be deeply sarcastic. "Lucky me", kinda deal. mo

It's been a while since I thought about Kronk so I went back to read some of the threads. MR's connections was/is one of the big mysteries of this case to me for several reasons. There was LP's "daisy chain" theory - which seemed to be involving a discussion between ICA and JB, overheard by MR's girlfriend who worked at the jail, told to MR, who tried with varying degrees of urgency to get police to look. There were the mysterious pavers, which the PI's searched for and found, although they ended up being the wrong pavers. The LP theory being that the PIs were tipped off that they could find Caylee in that area, near the pavers in a bag... and maybe MR was tipped with the same, incomplete and vague information. This makes a lot of sense to me.

I have long been confused by the various descriptions of the "bag" MR saw, which he described at various times as "gray", "metallic silver", "vinyl" and "like a pool cover". Of course we now know it was a black garbage bag and a laundry bag which was neither gray nor silver nor vinyl. If he had a vague tip like "I heard ICA tell JB the body is in that area near pavers in a bag" he could have looked, seen a bag, and reported it. Oops, wrong bag. Ok, looks again, another bag, calls it in, still not the right bag. At some point tells his son he knows where the body is and he is going to report it and be famous. Son encourages him to go ahead and do it, I would assume. So the third time he goes all the way into the trees and looks specifically for bones because there is no point in continuing to report the wrong bag. Finds it, reports it, forgets to read the small print :rolleyes: (what weird terminology, JB) and is cleared by police almost immediately.

I don't know. I have thought all along he had information given to him somehow. JB's theory that MR moved the body is ludicrous though and doesn't even make any sense with the DT theory. I need to listen that part again. I think the mystery location MR found it is exactly where it was when police arrived. But I think he reported completely different bags the first two times because his information was too vague.

And I think the change in CA's demeanor around 11/15 when her PIs were doing their searches was when she learned the truth... I don't think she would have been so changed by a psychic tip but she would have been by a tip passed to her by ICA or her DT. And so she sends the PIs out to follow the same credible yet vague tip that MR got.

FWIW I still think MR is the hero who found Caylee. I just don't think he was simply lucky.

I don't understand...which, considering it is JB telling the story is not surprising, but when supposedly did RK find the body and when does JB think he put it in the woods??? He called to say he found a bag in August, that didn't work too well, so then he waited 4 months before trying again? 4 months when somebody else could have found his so called "lottery ticket?" I just don't get it. :waitasec:

This was one of the most surprising and ridiculous claims by JB that I heard in opening statements..

So Kronk took the body and hid it for months before placing it and "finding" it.. but they have NO idea how he got the body or where he found it?

Ummm Baez.. if this is true why not ask your client or her dad who supposedly was a detective (and is going along with this theory) where they put the body and give the jury the WHOLE story?

Maybe, but Baez did say no one will ever know where GA put the body or where RK found it.

That he better be prepared to explain ,and I think he will try. I just dont know how he can say the body was never in the car if no one will ever know where Kronk got the body from.

This was one of the most surprising and ridiculous claims by JB that I heard in opening statements..

So Kronk took the body and hid it for months before placing it and "finding" it.. but they have NO idea how he got the body or where he found it?

Ummm Baez.. if this is true why not ask your client or her dad who supposedly was a detective (and is going along with this theory) where they put the body and give the jury the WHOLE story?

I think he will try RK was tipped off and he did find the body but he was waiting for the reward to be higher so he moved it so it wouldnt be found by anyone else. Then when he needed the money and couldnt wait any longer he called in the tip.

Now if I never heard anything about this case and JB could present me with RK spending habbits over the weeks prior to caylee being found and spending habbits compared to the same time period the year before. And there was evidence that he seemed to think he was getting money I might listen.

Does anyone have a chart or anything on how the reward grew over the months or weeks RK called those tips in?

That whole Roy Kronk thing really had me scratching my head. Where in the world would he have come across her body, to hide it, and then place it in that swamp?? Makes no sense to me, at all. JB said "we'll never know" where Kronk got her body. That's the easy way out, IMO. If JB expects anyone to believe that theory, he needs to connect the dots a little better. JMO.

It sounds to me that we'll never know because Kronk really didn't.

Otherwise we could find out. We just need George and Casey to be convinced to confess where they put her. But he's sure George won't, because... GA really didn't? And because we already know where Casey put her.

Even Mr. Kronk could be convinced to confess where he got the body (he is still alive, isn't he?). In the face of this overwhelming evidence against him an' all....

I knew the DT was going to go with the notion that the body was placed there after ICA was arrested -- which would go along with the kidnapping theory.

But as JB explained it - it makes NO sense. Why would RK take the body and keep it for a couple months, then put it back (if he found it on the earlier visit with the snake/had to urine incident).

Did LE go to his house, search for DNA evidence? Puhleezzeee....I'm not buying what they're trying to sell.

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie