WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Salem. It was getting out of hand in Thread 4....started to remind me of the WW, minus the bashers. I think we're all just looking for answers, but people need to remember we don't have many facts, everything is strictly assumptions.

RIP Mackenzie!

I have a question...well a statement and a question.

Someone posted on thread #4, that LE says they are the only people who know details about the case. Well, they probably know more details and facts than the general public. But, I think some of the rumors we all have heard could be true facts. Not everything...but some, for sure.

Do you think think some of what you have read here, or heard in town, could possibly be true?

You don't have to explain what info you think is factual and what is a rumor...just say yes, or no.

KOMO reported that local businesses have contributed to the reward. I hope we are let known what businesses so that all of us locals can show are support for what they have done.

I have a question...well a statement and a question.

Someone posted on thread #4, that LE says they are the only people who know details about the case. Well, they probably know more details and facts than the general public. But, I think some of the rumors we all have heard could be true facts. Not everything...but some, for sure.

Do you think think some of what you have read here, or heard in town, could possibly be true?

You don't have to explain what info you think is factual and what is a rumor...just say yes, or no.

I was the one who spoke with LE today. I was told that nobody except for who is directly working on the case knows any information. So that being said I was doubting some of the posts on here that stated they heard information directly from LE.

I wonder why our local newspapers or media have not mentioned this??? They need to get on the ball here locally. It's bad when non local media knows more and tells more than ours.

with all due respect to WW they are a small city paper that has been hit by the economic crunch. With the recent layoffs and cost reductions I think they do a pretty good job. I've been frustrated by them as well, but I understand there issues.

As a former investigator I honestly believe LE is sitting on a whole lot of information. "Back n the day" a quick arrest may have occured. IMO the i's are being dotted and the t's crossed to assure a conviction. maybe I'm just optimistic?

I was the one who spoke with LE today. I was told that nobody except for who is directly working on the case knows any information. So that being said I was doubting some of the posts on here that stated they heard information directly from LE.

I agree...not everything we hear or read can be true...just some it.
Thanks for replying.

I know a few people who are married to those in LE locally, and the spouses don't even know. It's not that you won't tell, it's that they DON'T know!

They are keeping things hush hush for a reason and we may not like it and may not understand, but i'll do whatever it takes to help them find her, even if that means not asking/talking about it.

I was trying to ask this question when the thread was pulled so my guess is no one saw it! I did not think much of this at the time but now??? I know that there is a back way out of mission ridge but I am not sure how to go about it, I think it can put you out somewhere in cashmere. I tried to google earth it but I am not very good at that sort of stuff, maybe some one smarter than me could help.
10C01295 SUSPICIOUS 20:07:02 02/12/10 HEGBERG MARK ACT
xxxxxx
FROM HWY; US 2 - RP SEES A BRIGHT LIGHT UP ON THE HILL ABOVE OLD SWER POND RD
AND CASHMERE WONDERING IF MIGHT BE RELATED TO MISSING GIRL
20:06:58 02/12/2010 - MILLER MONICA
my thoughts on this are maybe some one did go out that way in 4 wheel drive. maybe

with all due respect to WW they are a small city paper that has been hit by the economic crunch. With the recent layoffs and cost reductions I think they do a pretty good job. I've been frustrated by them as well, but I understand there issues.

As a former investigator I honestly believe LE is sitting on a whole lot of information. "Back n the day" a quick arrest may have occured. IMO the i's are being dotted and the t's crossed to assure a conviction. maybe I'm just optimistic?

With all due respect my comment was not directed to the WW. This reward could possibly provoke someone who knows something to come forward. So I feel locally this should be plastered all over every newspaper and radio station.

I was trying to ask this question when the thread was pulled so my guess is no one saw it! I did not think much of this at the time but now??? I know that there is a back way out of mission ridge but I am not sure how to go about it, I think it can put you out somewhere in cashmere. I tried to google earth it but I am not very good at that sort of stuff, maybe some one smarter than me could help.
xxxxxx
my thoughts on this are maybe some one did go out that way in 4 wheel drive. maybe

not likely... I know the Mission creek road is gated from a wash out and to be seen from the highway would mean Butler and I dont think that is accessible either

xxxxxx

One of my theories at the start was that maybe she had gone 4x4ing with someone up Pitcher Canyon and went down there other side. I've never been up that way so I don't know if it is possible. With everything else that is being kicked around here I don't know if my theory could really hold up. It would only support another theory that has MC parking her own car at the top of Pitcher Canyon.

ChelanCountyMom, I get what your saying and your right. It should at least be on the website?

One of my theories at the start was that maybe she had gone 4x4ing with someone up Pitcher Canyon and went down there other side. I've never been up that way so I don't know if it is possible. With everything else that is being kicked around here I don't know if my theory could really hold up. It would only support another theory that has MC parking her own car at the top of Pitcher Canyon.

I'm not sure that fits... First there was dinner with dad. Second those roads up there are tough in the fall during hunting season! to be seen from the highway it would have to be Butler and that is only accessible through Fairview Canyon in Monitor or the Cashmere side. Last time I was up there it was gaited towards Wenatchee

I don't seen on the MVT Site that any 911 calls from WC residence took place.

Were they removed, or did they not happen? Other 911 hang-ups are posted.

I really hope people are not harrassing the family via telephone/drive by's.

And I REALLY hope this crime wasn't someone trying to pay the family back in some WEIRD, crazy way.

Wouldn't happen this time of year, too much snow to be able to make it. Not even with 4 wheel drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong