FBI Probes David Copperfield's Vegas Warehouse

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Oct19/0,4670,PeopleCopperfield,00.html

LAS VEGAS — David Copperfield has been contacted by law enforcement authorities and the FBI has conducted an investigation in Las Vegas, where the magician regularly performs, his lawyer and the FBI confirmed.
Copperfield has a warehouse in Las Vegas that he has dubbed the International Museum & Library of the Conjuring Arts. He apparently stores tricks and memorabilia from around the world at the warehouse.
"I can confirm that there's investigative activity at the warehouse," FBI Special Agent David Staretz, spokesman for the Las Vegas office, said Thursday. Staretz wouldn't give further details.
Copperfield's Las Vegas attorney, David Chesnoff, said his client had been contacted by investigators.
"We understand there is an investigation, are in touch with the investigators, and are respecting the confidentiality of the investigation," Chesnoff said.
KLAS-TV reported that an FBI raid with 12 agents took place Wednesday at Copperfield's warehouse.
"I can say that there was investigative activity yesterday and yesterday evening in Las Vegas," Seattle FBI Agent Robbie Burroughs said Thursday, without specifying where the activity took place or who was involved. (more at link)

Fox reporter saying this might be linked to a rape supposedly committed by Copperfield w/a Seattle woman.

Wow, very interesting! I will certainly be following this one!

I read something somewhere this morning about an investigation into the amount of cash Copperfield had in that warehouse. Why would you keep cash in a warehouse??? - taxes, maybe.

I will follow this story also.

:( :(

Well, what a total letdown. For as long as I can, I'm going to hope that there's no truth in all this.

David Copperfield and the Handkerchief Dance is one of the most touching and beautiful performances I've ever seen.

"Say it ain't so, Joe."

Copperfield's such a good magician/illusionist perhaps he can make all of this disappear.

Copperfield's such a good magician/illusionist perhaps he can make all of this disappear.

LOL!!! :laugh:

Why would the woman wait until she came back from the Bahamas IF she were really raped?????? I'm not sure I believe this allegation.

Well, as his attorney said, celebrities are often wrongly targeted. Let's hope this is the case.

Well I'm not going to believe it unless he's charged. This could be a rumor started by someone wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

I've seen Copperfield's show twice and he is an excellent entertainer.

You stole my line. LOL

Maybe the accusation was made by some woman after Copperfield magically made a little David appear inside her womb and they were looking in the warehouse for his book on immaculate conception. hehehe

Something smells here. A Seattle woman claims she was raped in the Bahamas and the clues are in a warehouse in Las Vegas? Sounds to me like someone is cooking something covert in order to seize things. They are not releasing the name of the woman making the claim - which, I don't know, just doesn't seem right that you can make that kind of accusation that would lead to such a massive invasion of someone's property and remain under the radar.

I thought it was weird too, all the drama surrounding this. They even took cash he had in a safe? Can they do that because someone claimed she was raped? I don't know, honestly!

Is the FBI involved because it's WA/NV/Bahamas?

My thoughts concerning the money was that maybe he was going to try to pay her off to keep quiet, IF he raped her, hence they took the cash as evidence. **shrugs** This is all very interesting and weird.

So far he will be able to travel internationally for his magic shows.

If he's really a magician, they won't be able to keep him in prison. :D

I bet Copperfield wishes he could make it all disappear!!:D

Honesty, I was surprised the allegations had anything to do with a woman. His engagement to Claudia Schiffer 10 years ago was just a sham. I have never heard about him being involved or dating a woman. I'm more interested in why they seized his computer hard drives and why 2 million in cash was in his warehouse.

23_165_11.gif

How on earth did the whole $2 million thing start?

* a story on october 19 said they seized $2 million in cash . . .
* then a story on october 21 said they didnt seize the cash . . .
* another one said there was no $2 million in cash to begin with!

http://news.google.com/news?q=coppe...e=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=news_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Very interesting. She was an "aspiring model" and 21 yrs old.

i dunno. wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him for some reason. just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he didn't do it. you know? if she was a victim, i bet she had a horrible time coming forward.

Years ago, a gal I knew through a friend claimed she had a tryst with him when he came here for a performance. For some reason, I believed her. I think it was very much a consensual situation, though.

I have a strong feeling that there is a kernel of truth in the current case. The rich and famous (not all of them, lol) can get very jaded and think they can do whatever the hell they want.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back