What do you make of Terri never speaking to the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the garage is part of a privately owned building, it is PRIVATE property. We happen to own an office building that housed my FIL's law offices before he passed away. There is a 15 space parking area enclosed by a brick and wrought iron fence with two entry/exit points. We can restrict anyone that we want to from entering the lot or from parking there day or night, even when the office is closed. The police can and have called tow trucks to remove cars that were there illegally. It is clearly posted as private property as are dozens of others in the downtown area. My FIL frequently was involved in high profile cases as he specialized in business law. Believe me, if he didn't want the media there, they were definitely informed that they would be prosecuted for trespassing.
We don't know if the garage in question is private property, however. We merely have one person's statement that it is (and if I wanted the press to go away, I'd say the same thing...even if it weren't true).

To me, it looked like a garage under an office building...many of which in the city I live in are open to the public as well as to tenants/visitors to tenants in the specific building. I've worked in office buildings where the garage was totally private, marked as such, and one had to have an employee pass to get in...if this was the case with this building, then the reporter was trespassing. I've worked in office buildings that had tenant parking but also visitor parking in relation to the tenants...the reporter could have scheduled a meeting with another tenant to make it legal (I saw this tactic in action at the building I worked in as mentioned before). I've worked in office buildings that had tenant, visitor, AND public parking (this is the most common configuration in the city I currently live in, as it makes the most income for the property owners...they charge an arm and a leg for the public...it could be very different in Portland). I've worked in office buildings where the owner of the garage was different than the owner of the building and could have given a rats rear end about reporters being on their property...they only cared about getting the fees from the people parking in the garage.

We don't know for sure what the situation is in this case.

I still maintain that the reporter was being jerkish. I really do not like these kind of attempts at interviews. It reeks of tabloid journalism, but the media will pursue what sells...and what gets the highest ratings.

According to two attorneys and a judge (husband's golf group) sitting right here at my patio table......the reporter was technically trespassing the minute he stepped off of the street and into the parking garage, unless he had an appointment or business relationship with a tenant in that building. There are very specific places that TH is restricted from, along with very specific people. Other than that, she is free to go anywhere that she wants to. The press has no more right to enter that building than they do to enter any ones yard or home....refer back to the beginning of the case where LE repeatedly told media to STAY OFF OF PRIVATE PROPERTY. Freedom of the press does not allow media to enter your home uninvited just because your kid left the door open. Same goes for entering an enclosed parking garage and refusing to leave when clearly told that it was private property.

I have not read the entire thread, so please forgive me if I am posting redux:

We do not know that the reporter DID NOT have permission.... do we?

Terri acts just like Casey.

But the the truth is her lawyer told her not to speak to anyone.... I pretty sure of that.

Misty Croslin never listen to her lawyer ever... look were that landed her.

I bet they start sending her with a security guard soon.

Her attorney has probably advised her to stay silent. Anything she says can be spun against her at this point, and I am sure she's been told to stay away from this case as much as possible.

I understand her not saying anything. That is not what bothers me the most. She also didn't flinch, not even once. No reaction to the questions whatsoever. I'd at least expect signs of her being upset. Those questions should have hurt her inside if she was innocent. Instead she treated it like the reporter was an annoying cockroach. I bet she would have smashed him with her foot if she could have. There wasn't any concern for Kyron misisng, just annoyance that the reporter dared to inconvenience her with questions. That is what really bothers me.

Well that is good to know. I think Terri should sue KATU for some kind of violation of her rights. Of course you realize that KATU would have to explain why they were there trying to question Terri, and the background of her suspicious behavior. And there would be all kinds of discovery flying about and depositions, too (which are not allowed in criminal court) and all kinds of evidence being requested. We could find out lots and lots of interesting things that will probably be barred in criminal court.

Terri would have to state a claim for damages. What would those be? Public humiliation? Had to see a doctor and get tranquilizers? Great. Hand over your complete medical history including your psych records. Prove this incident caused your anxiety and not the allegations that you disappeared your step-son. I'm all for Terri suing KATU. ALL FOR IT!

The only information that would be allowed by a judge would be whether the reporter had an appointment in the building, or verbal or written permission to enter the property, or a standing business relationship with a tenant that could be substantiated. WHY he wanted answers has nothing to do with the illegal physical act of entering private property without permission. It is a simple did you or did you not have a right to be there. Since LE has gone to great lengths in this case admonishing media to stay off of private property, and these very media sources have been showing video of those statements, it would be a bit difficult for them to play dumb and pretend they didn't know.

This video brought me out from lurking.

While TH and the blonde lady were waiting for the elevator and the reporter is asking TH questions...doesn't it look like that blonde lady was about to laugh? Or maybe she was just trying to button her lip from saying something insulting to the reporter....maybe it's just me but I swear it looks like she was trying not to laugh.....

Yup DDigger, on several ocassions, at the beginning and towards the end, the woman accompanying Terri appeared to be ready to smile or laugh. Real freaking funny ain't it? I'd fire the dorkassettee, she ain't ready for prime time.

Was there a moment that TH looked at the reporter before heading to the elevator or did she keep her eyes downward? The video is kind of hard to see on my laptop.

rosiebean in your post #45 thank you for saying all that so well so people can understand. I agree with all but your first and last sentences. I love our free press and wouldn’t want it any other way even though I have had microphones stuck in my mug a time or two. And I think the reporter was very professional, calm and respectful of both them.

I respect anyone’s right to not speak. She did seem chilling to me though as someone else said. I think she was mad not shy. I think she’s thinking of herself and disgruntled at her own troubles rather than fessing up with what she knows about Kyron’s whereabouts. I do think she is in possession of some knowledge about him. They may never solve his case but if she’s ever brought to trial that demeanor won’t bode well with a jury I don’t believe.

I don't think she's the innocent victim, but the thing that bothered me about the way this was handled was the sound. The other woman clearly stated early on that this was private property, but her voice is almost inaudible on the tape. The way the volume is handled makes it look like bullying to me. This wasn't just the voice guy but a camera crew as well.

I don't like self-righteous bullies any more than I do those who commit crimes and then don't tell the truth. By broadcasting this on TV, it's telling everyone it's just fine to be on the offensive as long as you believe you're in the right.

What struck me odd is IMO terri at the start of the video seemed like she was going to confront the reporter until the blonde chick started screaming "no comment, no comment!!" And then terri hid behind this lady which was weird to me since terri is a buff chick and can handle her own IMO. Im guessing her attorney will tell terri how to play the media for now on... This little video says alot to me...

The only information that would be allowed by a judge would be whether the reporter had an appointment in the building, or verbal or written permission to enter the property, or a standing business relationship with a tenant that could be substantiated. WHY he wanted answers has nothing to do with the illegal physical act of entering private property without permission. It is a simple did you or did you not have a right to be there. Since LE has gone to great lengths in this case admonishing media to stay off of private property, and these very media sources have been showing video of those statements, it would be a bit difficult for them to play dumb and pretend they didn't know.

I suppose that's a risk they decided to take. Kinda like when I drive over the speed limit or in the HOV lane when I'm in a hurry. I'm prepared to accept the consequences if I'm caught.

OMW, this is where I go batty. If Terri is guilty, then she's guilty. Her wearing or not wearing a Kyron t-shirt isn't a mark of guilt or innocence. Desiree hasn't worn a Kyron t-shirt every day or even at every presser since Kyron's disappearance, and she's his biological mother. If Terri doesn't talk to the press, she's guilty and unfeeling, if she talks to the press, she's a narcissist seeking the spotlight. If she cries, it's fake. If she doesn't cry, she's a sociopath.

Etc.

o_O

Well, if someone has any proof that she did that, I myself and I am sure LE, also, are more than ready to have that presented!

jmo

I have a feeling that LE already have it from what Kaine put in his court documents

JMO

A reporters job is to get the story or interview, and I do not think he was so bad. Someone needs to keep on to her about talking. I honestly do not see why anyone would think this reporter was so bad. He did not push the microphone in her face. Her big bad bodyguard kept him at bay.

If this woman knows where little Kyron is and will not tell, then I hope she is arrested, convicted, and executed if he is dead. It hurts to think there is even a possibility that Kyron is out there maybe decomposing. For Kyron's sake I hope she does have someone hiding him and he is well. BUT it is looking more and more as if he is no longer with us.

I am very sad and very angry that Terri will not cooperate with LE. She should enjoy her last days of freedom because I do see an arrest in her very near future.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member