SIDEBAR #53 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmacky, the young man never came back, never brought me my money back, nor picked up his pressure washer. My beloved contractor is going to come with his crew and finish the job and I know it will be done correctly. That whole situation gave me such anxiety and really set me off. A friend of mine had a similar experience and she is taking him to small claims court next Wednesday.

My DH said to just let it go as it was not worth all the angst I experienced. Lesson learned. Thank you for asking!

I've been wondering about Y/N too, maybe she's just taking a nice relaxing vacation. Hopefully she'll check in soon.

Niner, I love cucumbers with onions in vinegar, not straight but diluted with water, about 1:1. Add salt and let them marinade for a bit, one of my favorite foods, yumyum. :skip:
Makes my mouth draw up just thinking about it :giggle:

YoNo is having bandwidth issues apparently and I hope we see her soon. Y'all are Cuisinarts and I am very impressed.

Get them bobby socks and saddle loafers on.

[video=youtube;sVG-IFSjWJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVG-IFSjWJA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I've been wondering about Y/N too, maybe she's just taking a nice relaxing vacation. Hopefully she'll check in soon.

Niner, I love cucumbers with onions in vinegar, not straight but diluted with water, about 1:1. Add salt and let them marinade for a bit, one of my favorite foods, yumyum. :skip:
Makes my mouth draw up just thinking about it :giggle:

I love cucumber and onion too . Earlier this week I cut up the cucumber cut up the onions and reached into my pantry to get the vinegar. (1:1 here too usually with teeny bit of sugar ).
...no vinegar :pullhair:

So I used instead a marinade of Raspberry walnut vinegarette salad dressing .

It was yummmmmy !

I have used Oil of Olay since I was twenty five years old. I don't know if it's that , but people say I don't look my age and think I'm in my fifties.
I'm allergic to Oil of Olay. Used it one time and got redness under my eyes.

I love cucumber and onion too . Earlier this week I cut up the cucumber cut up the onions and reached into my pantry to get the vinegar. (1:1 here too usually with teeny bit of sugar ).
...no vinegar :pullhair:

So I used instead a marinade of Raspberry walnut vinegarette salad dressing .

It was yummmmmy !

When I was growing up we never added sugar to ours, but now I add a little Swerve (sugar substitute) because my DH won't eat them the other way. He actually likes them now. :)

Keeping it clean- a pair of pears??

OH I thought it was Kim Kardasians fat butt.

I've come across potatoes that look like that, and I make Anna be my partner in crime to tease my dh. One time I was peeling potatoes and had a bag of strange shapes and sizes and one was shaped like the yellow submarine, and I found one that was all lumpy and twisted, so I asked dh play a game called guess that shape and showed him the odd one and he'd guess and each time I told him no until he gave up, and I pulled out the other one and Anna yells the yellow submarine. As Anna always says - poor daddy.

[video=youtube;laRyswIO_-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRyswIO_-g&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

When I was growing up we never added sugar to ours, but now I add a little Swerve (sugar substitute) because my DH won't eat them the other way. He actually likes them now. :)

Did your mother ever made a green-bean salad with chopped onions and tomatoes and Italian salad dressing?

My dh eats pickled beets with mayonnaise which just grosses me out.

When I was little our Sunday dinner after we got home from church (I'm really not that church going it was what my parents went through when we were young) was fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, green beans and corn. I loved, and still do, have a slice of bread and gravy on my plate. I haven't made real cream gravy in a long time. I haven't fried a chicken in years. When we were growing up you learned how to cut up a chicken, they didn't come already done. Which works out good for my Showtime Rotisserie. but you need those bits and pieces from the chicken when you fry it.

Jury verdict is "no unanimous decision" on all counts in James Holmes' trial sentencing phase three. A hearing for the formal sentencing will be later this month and is expected to last three days.

I know all states are different, but they seem especially thorough in Colorado. I mean, the judge read the jury's decision on each charge and stated each time that the jury "understands that he will be sentenced to LWOP." What more can be said or done?

Did your mother ever made a green-bean salad with chopped onions and tomatoes and Italian salad dressing?

My dh eats pickled beets with mayonnaise which just grosses me out.

When I was little our Sunday dinner after we got home from church (I'm really not that church going it was what my parents went through when we were young) was fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, green beans and corn. I loved, and still do, have a slice of bread and gravy on my plate. I haven't made real cream gravy in a long time. I haven't fried a chicken in years. When we were growing up you learned how to cut up a chicken, they didn't come already done. Which works out good for my Showtime Rotisserie. but you need those bits and pieces from the chicken when you fry it.

I have had green bean salad like that, it was pretty good but my mother didn't make it. She was big on jello salads, made red jello with fruit cocktail or sliced bananas and maybe pecans, or orange jello with grated up carrots in it. I loved those, they were big back in the day. And all I can say to the pickled beets and mayo, is :sick: no way, lol. Another thing I remember, we always had deserts, always baking cakes or pies. I started cooking young, sounds like you did too. Sad how most of the young people today don't know the first thing about cooking, I think it's a dying art. :(
Yeah, I learned to cut up a chicken too, don't know if I would remember how today, and avoid it at all costs, lol. I remember eating the chicken gizzard and the heart :giggle: . Do they even sell those parts anymore, even in the whole chickens? Well, they probably do, not that I would eat them now anyway. I can honestly say I don't miss cutting up and frying chicken, lol.

The thing that stands out in my memory for our after church Sunday dinners, chicken and rice... it had rice mixture and the chicken pieces were placed on top IIRC then baked in the oven, or roast beef with carrots and potatoes. Ah the memories. And I'm not much of a church goer now either, but growing up we went twice on Sundays and usually on Wednesday nights. :facepalm: Those aren't really positive memories for me because it was a really weird church. So when I left, I really left.

Hey everyone!

Just stopped by to say "That Guy" (Aurora theatre shooting) got LWOP...

Oh - onions with the cucumbers - I'll have to try that!

Also, another one I like is diced tomatoes, cut up pickles and chopped onions!! Now that we have our tomatoes ripening - that's what I'll be eating for lunch for a while! Yum!! :D

Love pickled beets - my mom made the best - but some of the store bought ones aren't that bad! Also fresh sauerkraut, but will only buy it in Latvia right from the vats! To die for! (If you like sauerkraut -not cooked, of course!)

Okay - off to update the McStay Timeline after today's hearing!

Cheers! Take care everyone!

:seeya:

This is funny! Saw it on my Facebook page and had to share with you all!

Home Remedies to try! :lol:

Attachments

• HomeRemedies.jpg
    HomeRemedies.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 77
This is funny! Saw it on my Facebook page and had to share with you all!

Home Remedies to try! :lol:

:hilarious: Oh, how I needed that. Next time I get bugged by someone, I will tell them to "watch out or I will make you into a slinky".

Hey everyone!

Just stopped by to say "That Guy" (Aurora theatre shooting) got LWOP...

Oh - onions with the cucumbers - I'll have to try that!

Also, another one I like is diced tomatoes, cut up pickles and chopped onions!! Now that we have our tomatoes ripening - that's what I'll be eating for lunch for a while! Yum!! :D

Love pickled beets - my mom made the best - but some of the store bought ones aren't that bad! Also fresh sauerkraut, but will only buy it in Latvia right from the vats! To die for! (If you like sauerkraut -not cooked, of course!)

Okay - off to update the McStay Timeline after today's hearing!

Cheers! Take care everyone!

:seeya:

There is another thread here that everyone says where they are from. can you list your address please so I can come and steal some tomatoes in the middle of the night. I.WANTS.HOMEGROWN. :D:cool::banghead::eek::screwy::)

OH I thought it was Kim Kardasians fat butt.

I've come across potatoes that look like that, and I make Anna be my partner in crime to tease my dh. One time I was peeling potatoes and had a bag of strange shapes and sizes and one was shaped like the yellow submarine, and I found one that was all lumpy and twisted, so I asked dh play a game called guess that shape and showed him the odd one and he'd guess and each time I told him no until he gave up, and I pulled out the other one and Anna yells the yellow submarine. As Anna always says - poor daddy.

[video=youtube;laRyswIO_-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRyswIO_-g&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

The bolded :lol: admittedly, that is one pathetic woman IMO.

There is another thread here that everyone says where they are from. can you list your address please so I can come and steal some tomatoes in the middle of the night. I.WANTS.HOMEGROWN. :D:cool::banghead::eek::screwy::)

Over here on the east coast, I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen, but made some delicious fried green tomatoes from the ones that fell off the vine too early. I just love summertime and all the good food options. So cheap, too!

:hilarious: Oh, how I needed that. Next time I get bugged by someone, I will tell them to "watch out or I will make you into a slinky".

Me too!!! Bad people, a slinky. Yeah! Thanks for that one, Niner! :floorlaugh:

I have had green bean salad like that, it was pretty good but my mother didn't make it. She was big on jello salads, made red jello with fruit cocktail or sliced bananas and maybe pecans, or orange jello with grated up carrots in it. I loved those, they were big back in the day. And all I can say to the pickled beets and mayo, is :sick: no way, lol. Another thing I remember, we always had deserts, always baking cakes or pies. I started cooking young, sounds like you did too. Sad how most of the young people today don't know the first thing about cooking, I think it's a dying art. :(
Yeah, I learned to cut up a chicken too, don't know if I would remember how today, and avoid it at all costs, lol. I remember eating the chicken gizzard and the heart :giggle: . Do they even sell those parts anymore, even in the whole chickens? Well, they probably do, not that I would eat them now anyway. I can honestly say I don't miss cutting up and frying chicken, lol.

The thing that stands out in my memory for our after church Sunday dinners, chicken and rice... it had rice mixture and the chicken pieces were placed on top IIRC then baked in the oven, or roast beef with carrots and potatoes. Ah the memories. And I'm not much of a church goer now either, but growing up we went twice on Sundays and usually on Wednesday nights. :facepalm: Those aren't really positive memories for me because it was a really weird church. So when I left, I really left.

Yum, roast, potatoes and carrots and fresh peas. Another of my favorite dinners. Do you use flour or cornstarch to make your brown gravy? Oh meatloaf and broccoli rice casserole, pork chops and scalloped potatoes, salmon croquettes and mac and cheese. I think I just gained weight thinking of all my favorites.

Did your mother use the Tupperware jello molds? I still have all my Tupperware and Pyrex mixing bowls and casserole dishes.

Yep church twice on Sundays and the Wednesday night Bible study where we had dinner as a group. I went to church to not be home with my father so my religion started early.

1963 - Jacqueline Kennedy, wife of President John F. Kennedy, gave birth to a son today named Patrick Bouvier Kennedy.

[video=youtube;1K4mcn3MQEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1K4mcn3MQEw[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆