SIDEBAR #53 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hilarious: Oh, how I needed that. Next time I get bugged by someone, I will tell them to "watch out or I will make you into a slinky".

Me too!!! Bad people, a slinky. Yeah! Thanks for that one, Niner! :floorlaugh:

images
images
images

:D

1882 - Hatfields of south WV & McCoys of east Ky feud, 100 wounded or die.

[video=youtube;CCwe61LzjgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CCwe61LzjgI[/video]

2015 - North Korea to Move 30 Minutes Backward to Create Its Own Time Zone.

[video=youtube;MpiVFbioA7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MpiVFbioA7A[/video]

Neesaki, you can get chicken livers and gizzards at Chicken Express. Grandy's used to have them also.

I have had green bean salad like that, it was pretty good but my mother didn't make it. She was big on jello salads, made red jello with fruit cocktail or sliced bananas and maybe pecans, or orange jello with grated up carrots in it. I loved those, they were big back in the day. And all I can say to the pickled beets and mayo, is :sick: no way, lol. Another thing I remember, we always had deserts, always baking cakes or pies. I started cooking young, sounds like you did too. Sad how most of the young people today don't know the first thing about cooking, I think it's a dying art. :(
Yeah, I learned to cut up a chicken too, don't know if I would remember how today, and avoid it at all costs, lol. I remember eating the chicken gizzard and the heart :giggle: . Do they even sell those parts anymore, even in the whole chickens? Well, they probably do, not that I would eat them now anyway. I can honestly say I don't miss cutting up and frying chicken, lol.

The thing that stands out in my memory for our after church Sunday dinners, chicken and rice... it had rice mixture and the chicken pieces were placed on top IIRC then bake in the oven, or roast beef with carrots and potatoes. Ah the memories. And I'm not much of a church goer now either, but growing up we went twice on Sundays and usually on Wednesday nights. :facepalm: Those aren't really positive memories for me because it was a really weird church. So when I left, I really left.

My Mom also made lots of jello and the orange jello with grated carrots were one of her favorites. Cut up fried chicken (that they raised) milk gravy, mash pots, garden green beans, cut off corn and biscuits always on Sundays after church. Grandma always cut the breast with the wishing bone still in it and that was mine :) Like you, church Sunday morning, evening, Wednesday night prayer meeting. Church had a positive effect with me. I didn't think our church was weird ~ LOL. Maybe we were :) I still go there.., we don't have Wednesday night prayer meetings anymore and on Sunday nights we have Bible Study.

Morning all! :wave:

Me too!!! Bad people, a slinky. Yeah! Thanks for that one, Niner! :floorlaugh:

Your quite welcome!! I like to share with you all if I see something funny! :lol:

Over here on the east coast, I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen, but made some delicious fried green tomatoes from the ones that fell off the vine too early. I just love summertime and all the good food options. So cheap, too!

We planted Early Girls - and I've been freezing them for when the Huz is well, and he can make his spaghetti sauce! Now THAT is Yummy!!!

There is another thread here that everyone says where they are from. can you list your address please so I can come and steal some tomatoes in the middle of the night. I.WANTS.HOMEGROWN. :D:cool::banghead::eek::screwy::)

Oh No you don't!!! :laughing: You'd have to come thru our LOCKED gate and we have neighbors on both sides that have dogs, and they bark at ANYTHING!! Especially when I'm ready to go to sleep, they both seem to just start barking!!

Disappointed that ONE juror couldn't do Death... :gaah: after all that, and they can't vote Death?? :waitasec: Well, at least he won't be roaming the streets...

Huz is still not feeling great... Since food doesn't taste anything at all to him, he said he would help me in cooking my dinners at night, so I don't have to go to the fast food places anymore - Thank goodness!!!! YES!! I just did half his laundry, as he had too much for our laundry line outside. Tomorrow I'll do the rest, and than my laundry. Yes, we each do our own laundry! And now he wants me to clean his bathroom!!! :eek: But I guess I have no choice... I just wish he would get better!!??!!! He'll be getting his blood results Monday to see if he has Lyme disease. I'm hoping not, as that is a permanent thing - isn't it? :waitasec: I might have to postpone my other hip surgery in October, as he won't be able to help me after, OR I might go to a "home" for recovery. We shall see!

Okay - off to see what's happening around WS!

Hope YESorNO gets her bandwidth back SOON!!! You are missed here!!! :loveyou:

Later! :seeya:

Good Day my WS Friends! Hope you are enjoying beautiful weather and a lovely start to your weekend.

Gorgeous weather here in the Mid Atlantic. Tomorrow my DH and I are meeting up with KCL and her DH as she is on this side of the country. It will be so lovely to see both of them.

My DH has been off all week and is down in MD enjoying Regatta Week, which is filled with fun filled social events every evening. My SIL has her whole family down there, so I have only gone down twice for dinner. It was nice to visit with her family as I don't know them very well. The Crab Feast was Wednesday night and I got to see some people I met last fall when my MIL died that I really like. I think my DH was relieved to have me there so he could actually prove he had a wife and a mother for his children lol.

For those of you in bad weather's way, please stay safe.

Hello All

I'm having a bad day today :( Using my breathing treatments every 4 hours today. Weather is getting hot and humid again and is effecting me.

Your quite welcome!! I like to share with you all if I see something funny! :lol:

We planted Early Girls - and I've been freezing them for when the Huz is well, and he can make his spaghetti sauce! Now THAT is Yummy!!!

Oh No you don't!!! :laughing: You'd have to come thru our LOCKED gate and we have neighbors on both sides that have dogs, and they bark at ANYTHING!! Especially when I'm ready to go to sleep, they both seem to just start barking!!

Disappointed that ONE juror couldn't do Death... :gaah: after all that, and they can't vote Death?? :waitasec: Well, at least he won't be roaming the streets...

Huz is still not feeling great... Since food doesn't taste anything at all to him, he said he would help me in cooking my dinners at night, so I don't have to go to the fast food places anymore - Thank goodness!!!! YES!! I just did half his laundry, as he had too much for our laundry line outside. Tomorrow I'll do the rest, and than my laundry. Yes, we each do our own laundry! And now he wants me to clean his bathroom!!! :eek: But I guess I have no choice... I just wish he would get better!!??!!! He'll be getting his blood results Monday to see if he has Lyme disease. I'm hoping not, as that is a permanent thing - isn't it? :waitasec: I might have to postpone my other hip surgery in October, as he won't be able to help me after, OR I might go to a "home" for recovery. We shall see!

Hey Niner, my dog was bitten by a tick about a year and a half ago and she was deathly ill. When the vet figured out it was a tick, she got a week's worth of antibiotics. She had some slight residual confusion- forgot how to climb into the car- but it eventually went away.

Hello All

I'm having a bad day today :( Using my breathing treatments every 4 hours today. Weather is getting hot and humid again and is effecting me.

Sorry to hear it Coffee. It's cold and humid that affects my asthma. Fortunately my QVar inhaler does the trick.
I was hoping to get alot done on finishing off the Den today, but our Home Depot was one board short of the baseboard I wanted, and by the time we drove to the other Home Depot last night, they closed. Then DH stayed up way too late with DD last night, so he's still sleeping in. Her performance for today got cancelled-yeah!, but I still have to take her to a rehearsal tomorrow, which will cut into working on things- boo...

Some Otis Redding for a Saturday afternoon.

Zuri, dh has been in the same place as yours. And when I do meet people I always wonder what they think of me. Have I lived up to their expectations or failed and they think dh could do better.

I like being at home. I could live in just my bedroom if I had a stove and fridge. It's large, we have a king size sleigh bed that is a waterbed, and have four feet on each side of our bed. I have an antique wardrobe that holds our TV and stereo equipment and LP's and still have five feet at the foot of the bed. I have five windows and a french door that lets out on my front porch. My closet is twelve feet long and I don't have a bunch of clothes so I could put a stackable washer and dryer in there. My sister first apartment had a cool stove and refrigerator that were smaller than regular ones. I'd like those. I think my bedroom at two hundred and fourteen feet is larger than what her's was.

Has anyone ever thought how cool it would be to live in a caboose or rail car? Shhhh, don't let my dh hear me say that or I'll have one sitting in my backyard. Which probably won't ever get done.

[video=youtube;qZ6OrrkeVFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6OrrkeVFo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Niner, I'm feeling so sorry for your husband. It does kinda sound like Lyme Disease, which if found early seems to be pretty treatable, but if found later on, is a lot more complicated, though it's by no means a hopeless situation.

Several celebrities have spoken out about their struggles with it. I think The Joy Luck Club author Amy Tan's experience sounds a lot like what your husband's been going through:

(BBM)

"What started as a tick bite tumbled into a four-year struggle with a range of symptoms, from joint pain to gagging at certain smells, to heart problems. She also explained in the [New York Times] op-ed* that it took her years before she was able to find a doctor familiar enough with Lyme to know to prescribe her antibiotics. Now, she must keep taking the antibiotics, or else “the symptoms march back.”

If it comes down to a matter of taking antibiotics on a regular basis in order for him to feel well, I think that's an easy enough fix, so even if the diagnosis is Lyme Disease, don't despair.

Please keep us posted and let him know we're all rooting for him to get well! :)

*Here is the full text of Amy Tan's very informative post:

https://www.amytan.net/lyme-disease.html

My Mom also made lots of jello and the orange jello with grated carrots were one of her favorites. Cut up fried chicken (that they raised) milk gravy, mash pots, garden green beans, cut off corn and biscuits always on Sundays after church. Grandma always cut the breast with the wishing bone still in it and that was mine :) Like you, church Sunday morning, evening, Wednesday night prayer meeting. Church had a positive effect with me. I didn't think our church was weird ~ LOL. Maybe we were :) I still go there.., we don't have Wednesday night prayer meetings anymore and on Sunday nights we have Bible Study.

The wishbone! I totally forgot about that, I always got it too :). Wasn't the long end the good luck ? Fortunately not many churches are / were as screwed up as the one we went to, seriously. And Wednesday night was just another night of the preacher yelling about hell and damnation and banging on the pulpit :scared:

Hey Niner, my dog was bitten by a tick about a year and a half ago and she was deathly ill. When the vet figured out it was a tick, she got a week's worth of antibiotics. She had some slight residual confusion- forgot how to climb into the car- but it eventually went away.

Just a few months ago, our Border Collie was very lethargic (quite unusual for the breed) and limping terribly. He looked like one of those poor German Shepherds with degenerative hip disease. We took him to the vet and the tests came back positive for Lyme Disease. After a round of antibiotics and ongoing treatment with Cosequin, he's back to his old self and is once again wearing us out!

Just a few months ago, our Border Collie was very lethargic (quite unusual for the breed) and limping terribly. He looked like one of those poor German Shepherds with degenerative hip disease. We took him to the vet and the tests came back positive for Lyme Disease. After a round of antibiotics and ongoing treatment with Cosequin, he's back to his old self and once again, wearing us out!
Yeah, she was very lethargic, not normal for a Lab, and then she threw up. We took her to the Emergency Vet, but I hadn't pointed out the tick to them because I thought it was just a growth. Good thing I pointed it out to her regular vet.

The wishbone! I totally forgot about that, I always got it too :). Wasn't the long end the good luck ? Fortunately not many churches are / were as screwed up as the one we went to, seriously. And Wednesday night was just another night of the preacher yelling about hell and damnation and banging on the pulpit :scared:

The long side is the winner and gets their wish. My parents made us draw straws to make decisions or chores between the four of us. Long straw wins. And we also did rock paper scissors. If we had a fight we had to sit facing each other and you couldn't look away. You could sit there and stew about who was right or wrong and let the other person say I'm sorry before you did or you got over it and said it before they did.

I always remember playing the quite game in the car. And the states license plates along the way. When we'd go back to visit family in Oklahoma we'd look for the mountain that had boulders that spelled out Lazy S. The radio was always on and we'd sing along.

[video=youtube;PtTC3pGBjs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTC3pGBjs4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ah old time religion - scare them into Heaven or hell. They sure didn't paint a picture of a loving and forgiving God. I went to an Oral Roberts crusade in Oklahoma City with my mother one Wednesday night. I was five and my leg had growing pains and I prayed when they did and it stopped hurting. That was my start of having faith in God. It's been a relationship not a religion.

The long side is the winner and gets their wish. My parents made us draw straws to make decisions or chores between the four of us. Long straw wins. And we also did rock paper scissors. If we had a fight we had to sit facing each other and you couldn't look away. You could sit there and stew about who was right or wrong and let the other person say I'm sorry before you did or you got over it and said it before they did.

I always remember playing the quite game in the car. And the states license plates along the way. When we'd go back to visit family in Oklahoma we'd look for the mountain that had boulders that spelled out Lazy S. The radio was always on and we'd sing along.

[video=youtube;PtTC3pGBjs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTC3pGBjs4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ah old time religion - scare them into Heaven or hell. They sure didn't paint a picture of a loving and forgiving God. I went to an Oral Roberts crusade in Oklahoma City with my mother one Wednesday night. I was five and my leg had growing pains and I prayed when they did and it stopped hurting. That was my start of having faith in God. It's been a relationship not a religion.

Yep, hardcore Baptists. My grandfather was a school teacher and a Mennonite minister, then later converted to being a Baptist minister. For the girls, no slacks, no shorts, and our dresses could be no shorter than the knee level. And for everyone, no television. Well, we had television in our home, but when he was visiting it stayed turned off. :rolleyes: Later in life, he gave in a little and would watch the news, Walter Cronkite. :giggle: Oh, and of course no music except church hymns, and no dancing. What kind of life is that anyway ? :scared:

Good Day my WS Friends! Hope you are enjoying beautiful weather and a lovely start to your weekend.

Gorgeous weather here in the Mid Atlantic. Tomorrow my DH and I are meeting up with KCL and her DH as she is on this side of the country. It will be so lovely to see both of them.

My DH has been off all week and is down in MD enjoying Regatta Week, which is filled with fun filled social events every evening. My SIL has her whole family down there, so I have only gone down twice for dinner. It was nice to visit with her family as I don't know them very well. The Crab Feast was Wednesday night and I got to see some people I met last fall when my MIL died that I really like. I think my DH was relieved to have me there so he could actually prove he had a wife and a mother for his children lol.

For those of you in bad weather's way, please stay safe.

Zuri, thanks for filling us in on YorN, I've been worried about her. :seeya: I wish I could have a Crab Feast. Yummy! :skip:

Hello All

I'm so sorry, coffej. Do you have good air conditioning? Hope you're feeling much better soon. (((hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong