Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please continue.....

"It appears to be a random accident," he said. "Vance was not stalking." These are words from Lt. Terry Hastings, the public information officer for the Little Rock Police Department.

Have you ever heard of a random accident in a case like this?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6344961

"It appears to be a random accident," he said. "Vance was not stalking." These are words from Lt. Terry Hastings, the public information officer for the Little Rock Police Department.

Have you ever heard of a random accident in a case like this?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6344961
Maybe he means that in the sense that Vance wasn't stalking her, so because Vance didn't know who she was beforehand and just followed her home that night, it was random. Just my guess as to what he's saying. MOO

I am guessing he means indicent instead of accident. There was nothing accidential about what happened to Anne.

The randomness of it I can agree with. She just looked like a good target to him and he followed her home. Now Anne is dead, murdered in a horrific fashion, and her attacker is facing the death penalty.

How could someone,,,if only a DUI and traffic tickets, go from that to a cold blooded killer?

I thought I'd heard earlier that they were looking for 2 men..

How could someone,,,if only a DUI and traffic tickets, go from that to a cold blooded killer?

Drugs, maybe? I could see some high on meth or crack bludgeoning her to death. MOO

Ya know, I just can't believe that there's not more to it. He doesn't look like the suspect I had in mind
Even though the police said that the picture is not a mugshot, it really sure does looks like one to me. Where'd they get it? They said he has no violent past, but he was armed and dangerous, and I'm assuming his DNA was on record.
He's hip to the jive, (slashes shaved in eyebrows, pimp ride) and probably has tons of connections. I just want to know more about how and why on earth he wound up attacking Anne.
I sure am grateful for the arrest, though, and look forward to his arraignment and trial

Ya know, I just can't believe that there's not more to it. He doesn't look like the suspect I had in mind
Even though the police said that the picture is not a mugshot, it really sure does looks like one to me. Where'd they get it? They said he has no violent past, but he was armed and dangerous, and I'm assuming his DNA was on record.
He's hip to the jive, (slashes shaved in eyebrows, pimp ride) and probably has tons of connections. I just want to know more about how and why on earth he wound up attacking Anne.
I sure am grateful for the arrest, though, and look forward to his arraignment and trial

There's a nasty rumor that's been going around town that someone was hired to "rough her up." It seems like a crazy rumor, but not more crazy than some random robbery where they did what they did to her and only took a couple of things from her house. That makes no sense.

The only other guess I have is that if it were random when she fought back he lost it. She was 6 feet tall, about the same height as him and supposedly in good physical condition from the gym.

The other thing is that a LE official on the inside said it was not random...he said if you went in the house you would know it was not random. This was a private conversation, not public.

Also a huge rumor is that it was two men, not one. The www.arktimes.com blog today stated that LE went to her home at 2:30 a.m. today and were looking around her yard and neighbors yards...so evidentally he was talking and they were looking for evidence that might have been missed.

I believe there's a lot more information to come and that she was not just a random victim.

I would bet this is the first time on record of violence, I have a hard time with a few tickets and than this horrific crime.

beaglebrd said:

There's a nasty rumor that's been going around town that someone was hired to "rough her up." It seems like a crazy rumor, but not more crazy than some random robbery where they did what they did to her and only took a couple of things from her house. That makes no sense.

Thanks beaglebrd for saying that- thats exactly what was popping in my head as I wrote that post.
Another thought, though probably crazy, is maybe he works for the cops and they're staging something? In the theory that he (or someone) was hired. I know, I know just say, "Lady you're crazy!" But I thought that for a second too. LOL

beaglebrd said:

Thanks beaglebrd for saying that- thats exactly what was popping in my head as I wrote that post.
Another thought, though probably crazy, is maybe he works for the cops and they're staging something? In the theory that he (or someone) was hired. I know, I know just say, "Lady you're crazy!" But I thought that for a second too. LOL

They said he was found on a tip. I'm not sure if they meant a tip initially or last night after the news conference or both. I do believe they said after the 10 p.m. news conference they got a tip (they would have had to have gotten a tip to find him in a home in LR, I think)...and found him at a house. His car was a few blocks away. When he attacked AP, his car could have been parked two blocks away and not been near a home...meaning, she lived less than two blocks from stores that line the main street through the Heights.

I figure there is more to this. BUT having this guy behind bars is a reasonable start. With the limited information on hand, its really hard to say what really happened (or didnt).

He can be part of something bigger. Random crimes do happen, also. Small time criminals do make the jump to bigger crimes. Etc.

The whole thing is still horribly sad, and makes me physically ill to think about.

They said he was found on a tip. I'm not sure if they meant a tip initially or last night after the news conference or both. I do believe they said after the 10 p.m. news conference they got a tip (they would have had to have gotten a tip to find him in a home in LR, I think)...and found him at a house. His car was a few blocks away. When he attacked AP, his car could have been parked two blocks away and not been near a home...meaning, she lived less than two blocks from stores that line the main street through the Heights.

Another news report today said tips came in after the press conference and they went and picked him up easily and quickly.

A different article mentioned they were looking to see if this guy didnt work in LR perhaps for the city or something. He was in LR frequently.

He could have just seen Anne that night, or some other night and followed her home. Random stuff DOES happen. You never know. will have to wait and see.

His hearing is tomorrow. A friend of mine is a public defender here, but even if he gets the case he won't be able to discuss it. I hope if there's another perp he's talking....he had to be talking for LE to go back to the house this morning. I finally drove by for the first time yesterday before all the news broke and there was no police tape on the house anymore. I have no idea how long it's been gone since I had not gone by before today.

I think it was last weekend that her parents went in with LE and then did a TV interview inside the home, so it would have been gone for that.

You'd have to see the neighborhood. Hers is one of the small homes. No reason to break in there when there are mansions surrounding it. It's the old money neighborhood in town. People have gone in and bought homes, razed them, and built huge homes in their place. And, too, in the area there are some OLD huge homes.

Has it been discussed how he chose Ann to attack? I have read that it was "random" but he must have seen Ann at some point. Do we know the common denominator?

Well, of 4 houses together where we live, ours is the smallest by far and is modular. Others are multi floor and brick or wood one has lots of campers (NICE ones) 4 wheelers etc - obviously people with money, but OURS was the one broken into 4 years ago. So it's not always the fanciest ones that are broken into. But this doesn't sound like a robbery to me.

The only other guess I have is that if it were random when she fought back he lost it. She was 6 feet tall, about the same height as him and supposedly in good physical condition from the gym.

The other thing is that a LE official on the inside said it was not random...he said if you went in the house you would know it was not random. This was a private conversation, not public.

Also a huge rumor is that it was two men, not one. The www.arktimes.com blog today stated that LE went to her home at 2:30 a.m. today and were looking around her yard and neighbors yards...so evidentally he was talking and they were looking for evidence that might have been missed.

I believe there's a lot more information to come and that she was not just a random victim.
Oh wow, I hadn't heard that rumor. I also agree with you; I believe that if it was random, when she fought back he lost it or panicked and was trying to "shut her up" ..

I remember originally the rumor was TWO black men... so it's very possible there is another man they're looking for. It is very interesting that they were back at her house today... I think that says something.

beaglebrd, the caution tape has actually been down for 2-3 weeks now. We drove by her house a while back the day after they took the tape down. I was surprised they took it down so soon.

On the news tonight, they were saying that the woman he was with yesterday is his girlfriend and those were their kids... they interviewed the girlfriend's mother, but I couldn't understand her at all.

Also, they interviewed another black man in Marianna who was saying he knew Vance because he had done community service with him.. hmm.

I'm sure there is a lot more to this and we will know more details soon.

Has it been discussed how he chose Ann to attack? I have read that it was "random" but he must have seen Ann at some point. Do we know the common denominator?

I really don't know, Ruff. Most of these random acts are crimes of opportunity or spur of the moment. He may have been casing the neighborhood exactly at the time she came home and he spotted her going in alone. Saw no other car there and seized on that.

Even though it is such a tragic loss of life I am glad they have arrested the one that murdered Anne. I continue to hope that more of these cases will be solved.

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member