VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roanoke's social services releases more details about Aveion Lewis case.

On March 31, 2009, Aveion was returned to Mr. and Mrs. Lockett's full-time care while the Department retained legal custody. The in-home therapy continued throughout this trial placement.

Additionally, Aveion's foster care social worker continued to make regular visits to the home, both announced and unannounced, to observe how the child was adjusting, and to ascertain that Aveion continued to be healthy and have his medical and nutritional needs met. This trial return home placement was continued for six months, and on Sept. 19, 2009, upon recommendation by the Department, the court returned legal custody of Aveion to Mrs. Lockett.

much more at link.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/233984

so it looks like "the department" did recommend legal custody returned to Mrs. Lockett, at least according to the above article. I am understanding the department to mean the social worker who was handling this case, and not the CPS workers. At least that is how I am understanding the news report.

Either the social worker was ignoring problems which occured during the 6 month home placement trial period, or something drastically changed between September 19, 2009 and about January 13, 2010. He didn't even live 4 months after he was returned without supervision.

So very very sad.

He was removed d/t 'failure to thrive', being severely underweight. My suspicion is that his cause of death is not necessarily because of that, but from physical abuse.

Friday, the Department of Social Services tells Ten On Your Side while Aveion was in foster care, Brandon Lockett was ordered to take domestic violence alternatives classes and Morgan Lockett a parenting education class, all while having supervised visitation.

Here's the full release from CPS:

http://static.mgnetwork.com/sls/extras/ALewis1-22-10.pdf

I just read on one of the other links that the mother might be pregnant again? Has this been posted anywhere or is it rumor?

Here's what's driving me crazy...mom is still sitting in her apartment and hasn't been charged, but I think we all feel that she is involved to at least some degree. BL is, at least, sitting in jail where he belongs. I get it that if mom refuses to talk, and he isn't giving up any info, that there may not be much to charge her with, but mom has been making some incriminating statements on her own. Why not take mom's admission that Aveion was recently badly burned on his legs but they didn't seek treatment for him as a reason to at least charge her with neglect. At least they might get some leverage with her that way. I know that the Commonwealth Atty doesn't like to charge, but I'm pretty sure this one would stick. My only other thought is that both cases will be presented to the next Grand Jury, and it might not be till then that we see some real charges.

I just read on one of the other links that the mother might be pregnant again? Has this been posted anywhere or is it rumor?

I don't think it's been "medically confirmed" yet, but short of that, I don't think it's "just" a rumor. It's hard to say otherwise though; she's not exactly slim. I'll defer to the doctors on this one...

Here's what's driving me crazy...mom is still sitting in her apartment and hasn't been charged, but I think we all feel that she is involved to at least some degree. BL is, at least, sitting in jail where he belongs. I get it that if mom refuses to talk, and he isn't giving up any info, that there may not be much to charge her with, but mom has been making some incriminating statements on her own. Why not take mom's admission that Aveion was recently badly burned on his legs but they didn't seek treatment for him as a reason to at least charge her with neglect. At least they might get some leverage with her that way. I know that the Commonwealth Atty doesn't like to charge, but I'm pretty sure this one would stick. My only other thought is that both cases will be presented to the next Grand Jury, and it might not be till then that we see some real charges.

If mom is scared of BL as has been mentioned before, then now is the time for her to make her move while he is in jail, and spill her guts. Or else it could be the fact that she is so deeply in love with him that she is going to protect him no matter the cost. There are women out there who neglect their own children in order to be with a man. I have seen it before. If that's the case no matter what they do to her she's not going to turn on him.

Do we know mom is sitting in the apartment? I assume she is, where else would she be? Now, on that note, if mom is sitting in the apartment, this goes back to my post regarding someone trying to take advantage of a tragic situation. Why would mom not let her mom, if those children are really in in grandma's care, to get things her children need? (and I am thinking any someone would be a complete stranger to this family.... I just see idiots out there, especially with this economy, willing to take advantage of someones greif and someone not doing their due diligence checking the validity of anyone seeking donations..... JMO- sorry to go off topic.

I think they need to go grand jury possibly, and then maybe make a plea with mom IF they don't find his remains first. Remember, Casey was charged before a body was found. If they can prove death, which they have from BL's statement, they can build a case without his remains. And then BL can get his due diligence from his buddy's in prison.

Hi everyone, just catching up on this thread about little Aveion. Another tragic case of child abuse and neglect.
Seems like this situation is happening a lot these days - or it may be that we are being informed via the media more often.
Another poor child who slipped between the cracks in the social services section of governmental support.
I have a few questions that maybe you all can help with.
1. Where is the mother, and what, if anything, does she say happened?
2. Who exactly saw little Aveion walking and breathing last?
3. When was he last seen by a person outside of the family?
IMO BL does not want the child's body to be found because of what he inflicted physically on Aveion, and as we know, the longer the wait, the more decomposition occurs and less evidence is apparant. He probably did a number on the helpless baby.
What a sad, sad story.:(

Thus far nothing released on questions 1-3 yet. Still awaiting those answers.

Like I said on my other post, they charged Casey without a body, the can build their case and charge BL without a body too.

There should be a punishment aw for unco-operative people!
Including mothers that won't talk!
MORE time in prison or something!

I am just waiting, somewhat impatiently, for more info on this case. So far, we know very little.
Brief synopsis: Stepfather reports child missing, states a made-up story about intruders kidnapping the child.
Said child has been in the telescope of social services all his short life, but was re-placed back into abusive home.
Father taken into custody - I am not sure what prompted the arrest, and apparently has confessed to killing the child. He has not admitted the location of the body.
No word from the mother about anything.
If anyone can enlighten me about anything else, please help. Thanks all!:blushing:

It's sad...We don't even know when this child died - all that is known is before the 911 call was made. There has to be time allowed for the disposal of Aveion's body. A neighbor said that the day before BL was trying to show him some kind of "unknown" telephone # on his caller ID...so it's possible BL was trying to set up the story then and it's possible Aveion was already gone. This child could have been killed on the day before and not just hours before.

BL isn't talking. Maybe he feels not providing location of Aveion's body will help him with certain charges. Maybe he didn't dispose of the body but is covering for whoever did.

ML isn't talking...is she afraid she's going to implicate herself? Or is she just so in love with him she refuses to talk? Like snoelle (I think) said...now's her chance if she was afraid of him. He's locked up...can't get to her...and IMO she needs to figure out how to clear her name if she wasn't involved. IMO her silence is very telling...

Wonder when BL is going to "roll over" on ML and implicate her as the killer?

I am just waiting, somewhat impatiently, for more info on this case. So far, we know very little.
Brief synopsis: Stepfather reports child missing, states a made-up story about intruders kidnapping the child.
Said child has been in the telescope of social services all his short life, but was re-placed back into abusive home.
Father taken into custody - I am not sure what prompted the arrest, and apparently has confessed to killing the child. He has not admitted the location of the body.
No word from the mother about anything.
If anyone can enlighten me about anything else, please help. Thanks all!:blushing:

Something you said just reminded me of a case back in the 70s...when you said "made-up story about intruders" it reminded me of the Jeffrey McDonald case in NC. He was an army doctor if I'm not mistaken and he is in prison for killing his wife Kimberly and their two daughters. He had made up the story about intruders coming in and killing his family. They were supposedly hippies. He did not have life threatening injuries but was supposed to have injured himself to make it look like he was attacked. Mmmmmm.....wonder if BL had watched that movie before he made up the story about his intruders?????

My mistake...his wife's name was Colette. Kimberly was one of his daughters. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald

It's sad...We don't even know when this child died - all that is known is before the 911 call was made. There has to be time allowed for the disposal of Aveion's body. A neighbor said that the day before BL was trying to show him some kind of "unknown" telephone # on his caller ID...so it's possible BL was trying to set up the story then and it's possible Aveion was already gone. This child could have been killed on the day before and not just hours before.

BL isn't talking. Maybe he feels not providing location of Aveion's body will help him with certain charges. Maybe he didn't dispose of the body but is covering for whoever did.

ML isn't talking...is she afraid she's going to implicate herself? Or is she just so in love with him she refuses to talk? Like snoelle (I think) said...now's her chance if she was afraid of him. He's locked up...can't get to her...and IMO she needs to figure out how to clear her name if she wasn't involved. IMO her silence is very telling...

Wonder when BL is going to "roll over" on ML and implicate her as the killer?

That's what I was saying...now is her chance to come clean and be rid of him, but like I said, I have seen cases where the woman was so in love with the man that she would give up her kids for him.

That's what I was saying...now is her chance to come clean and be rid of him, but like I said, I have seen cases where the woman was so in love with the man that she would give up her kids for him.

Isn't that horrible...What in the world is wrong with these women?

I know of a person who just did what you mentioned above a few months ago. The husband had been molesting the child and the man was convicted of the crime...wife still chose husband over child and blamed the child for it happening. Sick, sick, sick...

I'm thoroughly disgusted with these women who do not value themselves or their children, but do value their sick, twisted, abusive cowardly "love interest"...who they more than likely support because the loser can't get up off his *advertiser censored** to provide for the family.

I truly believe if I hear this woman say she had no clue about this idiot I will spit fire... And if she's that stupid that she didn't know...then she has no business having any children in her care.

The woman I knew dropped off her child at her mother's house after finding her new man, went off with the new boyfriend and started a so called life full of drugs, partying, etc. She came to visit the child every now and then but eventually wouldn't show up at all for weeks. The mother finally went to court and got custody of the child. The child's mother had at least 5 abortions after this abandoning this child. The child has finally grown up and has disowned the real mother. Now all these years later the mother wants a relationship with the child. And she wonders why the child disowned her.

Looks like this is new...re: Bio dad and paternal grandmother

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/234025

Toddler's dad speaks about losing his son

...says things changed after the boy's mother met Brandon Lockett.

The two would have confrontations during court hearings...

He recalled several times that he tried to see them, such as on Aveion's first birthday, when he said Morgan Lockett wouldn't answer the door.

"grandmother" also said she had to go to court to get visitation rights and, even then, found herself knocking on a door that wouldn't open.

"How many times can you get your heart broke?" Mason said.

Looks like this is new...re: Bio dad and paternal grandmother

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/234025

Toddler's dad speaks about losing his son

...says things changed after the boy's mother met Brandon Lockett.

The two would have confrontations during court hearings...

He recalled several times that he tried to see them, such as on Aveion's first birthday, when he said Morgan Lockett wouldn't answer the door.

"grandmother" also said she had to go to court to get visitation rights and, even then, found herself knocking on a door that wouldn't open.

"How many times can you get your heart broke?" Mason said.

Lewis, however, said he never trusted Brandon Lockett.

"The way Brandon was, it just seemed like he wanted to get to me," Lewis said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member