How do I get a new case added?

DzrtAsp

Reaction score
I want to post some new cases that I've been looking at, but have no idea how this is accomplished. I've searched everywhere on the site in vain.

How does one do this?

Thanks.

It depends on which area the cases pertain. There's a missing area, cold case, crime cases, etc.

Give me an example and I'll help. :hug:

Excellent! I double-checked and didn't see either of those cases listed in our database. You can go ahead and start a thread for each of them here ---->Missing Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If the heading format isn't exactly in order, a mod will change it a bit, but you are free to insert any information you feel important into the first post.

Thank you for your concern for the missing and for joining Websleuths! :blowkiss:

I was most worried about getting the title format wrong - glad to hear the mods will fix it if I do.

Thanks again.

I am a newbie and so can't start new threads - what's the best way for me to get one started until my privileges change?

I've got the same trouble--I really want people's input on a case, but I can't start a topic about it.

The case is Christina Sankey, a recent death of a disabled woman. At first it looks like she wandered away and died of the cold, but the facts just don't seem to match up.

I covered her case on my memorial site, here:

Autism Memorial: Christina Sankey

Her case is a lot more worrisome than that of Avonte Oquendo, which was all over the news. Trouble is, she was poor and she wasn't a cute little kid. I just wish somebody would look into it, to see why she died, whether somebody hurt her, how she got five miles away from where she was last seen, why she was half-dressed, etc, and why nobody saw her in the middle of a city.

ETA--never mind! I discovered the thread that had already been started about her, cleverly hidden from my first search because, apparently, I'm not too good at searching forums. Oops...

I would like to know the answer to my question, though; who would newbies have to ask to get a new case up on the forums? Do we just PM somebody with more seniority and ask them to start the topic, or something?

I'd like to know too. Am a long time lurker, but can't find anything about the case in Nigeria where approximately 200 girls have been kidnapped from their boarding school. They've been missing for over a week now, and the news (in the UK) seems very sketchy to say the least. I've done a search on 'Nigeria' and this doesn't seem to be listed on here yet but I can't add a new post myself.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27101714

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/22/nigeria-parents-kidnapped-schoolgirls-mercy-chibok

There is a thread on Christina Sankey. I was just reading it today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back