AL AL - Lori Slesinski, 24, car found ablaze, Auburn, 10 June 2006 *arrest in 2018* *Guilty*

I've wondered about this case. My prayers for her mother and family and in that LE will be able to solve it soon.
The burning of her vehicle/potential evidence shows an "organized criminal" type has committed the crime. (i don't mean as in organized crime; just that the culprit was organized in the head enough to think and know that burning a vehicle would rid of evidence).

Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/

Virginia, on page 2 of this thread you mention a couple other cases in the area that are unsolved; if you posted them up on here, i'm sure many here would love to try and help solve them. There was a 77year old shopkeeper among others, from what i recall.. we especially would like to help if the local LE haven't solved them.
You have taken a great interest in this case, and have come up with some good theories. I just wondered if you could elaborate on your last theory?

Also does anyone know if Lori's parents lived in Alabama also? I thought i recalled somewhere reading they lived up northeast; yet i could be wrong.
Everyone reacts differently to traumatic events. It is all how the individual deals with their pain.

Virginia, on page 2 of this thread you mention a couple other cases in the area that are unsolved; if you posted them up on here, i'm sure many here would love to try and help solve them. There was a 77year old shopkeeper among others, from what i recall.. we especially would like to help if the local LE haven't solved them.
You have taken a great interest in this case, and have come up with some good theories. I just wondered if you could elaborate on your last theory?

Also does anyone know if Lori's parents lived in Alabama also? I thought i recalled somewhere reading they lived up northeast; yet i could be wrong.
Everyone reacts differently to traumatic events. It is all how the individual deals with their pain.

Lori's parents, from what I know, live in Alabama. I have seen things posted on the net, supposedly that I posted, but half of it is not things I would post. I came up with a good theory on this POI and I was right all along. However, on another board, someone posted something really lame and put my name on it. Don't know how they could do that, but they did. I believe it was done to discredit me and make me look like a fool on the board to everyone else, so nobody would care to read what I had to say. Makes sense to me. Frustrating for me, to say the least, because I do care about the victim(s) I post on here about.

Anyway, the shopkeeper, I believe he was murdered by someone who knew him, and probably someone he did not like. He is probably the friend of a friend. There was mention by the shopkeeper's wife of a guy named Tony, she never really cared for this guy, and the wife thinks he knows something. His name (shopkeeper) is Dick Salmon. He was 72. Very sad. I guess they have no new leads in the case. There has not been much mention of it at all. I wish I knew his wife, she could possibly shed some light on this matter. The Tony matter, that is. ????

I have valuable information on the whereabouts of Rick Ennis which I am keeping quiet about, for now. However, he is believed to be in the nearby area. Anyway, just that update --- thought it was important to share.

I have valuable information on the whereabouts of Rick Ennis which I am keeping quiet about, for now. However, he is believed to be in the nearby area. Anyway, just that update --- thought it was important to share.

Nearby area? Meaning around Auburn? Do I need to take my children to another town for awhile? If there is a potential violent criminal lurking around, then the public needs to be aware.

Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/

I TOLD YOU SO about what? Nothing new has come out about Lori's case for a long time. Of course whoever took her vehicle burned it so that any evidence in it would be burned. That is why so many killers burn the victim's vehicle and often the victim.

We have no way of knowing why Lori was murdered or how many people were involved. Seems to me if the killer had murdered her for her vehicle they would have switched the license plate and taken the vehicle for a period of time. I think they had to get rid of the vehicle after the murder because of evidence and that is why it was set on fire. Whose to say if the person/people who committed the murder ever had a car or were jealous of Lori having a nice vehicle. We have no clue about the killer/killers at all.

You are a little early on saying I TOLD YOU SO don't you think unless you know something...facts...that we aren't aware of.

I TOLD YOU SO about what? Nothing new has come out about Lori's case for a long time. Of course whoever took her vehicle burned it so that any evidence in it would be burned. That is why so many killers burn the victim's vehicle and often the victim.

We have no way of knowing why Lori was murdered or how many people were involved. Seems to me if the killer had murdered her for her vehicle they would have switched the license plate and taken the vehicle for a period of time. I think they had to get rid of the vehicle after the murder because of evidence and that is why it was set on fire. Whose to say if the person/people who committed the murder ever had a car or were jealous of Lori having a nice vehicle. We have no clue about the killer/killers at all.

You are a little early on saying I TOLD YOU SO don't you think unless you know something...facts...that we aren't aware of.

Please check out the link below. There is some very interesting information about this case.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Tomorrow is the 2 year mark since she went missing (being from Auburn) I saw our local newspaper had a story on her..

So you all can read and remember Lori...

http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/local/article/the_slesinski_case_two_years_later/19986/

Katie Stallcup
Staff writer
Published: June 9, 2008

It’s been two years since Arlene Slesinski last heard from her daughter, Lori. Two years of worry, of not knowing.

The Auburn resident, who would be 26 this year, was last heard from June 10, 2006. Her mother reported her missing June 13, and her blue 2005 Mazda Tribute was found burning in the early morning hours of June 14.

Two years later, still no sign of Lori. No sign of the girl who loved music and going to the beach, who had so many CDs, it was “unbelievable.”

“It’s still very hard,” Arlene Slesinski said. “I can’t stop thinking about her … Lori was just a very loving, kind person. She had a zest for life. She had hopes and dreams for really pursuing a lot of different things. Unfortunately, it looks like she’ll never get to do that.

“I never give up hope (of finding her). I stay in contact with the police, I keep trying to hope somebody will come forward with something.”

Auburn police are hoping the same thing. They’ve re-interviewed people and searched local areas, but they’ve run out of luck.

“We are continuing to search for new leads and information, trying to identify that one person who may have that particular piece of information that will help us resolve it,” Auburn police Capt. Tommy Carswell said.

They’re looking for someone who may know something about Slesinski’s disappearance, especially the time period between the last time she was heard from and the morning her car was found aflame.

“We just feel there are people that know more than what we’ve been told,” Auburn police Capt. Paul Register said. “There’s a family that’s wondering what’s happened to their daughter. And we would hope that at some point, the feelings for the family of this girl, and friends, would override the fear or whatever reason somebody would not come forward and tell us what they know about it.”

Disappearances like Slesinski’s are rare in Auburn, police said. More often, an individual is contacted hours after a missing person report is filed. But that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t file reports quickly, Carswell said. The sooner a report is filed, the better the chance of finding the missing person.

Even though it’s been two years, Slesinski’s case has not been forgotten, Carswell said.

“June the 10th isn’t just a day for those parents,” he said. “It’s a day for the police department, too. We haven’t forgotten it. It’s not in the file room, it’s not in the records. It’s on the detective’s desk.”

Auburn police won’t rest until they bring the family closure, Auburn police Capt. Tom Stofer said.

“Until that day comes, our detectives will continue to revisit that case, look at the case, work on that case and do everything we possibly can because the family deserves nothing less.”

And until that day comes, Arlene Slesinski will keep hoping.

“You just take one day at a time,” she said. “Anybody out there that’s a parent would understand. You can’t give up hope. You just can’t. It’s your child, and there’s nothing more in the world that you want than to know where your child is.”

My heart sure goes out to Lori's mom. I can't imagine being in her shoes. I think my imagination would just run wild. I don't understand why her new car was set on fire. Why burn it. If a person was worried about fingerprints why not wipe down the places that you touched instead of burning the car. Now if Lori was murdered in her car I can understand buring the car. The person wouldn't want anything showing up in the car. What did he do with Lori? I wish someone would run across her for the sake of her family. Like all of the other missing females...she didn't just disappear into thin air. You would think there must be someone who saw her with her killer at some point that evening.

My heart sure goes out to Lori's mom. I can't imagine being in her shoes. I think my imagination would just run wild. I don't understand why her new car was set on fire. Why burn it. If a person was worried about fingerprints why not wipe down the places that you touched instead of burning the car. Now if Lori was murdered in her car I can understand buring the car. The person wouldn't want anything showing up in the car. What did he do with Lori? I wish someone would run across her for the sake of her family. Like all of the other missing females...she didn't just disappear into thin air. You would think there must be someone who saw her with her killer at some point that evening.
I believe the killer was also the last person she was known to be with. This is just my opinion based on a lot of research.

I believe the killer was also the last person she was known to be with. This is just my opinion based on a lot of research.

It seems that a lot of people believe the same thing. Did they ever ask him to do a poly? LE must not be able to find any type of evidence to connect him with the crime. Do you think they will ever be able to arrest him?

It seems that a lot of people believe the same thing. Did they ever ask him to do a poly? LE must not be able to find any type of evidence to connect him with the crime. Do you think they will ever be able to arrest him?

If I recall correctly, he states they did not give him a poly. He has a juvenile record that can't be made public and in my opinion, he may be playing that card to stay out of the spotlight on this case. My prayer is that they will be able to arrest him, if he is responsible.

If I recall correctly, he states they did not give him a poly. He has a juvenile record that can't be made public and in my opinion, he may be playing that card to stay out of the spotlight on this case. My prayer is that they will be able to arrest him, if he is responsible.

I sure hope they have some evidence and eventially find the monster who murdered Lori. This person who a lot of people suspect did hang out on another site. He was confronted several times and of course denied harming Lori. I don't know if he still goes to that site or not but he sure does talk a lot! I'm wondering if he hangs out on that site just to keep track of what is going on in Lori's case. Killers often place themselves right in the middle because they want to know what is happening with the case. I can't remember what site that is. I had to change ISP's and lost all of my 'favorites" so I don't have the name of the site....darn.

I sure hope they have some evidence and eventially find the monster who murdered Lori. This person who a lot of people suspect did hang out on another site. He was confronted several times and of course denied harming Lori. I don't know if he still goes to that site or not but he sure does talk a lot! I'm wondering if he hangs out on that site just to keep track of what is going on in Lori's case. Killers often place themselves right in the middle because they want to know what is happening with the case. I can't remember what site that is. I had to change ISP's and lost all of my 'favorites" so I don't have the name of the site....darn.
He was on helpfindthemissing but hasn't been there in a long time, or at least not logged on

He was on helpfindthemissing but hasn't been there in a long time, or at least not logged on

That's right. He probably didn't like people accusing him of harming Lori. Thanks for telling my the site. I've wanted to go back there but couldn't remember the name.

:bump: for Lori, missing 7 years this week. :(

Snipped:

Slesinksi was last seen in Auburn, Alabama on June 10, 2006. Her mother reported her missing five days later, after she visited Slesinski's home in the Ridgewood Village Trailer Park and realized her daughter had been gone for some time and the dog had not been fed.

9ATyqr5.jpg

Lori Ann Slesinski

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni