OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see similarities too however havent they checked Dials DNA against Sharon. Arent most felonies required to give DNA to be kept on file? I know all Felons here in Indiana must submit DNA

i see similarities too however havent they checked Dials DNA against Sharon. Arent most felonies required to give DNA to be kept on file? I know all Felons here in Indiana must submit DNA

I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere that the DNA of the two have been compared. I'm not sure about felons being required to give DNA... seems to me if they were all required we'd have more solved cold cases, but perhaps that's just me being cynical.

Dial Father name is :David Franklyn Dial
Dial Mother is: Berta Fowler
have not found any marriage for Dial....only a time line for crime.....
Drug use.....

Attachments

• 3863091159.jpg
    3863091159.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 162
Randolph F. Dial, an artist and confessed hit man who fled a life sentence for murder to spend nearly 11 years on the run with a deputy warden’s wife, died Wednesday in the infirmary of the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester. He was 62.

David McDaniel/The Oklahoman, via Associated Press
Randolph F. Dial, in February.
A prison spokeswoman announced the death. Since his recapture in April 2005, Mr. Dial had been suffering from heart disease and tumors. Medical reports cited in court records said he had “at least two masses in his chest that are possibly cancer.”

Mr. Dial, a paunchy figure with a penumbra of white hair and beard, remained adamantly coy about his relationship with his traveling companion, who was 18 years his junior. But in a letter to The New York Times in January, he wrote, “I’ll gladly trade 11 years of ‘then’ for 7 years of ‘now.’ ”

A spinner of tales whom a presentencing report called “delusional to a point,” Mr. Dial joined the most-wanted lists with his disappearance on Aug. 30, 1994, from the Oklahoma State Reformatory in Granite, where he had been allowed to work on pottery projects in the home garage of the deputy warden, Randy Parker.

Mr. Parker’s wife, Bobbi, then 31 and a mother of two, vanished in her car at the same time but called home that night to say she was safe. She and Mr. Dial surfaced enigmatically in 2001 in a telephone call to the author of a true-crime book on Mr. Dial, Charles W. Sasser. Then the trail went cold until April 5, 2005, when F.B.I agents alerted by a tipster’s call found them living in a trailer at a chicken ranch in Campti, in East Texas.

Both later said that Ms. Parker had been held against her will, but Mr. Dial was never charged with kidnapping, and the Greer County district attorney, John Wampler, has never ruled out the possibility that Ms. Parker could be charged with aiding the escape. The Parkers have since reunited but have not publicly discussed their marriage.

At his sentencing on Feb. 1 for the escape, Mr. Dial turned away all questions about Ms. Parker, saying that his answers could be self-incriminating. When told by Judge Richard Darby that he had already waived his rights under the Fifth Amendment, Mr. Dial continued to resist, saying, “I don’t remember.”

But his memory, he said, was crystal clear about schemes that he said showed the perfidy of the prison system: a supervisor’s effort to have him kill a troublesome inmate and a death threat from white supremacists after he was given a black cellmate who, Mr. Dial said, was gay and had AIDS.

In another letter to The Times, Mr. Dial said that while he and Ms. Parker were together, she was briefly kidnapped by “a pair of Louisiana swamp rats” whom he had to kill to rescue her.

“Doc lives in his own world and creates his own scenarios,” said Mr. Sasser, a former homicide detective in Tulsa, who wrote the book “At Large” about Mr. Dial while Mr. Dial and Ms. Parker were still missing.

But Mr. Sasser added, “I don’t think he thinks he’s lying; he believes it.”

The presentencing report said that Mr. Dial was born in Tulsa on Sept. 26, 1944, that his parents divorced when he was 3 and that he had a brother who committed suicide in 1988. He was said to have studied painting at the University of Mexico in Mexico City, worked as an art teacher in North Tulsa and earned a living selling his art.

The report said that he had at least six children (he says nine) from at least five marriages and that one wife, Mary Katherine Fields, was mysteriously killed in 1986, while he was in prison for murder.

One survivor who could be reached, a daughter, said that she did not want to be named for fear for her safety, and that her father would be cremated without a funeral.

Mr. Dial’s record included charges of check-swindling and threats, and the murder conviction, stemming from the 1981 shooting of a karate instructor, Kelly D. Hogan, outside Mr. Hogan’s home in Broken Arrow, Okla. The killing went unsolved for years until Mr. Dial turned himself in, saying, according to the presentencing report, that “he was hired by the Kansas City mob as a hit man to kill Hogan,” realizing later, he said, that he had become a target of the same mobsters.

But in court in February, Mr. Dial told a different story. “In 1981 I killed a man I thought was dealing drugs to one of my kids,” he said. “When I found I was mistaken, I turned myself in.”

“I took everything a man has and everything he was going to have,” he said, voicing contrition and asking to be judged “warts and all.”

“In my life I have done some good things as well as bad,” he said.

While I have not established the family tree for RE:DAVID DIAL....this came up in a search the Tulsa Oklahoma/and the haveing been a painter stood out...to include that FDF stated he painted the Church cieling in Utah ?? While these two dials look very muchn alike as far as eye shape and their choose life-styles had to post this....could be an extended family member......still searching....can read a few pages of this book ...sounds like FDF story.....

At Large: The Life and Crimes of Randolph Franklin Dial - Google Books Result.....Takes place in Broken-arrow...Oklahoma.....could this be why FDF keeps returning to Oklahoma ??????

Attachments

• 16dial_190.jpg
    16dial_190.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 156
Dial Father name is :David Franklyn Dial
Dial Mother is: Berta Fowler
have not found any marriage for Dial....only a time line for crime.....
Drug use.....

Are you sure? I have Berta as his grandmother, I thought his mother was Dalphia who is unwell and in a nursing home now, she's 92 I believe. He's still listed as living with her and a Ben Dial.

I found an obrit: for Velma dial....that is where that info came from....I guess this would be one of David dials sisters:?

have found controdictive information and decided to search tis one becouse as franklyn is the middle name....I suspect that Dial and FDF are related.....Have several searches going...so maybe able to post the results soon....this Oklahoma Dial would be a good reason as to Why FDF was friends with the local Sheriff and PD....

Velma Dial, 94, formerly of New Richmond died July 8.

Survived by sons Russell, Jr., Jim (Pat) and Larry (Patsy); grandchildren Barbara Kemp, Kathleen Motyka, Tara Richardson, Seth Abbott and C. Russell Abbott III; 10 great-grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

Preceded in death by husband of 62 years, Carroll Russell Abbot; father, David Franklin and mother, Berta Dial.

Visitation is 5-7 p.m., July 13, at E.C. Nurre Funeral Home, 200 Western Ave., New Richmond. Services are 10 a.m., July 14, at the funeral home.
Services will be held at 10AM on Monday July 14th at our New Richmond location.
Obituary: Abbott

Velma Dial, 94,passed Away July 8, 2008 in Lexington, Ky. She was born in New Richmond, OH. She was the daughter of the late David Franklin and Bertha Dial. Mrs. Abbott was a 60-year resident of Cincinnati and was retired from the Kroger Company. She was preceded in death by her husband of 62 years, Carroll Russell Abbott. Survivors include three sons Russell Jr., Jim (Pat), and Larry (Patsy), grandchildren Barbara Kemp, Kathleen Motyka, Tara Richardson, Seth Abbott, and C. Russell Abbott III, 10 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren. Visitation Sunday July 13th from 5-7PM at E.C. Nurre Funeral Home 200 Western Ave. in New Richmond. Services will be held Monday July 14th at 10AM also at the funeral home.

I know for sure there are multiple David Dials, I don't think they're all related. "Our David" is July 8, 1942 I believe (I remember being mortified because my hubby's name is David and his B-day id 7/8- different year though).

I know for sure there are multiple David Dials, I don't think they're all related. "Our David" is July 8, 1942 I believe (I remember being mortified because my hubby's name is David and his B-day id 7/8- different year though).
I guess in my rush I just saw the kentucky .....where FDF was arrested....spun out Sorry will be more careful before I post...Sorrry everyone.....

It has already been ruled out that the dial fellow that took off with the wardens wife is not connected to the dial of this case. That was established when i first came to WS I believe.

Anyone know where Dial is now? Back when I was really 'workin' this case, he was right here, in my county in jail...I was ready to question him, hubbers (now x ;) ), had a problem with it...now, he has no say.

:blowkiss:

David Dial is one of a cast of characters surrounding Floyd. Dial has spent most of his life in and out of prison, acting as the 'enforcer" or "protector" due to his size and demeanor.
Dial has stated that he has been friends with Floyd since around 1960.
Henry Harbinson, father of Shari Lyn Johnson and most likely the murderer of Freda Denman, was in Atlanta in '59-'60. Floyd admits he knew Harbison, but never stated from when or where (though they were in the federal pen at the same time, its possible the two had crossed paths earlier).
And of course there's Raymond McMahon, who in '59 in the town of Hapeville (where the Baptist Home was at the time) attempted to kidnap a girl right off the street. McMahon was in Florida in early '73 when Floyd disappeared; in July, McMahon ran over two young girls, killing one immediately...He picked the other one up off the street and drove a few miles with her, until she too died.
I have yet to tie Ray to the rest, but there are just too many things in common.

It was mentioned in Matt's book that visitors to the Floyd "household" saw a video collection that Floyd had amassed. I'm almost certain Dial has, or at least had, the collection (if it truly existed). I can't see Floyd letting them go up in flames when the place in Florida got torched. Dial may have more answers than we can imagine.

Anyone know where Dial is now? Back when I was really 'workin' this case, he was right here, in my county in jail...I was ready to question him, hubbers (now x ;) ), had a problem with it...now, he has no say.

:blowkiss:

He's in jail in GA, use can use the GA inmate locator to find out exactly where he is. I believe he's been contacted, if not by folks on this board then folks on another. I'm not sure he'll spill but I'd sure like for someone to go and rip some hair out or scratch him and get DNA :crazy: OK, I'm NOT really condoning accosting Dial for his DNA, it's just more like a fantasy LOL

I am not sure if Ga. does DNA profiles on felons, as some states I have read do. This would be a plus if they would.

Looks as if he has about 10 more years to serve, I wonder if he has a chance of getting out sooner.

I am not sure if Ga. does DNA profiles on felons, as some states I have read do. This would be a plus if they would.

Looks as if he has about 10 more years to serve, I wonder if he has a chance of getting out sooner.

I'm pretty sure most criminals have a chance of getting out sooner. Sorry just me being cynical again :furious:

Has anyone been ble to find the Brown Derby that is in Matt B. book
I searched and was unable to find ....was it in Mesa Arizona ?
its just before Sharon Marshall starts danceing.....I want to know
just what kind of place the Brown Derby is....? Anyone Know for Sure ?
this is when she is in a relationship with Gary Strickle ?

Has anyone been ble to find the Brown Derby that is in Matt B. book
I searched and was unable to find ....was it in Mesa Arizona ?
its just before Sharon Marshall starts danceing.....I want to know
just what kind of place the Brown Derby is....? Anyone Know for Sure ?
this is when she is in a relationship with Gary Strickle ?

I found one in Scottsdale AZ and here is something I found where people were talking about the place this is what they posted.....

um, yeah, brown derby rocked. it was quite my hangout back in the late 80s/early 90s after long nights of drinking and dancing (sounds so dumb now to say I used to go out dancing...
icon_redface.gif
). the whole place was just awesome. had such a fabu vibe. the place was so underappreciated.

I found one in Scottsdale AZ and here is something I found where people were talking about the place this is what they posted.....

um, yeah, brown derby rocked. it was quite my hangout back in the late 80s/early 90s after long nights of drinking and dancing (sounds so dumb now to say I used to go out dancing...
icon_redface.gif
). the whole place was just awesome. had such a fabu vibe. the place was so underappreciated.

Driving directions to Mesa, AZ
12.2 mi – about 21 mins
Courtyard by Marriott: Scottsdale Downtown
3311 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

1.Head south on N Scottsdale Rd toward E Angus Dr0.4 mi
2.Turn left at E Thomas Rd2.0 mi
3.Turn right to merge onto AZ-101-LOOP S2.5 mi
4.Take exit 51 to merge onto AZ-202-LOOP E3.8 mi
5.Take exit 13 for Country Club Dr/AZ-87 toward Payson0.4 mi
6.Turn right at AZ-87/N Country Club Dr2.2 mi
7.Turn left at W University Dr0.5 mi
8.Turn right at N Center St0.4 mi

Mesa, AZ

The Brown Derby in Scottsdale a few minutes also
not that the Knowing makes a differance..

sharon Marshall
108 s.18th st. #20
tampa florida 33605

just running down address to see iif it will give up any information....this Tampa address is from the Letter written to Jennifer...

It's possible the actual sexual assaults by Floyd ended early on, and she settled into her life, making the most of it...As a girl of her intelligence would. That of course doesn't mean that the years of abuse, moving from town to town, and observing Floyd being Floyd didn't completely warp her world-view.
Her life simply was what it was, and she lived it, with no one looking too closely and thus becoming any the wiser.
actually, on the doenetwork, it says images of her from very young to around the age 14 were found in his truck depicting her naked and in sexual positions, so sadly no, his assaults did not end when she was still very young.

Somebody should go talk to FDF before he passes
I offered Matt B. a round trip ticket and I would go to ...However Matt,said that Dloyd was too Dangerous and that it would not be a good idea....Matt,said if the Idenity of Sharon Marshall was found He Matt would be the first to go.....
Here is hopeing he FDF< has a long illness and not a sudden Death....Where He FDF can ponder the end results....I personaly think He FDF has lied so much and manuplated the truth he is unable to say the truth...give His age and memory related problems...
I cant see why letters can not be written to the Prison requesting and interview and then point some one from WS to go with prepaire questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer