Woman embezzled to fund Mary Kay makeup habit

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Prosecutors say a Panhandle woman allegedly embezzled nearly $860,000 from homeowner associations she oversaw in part to fund an expensive Mary Kay Cosmetics habit.

Tina Mitchell allegedly spent a large amount of money on Mary Kay products. Prosecutors say she also bought and sold enough of the makeup to earn one of the company's signature pink Cadillacs.

more here

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1487507.html

I thought I was a makeup junkie! :crazy:

You just never know, I thought the Mary Kay ladies were so safe (just kidding). I happen to like Mary Kay, plus my cousin sells it, but $860,000 ? I guess she's not getting the pink Cadillac now, huh ?

She needs to go to "Makeup rehab".

Darn right she got that Big Daddy in pink.

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Prosecutors say a Panhandle woman allegedly embezzled nearly $860,000 from homeowner associations she oversaw in part to fund an expensive Mary Kay Cosmetics habit.

Tina Mitchell allegedly spent a large amount of money on Mary Kay products. Prosecutors say she also bought and sold enough of the makeup to earn one of the company's signature pink Cadillacs.

more here

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1487507.html

I thought I was a makeup junkie! :crazy:

Seriously. I am printing this article and putting it up by my desk for my hubby. I admit to being very addicted to makeup and skincare, but, .... words just fail me on this.

I am so disappointed that article doesn't have her mug shot. :(

I wanted to see what $50,000 worth of Tahitian Honeymoon lip gloss looked like when applied with a paint gun.

I am so disappointed that article doesn't have her mug shot. :(

I wanted to see what $50,000 worth of Tahitian Honeymoon lip gloss looked like when applied with a paint gun.

I was thinking the same thing. That is a whole lotta MK. But, one of the comments or an article said she did a lot of online shopping and paypal, and lived in a modest home with little to show for it. I wonder if a lot of the money is stashed somewhere offshore waiting for her to get out. Apparently she is out on bond pending sentencing in March.

i'm not very familiar with Mary Kay, but I had a friend who sold cosmetics for a different company but similar sales tactics. She got way in it over her head trying to reach certain sales goals. She ended up with a whole basement full of products and almost declaring bankruptcy. This story sounds the same. She ended up buying the products herself in order to meet sales goals to obtain higher levels in the company. It became a huge obsession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back