FL - Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was eating face off victim

The only other place I can find him ever living in was Hollywood, Florida.

The surveillance video runs for nearly 5 minutes presumably after the one on the left was shot dead. No medics appear to help the victim, seems like the police and the medics are trying to avoid the mess? The video is pretty dull until the last part where the victim is obviously moving, bloody and appearing to try to sit/stand up yet still not getting any help?

Why is no one going to help him? Where are the paramedics? That really upsets me that he is by himself after going through something like that.

I don't even know what you do to help a naked guy whose nose and eyeballs were just eaten by another guy who was shot several times by police. What a nightmare.

I would guess you try to get them to the hospital where they can be sedated. I would think the paramedics would want a cop riding with them in that ambulance though, if the victim was also on drugs they would probably be worried about him freaking out.

The lady that had her face torn off in the chimp attack did get a face transplant, it of course didn't replace her eyes (or her hands) but it allows the victims to look human again. They also did a double hand transplant but the parts were rejected and had to be moved. Ugh.

Before and after pix of chimp attack victim:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3747257/New-face-for-chimp-attack-victim-Carla-Nash.html

Almost a year to the day this poor guy gets his face chewed off is when the Gov. of Florida signed a bill banning sales of bath salts.

Unless they FOUND bath salts at the scene how do they know that was the cause? Takes a while to run toxicology tests, the Canadian bus killer wasn't on drugs he was just plain crazy. Though on that note the chimp attack was precipated by drugs, the owner gave the chimp valium or something similar to calm him down, that lowers inhibitions and then things got crazy.

The other homeless say the attacker hung out there and was often confused. I think this guy may have been schizophrenic, maybe if he did take drugs that pushed him over the edge.

Why?

Because reality is too much for Americans? Americans can go to war, but the pics of the causalities are out of bounds. Americans can come home from war in caskets, but the pics of those caskets are out of bounds. Americans can kill each other every day in the most brutal ways? But the pics of the victims are out of bounds.

Why are the photos a problem? Oh. We live in a safe and sanitized society where pictures of those events are not shown. The events happen and most of us know it but they are NEVER shown. I forgot. We live in a safe society and those pictures are a crime and just downright offensive.

The guy that got his face eaten off doesn't give a darn about the photos or video, he wants his face and senses back, he wants the pain to stop. The real victims honestly don't care about the obscure unidentifiable photos that get released...they also don't care about offending the sensibilities of others. They have bigger problems to deal with.

Even if they are both homeless, there are still family members out there somewhere. If it were a relative of mine that did it, I would not want to see those pictures posted for everyone to see, and if it were a relative of mine that had been the one attacked, I REALLY dont want those pictures posted somewhere. I think its more respectful to the families NOT to have those pictures floating around. Just like that poor family whos daughter was decapitated in her car wreck. Someone leaked those photos, and they were sent to her family, and done so maliciously.

Why is no one going to help him? Where are the paramedics? That really upsets me that he is by himself after going through something like that.

That really bothered me too that he seemingly is all alone with no one going anywhere near him to offer aid, comfort, support, ANYTHING. :( I cannot even begin to imagine what he must have gone through, and will have to go through if he survives this horrific attack.

I was catching up on the posts here just now while eating a corned beef on rye sandwich.

I do not recommend this.

Even if they are both homeless, there are still family members out there somewhere. If it were a relative of mine that did it, I would not want to see those pictures posted for everyone to see, and if it were a relative of mine that had been the one attacked, I REALLY dont want those pictures posted somewhere. I think its more respectful to the families NOT to have those pictures floating around. Just like that poor family whos daughter was decapitated in her car wreck. Someone leaked those photos, and they were sent to her family, and done so maliciously.

Well I am sure criminals and their families would be happiest if no names, mugshots, etc...were ever released for any violent or sex related crimes!

As far as the victim in this case is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up filing a lawsuit regarding the amount of time it took the authorities to render aid. If that is the case he can thank the release of the video for that, and he could probably use the money to get his face repaired.

The decapitation photos were taken by one of the EMTs or authorities at the accident scene and then leaked weren't they? That is far different than a bystander, or a news camera catching the event. Some countries already protect the guilty by NOT releasing their photos after they are convicted of horrid crimes, perhaps one day they will stop releasing their names too; I don't want to see this country go in that direction.

I was catching up on the posts here just now while eating a corned beef on rye sandwich.

I do not recommend this.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I want deli.:what:

Even if they are both homeless, there are still family members out there somewhere.

You are so right. Just because one is homeless does not mean they do not have a family. Even if they have no surviving family there's somebody out there that has loved them and cared for them. It's so often we forget that some people are homeless by choice. It's a concept not always understood.

Meanwhile our Mental Health system is a mess. It's amazing the number of people that equate "shelter" with "mental health care".

TXN4LIFE, your compassion speaks volumes.

I saw the pictures of the victim on another website.

That poor man.

"Bath salts" can be of a variety of ever-changing compounds - ever-changing to keep the manufacturer one step ahead of the law. While bath salts are said to produce a hallucinogenic effect and their chemical constitution might be similar to LSD, they're not the same thing. Daily Mail's headline writer might have taken a few liberties. But both are hallucinogenic in effects.

O/T, but not our Daily News cover today shouted "ACID REDUX" LSD is back and that's no bummer.

It was related to a big bust here in January and had nothing to do with the Miami crime. However, our cover showed one trippy Ben Franklin giving the peace sign. Inside it said "Philly keeping "tabs" on LSD". For some reason I can't link to the cover. Just thought I'd share.

This case deserves more attention, IMHO. We need to let our young people know what can happen from some of these drugs that are being peddled on the streets.

“Classmates from Naples, Orlando to Miami cannot get over this,” Forte said. “There’s been an overwhelming response. We are going to do our part as his friends to not let him go down like this. The Rudy we know was a nice gentleman with a warm smile and funny. He’s not like that at all.”
Eugene must have been on some kind of drug that made him take a fast downward spiral, she said."

Who in their right mind DECIDES to take meth, and now... you can add bath salts (allegedly) to the list of drugs that make you act completely insane!!!! Why do people take these drugs? I understand COMPLETELY the need to escape what your current reality is, but these people are escaping into a living He!!. Just horrifying.... I can't help but look at the face of the perp in this case and feel bad for him. I can't help but want to hug the victim.... he was 65 yeas old!!! He had lived on the streets a long time, and never encountered anything like this. I think there is a lesson to be learned here somewhere - just not completely sure what it is.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/29/2822699/victim-in-ghoulish-flesh-eating.html

I wish people would just stick to alcohol.... at least when you are intoxicated from booze, you are usually a bumbling buffoon and can be controlled. Good grief - I won't forget this case for a very, very, long time. Probably forever.

The victim has been identified. It appears he's been homeless for many years. He's still in very bad shape.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/28/2822699/victim-in-ghoulish-flesh-eating.html

I want to know more about this statement, BBM, this really upsets me very much!

Security Guard Christian Alvarez, 36, patrols the Herald lots for U.S. Security Associates. On Saturday, he was on golf-cart patrol at the east end of the visitor parking lot when he says he heard four or five gunshots.

He drove the cart to the roof of the parking garage and “saw two guys laying down. One had his face all damaged and bleeding, but he was still alive.”

Alvarez heard the victim moaning and saw him trying to sit up. The dead man appeared to have three or four gunshot wounds to his back, he said.

Alvarez said that the way rescue personnel handled the injured man bothered him.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/29/2822699_p2/victim-in-ghoulish-flesh-eating.html#storylink=cpy

OMG. I Googled and found the picture too (real??). Wish I hadn't... it's bed time here...

Well the website that I went to is "reality"at it's finest.I've seen worse.

I would say to you "Sweet Dreams" but I don't want you to think I am being an a-hole...because I can be.But not tonight.

Like my Mom used to say to me.."Night Night Love".

Now we know why they were both naked:

He forced Poppo’s clothes off and then began mauling him as horrified drivers watched and a surveillance camera rolled.

Just saw the photos posted at The Villiage Voice. They sure look very legit. The one taken at the crime scene is almost certainly real, the position of the killer is exactly the same as the video and there is no way someone hired actors and staged that 1 day after the killing.

Now I do find the release of those photos to be very questionable because it looks to me like (based on the angles) they were taken by either police, EMT workers, or hospital staff. It is one thing if bystanders or the news media captures photos but another thing entirely when people in trusted positions of authority take photos without the patient/victims consent and then leak them to the press. That has to violate HIPPA or at the very least departmental policy.

The EMT's couldn't bother to help him for several minutes but they DID have time to snap photos BEFORE they even offered assistance??? Ambulance chasers are salivating over this one.

(I won't post the link because then people will click it knowing full well what they will see, but then act surprised and traumatized, suffice to say the more extreme text based descriptions of the attack are very accurate and no exaggeration).

Here's more on Eugene's background. This guy's been violent for a long time.

Officer recalls face-eating man's violent past
Rudy Eugene first man ever tasered by North Miami Police
Author: Glenna Milberg, gmilberg@Local10.com
Published On: May 29 2012 05:42:24 PM EDT Updated On: May 29 2012 05:56:48 PM EDT
MIAMI - Eight years before an officer shot Rudy Eugene to halt Saturday's frenzied, ravaging, cannibalistic attack, a North Miami Beach police officer witnessed Eugene's bizarre behavior and arrested him at his mother's home for beating her and threatening to killed her.

**more at link**

http://www.local10.com/news/Officer...ast/-/1717324/14281252/-/tk70tjz/-/index.html

Oh, and thank you for NOT posting any of those pictures. They are easily found if one really wants to see them. We are, and will remain, a victim friendly site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back