AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
New article about Derek:

"Thursday investigators arrested Derek Wood after the preliminary hearing of Dustin Kent in Bay Minette. All these cases are related. This is the third arrest we've had," P.I.O Anthony Lowery said."

snipped

"Lowrey said it is "unfortunate that these people are related to her." FOX10 wanted to know whether the girl's disappearance was related to the investigation."

"We actually have been investigating this much longer than the time period Brittney Wood went missing. As far as her, she's not a victim in our case, and we do have multiple victims," Lowery said."

snipped

"Lowery said the Sheriff's office began it's investigation after a minor victim came forward. He said there may be one or possibly two more arrests in their investigation with one expected early this week."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Arrest-followed-ongoing-investigation

Any idea who will arrested next? Male or female?

Gliving, thank you for this. It's so disheartening, isn't it? I keep thinking about all 4 of Brittney's parents. Jesus, can anyone even imagine what Chessie & Wallace are going through right now? Holy hell it's crazy. As if panic in their hearts filled with worry isn't enough, now Derek's arrest thrown on top of it all comes into play. It's sick.

If he's guilty, he needs to pay for it.

If he's innocent, and if any others are innocent as well, then the person accusing needs to pay a penalty.

I can't imagine any of this on the scale & level it at. I seriously don't think I'd survive.

I wonder if she turned the perp in who raped her? Or is that guy still out there doing the same thing to other children? Maybe police need to talk to her too!

I was thinking that too, especially as she said nine years.........oh no, it really sounds like it may be close to home as well for that amount of time.

Another arrest (or two?!) are expected later this week?!

This just keeps getting worse & worse.

Omg I might need to walk away from this case. There's so many bad things, god awful horrible stuff.

You're welcome Jersey Girl. Sadly, I don't think any of them are falsely accused. LE's been working on this for months. I don't doubt the family is having a terrible time accepting the charges. It's all so horrible.

moo

Gliving, thank you for this. It's so disheartening, isn't it? I keep thinking about all 4 of Brittney's parents. Jesus, can anyone even imagine what Chessie & Wallace are going through right now? Holy hell it's crazy. As if panic in their hearts filled with worry isn't enough, now Derek's arrest thrown on top of it all comes into play. It's sick.

If he's guilty, he needs to pay for it.

If he's innocent, and if any others are innocent as well, then the person accusing needs to pay a penalty.

I can't imagine any of this on the scale & level it at. I seriously don't think I'd survive.
You can get into trouble for falsely accusing someone of sexual abuse.

Surely highly trained abuse investigators have been talking to these victims.

Some of these victims could be boys too.

All of this is soooo sick!:sick:

and thank you for explaining to me re "towns" etc....I am from Australia and dont really understand about counties etc.....I sought of know where alot of the states are located so I do apologize if I sound condesending, it is just a case of not knowing.

Oh, no! You don't sound condescending at all!! I just thought it may be helpful to know that a lot of people in the area may not know anything about this case at all, or anything about whatever has happened to these victims. :)

You're welcome Jersey Girl. Sadly, I don't think any of them are falsely accused. LE's been working on this for months. I don't doubt the family is having a terrible time accepting the charges. It's all so horrible.

moo

It's so sad. Maybe it's the optimist in me that is questioning it all. Idk. It just seems like a lot, too much at once. If this is as huge as the media & le portrays it to be, then how can le still insist its not related to Brittney's disappearance?

Could someone please take screen shots of these comments on facebook? I have a feeling it will all go "poof" real quick.

I assume LE is reading there and taking notes.

It's all so twisted.

Could someone please take screen shots of these comments on facebook? I have a feeling it will all go "poof" real quick.

I assume LE is reading there and taking notes.

It's all so twisted.
I am. But it's hard to keep up with all the comments on this forum and comments on there too.

And my husband thinks I am going somewhere with him early tomorrow morning. NO WAY!

Goodnight everyone. I'm putting on a funny kids show bc this crap is just too heavy to fall asleep to. Xox & prayers being sent out.

Me too. I also find it hard to believe that there have been NO bookings in Baldwin County in the past 24 hours, on a Sunday night. I wonder if they're holding off on posting them for some reason..

The most idiotic comment was "none of our family does drugs". Well I hate to be the one to tell her but DW has had numerous arrest for drugs and I believe the younger brother is in juvie, right now for drugs. If you are trying to make a case for a family member's innocence, it sure doesn't help much if you outright lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member