Man lifts car off trapped cyclist

Gina_M

Reaction score
Website
www.findmywayhome.org
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060731/od_nm/car_dc;_ylt=AnH2g_TirLjzkm2FHyeTKVDtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

A hefty bystander at a road accident in southern Arizona heaved a car clean off a trapped teenage cyclist, possibly saving his life, police said on Friday.

Eighteen-year-old Kyle Holtrust was struck by a car as he pedaled along a Tucson highway late on Wednesday and pinned beneath it, city police said.

Tucson paintshop worker Tom Boyle grabbed the Chevrolet Camaro car and lifted it, allowing the driver to haul the injured cyclist clear.

"He lifted that side of the car completely off the ground," police spokesman Frank Amado told Reuters by telephone.

Amado said Holtrust was being treated in hospital, and was expected to make a full recovery.

Local media said Boyle is 6 feet four inches tall and weighs 300 pounds (136 kg).

"It was outstanding," Amado said. "It is quite unusual to have that strength."

Thanks, Gina, for posting this great story! The man held the teenager and stroked his head until the ambulence arrived. He said his "fatherly instinct" kicked in when he saw the accident and hoped someone would do the same for his children. What a hero!

He really is a hero!

I love stories like these that showcase how people can sometimes summon superhuman strength for the good of their fellow man. Bravo!

One fellow who works for the same company I do has actually saved people like this twice. Once by lifting a car off a child and another time I think someone was pinned or something. He said he didn't know where he found the strength and he could not lift that weight under normal circumstances. He's superhuman!

139760-1.jpg

Here's the hero himself. Tom Boyle

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni