What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

• Lethal injection

Votes: 80 6.8%
  • Medical castration and life without parole

Votes: 186 15.7%
  • Medical castration with intense therapy and a light prison term

Votes: 25 2.1%
  • Life in prison without parole

Votes: 194 16.4%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole but only with medical castration

Votes: 95 8.0%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole.

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole

Votes: 67 5.7%
  • Electric chair death

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • Death, any method that works.

Votes: 172 14.6%
  • Death - unless falsely accused

Votes: 31 2.6%
  • Blind them so they can never see a child again

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • The same punishment as the child did, then death

Votes: 41 3.5%
  • Torture....LOTS of brutal torture....then death.

Votes: 40 3.4%
  • all of the above

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • LWOP in general population

Votes: 60 5.1%
  • SURGICAL castration and LWOP!

Votes: 59 5.0%
  • Permanent psych ward stay

Votes: 13 1.1%
  • Verbatim Quote from BH 'Take him to a cabin in the woods, nail his balls to the floor and set the ca

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Surgical castration, light prison sentence with psychotherapy

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy followed by LWOP

Votes: 9 0.8%

• Total voters
I voted death by electrocution. However, if I truly had my way I'd introduce superglue to all openings in their body, leaving a single nostril to breath through.

But that's not legal.

I've voted for "Life in prison with a chance of parole."

We do not live in a barbaric society, thus I do not believe we should be killing or castrating anyone. Also it's a bit sexist to label many of the poll options with castration, because not all sexual offenders are men.

How would you castrate a woman? Well, actually that's a dumb question, but why would you? That wouldn't be preventive of recidivism. The same so for men.

I was reading an article a few days ago about sexuality and how it may manifest in weird ways. Paralyzed people were reported to have found ways to sexually get off through other parts of their body, like their fingers or their feet. Now mind you, these are paralyzed people who cannot even feel their sexual organs, yet they receive a similar sensation in other parts of their body. If we were to castrate offenders, what's to say that they would not discover other ways to get themselves off?

Now as to why I said life in prison with a chance of parole, I believe that nobody should truly be locked up all their lives. I'd say give them a chance in the outside world some time when they are elderly and infirm, where they will just be moved into a nursing home. From one prison to another, in joking terms.

The prisons can't be tasked to keep so many offenders all the time. Prison populations has exploded into gigantic numbers in the past few years and not enough funds are going into the prison systems to maintain them. This is why states have begun legalizing marijuana, why some have relaxed drugs laws so that you can possess a certain amount without getting arrested or why even many crime law definitions are being changed so that they are treated as a minor offense.

Of course I do not believe sexual abuse of children is a minor offense. And that is why they get life in prison, with a chance of parole.

We do not live in a barbaric society, thus I do not believe we should be killing or castrating anyone. Also it's a bit sexist to label many of the poll options with castration, because not all sexual offenders are men.

How would you castrate a woman? Well, actually that's a dumb question, but why would you? That wouldn't be preventive of recidivism. The same so for men.

I was reading an article a few days ago about sexuality and how it may manifest in weird ways. Paralyzed people were reported to have found ways to sexually get off through other parts of their body, like their fingers or their feet. Now mind you, these are paralyzed people who cannot even feel their sexual organs, yet they receive a similar sensation in other parts of their body. If we were to castrate offenders, what's to say that they would not discover other ways to get themselves off?

Now as to why I said life in prison with a chance of parole, I believe that nobody should truly be locked up all their lives. I'd say give them a chance in the outside world some time when they are elderly and infirm, where they will just be moved into a nursing home. From one prison to another, in joking terms.

The prisons can't be tasked to keep so many offenders all the time. Prison populations has exploded into gigantic numbers in the past few years and not enough funds are going into the prison systems to maintain them. This is why states have begun legalizing marijuana, why some have relaxed drugs laws so that you can possess a certain amount without getting arrested or why even many crime law definitions are being changed so that they are treated as a minor offense.

Of course I do not believe sexual abuse of children is a minor offense. And that is why they get life in prison, with a chance of parole.

If we didn't live in a barbaric society, my monster would've never come out from under my bed. It's an offense that I will not ever get to live without, even when I'm old and infirm, so why should the monster?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I chose "Life in prison without parole." A person who is sick enough to abuse a child shouldn't be allowed in public, IMO.

It would have to be by a case by case basis for me. All to often I've seen a 20 year old guy get on a sex offenders list for having sex with a willing 17 year old girl. To me just 100% IMO a 20 year old boy is just that a boy still.

But if we are talking about actual rape and molestation of a child no questions asked death by lethal injection. No need to be doing sick crap to pedophiles. Because then that makes the person doing it to them just as sick IMO. Just nicely give them the needle and a last meal. And move on to the next.

I mean if a dog bites a child because the dog was scared or confused and didn't know whats going on we put that dog down most times no questions asked because the risk of the dog biting another child is to great of a risk to take. So why should a child molester or rapist be treated any different then how we treat dogs? The risk of the molester or rapist doing it again to another child is simply to great of a risk to take. So I don't think they should ever be free again. But on the other hand why should we pay to keep them locked up?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree, Gia, it's really a case-by-case thing. Your example with the 17 year old and the 20 year old--that's not pedophilia at all; that's just an artifact of the age of consent.

And then there are pedophiles who have a conscience and never touch a child their whole lives--those people need help from someone who'll keep their secret, not punishment.

On the other hand, serial child rapists... Lock them up, throw away the key. There's no chance for reform there.

Convicted pedophiles should get counseling, but I only say that because access to mental health care is as basic a right as access to regular health care.

All these colorful punishments... yeah, they're nice to think about, but they wouldn't be something you'd want to do in real life. Rapists and killers might act like monsters, but we don't have to stoop to that level ourselves. Shouldn't, in fact, or we'll become no better. Protect society from them--that's the important thing. Make sure they'll never have a chance to hurt another person again.

if it is a child and not one of those 17 year old girl /20 year old boy dating thingys......well I say OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!!!!! (or another select part) Rape of a Child by a grown man(or woman)
honestly LIFE. No possibility of parole EVER!

I think in cases where an 18-20 year old was dating a teenager, they shouldn't be treated like registered sex offenders. Now, for actual pedophiles who abuse prepubescent children, there should be medical castration and LWOP.

And I was molested by my molester using his hands!!! Sticking them in a nursing home is NOT the answer. They'd just victimize the residents of the nursing home. And I've worked in several. They are not "prisons".

And I was molested by my molester using his hands!!! Sticking them in a nursing home is NOT the answer. They'd just victimize the residents of the nursing home. And I've worked in several. They are not "prisons".

The problem is in their brains...
I suggest a guillotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes... off with their heads. The 'punishment' they 'may' get in prison is not enough IMO.

Firing squad, hanging.... lethal injection, maybe helium.

Pedophiles are repeat offenders, we know they will always reoffend, children are their sexuality. Keeping them in prison, "like without parole" is the only answer. Nothing else will stop them reoffending. Unfortunately "life without parole" is not possible anywhere in the world. No government anywhere in the world could afford to keep so many people in prison.
As it is at the moment many governments are in trouble for letting the wrong people out on early parole and people are being murdered by "early parolees" many of whom have lengthy histories of extreme violence any yet they still got out early. No government is going to keep pedophiles in prison for life UNFORTUNATELY.
That only leaves the alternative of the death penalty, which is the only realistic answer, as they never stop offending. No government is going to impose the death penalty on a non deadly crime. This means that pedophiles are going to keep getting away with it.
Maybe this is why people are so totally repulsed by them and have no problems in making it known.

My, you are a bloodthirsty lot!

Child molestation is no different from any other offence. A stay in prison with escalating duration for repeat offences will suffice. In situations where violence has occurred or rape as such, then a lengthy prison sentence is appropriate, where that doesn't happen then a shorter sentence would be appropriate. Suggestions of castration followed by LWOP or other similar mutilations are ridiculous and barbaric, and things like that are unconstitutional anyway. When it comes to a death sentence, then there has to be a homicide involved to warrant it, other wise it is unwarranted.

Basically, you need to balance damage done with a proportionate response. Not all damage is equal.

Saying that pedophiles "can't be cured" is irrelevant. I don't care if they are cured or not, all that is important is that they don't reoffend, and I have yet to see anything to say that they all reoffend or even that most of them do. Most instances of pedophiles molesting children involve family members anyway, typically they are first offenders, and once those people are no longer in that situation they probably won't re-offend. The length of punishment should be determined on factors such as if it was a stranger or not, or the likelihood of the offender being in a similar situation where they might reoffend. Every case is different. If they offend once, get punished, and do not re-offend again, that is ok. Maybe they still have their old feelings, but so what, as long as they don't act on them. I understand the distinction between thinking about something and doing something.

Btw, since some have mentioned things like 20 year olds with 17 year olds, that is not pedophilia so those situations are not relevant to this poll. Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubescent children, it does not include those who have entered puberty.

Air drop Guantanamo gentlemen to North Pole for 1 month, toss some food down to them, then do the same with pedophiles. Hover over a camera drone as soon as global warming permits for a wellness check, just to see how if they are making friends with each other.

I voted for physical castration. However, the more I think about it, the more I think that Death would be appropriate. Not only because of what they did or might do, but because I think most of them want to die. Besides, why should the government take a chance and also, why should we pay for it. They could be given lethal injections which a gentler death than most people get.

My, you are a bloodthirsty lot!

Child molestation is no different from any other offence. A stay in prison with escalating duration for repeat offences will suffice. In situations where violence has occurred or rape as such, then a lengthy prison sentence is appropriate, where that doesn't happen then a shorter sentence would be appropriate. Suggestions of castration followed by LWOP or other similar mutilations are ridiculous and barbaric, and things like that are unconstitutional anyway. When it comes to a death sentence, then there has to be a homicide involved to warrant it, other wise it is unwarranted.

Basically, you need to balance damage done with a proportionate response. Not all damage is equal.

Saying that pedophiles "can't be cured" is irrelevant. I don't care if they are cured or not, all that is important is that they don't reoffend, and I have yet to see anything to say that they all reoffend or even that most of them do. Most instances of pedophiles molesting children involve family members anyway, typically they are first offenders, and once those people are no longer in that situation they probably won't re-offend. The length of punishment should be determined on factors such as if it was a stranger or not, or the likelihood of the offender being in a similar situation where they might reoffend. Every case is different. If they offend once, get punished, and do not re-offend again, that is ok. Maybe they still have their old feelings, but so what, as long as they don't act on them. I understand the distinction between thinking about something and doing something.

Btw, since some have mentioned things like 20 year olds with 17 year olds, that is not pedophilia so those situations are not relevant to this poll. Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubescent children, it does not include those who have entered puberty.

BBM. Based on everything I've read, I do believe it's correct that most instances of pedophiles molesting children involve family members (although that doesn't make it any less repugnant or horrific to the child), but do you have a link to any stats that say they are typically first offenders and that they probably won't re-offend once they're "no longer in that situation"? I have trouble believing that those two statements are accurate.

Also, does "first offenders" mean that it's the first time they ever molested a child, or does it mean it's the first time they got caught?

Personally, IMO, pedophile rape and molestation of babies and young children is so horrific that I believe they should be locked up for life. The only reason I don't think the death penalty should be the penalty is because that would give them no incentive to not also kill the child afterwards.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back