WI - Six people shot to death by Forest County deputy, Crandon, Oct 7, 2007

This story is bothering me a lot. I can't elaborate just now as I am still sorting through all my feelings.It just seems that LE hires without further testing or evaluations on the people in certain areas. I know about budget constraints but some of these people are time bombs and the same could be said for the security forces hired as independent contractors in Iraq.

I had an LE friend tell me that these firms were hiring felons. So, with that said we have to wonder who is allowing these miscreants to be part of a force that is supposed to be protecting us.

Which is funny to me because in larger cities it is nearly impossible to get into the police force. My husband went out for the police last year and he made it through the written exam and 90% of the physical exam until the end when he had to pick up a gun and pull the trigger 10 times and aim into a tiny ring. He made it 6 times until his finger cramped up and that was it for him. Even if he would've passed, he just would've been on a waiting list. He wanted to be a police man so bad and it kills us to hear about all these jerkoff police officers abusing their responsibilities and being a-holes. There are a lot of caring people who want to be on these forces and would do great jobs.

My thoughts go out to the grieving families.

How does a 20 year old become a cop, and in two departments at that? I know the small towns around me can afford to be selective as alot of big city cops want to semi-retire to small towns. You usually end up with over qualified older cops being underpaid. 20 years old? Was his dad the mayor or something?

How does a 20 year old become a cop, and in two departments at that? I know the small towns around me can afford to be selective as alot of big city cops want to semi-retire to small towns. You usually end up with over qualified older cops being underpaid. 20 years old? Was his dad the mayor or something?

I was under the impression that one had to be at least 21 to join the force.

Maybe the age of the suspect is wrong perhaps?

No 20 year old is mature enough to be a policeman imo. It does make me wonder if his family has pull.

Oops sorry: ETA I do see they are confirming he IS 20 years old.

I wonder if the guy in his 20s that had glass cuts was the other policeman? (boyfriend)

imoo

I would be curious to know how old the second cop was that stepped in and started dating the ex GF that Tyler just broke up with.

The victims:

Authorities did not release details of the killings or names of the victims Sunday but from interviews with families and friends the following were believed to have been killed:

- Jordann Murray, 18, the suspect's former longtime sweetheart who graduated from Crandon High School in 2006.

- Katrina McCorkle, an 18-year-old senior at Crandon High.

- Leanna Thomas, also an 18-year-old senior at Crandon.

- Bradley Schultz, 20, a 2005 graduate of Crandon and a student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee majoring in criminal justice.

- Aaron Smith, called "Chunk" by his friends, also a 2005 graduate of Crandon.

- Lindsey Stahl, age 14.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=671874

I would be curious to know how old the second cop was that stepped in and started dating the ex GF that Tyler just broke up with.

One of the articles states there is a guy in his 20s that was there at the time. He got cuts from glass shattering.
I bet he is the new boyfriend.

imoo

Thanks Lady GL, what a tragedy.

One of the articles states there is a guy in his 20s that was there at the time. He got cuts from glass shattering.
I bet he is the new boyfriend.

imoo

Probably. And the ex-GF was 18, so the age difference doesn't point to anything.

Probably. And the ex-GF was 18, so the age difference doesn't point to anything.

I agree.

I think he most likely learned that the new boyfriend was over there. Who knows he may have watched the house for hours before bursting in at 3 in the morning.

He broke up with her last week the articles stated and the next week she started to see this new guy.

Such a tragedy for those victims that were sitting ducks as he started firing on them. There is nothing one can do but try to run. But when someone is firing bullets the ending is going to be so heartbreaking as it was here.

imoo

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21181501/

What a terrible tragedy. I can't understand how someone so young could become a cop either. But if he's 20, it sounds as if two of the victims graduated in his same class. Those poor kids, they had absolutely no chance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21181501/

What a terrible tragedy. I can't understand how someone so young could become a cop either. But if he's 20, it sounds as if two of the victims graduated in his same class. Those poor kids, they had absolutely no chance.

Fox just showed the gunman's photo. It does look like the same guy on myspace. He is a little older in the ms photo. Its probably a recent photo. The one on Fox looks like one of him in high school. Looked like a nice friendly clean cut teenager.

They have been saying this was his longtime girlfriend. I wonder how long they had dated.

imoo

My teenaged daughter is 17 and doesn't date, thank God. It's getting so you don't know who to trust your child with. This man was a police officer, for heaven sakes.

On the News they stated he was born & raised in Crandon.
News could be wrong.......but thats what they said.

Did you see the photo that they showed? He sure looks like the guy on myspace though except the picture on tv was when he was in high school.

Maybe he put another town in on myspace because he didn't really want others to know exactly where he lived.

Oh well it may not be him but he sure favors the guy. Dark hair and all.

imoo

Did you see the photo that they showed? He sure looks like the guy on myspace though except the picture on tv was when he was in high school.

Maybe he put another town in on myspace because he didn't really want others to know exactly where he lived.

Oh well it may not be him but he sure favors the guy. Dark hair and all.

imoo

I did see the picture of him & your correct it sure did look like him.

Well, I know from some searches that he went to Eleva-Strum high school... I haven't googled the locations, but isn't it possible those two cities are close together?

Two or more towns could share a high school. It happens all the time in small communities.

Now I'm wondering because I don't think he looks the same! The one at the Fox news site looks like such a happy, healthy young man. What in the world goes so wrong that you go ballistic and kill others and then yourself? Over a GIRL? How are kids getting the message that this is ok to do?

Anyway, Fox news says the pic is from the Crandon HS yearbook. There was a TP that went to Eleva-Strum though, and was in athletics.

My prayers are with all the families and friends right now. In such a small town everyone will have trouble with this one. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back