CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great questions!!! Ross was an hour early from his usual routine. Who would know that info?
Thanks :) It just seems in order for Hassani to have been abducted from the alley some random perp would have to be there right at the same time LR pulled in, and then how would this random perp get away with Hassani without either driving away in a car or carrying him and nobody noticed it. Too many windows and people around there for somebody to try this, in my opinion, especially with the tight parking situation. Oh, and what if LR saw the perp and started chasing him down? Too risky! MOO

Okay here's a thought--didn't they say the last time Hassani was seen by other members of the family was the weekend before he disappeared? Some family get together of sorts? Would the mom or someone else in the family have decided to take him back from the couple? Innocent talk among relatives--"oh I have a class tomorrow and a job interview before that so I have to drop the kids off at 4:00 with Jen. Hope she gets along ok with them at work, etc etc" If Shemika or someone else in family wanted to get them--perfect set up--exact time they arrive. Maybe even mentioned their "routine". Couldn't get the little girl though because he carried her along. Just a random thought but many kidnappings are noncustodial parents.

Okay here's a thought--didn't they say the last time Hassani was seen by other members of the family was the weekend before he disappeared? Some family get together of sorts? Would the mom or someone else in the family have decided to take him back from the couple? Innocent talk among relatives--"oh I have a class tomorrow and a job interview before that so I have to drop the kids off at 4:00 with Jen. Hope she gets along ok with them at work, etc etc" If Shemika or someone else in family wanted to get them--perfect set up--exact time they arrive. Maybe even mentioned their "routine". Couldn't get the little girl though because he carried her along. Just a random thought but many kidnappings are noncustodial parents.
Also a very good point! But where is he, if the noncustodial parent(s) took him? :( MOO

For reference, this is the driveway/alley where car was parked, and the route LR took to the front of the store.

This really makes no sense IMO. I was under the impression then that the front of the store was just around the edge of the driveway.

If this was their normal routine, why not call the store from the driveway and say "I'm here" without lugging an 18-month old (or strolling her) that distance not to mention leaving a 5 year old little boy alone and out of your sight ...

Thanks to AngelWhoCares and Columbo without whose links to photos, I'd still be in the dark on this.

I was under the SAME impression & now wonder why :confused:

I can clearly see it's a much longer walk & totally out of his view which makes what he did 1000x worse then I originally thought! :eek:

Don't worry, it's nothing. I just left it because it had been quoted and this way if someone else comes up with the same info, they can see it's been checked already.

Sometimes it's good to rule things out as well as in.
I am the resident zebra chaser. I tend to hear hoofbeats and think "Yay, unicorns."
Sometimes I come up with good stuff, though.

K! Thanks for explaining & for being our zebra chaser! :)

I was under the SAME impression & now wonder why :confused:

I can clearly see it's a much longer walk & totally out of his view which makes what he did 1000x worse then I originally thought! :eek:
Well, I also was under the impression it was a shorter walk (until I saw that photo this weekend) and didn't realize he had to go around the corner of the building twice. Yes, it makes it even more strange that he'd take the toddler out of the car down the block and leave Hassani alone by the car ~ and not just call the store and say "I'm outside the back door". MOO

Praying Hassani is found soon!

'night all! :seeya:

I'm wondering: how did Adam Walsh's abductor get him to go with him, w/o creating a stir ? Maybe this perp (if there was one) did something similar? Little Hasanni looks like such a pleasant little guy, I wonder if he would have screamed or made a fuss even if the person grabbed him and ran?

Special needs kids often get used to a lot of adults invading their personal space - teachers aids and EAs and the like. And I can only imagine foster kids are also prone to being a bit jaded to strangers, especially since he was in the system for two years waiting for a family.

It is possible he didn't make much fuss. Hard to guess, though.

why was the little man reported as crying at the auto place ??! (per hln)?? What had this cute little guy so upset.. and then he is gone? How far is the auto place from the shoe store and what destinations are in between (ie, bodies of water)?

Yes he sounds sincere but so do most narcissistic sociopaths. mho

That's very true! He does have a smooth and believable manner. Something to keep in mind.

Special needs kids often get used to a lot of adults invading their personal space - teachers aids and EAs and the like. And I can only imagine foster kids are also prone to being a bit jaded to strangers, especially since he was in the system for two years waiting for a family.

It is possible he didn't make much fuss. Hard to guess, though.

I can totally see a little kid being shocked into silence or just not be able to realise the importance of making a fuss - especially one as WhyaDuck says who has been in foster care. Or maybe the abductor just covered his mouth?

LouisWRoss.jpg

He was born in Texas...San Antonio area

Sometimes it's good to rule things out as well as in.
I am the resident zebra chaser. I tend to hear hoofbeats and think "Yay, unicorns."
Sometimes I come up with good stuff, though.

BBM. NMK, that is the best description I've ever read! You keep chasing those unicorns, and let us know the results. Sometimes the most "out there" ideas are worth pursuing.

ForensicFan, looking forward to your wife's impressions!

Frankly, I don't believe a word he says. Remember Susan Smith...She cried and begged for days, until LE suddenly announced her arrest. Some cry and some get angry - doesn't mean a thing.

It's just very improbable that he was taken in that particular neighborhood. Though you have to admit it was a clever ploy to defer suspicion from himself. Place the child by the backdoor, open the trunk lid, disappear around the corner & voila! Child is gone off the face of the earth. It was reported somewhere a reporter did the walk from the alley to the store in 40 seconds.

He was supposedly behind the car by the door. Now who from the street could have seen him?

Why are they searching Coyote Park if he was stolen on College Ave.? They had helicopters flying around, probably with heat seeking instruments to detect a body. They searched again yesterday (Sunday).

It just burns me up that this child born with CP had such a tragic life and ended up being victimized by a monster.

I'll be the 1st to apologize if it turns out he was kidnapped.

I'll be the 1st to apologize if it turns out he was kidnapped.

I know what you mean, Paulette! I keep flip-flopping.

What does concern me though is the post earlier about only having 50 tips on Hassani's case in a week, where Sandra Cantu's case have 470-something in 5 days. That's not good. :(

why was the little man reported as crying at the auto place ??! (per hln)?? What had this cute little guy so upset.. and then he is gone? How far is the auto place from the shoe store and what destinations are in between (ie, bodies of water)?

Nurse, post #40 on page 2 of this thread has a map of all the locations.

Thanks momtective! Now I wonder why his dad wasn't LWR II? Is it common to go from LWR to LWR III in one generation? How odd.

We've got the name of a brother too.:woohoo:
Louisandbrother.jpg

Did you watch the interview of Shemika by news reporters? I doubt she could have carried it off. I read somewhere that she also suffers from CP.

I know what you mean, Paulette! I keep flip-flopping.

What does concern me though is the post earlier about only having 50 tips on Hassani's case in a week, where Sandra Cantu's case have 470-something in 5 days. That's not good. :(

I read that too. How sad is that.

Louisandbrother.jpg

Ok, this family has unusual habits in naming their children! Unless the brother is named for a grandfather?

Did you watch the interview of Shemika by news reporters? I doubt she could have carried it off. I read somewhere that she also suffers from CP.

That was my thought, too. I doubt she could have done it, the bio-dad seems never to have been in the picture, and the grandmother seems to think the sun shone out of LWR's backside, so.... unless there's other family? But gee, given LWR's background (brushes with the law), I can see CPS handing the kids over to another family member.

So, that's possibly not the case, and we're back to the worst case scenario.

And you'll all be pleased to know I have to go now, and thus end the serial posting! :crazy: (And I do apologize for all the posts, it took me a while to figure out the quoting thing!)

Louisandbrother.jpg

I read earlier today that Thomas Ross was 20 years old. Could it possibly be LWR son and not a brother? He'd have been 18 then. Certainly old enough to be a bio donor, but not old enough to be a father.

Geez...following this is like leading a second life. Was too much info on strangers. Feels kind-a-creepy.

I tried to follow the Forensic astro on Caylee Anthony & only got to the 4th thread but I began to think about it way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member