Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally unfamiliar with this reenactment business that seems to be a requirement in Peru. But what a good thought you have, frenchvixen! I wonder if they will make him repeat it until he gets it to match what he has told them. Anyone know how all that works?
I am seeing the re-enactment much like a defendant allocutes in court here in the US, and if the details do not match the evidence, the prosecution can refuse the plea agreement, or in this case the confession. MOO

For Joran ~ yes, I could actually see him falling asleep on the bed, after the "workout" of killing her. MOO

Yep, could be why many of us a few days back said "he looked so rested". on his exit tape..

JVDS plan-Kill SF, sleep, wake up, shower, change striped shirt, first dump white shirt on SF, change into stripe shirt, go for coffee, pack duffel bag, brush teeth (that's the 20 mins)...
exit

I think the FBI did exactly what they should have...No one could have predicted Stephanys death...He used that money to gamble, not to go to Peru to kill someone.... JMO

Its still a mystery though why they weren't there to arrest him immediately once they saw him counting the money.

IMO

The news is breaking so fast in this case and there are lots of "leaks" going on. I'm sure things will settle down in a while and things should make more sense. At least, I hope so!

One issue is the time stamp on the video. My head is reeling with all this information, but I'm fairly sure someone said that the time was off by about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, it wasn't said if it was running ahead or behind. LE probably knows this and eventually, we'll get a better timeline together.

This is not a hard fact, just my memory... which isn't all that sharp right now!

In case it hasn't been already said since I'm quite a number of pages behind on this thread, the FBI's claims of money transfers to Joran's account in Aruba and his removal of those funds doesn't mean he was physically in Aruba at that time. These were no doubt wire transfers that don't require anyone's physical presence and can be accomplished anywhere in the world. He can also check his Aruba account to see if the money landed there (which it apparently did) and removed some or all of it from anywhere in the world.

I had read the FBI's charges concerning the extortion in .pdf format and don't recall anything that mentioned where Joran was physically when communications and financial transactions occurred, and they really don't need to know that (and if he was smart he'd be in some other country than where his account was that received the extorted financial transfer at the time in occurred).

Nobody does financial transfers/deposits/withdrawals internationally by physically going to the bank. Joran didn't need to be in Aruba for the money to be accepted into his account there, nor would he have to physically be there to take some or all of it out... and likely he would not have been there to avoid the most obvious way of being caught. He could and probably did all this financial transacting from some other country, and it appears that he may have done it from Columbia, removed part or all of the money once it landed in his account in Aruba while he was physically in Columbia (since he wouldn't need to BE in Aruba to remove it), and hopped a plane from Columbia to Peru to go on his next gambling junket with fresh cash to gamble with that he allegedly extorted... all of which more than likely occurred without him having stepped foot into Aruba.

Joran WAS in Aruba on May 10, 2010 and collected $10,000.00. The $15,000.00 was wired to a bank account in the Netherlands. Joran went from Aruba, to Columbia to Peru. Joran can access his Netherland's bank account anywhere with a simple debit card.

Watch Geraldo's Show on my YT channel from Saturday and Sunday night, it is all in there. Also, GretaWire posted some information.

I think the FBI did exactly what they should have...No one could have predicted Stephanys death...He used that money to gamble, not to go to Peru to kill someone.... JMO

I think the FBI should have arrested Joran the moment Beth Holloway's $10,000.00 was placed in Joran's hands.

This whole extortion thing makes me uncomfortable. Had the FBI not agree to give this boy 25k, he would not have any cash to go to Peru and Stephany would have been alive. Sometimes people have to make peace with certain things. I can't imagine how it feels for your daughter to disappear when she goes on a high school trip but I really think they crossed the ethics line in giving Joran cash especially since they did not even have the jurisdiction to arrest him. There was too much at stake and not enough certainties. They gambled with their money and someone lost their life in the end.

I do understand what you're saying but at least the law (FBI) was involved in this ~ unlike others who have paid him outright for false information (and broadcasting rights). And what guarantee did any of those others have that he didn't/wasn't going to use their money in the same way? None.

All things considered, setting up a sting operation and possibly being able to bring your daughter home for burial seems less offensive to me than bargaining for false confessions and tapes of Joran's father (all the while keeping the flood lights aimed).

There is only one person responsible for these deaths and any gesture to attach guilt to anyone else seems misguided and tends to dilute Joran's responsibility, to my way of thinking. MOO

Just a guess.. But, Say the FBI was setting him up for extortion...and everything went as planned, He was aressted for extortion by the Federal Gov. in the U.S.A.. All of us would be high fiveing it..right....Maybe, we would have even found Natalee.....We would have been the heros...The FBI was trying to do just that....To put that monster away....Again, no one could have predicted that he would kill someone totally unrelated to any of this...

Its still a mystery though why they weren't there to arrest him immediately once they saw him counting the money.

IMO

There were 10 FBI agents within the area, and could have easily arrested Joran. Although they say "not enough evidence" however I do not buy that one at all.

Heck, the bride that tried to hire someone to kill her husband and she was under surveillance, as soon as she paid the money to the undercover cop, she was arrested.

Another example, Cummings/Croslin arrested while handing pills over to an undercover cop.

I think JVS would confess to the JFK assassination if someone offered him an interview after reading more about Natalee's case.

Mayday360, huh? No comment.

I'm not understanding the cynicism regarding Mayday 360 (a global safety company to enhance safe travel - according to their web site) and Beth Holloway's association to it. I must be missing something. :waitasec: Could you please enlighten me? TIA.

There were 10 FBI agents within the area, and could have easily arrested Joran. Although they say "not enough evidence" however I do not buy that one at all.

Heck, the bride that tried to hire someone to kill her husband and she was under surveillance, as soon as she paid the money to the undercover cop, she was arrested.

Another example, Cummings/Croslin arrested while handing pills over to an undercover cop.

The FBI has no jurisdiction to arrest someone that is not on American soil, that has not been indicted, and would not have been indicted on a crime that requires extradition

The only (and direct) hinderance was that JVDS was in a foreign country. The hit-man wife and the Cummings were all on American soil.

When the feds are working overseas they have to deal with the local authorities and I do believe that the Aruban authorities were given them a real hard time about doing anything!

JMO

The person that is being extorted seeks the help of the FBI for advise on how to handle the situation. The FBI may advise the individual that it may be to the individuals best interest not to give in to the demands of money for information. Then again, the FBI may say "we will assist you" with the demands, however, we can't decide for you what you want to do.

with all due respect Patty...I really wish the FBI was in on the raid of Misty and Ron... in fact I wish they were involved today....:)

I do understand what you're saying but at least the law (FBI) was involved in this ~ unlike others who have paid him outright for false information (and broadcasting rights). And what guarantee did any of those others have that he didn't/wasn't going to use their money in the same way? None.

All things considered, setting up a sting operation and possibly being able to bring your daughter home for burial seems less offensive to me than bargaining for false confessions and tapes of Joran's father (all the while keeping the flood lights aimed).

There is only one person responsible for these deaths and any gesture to attach guilt to anyone else seems misguided and tends to dilute Joran's responsibility, to my way of thinking. MOO

I absolutely agree with you. No one is responsible for what happened but Joran. Thinking that if he didn't have the money he wouldn't have gone there and then Stephany would be alive is counterproductive and as you stated "misguided"; and possibly not even true. If he wanted to get there he would have found a way.

The FBI has no jurisdiction to arrest someone that is not on American soil, that has not been indicted, and would not have been indicted on a crime that requires extradition

YUP, I know that and mentioned that often that the US FBI has no juridiction in any other country to arrest a foreigner outside of the USA. This is why having the FBI in Arubu ready to arrest Joran made no sense to me.

I only mentioned the 10 FBI agents being in the area because this is what was stated.

Most of my discussion tonight was clarifying that it was NOT the FBI that gave Joran the money but that it was Beth's money.

I did mention though, that I wish that the FBI did arrest Joran once he received the money, but clearly that was not possible.

http://elcomercio.pe/player/491307

This video is in Spanish but shows a girl on the floor of Room 309 and she's wearing long black pants and a black shirt. Is this a re-enactment or is this a crime scene and the red panty report is faulty? I'm a bit confused here. Maybe a Spanish-speaker can tell us if this is Stephany or not. It occurs at the 25 second mark.

Honestly, If Paulus would have stepped back and let the authorities investigate his son, it would of ended there...and the FBI would not be placed in the position of having to deal with a murderer/extortionist...

YUP, I know that and mentioned that often that the US FBI has no juridiction in any other country to arrest a foreigner outside of the USA. This is why having the FBI in Arubu ready to arrest Joran made no sense to me.

I only mentioned the 10 FBI agents being in the area because this is what was stated.

Most of my discussion tonight was clarifying that it was NOT the FBI that gave Joran the money but that it was Beth's money.

I did mention though, that I wish that the FBI did arrest Joran once he received the money, but clearly that was not possible.

Patty, my guess is that the 10 FBI agents were there to set up the high-tech surveillance needed to record what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail