State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would have been a legal nightmare if she took the children away for vacation and didn't return, but given the fact that she was facing expulsion from the country and leaving her children behind, I think the Canadian legal system would have kicked in and helped resolve it in her favor.

I'm not so sure. I don't know whether she would have had enough grounds. The Canadian Court could have very well told her to go back to NC and sort it out there.

I'm not so sure. I don't know whether she would have had enough grounds. The Court in Calgary could have very well told her to go back to NC and sort it out there.

I don't think her immigration status was much of an issue, considering that we currently have millions of illegal aliens from Mexico living here and they are not deported unless they get arrested for a crime, and even then they usually don't deport them.

I'm thinking about going to the trial on Tuesday, SG. Couple of questions: is the courtroom packed? Will they let you in if you come after they have started? Can I use my iPad? Is it normal to see people taking notes? TIA

So you think they had enough evidence to put him in jail *before* the custody dep.?

If so, they clearly baited him.

I don't know if they had it before. But clearly they had reason for caution.

Nancy herself was not in touch with Interact, but a friend who was very familiar with Interact's services and the signs of domestic violence was aware of the escalating tension and the weird list that Brad had written, and she spoke to Nancy about her situation when they had lunch on Fri 7/11/08. By the next morning Nancy had been murdered. This friend testified at the custody hearing in 2008.

Sorry, my mind is blanking...what weird list that Brad wrote?

I'm thinking about going to the trial on Tuesday, SG. Couple of questions: is the courtroom packed? Will they let you in if you come after they have started? Can I use my iPad? Is it normal to see people taking notes? TIA

The courtroom was packed the first time I went (opening) but it was not full the day I went last week. Yes you can go in after they have started. I think you can use an iPad. You cannot use a cell phone or allow anything to ring or make any noise, so be aware of that. Note taking is fine, though I haven't seen many people do it.

The courtroom was packed the first time I went (opening) but it was not full the day I went last week. Yes you can go in after they have started. I think you can use an iPad. You cannot use a cell phone or allow anything to ring or make any noise, so be aware of that. Note taking is fine, though I haven't seen many people do it.

I would be so embarrassed if anything on my person rang or made noise, that is a no-no! I'm assuming you made notes, tho?

Oh and since you know Kurtz (heh) could you please get the password to their wifi signal for me? I don't have a 3G device and really need to 'borrow' their Wifi the next time I go... pls thx. :blush: :crazy: :innocent:

Oh and since you know Kurtz (heh) could you please get the password to their wifi signal for me? I don't have a 3G device and really need to 'borrow' their Wifi the next time I go... pls thx. :blush: :crazy: :innocent:

You know, I'm just brazen enough to send him an email and ask...

I would be so embarrassed if anything on my person rang or made noise, that is a no-no! I'm assuming you made notes, tho?

I actually didn't take any notes. I forgot to bring paper, and my netbook battery was completely dead and I wasn't near a power outlet (plus you're not allowed to type on something that makes a clicking noise). I was able to remember most of what I observed.

You know, I'm just brazen enough to send him an email and ask...

Heh! I really think that's an in-person request. I think the reaction on his face to such a question would be part of the overall 'experience.'

Sorry, my mind is blanking...what weird list that Brad wrote?

If you go up to the sticky with Legal Documents in this forum, scroll down to post #7. There is a link to the affadavits of Nancy's friends. Go to that link and scroll down to page 16 of the pdf document. That is the affadavit of Heather Prichard. She talks about the notes and list that Brad made for himself.

If you go up to the sticky with Legal Documents in this forum, scroll down to post #7. There is a link to the affadavits of Nancy's friends. Go to that link and scroll down to page 16 of the pdf document. That is the affadavit of Heather Prichard. She talks about the notes and list that Brad made for himself.

It's really freaky reading about how they all said she didn't have enough money to take care of the kids when she told people he gave her $300 per week. I believe she told her friends that but still makes me believe she was using this money for pedicures, lunches, etc..and not using it for what she should be using it for.. just sounds like they were on a realistic budget. But reading all these affidavits really makes me feel bad for Nancy... mixed feelings I suppose.
I know we have all discussed this numerous times.. lol

Both my wife and myself have very busy schedules and not uncommon for us to have events scheduled for the same day. We always remind each other, "Don't forget that I am doing X at Y time" When NC *went* running that morning why did BC not remind NC of the tennis event?

How do you know he didn't?

HP Affidavit - Reference BC's List.

Attachments

• HP Affidavit.jpg
    HP Affidavit.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 26
So, is it fine to use my BlackBerry for #coopertrial tweets--provided I have everything on mute? I have an iPad, but it isn't 3G, so I guess it will be worthless inside the courtroom apart from note taking/questions to ask later, etc...

Do we have something similar to a round robin club of trial observers? It would be great to share some "local color" in addition to the WRAL feeds on normal days, but especially on the "dark" days (from the home viewer perspective, anyway), when the undercover officers offer testimony. Those blackout days were tough--thank goodness for Sleuthy Gal--you rock!!

You are correct, however I only know that it has not been mentioned during the deposition or any testimony so far.

I agree with that, but very little of what was said between them is in a deposition. Lots of what was said by her to her friends is though.

I was just listening to the custody deposition. It was the equivalent of having him on the stand for a murder trial. I am surprised at the questioning when it was only supposed to be about whether he was fit to retain custody. So the prosecutors have 7 hours of interview to use for their case and it's doubtful they ever planned to let him keep the kids. They used the custody to get him to talk. Then they indicted him a couple weeks later. I wonder how much contact the prosecutors had with Alice Stubbs. She *was* the prosecutor in a sense, not a divorce attorney.

That's the way it goes. In the custody hearing for Jason Young he refused to give a depo.

It's really freaky reading about how they all said she didn't have enough money to take care of the kids when she told people he gave her $300 per week. I believe she told her friends that but still makes me believe she was using this money for pedicures, lunches, etc..and not using it for what she should be using it for.. just sounds like they were on a realistic budget. But reading all these affidavits really makes me feel bad for Nancy... mixed feelings I suppose.
I know we have all discussed this numerous times.. lol

I don't know that anyone has said that it was $300 except Kurtz. I know one friend said $80. I would suspect that the amount may have been different in different weeks depending on how many bills were due and how much he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni