MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped

A family spokesperson says they are trying to get a reward fund set up, print fliers, and print T-shirts to help with the search efforts.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/search-for-lisa-irwin-comes-to-a-halt#ixzz1aDtkHyD6

Should it make anyone feel better...
over here in Utah... we stopped trying to put print fliers.
After finding out last night that there wasn't fliers for Lisa being put up.

We did print fliers.
We went around for a while earlier to today and put them up.
We are getting ready to leave right now and we will be putting up some more while we are gone. :seeya:
It reminds me there are worse things than in-laws... really...
:banghead:

Then again... don't judge them because of that.
I've done this a few times with other kids... I know the drill.
I have access to my own family business with the equipment to do so.
We also have open accounts at other stores who will do it for us as well (generally free.)
I know where to go where they will allow me to put up the fliers.

We've been to that race in the past, there will be a lot of people there and it's a good place to hand out fliers.

About the fliers, if money is an issue, they can go to Kinko's and, given the situation, they will get at least a discount if not fliers for free. There's a Kinko's at 7201 N. Oak Trafficway. http://www.kudzu.com/m/FedEx-Kinko's-Office-and-Print-Services-19215470

However, she may have been bogged down by the traffic. When we have race weekends here (Talladega and Barbers), we know to avoid certain areas. And in this area, I'm not sure that race fans would be particularly interested in a missing baby...they may accept a flyer, but I'm not sure it would register with them as important. They certainly wouldn't give up their tickets to go search, and it's doubtful they'll look for people sporting a suspicious baby at the race. Many of our fans are not local, so once they leave...well, unless the child is very distinctive looking...however, those race fans may donate $$$ to the effort to finding the child.

one of your quotes from the article was

Michael Lerette, a family spokesman for the parents of the missing infant, said police collected what could be forensic evidence in the case, but authorities have declined to comment on that claim.

so i guess LE and the family have talked today

It just says that police have collected forensic evidence, it doesn't say when they collected it or when family found out it was collected.

That is true, but sometimes people do stupid things when they are scared and trying to protect someone they love. Even if something happened that was an accident... the guilt would consume that person for the rest of their life.

I was pushing my baby brother in a stroller when he was little and the stroller tipped over and he bashed his head. I was only 4... My brother now has severe epilepsy and I always wonder if it was because of the accident.

Could be the boy tried to put down the side of the crib and the baby fell out... who knows.. but, that kitten does seem to mentioned a lot.

Do crib sides even go down anymore? I was looking at the crib and didn't see the hardware that I had on my "old" kids' cribs. I thought I read something about too. I don't know how cribs work anymore. :crazy:

Also, there was mention of the crib mattress being up too high for a 10 month old several posts back. My kids were climbing out of their cribs at 8 or 9 months old with the mattress at its lowest setting, so I just raised it to try to prevent injury. My daughter would actually go climb in her crib when she got irritated with her brother. She couldn't even walk then, but she sure could climb.

MOO-Ever since SY came out and said the parents were not cooperating anymore-this case has gone haywire-what to believe and who to believe have become strangers.I do not know if this family is involved-but I hope Lisa comes home and I hope it is tonight!!

I'm not sure Debbie ever did say she forgot to lock it. It was her husband who said he came home and found the front door unlocked, iirc.

Could have sworn that there was also a statement later published that Debbie said it was the first time she left the door unlocked, which prompted posts about how odd it was she would forget to lock the door for the first time when her husband was working a night shift for the first time. I have to go somewhere so I can't research it right now. Will look later - could be I misunderstood - wouldn't be a first!

Oh. Further on in that Cliff Judy video he says the family told him they did sleep last night. But it's still a family rest day. Just like yesterday.

Meanwhile, the clock keeps tick, tick, ticking every minute for Lisa, and her urgent need to be rescued from her kidnapper.

It just makes no sense.

I'm going to take a break. Be back later.

God bless little Pumpkin Pie. :blowkiss:

I will tell you that for the 4 and a half days we were looking for my father, we took no rest days. My sister and her family and friends in town started in the early mornings, I coordinated with the police at the beginning of each platoon, and made sure they knew what we were planning on doing that day. I was up and on and off the computer and phone before leaving my home for the 2 hour trip to my dad's, and on the cell coordinating with friends and out-of-town family whenever my trains were above ground and receiving a signal. We only stopped at nighttime, but the police never stopped, and kept us apprised.
Our friends were amazing and helped us with leafleting, posting, and searching.
If you have someone you love out there and you don't know where, you don't take a family rest day until they are found. Our searchers ranged from teenaged to in their seventies, too.
There's time enough to rest when you find the one you are searching for, however it turns out. In our case, we took our rest day the day after Dad was found, and planned his funeral the day after.

All I've got is a reporters tweet. I posted it about an hour ago? We don't have LE's confirmation on meetings. Not aware that the Feds confirm that kind of stuff ever. So, We don't know the Fed meetings didn't happen either.

Gosh, just got back from a long walk and saw your post. I think the links on this, at least the ones that I found, don't mention meetings at all. "Talked to" is the phrase I remember. Maybe it's just semantics. I think of meetings as a sit-down together thing. I guess it could be a phone meeting. Anyway, this is my last thought on this. I am starting to wear down here.

It just says that police have collected forensic evidence, it doesn't say when they collected it or when family found out it was collected.

well why is it only seen in the article posted this afternoon talking about LE's "frantic search". i was just trying to be logical, silly me :crazy:

The bit about the kitten was strange to me only because no way could I sleep so soundly with a tiny kitten in the bed, as well as a child, who might roll over on it, for one thing...and not hear people or a person out in my house taking my child and my phones...

I also do not believe the suggestion that the phones were hidden to hide an affair...why would the phones be lined up on a countertop for a curious spouse to examine, and yet when your toddler is gone, your brain reminds me to hide the phones?? If the phones were removed by the family, it was NOT to hide an affair. JMO

I doubt the kitten slept soundly or even in the bed. I doubt the phones were all lined up on the counter. Just sounds like details to embellish a lie, imo.

I'm not sure why it would be better if the dad was involved, vs. the mom...

It wouldn't but it seems the popular opinion is dad is not involved or they both are, just wondering why mom can't catch a break.

Judge Jeanne will broadcast an interview she had with the parents tonight on Fox at 9pm est.

Well the cat is not going to kidnap a baby, that's for sure.

Very true, but a baby will crawl/toddle after a kitten. I wish we knew the extent of baby Lisa's mobility. When is her birthday? Is she closer to 10 months or 11 months of age? Even a few weeks can make a huge difference in developmental milestones like crawling and walking.

Judge Jeanne will broadcast an interview she had with the parents tonight on Fox at 9pm est.

This was taped yesterday, wasn't it?
I doubt it will have anything new, JMO.

Could have sworn that there was also a statement later published that Debbie said it was the first time she left the door unlocked, which prompted posts about how odd it was she would forget to lock the door for the first time when her husband was working a night shift for the first time. I have to go somewhere so I can't research it right now. Will look later - could be I misunderstood - wouldn't be a first!

I think you're right, that's what I remember too.

I wonder though, did Debbie really forget to lock the door, or did she just assume she must have when her husband said it was unlocked? In the panic of a missing child, she could easily get confused.

I'm on the fence, but I notice a lot of posters suspecting the mom. Does anyone think mom is not involved and dad is? I just don't see the mom being involved. Maybe it's false hope on my part.

Not on the fence here. MOO is that neither mom nor dad are involved in the disappearance of little Lisa. Somebody familiar with surroundings/layout/light switches/bedrooms/routines or by somebody who was staking them out waiting for the right moment. There are too many firsts for this to be random.

All I want is for little Lisa to be found and all the "noise" in the media is just that peripheal noise. LE has stated they have no suspects and have not named any POIs. If LE suspected mom and/or dad they would have been named as suspects by now in my opinion

Could be the boy tried to put down the side of the crib and the baby fell out... who knows.. but, that kitten does seem to mentioned a lot.

BBM

Here on WS, yes......but as far as I know he/she was only mentioned briefly in one interview by Deborah.

Do crib sides even go down anymore? I was looking at the crib and didn't see the hardware that I had on my "old" kids' cribs. I thought I read something about too. I don't know how cribs work anymore. :crazy:

Also, there was mention of the crib mattress being up too high for a 10 month old several posts back. My kids were climbing out of their cribs at 8 or 9 months old with the mattress at its lowest setting, so I just raised it to try to prevent injury. My daughter would actually go climb in her crib when she got irritated with her brother. She couldn't even walk then, but she sure could climb.

Technically you aren't even supposed to sell a drop-side crib at yard sale for an infant's use, and they are no longer sold in stores. New cribs don't have drop sides. Some families used hand-me downs.
I did use a H-M-D with my baby(years ago) - my very own babyhood, fling my self-out-of crib with prominent acorn FINIALS. It was handsome and made of maple, but supposedly finials on a crib were decided to be the equivalent of a "johnny flaming human torch" Halloween costume and banned by my son's day.
Both I and my brother and my son escaped bursting into flames from the finials, or whatever deadly hanging crib of doom death they were supposedly causing all over the place.

Was that a rant? I think it was a rant. Anyway, another poster commented on the raised height of the mattress as a hazard on Lisa's crib. I think it does raise the possibility that Lisa in a moment of adventure might try getting out of the crib.

Very true, but a baby will crawl/toddle after a kitten. I wish we knew the extent of baby Lisa's mobility. When is her birthday? Is she closer to 10 months or 11 months of age? Even a few weeks can make a huge difference in developmental milestones like crawling and walking.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/0...-exclusive-interview-with-baby-lisas-parents/

Judge Jeanine then says, “Lisa’s 10 months old?” And Deborah emotionally replies,
“She’ll be eleven months old the eleventh, and her birthday is next month [crying].”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak