17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there's the time Wolfinger refused to fire an assistant state attorney after he pleaded guilty to drunken driving, outraging MADD.

Driving Drunk Won't Cost Prosecutor Job

Members of Mothers Against Drunk Driving expressed shock that Counts was not fired after pleading guilty Jan. 26 in Orlando to his second DUI charge in eight years.

''I do not condone or excuse his actions for any reason,'' Wolfinger said. ''But he was not treated any differently than anyone else. He did not receive special consideration from the courts and was punished by this office.''

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1986-03-14/news/0200440222_1_wolfinger-bar-counts
You seemed to have left this part out:
''DUI nowadays is treated as a very serious offense,'' he said. ''So, of course, the Bar treats it seriously.''

Wolfinger asked another prosecutor, Seminole Assistant State Attorney Joe Flood, to resign in January 1985 after he was arrested and charged with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.

That case was different, Wolfinger said, because Flood had been thrown out of a Sanford bar twice on the night of the arrest, hit two cars in the parking lot and left. Police later stopped and arrested him.

Then there's the time Wolfinger refused to fire an assistant state attorney after he pleaded guilty to drunken driving, outraging MADD.

Driving Drunk Won't Cost Prosecutor Job

Members of Mothers Against Drunk Driving expressed shock that Counts was not fired after pleading guilty Jan. 26 in Orlando to his second DUI charge in eight years.

''I do not condone or excuse his actions for any reason,'' Wolfinger said. ''But he was not treated any differently than anyone else. He did not receive special consideration from the courts and was punished by this office.''

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1986-03-14/news/0200440222_1_wolfinger-bar-counts

We can spend thread after thread bashing this guy. He is off the case, though.

I also don't get why everyone thinks it is so nefarious that members of GZ's family may have been at the station that night. That is often SOP. My dad and brother are defense attorneys. They were often receiving calls from FAMILY MEMBERS of the accused and would meet them at the police stations where the suspects were being interviewed. And family members are almost always interviewed at the start too. Where was your son that night? When did you last speak to him? Did he know thw victim as far as you know?

I don't find it that unusual that family might be with them at the station.

Are you saying it's common for a suspect to speak to his family before or during an interrogation?

Everytime something new comes out about this case, i keep saying "This is will be the final straw that breaks all his credibility, and everytime i am wrong. What else is needed¿??

A video-taped confession???

Even then, there'd be people who will say that it is alteted. To me, this was a lock from the start, but now its not fair to debate.

Everytime something new comes out about this case, i keep saying "This is will be the final straw that breaks all his credibility, and everytime i am wrong. What else is needed¿??

Even then, there'd be people who will say that it is alteted. To me, this was a lock from the start, but now its not fair to debate.

Video taped confession of what? Zimmerman admitted right away he shot Martin. He claims he did it in self-defense.

You seemed to have left this part out:

So I guess you have to leave the scene of an accident in order to get fired. Clarence Counts blew a .22. A point-two-two. It was his second conviction. He gets to keep his job -- which is........prosecuting other people for the crimes they allegedly committed! If that doesn't spell OLD BOYS NETWORK..I don't know what does.

He was watching a suspicious male that he didn't recognize in a gated community. Trayvon was obviously acting suspicious or Zimmerman would have gone on to Target. He reported him - just like he'd reported 6 BM's before. Judging from George's history in dealing with suspicious individuals in the gated community, I don't buy that GZ purposely stalked, chased, or followed Trayvon in an effort to kill him. He'd never done anything like this before...he only called and waited. I think he was watching him, trying not to lose "sight" of him in an effort to let police know where Trayvon went....which should have been home.

Zimmerman has a busted nose and a gash on his head - why go through that when you're out just trying to pop a cap off in a black kid? The victim, IMO, is George Zimmerman. I believe TM hid and then followed GZ, who was on his way back to his truck and confronted him.

JMO
IMO GZ had enough. You're right - he never did anything like thise before when he reported and that is probably why "they always get away". GZ decided that night that this one wasn't going to get away. And he didn't.

JMHO

Are you saying it's common for a suspect to speak to his family before or during an interrogation?

No, not to speak TO the suspect. But they often speak to the investigators and they often meet with the attorneys who may choose to go to the station to shut down the interviews. And they may be able to speak with them afterwards, and usually it is taped and the cops LOVE that. They sometimes set that up on purpose.

So I guess you have to leave the scene of an accident in order to get fired. Clarence Counts blew a .22. A point-two-two. It was his second conviction. He gets to keep his job -- which is........prosecuting other people for the crimes they allegedly committed! If that doesn't spell OLD BOYS NETWORK..I don't know what does.
And this was back in 1986. Was that as big of a deal back then as it is today? I mean, look at Ted Kennedy.

Alcoholism is considered an illness according to state and federal employment guidelines. An employee cannot be fired just for a DUI unless they are DRIVING for a living. And second chances are almost always given under most instances.

1. We have asked that posters stop referring to other cases & to the civil rights figures who have become involved with this case.

2. We have asked that everyone provide links whenever possible to MSM reports to back up statements and support inferences.

3. It is never ok to post wild assumptions, or to deliberately mis-state facts, or to be rude to other posters, here or on any thread at WS.

Review the opening post please. The mods have been quite patient & have given plenty of reminders. TOs are ready to be deployed.

Where this post lands is random.

I'm bumping this because it is such a good post that I want to be sure it stays fresh in everyone's mind.

Your welcome,

Salem

An eye witness to the entire event would be helpful. Unfortunately, the only eye witness to the entire event that can tell his side of the story is GZ. Right now, all the so-called "evidence" against GZ isn't actually evidence. To the best of my knowledge, audio and/or video that has been "enhanced" by the media, the musings of "experts" who have been hired by the media, transcripts that have been "edited" by the media, and the opinions of family and/or friends who weren't actually present during the confrontation are not evidence. And that's pretty much all we've got at this point.

This case turns into more of a circus each day. And we don't need a circus. We need a serious investigation that is not tainted or influenced by the media hijinks swirling around it.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

According to the SPD following someone and asking them questions is considered stalking and can result in an arrest. This is exactly what Zimmerman did to Trayvon. If this law applies to any SPD employees then I certainly hope that it also applies to any person that is also being stalked.

MOO

Last week the media was accused of stalking and threatened with arrest if the did not stop! Freedom of the press isn't allowed in Sanford, I guess.

I don't think there would be anything unusual or out of place if GZ was allowed to make a phone call and he called his father.

We can spend thread after thread bashing this guy. He is off the case, though.

But he was ON the case on 2/26 when he made the decision not to charge GZ. And then recused himself due to "a conflict of interest". So it's all relative, IMO.

He was watching a suspicious male that he didn't recognize in a gated community. Trayvon was obviously acting suspicious or Zimmerman would have gone on to Target. He reported him - just like he'd reported 6 BM's before. Judging from George's history in dealing with suspicious individuals in the gated community, I don't buy that GZ purposely stalked, chased, or followed Trayvon in an effort to kill him. He'd never done anything like this before...he only called and waited. I think he was watching him, trying not to lose "sight" of him in an effort to let police know where Trayvon went....which should have been home.

Zimmerman has a busted nose and a gash on his head - why go through that when you're out just trying to pop a cap off in a black kid? The victim, IMO, is George Zimmerman. I believe TM hid and then followed GZ, who was on his way back to his truck and confronted him.

JMO

911 Dispatcher asked him are you following and Zimmerman said yes, what other proof do you need? He admitted it himself. Why didn't Zimmerman say hey I'm on the phone with 911 and they are on their way?

Taaffe:
Nancy I've been hit in the nose before

NG: I'm sure

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm lost, why is NG being rude to Taffe - I don't watch much anymore. TIA

JMO
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads