Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Much more revealing, much more difficult to explain, was Mr. Rafferty’s rabbit-like behaviour after he purportedly got the shock of his life on April 8."

Maybe he thought he was the easter bunny ....

If a person had a record as a young offender, is it automatically sealed or erased. Do they need to apply to have it removed from their record? Not saying MR had a record, just looking for info.
So many questions to ask the COs tomorrow. :)

Good question. I assume no one is privy to that information. Too bad.

<modsnip>

I am curious as to what happens next, more witnesses? What chapter is next? Should we assume that the defense is next?

I really am curious as to see what witnesses he brings forth. His mother?

I have mixed feelings; I think some people are just "born bad" although others it is nurture or combination. He may have been "off" his entire life for all we know so would like to give "nurture" the benefit of the doubt as typically the first victims for some of these criminals are ppl close to them. JMO

"Much more revealing, much more difficult to explain, was Mr. Rafferty’s rabbit-like behaviour after he purportedly got the shock of his life on April 8.

As he confessed in the “About me” Facebook section, “I wear my heart on my sleve and sometimes that can be my downfall.”

No dear: That wasn’t your heart on your sleeve, or rather sleve: It was a picture of your exceptionally busy penis.

Well, everyone does react differently to being horrified."

Christie Blatchford strikes again... I wish she she was a prosecutor.

Oh no! Blatchford didn`t use the penis word did she.... I am rollin over laughing. That thing likely has more miles on it than his car!

If he did rape Tori, do you think the reason why his dating activity after the 8th might have to do with the fact that he wanted to get rid of the image of what he did, just like a rape victim would take a hot shower after to get the dirty out?

If he did rape Tori, do you think the reason why his dating activity after the 8th might have to do with the fact that he wanted to get rid of the image of what he did, just like a rape victim would take a hot shower after to get the dirty out?

or....the alternate; maybe the rape made him ravenous for more sex. JMO Or to throw LE off; see I like women not little girls. Or...this was just more wierd MTR and how he is. JMO

I think that it's weird that he would say that he thought police blamed him for the disappearance of Tori all along knowing that he was to blame. I just don't understand how some people <modsnip> can just gloss over that and say there is nothing wrong with MTR.

Bbm, just jmo, I haven't seen that. Jmo

Bbm, just jmo, I haven't seen that. Jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty
I think that it's weird that he would say that he thought police blamed him for the disappearance of Tori all along knowing that he was to blame. I just don't understand how some people <modsnip> can just gloss over that and say there is nothing wrong with MTR.

Well maybe you haven't, but I have as I'm sure alot others have noticed. But the point is, there is no excuse for his behavior, but <modsnip> people seem to think it is normal. The above example I noted is just one example of many.

Good question. I assume no one is privy to that information. Too bad.

It is supposed to be confidential, but is not destroyed, still exists for LE and crowns, judges etc to see. It cannot be brought up in trials. Iirc

She really sums him up well.

I would venture to say that most pre-teen children are more together than he is, in terms of responsibility and accountability. Honestly, he's like a 4-year old in a man's body. No judgment, no impulse control, no concept that anyone else exists but him. There was a line about the Norway mass murderer that reminded me of him - "The only tears he shed were for himself."

Personality wise, he seems to be on the same rung of the evolutionary ladder as TLM, with the one key difference being that he cares deeply about his image, whereas she has no illusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty

Well maybe you haven't, but I have as I'm sure alot others have noticed. But the point is, there is no excuse for his behavior, but "some" people seem to think it is normal. The above example I noted is just one example of many.

I understand how you feel. Jmo, I don't think his behavior is normal at all. Jmo

Especially scary, since we have heard that MTR was mad that Tori was too old.

Had MTR done bad things before?

One wonders, especially if they seen those pictures from one of his social media accounts, that has him holding the little girl at the wedding, and her body language and facial expressions are such, that you KNOW she does NOT want to be with him AT ALL.

JMO

I do wonder. Especially in light of the fact most who are finally caught are older with a trail of victims a mile long. In that respect Rafferty would be a newbie.

So, this article says Rafferty changed his Facebook Profile status and THEN searched for AL, his ex-gf.

So, if he updated his status just after 10 am, and he searched AL just after 7 am, according to the pic I posted upthread, then, I would presume that the time difference would be because the record for the AL search was for 7 am, California Time (as per FB headquarters).

Otherwise, something is incorrect with this information.

Tori Stafford trial: Rafferty told Facebook ahead of murder that 'good' things were coming

Read more:

During cross-examination, Waldron agreed that after Rafferty updated his status on April 8, he had performed a search for an ex-girlfriend on the website. He and Alexis Lane had broken up the week before.

"We certainly don't know what was in his head (in the status update) but we certainly know he was searching for Alexis Lane," said his lawyer Dirk Derstine.

Waldron also noted Rafferty and McClintic were not Facebook friends

Read more: http://www.canada.com/life/Tori+Sta...+were+coming/6479522/story.html#ixzz1sRicvyG4

not sure but don't think you can take rentals over the border; if that is relevent. MOO

I have rented vehicles in the U.S. as a Canadian. Brought them back over from the U.S. same day i rented only to leave for the U.S. a few days later. All paperwork in order from the rental. I really expected a hassle the first time i did it crossing back to the U.S. Started to explain on the U.S. side Hertz had a great rental deal with unlimited mileage etc. which i couldn't get in Canada. That trip alone saved me huge. Border guy seemed to be very aware and cut me off with the explanation. He got it LOL

I think he's trying to keep the jury focused on what TLM did so they won't focus on the rape and the evidence.

Absolutely. That's his job as a Defense Attorney. I wouldn't expect anything less than spin.

So, this article says Rafferty changed his Facebook Profile status and THEN searched for AL, his ex-gf.

So, if he updated his status just after 10 am, and he searched AL just after 7 am, according to the pic I posted upthread, then, I would presume that the time difference would be because the record for the AL search was for 7 am, California Time (as per FB headquarters).

Otherwise, something is incorrect with this information.

pic 29 shows that his IP address was traced at 10 est, which is 7 pst....He updated then looked for AL at 10 EST

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/18/19650476.html#next

Like a lot of the Crown presentation........I really don't think it will matter either way.....because I think the defense will concede MR cleaned up the murder scene and tried to appear uninvolved with the crime thereafter.

If MR deleted the data because he was hiding evidence or sending his phone away and didn't know if he would get it back.........is neither here nor there, if the defense admits his participation in the cleanup etc.

All those women he met after the crime, trips shopping, planned trips to the US, phone calls, clothing,.......may be reprehensible conduct, but are all meaningless if he admits to participating in the cleanup etc.

The Crown spent a lot of time trying to prove things they probably won't have to prove.........and already know this..........but they still have to proceed in full anyways, because they can't be sure what the defense will do, until they do it.

Personally, I don't think we have heard the last of a target abduction.

There was lots of information available from news media reports from that time, and I would think Mr.Derstine will make full use of the information contained in them.

Derstine has no restraints placed on him from website TOS, publication bans, or hurt feelings. He can use any resources he needs to defend his client.

I would not be surprised that when the defense takes over................

The gloves come off.............

JMO...............

Agree and I do believe we will see the Derstine dripping attack and sarcasm. He doesn't need to jump up and argue/object right now. That would only drive the Crowns points home further to the Jurors. I dont doubt his position will be my Client is a this he is a that but not a child raping murderer and off he goes. Like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd