LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are everywhere around here (Acadiana). EVERYWHERE. By rumors I mean unsubstantiated information, I'm not saying these posters are lying.

I honestly believe they have heard these things they are saying but whether what they heard originated in fact is a different story. I don't think they mean harm, just sharing what they have heard.

Personally I have heard a few rumors myself, the only one which seems to have some fact in it was about RM being questioned. The other rumors have yet to be verified or ruled out.

Police confirm Rocky Mcgee interviewed in Shunick case

http://www.theind.com/news/10633-police-confirm-rocky-mcgee-interviewed-in-shunick-case

The fisherman may not want to talk to media, sure. But to other fisherman? Really? Why don't one of you go down to the store in Boutte la roe and ask them who were the fisherman who found the bike?

Wonder if there is any chance that RM and a buddy are the "fishermen" reported as finding the bike? Probably not ... I just remember someone saying that some related Facebook had pics of him and a buddy with a fish catch, so it brought that to mind.

Maybe the fishermen didn't want to come forward? IIRC, they called the bike into a tip line. They did not call 911, and savor the limelight. Maybe they just wanted to stay out of the public's eye for personal reasons.

I think tips that are called into a tip line are confidential, for the safety of the witnesses. IMO

Also, I was quoted upthread as saying that I had been part of the searches. This is another case of the wonky quotes today, because I have never been on a search. I don't even live in LA.

Mod Note:

From here on - any poster who continues to post "inside info" claiming it as FACT will have their posting privileges suspended immediately. Time Out time. Done with the perpetuating of rumors here, folks.

Gas station did have cams but they only showed their parking lot.

Good lord. I don't understand the bullying attitude.

I don't think it is bullying. I think it is frustration. The poster has been cautioned several times that you cannot state "facts" without having a source from main stream media. That if you can't source it, you need to be sure you say it's rumor.

And it just keeps on getting posted as a "fact" that she is in on, and the rest of us is not.

AND, were they (the searchers) told NOT to talk to anyone about the info they were given? Just wondering if this isn't why people are talking, because they weren't told by law enforcement not to?

As a searcher, I have never been told ANYTHING by LE. LE are sometimes on the scene, but they have never spoken directly to us. Obviously, it's understood that we wouldn't go and blast all over FB if/when any of us found any evidence, or anything that would hinder the investigation. But no, no one swore us to secrecy. We are just volunteers. There was no contract or anything like that. People DO like to talk and if they have something to say, they are gonna say it. For those who don't have anything to say, it's b/c we really don't know.

Honestly, there is a reason Mickey didn't take her origional route. I can't put my finger on what the reason would have been. However, if that was not her normal route, then we have something, or someone else that she may have been riding toward. Now, what?

I thought it was determined she was taking the normal route. This google map link provided yesterday is with the biking option selected from the area of friend's home to her home. google map link:
http://tinyurl.com/7nr4jak

Good lord. I don't understand the bullying attitude.

I'm not bullying. I'm trying to get clarification. The poster has been told over and over that rumours are not allowed. They offered to post a link, but haven't done it. We can't chase after every rumour we hear.

Thread is closed and under review.

Please wait on a moderator to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Continue at the new thread...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8000205#post8000205"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members