Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I remember from an Arizona criminal trial a while back. I've wracked my brain & cannot remember which one it was, however (doesn't matter, other that driving me crazy due to my lack of memory). I watched that one, as I am the Arias trial, on IS....

Yes, trials (at least criminal or murder trials) are in session from Tues--Fri. Monday is a "paperwork-" type day, and time is used for hearing discussions with the principals, without the jury present, etc., etc., so that, as much as possible, jury time won't be wasted.

I thought it was Tues through Thurs?

There's your answer above. :) It starts at 1030 MST

After listening to the opening statements, this is how I think the defense will try to "explain" the events of the murder, as they have set things up to fit the following scenario:

-JA dropped the camera while TA was in the shower
-TA lunged out of the shower at her, enraged
-JA, fearing for her life, ran down the hall and into the bedroom
-TA continued toward her, verbally threatening to kill her
-JA picks up the knife which was lying near/on the bed
-JA stabs him repeatedly trying to fight him off. He goes down. (This explains the blood in the bedroom hallway)
- Seeing his injuries, she tried to then help him by dragging him into the bathroom (I know, this makes no sense, but you have to explain the "dragging the body" photo)
-In the bathroom, he "revives" miraculously, and she again fears for her life
-She runs to her purse and gets the gun
-She runs back and shoots him to make sure he can't get up and attack her again

Why did she have a gun in her purse? She brought as protection for herself while driving alone on her trip from CA to UT

Why was the knife so conveniently handy? Because TA had tied her up during their previous sex play and used the knife to cut the "rope" (aka upholstery tassles)

Sorry for being so graphic, but I didn't know how else to phrase what I think the defense will attempt to portray.

This is going to be quite a challenge for the defense, IMO. I wonder if anyone can show that the camera was, in fact, mechanically damaged, as in by being dropped onto tile. If not, how will they explain the lack of damage?

I bet you are right!

JMO, it's going to come down to a simple question. Did Jodi kill Travis due to her rage or her fear?

I think that it won't take a rocket scientist to see that she didn't kill out of fear. A person who is afraid does not continue to stab, slit throats and use a gun on a person. They incapacitate the aggressor and RUN.

Well it could depends on how ruff it may or may not have been and also on possible experimentation on Travis's part.

I see your point but the use of lubricant implies that he was trying not to hurt her or that she allowed it to be used. Rapists or sexual deviants do not typically
use lube.

I got to watch the openings in full today and I have to be honest.. the defense theory strikes me as really, really ridiculous. For me unless they come up with some Cirque du Soleil tricks and flips during the trial, there is no reasonable doubt and no doubt at all of her premeditated first degree guilt. Who knows though, maybe her lawyers will bring in flying pigs and will solve world peace while they're at it.

Well it could depends on how ruff it may or may not have been and also on possible experimentation on Travis's part.

Hi, Manzana. That seems relevant, but I still haven't heard that Travis was making more than the kind of crude joke that sexual partners sometimes make.

It's also certainly possible that Jodi, as the more sexually experienced of the two, brought up this variation (if it ever happened) or that the two, like other fundamentalists, regarded this as an alternative, not a variation of sexual intercourse.

Please point me to one post that claims Travis could not control himself. If you can't, I would appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth or others. You are distorting what posters he have said.

I have not read all the posts from the beginning. Just started reading last week but I would really like to know if there is any proof that Travis was in any way controlling of her or is this just coming from JA. It seems as if we are becoming a society that feels the need to blame the victims for the crimes against them.

So if it's just speculation I wish others could make it clear when they post. Eventually I will catch up but anything coming from JA's side I would never believe. As far as lying, I believe she has outdone KC. jmo

I noticed this too. I am shocked Shes not in tons of makeup. Initially I thought it was because her prison did not allow makeup so she couldn't wear it to court but then why would she have her nails done?
SOmeone earlier said that it could be that she got some colored pencils and moistened them and did it....

It's going to be a long trial, I have a feeling she'll show up with a variety of hairdos, outfits, and accessories. However she chooses to present herself, she'll still be the same cold-blooded murderer.

So, how did the knife get in the bathroom? This defense is a circus. JA murdered Travis in cold blood because she was a jealous stalker!

I don't think that the presence of KY is going to make any difference whatsoever. Many people use KY in their sexual lives and there isn't anything deviant about it. I was just wondering what the reason was and if I was missing something. KY in itself wouldn't change anything in this case, in my opinion.

I think that it won't take a rocket scientist to see that she didn't kill out of fear. A person who is afraid does not continue to stab, slit throats and use a gun on a person. They incapacitate the aggressor and RUN.

especially with so many stab wounds to his back and very few actual defense wounds.

I see your point but the use of lubricant implies that he was trying not to hurt her or that she allowed it to be used. Rapists or sexual deviants do not typically
use lube.

I don't want to be too graphic, so I will try to choose my words wisely.

Lubricant is used for vaginal dryness. Dryness can come from several things, but I would assume that a young couple who used lubrication would be using it because of long/extended periods of sexual intercourse when lubrication was not being produced by the female. It also can be used for anal intercourse as well as a male using the lubricant on himself if no sexual partner was available. I don't have knowledge as to whether rapists use lubricant or not. Do you have a link where you got this information?

I don't think that the presence of KY is going to make any difference whatsoever. Many people use KY in their sexual lives and there isn't anything deviant about it. I was just wondering what the reason was and if I was missing something. KY in itself wouldn't change anything in this case, in my opinion.

I never used the word deviant or implied that, it was said in court that Jodie introduced Travis to it, possibly for her and possibly for him, he would not be the first guy who had a female use a vibrator on him, depending on how far their sexual games may have gone, it could have an impact. MOO

The seriousness of sins in the Mormon church according to the witness Marie Hall is in an order. The most serious sin being to (1) deny the Holy Spirit, (2) then to murder, (3) and then, still very serious, to have sex either before marriage or in adultery.

The reason I think she needs to get the DP is because I believe she would be happy in prison. By happy I mean she would be among other people. On death row it is solitary confinement.

I never used the word deviant or implied that, it was said in court that Jodie introduced Travis to it, possibly for her and possibly for him, he would not be the first guy who had a female use a vibrator on him, depending on how far their sexual games may have gone, it could have an impact. MOO

Whoah...where did the vibrator thing come from?

I completely understand what you are saying about the KY. What I am not understanding is HOW it would make an impact. That's all. We already know that they were sexually active and that they had sex often. HOW does the KY play in? That was my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member