VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

From the article above:
Police believe she returned to her home Wednesday but did not go to work Thursday. Namiranian’s vehicle was located at her residence, and there was no indication that she planned to leave. There was no sign of a break-in to her home, nor any sign of a struggle inside.

She apparently left with her purse and cell phone, police said.

<snip>

Horowitz said there doesn’t appear to be any activity on Namiranian’s bank accounts or credit cards since she disappeared.

So... why did she leave the house with her purse and phone, but not her car? And when - Wednesday night, or Thursday morning?

Did she go for a walk? Did somebody pick her up?

Can LE get her phone records to see calls made/received right before she disappeared? If I went to a loved one's house and found her car there, but her phone and purse missing, my first thought would be that someone picked her up, which would likely involve a phone call.

Wow, this is very weird -- my husband knows her. Said she's very smart and very nice. Was supposed to be on a conference call with her next week.

I have contacted all of the major, abc,cbs and nbc tv stations in Richmond. Several have been wonderful and even posted it on their facebooks! I have not seen an update in a few days and this is a bad sign. How anyone heard anything new? Where are you Leyla? Everyone who has said they know her speaks highly of her!!!

Wow, this is very weird -- my husband knows her. Said she's very smart and very nice. Was supposed to be on a conference call with her next week.

Has your husband heard anything about her???

http://wtvr.com/2012/04/08/police-canvas-southside-area-woman-missing-since-thursday/

"In fact most say they hardly ever saw her coming and going and that she didn&#8217;t socialize much in the community. Neighbors claim she moved in five years ago with her husband but that for the past several months she&#8217;s lived alone."

"But that&#8217;s not discouraging Chesterfield police from looking for other clues. Several neighbors claimed the police have had a presence all weekend at the home."

Has your husband heard anything about her???

No -- he was just asking me if I'd heard anything. Just friends and colleagues expressing shock and disbelief.

I'm amazed there isn't more about it in the media.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...merge-on-missing-midlothian-woman-ar-1833103/

Published: April 11, 2012 Updated: April 11, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Details emerge on missing Midlothian woman

snipped:

The next day, Babak said, he called her brother, who lives in Italy, to tell him that she was missing, and the brother told Babak that he had talked to her April 1 and that she had met a man online and was planning to meet him.

(Babak is her ex husband, they have been divorced 3 yrs per article)

Police Lt. Randy Horowitz said Friday that Namiranian had not been seen since she was leaving work Wednesday about 6:30 p.m. and that she apparently returned home that day but didn't go to work Thursday.

Horowitz also said Friday that Namiranian's vehicle was found outside her home and that there was no indication she planned to leave and no sign of a break-in at the home or of a struggle inside. Her purse and cellphone were missing, but there didn't appear as of Friday to be any activity on her bank accounts or credit cards since she disappeared.

Police Seek Missing Woman

http://www.chesterfield.gov/m_Display.aspx?id=8589941734

Leyla-Namiranian-DMV-Photo.jpg

Finally, a little more info! Thanks kat for posting this.

Leyla Namiranian had met a man online and was planning to meet him in person before she disappeared last week, her ex-husband said Tuesday.

I assume LE is looking into this - checking her computer, phone, etc. I hope-hope-hope that she just decided to take a little break, go on a little adventure... and will be home soon, safe and sound. But this seems to be so far out of the ordinary for this hard-working woman that I fear for her safety.

Thanks Kat. I am glad to have some more details. I can not find a facebook for her.
I am curious to know more about the man she met.
The articles are saying two things - they she has been divorced for years but her neighbors have said just moved out 5 months ago.
Not that I am saying the ex is involved but just want to get these facts straight.
I am going to have some free time tonight and tomorrow and am going to see what I can find online.
I do also hope she just took time away but it seems she had close ties to friends, family and her job.

It seems very odd that she would tell her ex-husband she was going to met a man she met online.

I would think IF the story was true, she would have called a friend to let them know she was meeting a man she met online.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/17382088/chesterfield-woman-missing-one-week

Updated: Apr 11, 2012 1:49 PM

(Video at link)

Namiranian's brother says he spoke to her the Sunday before she vanished, according to the Richmond Times Dispatch. The paper reports that Namiranian's brother told her ex-husband that she was planning to meet up with a man she met online. Namiranian's ex-husband, Babak Namiranian, in Washington state had called her brother in Italy, informing him of her disappearance, according to the paper.

ETA: there are 2 video's you can see at the link posted above in post # 13.

I think the fact that she told her ex about meeting a man online IS strange. I do want to know how long has it been since he moved out.
I feel like my thoughts are just running in circles about Leyla because there hasn't been much information.
I am glad to see the locals stations, especially NBC12 since they are the best running the story every few days.
They did say her facebook had gone to private since she disappeared. Who changed it I wonder..

Wait, I thought it said she told her brother, and he told the ex-husband, no?

She lives in my neighborhood. It has been kept extremely quiet. No search parties. Very little updates on the news. Our neighborhood association hasn't even mentioned it. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back