17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't, sorry. But a link to the article that talked about it was posted earlier today. I don't know if it mentioned when the account was made, but it did mention it was used as late as April 11 (I assume this year) before it was cancelled.
Then why would you believe that a stupidly-chosen MySpace name implies racism? If you do a Google search, you will find many others that use the same term in various usernames. I would think that if he actually harbored a resentment towards that race, his naming conventions would be less on the facetious side of things.

I honestly think this is being stretched pretty hard, just like the media tried to do the same with Martin's twitter account.

and why GZ would call the SA and not follow his lawyers advice etc. GZ does not believe he has done anything wrong. He believes he is a good, law abiding person who has acted in the best interest of his community and even though he had to kill someone, he was performing his "duties" and Trayvon "interfered" or did not acquiesce to his authority and so his death was his own fault.

He may be delusional, self absobed or just a product of his upbringing but I honestly don't think he really feels any true guilt about what happened or that there is anything wrong with following someone with a gun just because of what's going on in your own head even though they aren't doing anything objectively suspicious.

His other family members sounded similarly insensitive to the consequences of GZ's actions and intensely focused on their own mistreatment by the public and the authorities. Even his friend Frank says AC "sold us out" or something like that. These seem like people who feel they occupy a special place in the community, a higher place and are deserving of the public's respect and the benefit of every doubt. Just like Frank keeps talking about all the black burglars to justify what GZ did. None of these people seem to have used what happened as an opportunity to critically review whether what they are advocating is a good idea or whether maybe this armed vigilante patrolling may be a tad problematic.

BBM

Would be very interesting to know exactly what he meant by that. That is a very bizarre thing to say. How can you be sold out by a prosecutor?

Sometimes I want to scream when they don't ask followup and pointed questions in response to the things people like Taafe say. :banghead:

JMHO

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

The news story was allowed today because it was in MSM. Please reread the rules if you are not familiar with them.

Someone deposited 300.00 into GZ's jail acct. The balance was 18.16 earlier this morning.

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/InmateInfo.aspx?bkgnbr=201200004452

OT I wonder if NG will give America a daily rundown of the accused's expenditures this time around. As if it matters... LOLZ!

moo

wm

Yesterday he bought a peanut butter sandwich, sure hope he enjoyed it. (I thought of Nancy and how she used to give us the rundown on CA's purchases when I read that!). Definitely looked like he is planning on being there for a while!! I'm sure Daddy will keep his account full, I think he's been taking care of him financially since he has never held a job for very long.

Back to crime in the area. I found this while googling for info. Of course they don't say where they got their info but this sounds like an outrageous amount of calls outs. By earlier reports GZ only called in 46 times in past 7-8 yrs so sounds like so I guess others were calling too..... ??

The answer may lie in police records, which show that 50 suspicious-person reports were called in to police in the past year at Twin Lakes. There were eight burglaries, nine thefts and one other shooting in the year prior to Trayvon’s death.

In all, police had been called to the 260-unit complex 402 times from Jan. 1, 2011 to Feb. 26, 2012.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...-martin-shooter-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy

Then why would you believe that a stupidly-chosen MySpace name implies racism? If you do a Google search, you will find many others that use the same term in various usernames. I would think that if he actually harbored a resentment towards that race, his naming conventions would be less on the facetious side of things.

I honestly think this is being stretched pretty hard, just like the media tried to do the same with Martin's twitter account.

Because GZ is an adult? Racism is not something to be joked about in this country. Adults are responsible for their decisions. He made a poor choice in putting that nickname on his MS page. That was not a wise thing for him to do.

TM was a TEENAGER. Their brains are not fully formed yet. They make a lot of stupid decisions and judgments that they learn from to become an adult. We are talking about two different brains here, two different sets of responsibilities.

GZ can speak for himself, TM cannot. Ever think maybe there were ugly, hurtful comments made to his twitter and the parents just couldn't bear it anymore. To know one is to be one.
And I believe his account was deleted after he was arrested. I'm not objected to Martin's family deleting his account, just as I'm not objected to Zimmerman's deleting his.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

Why is expected that TM was supposed to be all gracious and cordial to GZ?

Because it takes two to escalate the conversation to the point where someone lays a hand on the other person. Both parties should have tried to diffuse the situation. Sorry if you dont agree, but I blame both parties for chest puffing and not backing down, based on the current evidence. Still I dont think a crime was committed until someone touched the other person.

We DO know that the non 911 dispatcher told George twice that the Police are on their way:

Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything else, okay?
George Zimmerman: Just get an officer over here.
Dispatcher: Yeah, we've got them on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
GZ: Okay.

and

Dispatcher: What's the phone number you're calling from?
George Zimmerman: ***-***-****
Dispatcher: Alright George, we do have them on the way, did you want to meet with the officers when they get out there?
George Zimmerman: Yeah

Its all in George's phone call.

Because GZ is an adult? Racism is not something to be joked about in this country. Adults are responsible for their decisions. He made a poor choice in putting that nickname on his MS page. That was not a wise thing for him to do.

TM was a TEENAGER. Their brains are not fully formed yet. They make a lot of stupid decisions and judgments that they learn from to become an adult. We are talking about two different brains here, two different sets of responsibilities.
But how is it racism? You're begging the question. Zimmerman having that MySpace nickname does not imply that he thought his race was superior to that of any others. It means he had a stupid MySpace nickname.

Well, yesterday I got a little bit excited thinking about another summer trial. Then, I thought, no, two trials coming up. All ready to order the :popcorn: but remembered the FCA civil trial is not till Jan 2013. And MOM stated something about a year of prep for this trial. So :waiting: maybe a long wait for justice. And maybe no doc dumps either with records sealed.:eek:
JMO, MOO

Because it takes two to escalate the conversation to the point where someone lays a hand on the other person. Both parties should have tried to diffuse the situation. Sorry if you dont agree, but I blame both parties for chest puffing and not backing down, based on the current evidence. Still I dont think a crime was committed until someone touched the other person.

No when one of those people have a GUN. Guns don't have to touch a person to hurt them, just have the trigger pulled. This wasn't a fist fight. This was one person with a gun confronting another person. The person with the gun is the one who chooses to pull the trigger. TM could not make GZ shoot him. And how is TM supposed to a defuse a gun in his face?

Wonder how many others with similar names on a Google search have actually murdered an innocent kid?

~jmo~

But how is it racism? You're begging the question. Zimmerman having that MySpace nickname does not imply that he thought his race was superior to that of any others. It means he had a stupid MySpace nickname.

No, but it implies that he didn't care if he was offending anyone, and maybe even hoped he offended a certain race by using it. No one uses a nickname like that unless they are trying to be offensive.

Thank you! You're absolutely right, GZ was the adult here and Trayvon, although not a young child, was still growing and learning about the world. I didn't appreciate this beforehand but totally agree. Thank you for bringing that to light for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10