SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

I wouldn't think that the leopard print blouse would be what she would wear at her work its more like what she would have worn the night out the previous night. My question is was she still wearing this when found, if not I would say she had made it home after paying her bill and was most likely dressed for work. either way it would be good to know what she was wearing when found.

I am unable to find a single photo of any staff at this restaurant, to try and determine their uniform, if any.

I am mildly surprised that it was fine dining restaurant that Amber worked at. I expected it to be another social pub type scene.

A Friday night at that restaurant would be extremely busy, I would think. No wonder they were calling Amber at 4 pm to see if she was coming.

Happy hour is from 4-7 pm.

http://www.myrtlebeachhappyhour.com/gregnormans.html

I am unable to find a single photo of any staff at this restaurant, to try and determine their uniform, if any.

I am mildly surprised that it was fine dining restaurant that Amber worked at. I expected it to be another social pub type scene.

A Friday night at that restaurant would be extremely busy, I would think. No wonder they were calling Amber at 4 pm to see if she was coming.

Especially in May, that's just when the tourist season is starting back up. The amount of people here in the summer compared to the winter is crazy. It's dead here now but summer is crazy.
This is another reason I am shocked no one saw anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without getting into alot of detail, there are way too many connections of people to both Heather and Amber for my liking.

I don't like coincdences.

One girl is dead and another missing (well, many missing). I don't like it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't think they will turn out to be related. I don't know why I feel this way but something funny (as in strange) about the other case, I feel like that one could turn out way different than most people suspect.

She was a hostess there rather than a waitress according to that article so more than likely was just required to wear something nice and not necessarily a uniform.

Exactly, thank-you, LR1, I should have only highlighted the WOMAN part.

If there was NOT a sexual assault on Amber, and if there was NO robbery, and since her head wound seemed extremely PERSONAL, then it's entirely possible that Amber was killed by a female.

JMO

I think you are on to something here. I wonder if it was a co-worker or fellow student who could have been in the car with her. :seeya:

I think you are on to something here. I wonder if it was a co-worker or fellow student who could have been in the car with her. :seeya:

A jealous female. But, jealous of what? She was marrying a Spanyard.

I wish we had something, anything to dig on here.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't think they will turn out to be related. I don't know why I feel this way but something funny (as in strange) about the other case, I feel like that one could turn out way different than most people suspect.

She was a hostess there rather than a waitress according to that article so more than likely was just required to wear something nice and not necessarily a uniform.

I do tend to agree they are unrelated. I just don't like coincidences.

Thanks for the hostess reminder. I thought she was dressed and ready for work.

Maybe she wasn't even planning on going to work.

Since she was readying to move back in with her Mom, and she was done exams and preparing to be married, maybe she really wasn't that committed to her hostess job. Hostesses make way less $ than servers. I'm surprised she even did that really?

Especially in May, that's just when the tourist season is starting back up. The amount of people here in the summer compared to the winter is crazy. It's dead here now but summer is crazy.
This is another reason I am shocked no one saw anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: This is another reason I am shocked no one saw anything.

Someone may have witnessed something meglor , but it was over 6 months before HCPD released any info and it was during the off season.. The witnesses may be 3 states away by then..

Exactly, thank-you, LR1, I should have only highlighted the WOMAN part.

If there was NOT a sexual assault on Amber, and if there was NO robbery, and since her head wound seemed extremely PERSONAL, then it's entirely possible that Amber was killed by a female.

JMO

BBM

Or a man that has a deep-seeded hatred for women and saw his opportunity to strike.

I know I read that she finished her finals that day, so HGTC would have surveillance I'm sure of what she was wearing...unless she went home first to change before paying her cable bill.
But something took her back out toward Old Sanders Rd. Why did she go west or away from the ocean, work, home? Was she forced to drive down the exit ramp and onto Old Sanders or was she going there by choice?

If she had gone there by choice and was on her way back to the Hwy., just before the underpass follow the road and coming back from the waterside end, there is a sharp turn. If she strayed over the center line she may have had a near miss with an oncoming vehicle. Someone could have been furious, made a u-turn and come after Amber.

Since she was readying to move back in with her Mom, and she was done exams and preparing to be married, maybe she really wasn't that committed to her hostess job. Hostesses make way less $ than servers. I'm surprised she even did that really?

In fine dining, the hostess can be referred to as the maître d. The salary can be quite high. And, it appears that the uniform for the dining room is black pants, long white or black apron & white or black dress shirt and black tie. For some events and in the shark room it appears like it is the company logo black golf shirt and black pants. There are no pics of female servers!
http://img1.10bestmedia.com/Images/Photos/108803/greg-normans-australian-grill-005_28_550x370.jpg

http://img1.10bestmedia.com/Images/Photos/108803/greg-normans-australian-grill-005_28_550x370.jpg

Likely, the hostess or maître D would be required to wear black & white dress clothes.

But something took her back out toward Old Sanders Rd. Why did she go west or away from the ocean, work, home? Was she forced to drive down the exit ramp and onto Old Sanders or was she going there by choice?

If she had gone there by choice and was on her way back to the Hwy., just before the underpass follow the road and coming back from the waterside end, there is a sharp turn. If she strayed over the center line she may have had a near miss with an oncoming vehicle. Someone could have been furious, made a u-turn and come after Amber.

Ever since I read that Amber's cellphone was found very near her, I've been of the belief that it was staged. That makes me think she wasn't driving. So since I think the perp could have been driving, I think it's the direction the perp needed to go in to get to wherever they needed to be. If the scene was staged as far as the cell goes, maybe it was placed near bc it was the reason that gave her away, idk, just speculating. What I'm saying is - maybe the perp was hidden in Amber's vehicle, maybe the perp gained control and it was an attempted abduction, maybe Amber hid her cellphone in the process, maybe the cell lit up and it made the perp go ballistic when they saw it. Or maybe the perp subdued Amber but she got loose & fought the perp, hence her arms showing a huge sign of a struggle, maybe Amber got some good punches kicks & scratches in which in turn pissed off the perp so the perp smashed her space with pieces of cement or cinderblocks from the scene. Idk why I can't get it out of my head but I think it was an abduction gone wrong.

I wouldn't think that the leopard print blouse would be what she would wear at her work its more like what she would have worn the night out the previous night. My question is was she still wearing this when found, if not I would say she had made it home after paying her bill and was most likely dressed for work. either way it would be good to know what she was wearing when found.

I have one that I bought from Express that ties on the side. I wear it with my black fringe boots & jeggings, just everyday wear. It could be dressed up or down. Amber looks more dressed up than my comparison but just wanted to give a different perspective.

In almost all of Amber's pictures that I've come across, she looks like she liked to dress "smart". Even when she dressed down she looked awesome. She might have had the philosophy that if you take pride in your appearance, you'll be smarter & happier, people will take you more serious, look at you with respect. I think she took great pride in her appearance.

But Amber was incredibly responsible. I'm not seeing her intentionally blowing off work. She worked for multiple establishments in hospitality in the Myrtle Beach area. She paid her way through college - remember her mom said she didn't even have any student debt left bc she paid it as she went along. That's incredibly responsible and IMO doesn't fit the stereotype of somebody that would blow off work.

Also, hospitality jobs are great for college students bc these establishments will work with a student's schedule as opposed to a desk job which may require 9-5 or set part time hours. Since she took college serious enough to go for a degree and pay off her student loans as she went along, it may have been the perfect job to fit her needs. Might be why she seemed to stick with restaurants for her jobs, bc they work around her schedule.

In fine dining, the hostess can be referred to as the maître d. The salary can be quite high. And, it appears that the uniform for the dining room is black pants, long white or black apron & white or black dress shirt and black tie. For some events and in the shark room it appears like it is the company logo black golf shirt and black pants. There are no pics of female servers!

Likely, the hostess or maître D would be required to wear black & white dress clothes.

I found a pic that has servers & bussers wearing either black or maroon polo with Greg Norman's Australian Grille embroidered on the left side of the chest. Looks like the cooks & kitchen help wear chef & kitchen attire. Here's a picture where GNAG presented a check for $11,000 to Red Cross for Katrina relief:

http://www.gregnormansaustraliangrille.com/katrina-relief-112105.php

Is there a reason ping information hasn't been released? We know she had her cellphone on her bc it was located near her body. We know it was working bc when her body was found the cell was going off with missed calls & texts. We know she went to Murphy's for gas, the to Time Warner Cable around 1-130. There's at least a 2 hour window between stopping at Time Warner & when she would have been needed at work. S since police said there are no suspects, is there a reason they're not releasing cell ping info? At least it would give the general vicinity of travel.

Which HGTC campus did Amber attend? Was it the Grand Strand campus in Myrtle Beach or the one in Conway? The one in Myrtle looks like its right off of 17.

Wow, don't know why we didn't think to pull a record search for her address...

Choose Horry County then accept agreement...
http://m.sccourts.org/caseSearch/

Note that nothing here looks way too serious. This is being posted for investigative purposes only.

2isbf2o.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back