TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the original question was regarding Gail's circle of friends in general, not friends that have been interviewed. She has many friends. They have not all been interviewed by the media.

Yes, and if people are going to contend that there are friends of Gail's who have indeed spoken out, I'd like to see what they have to say, so I'm asking where I can read or hear it.

Well, why not?

Because from all accounts I have heard or read, Gail is a delightful person who likely would have had many friends in a close-knit community such as Signal Mountain. I wish very much that I had had the opportunity to meet her.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from more of those close friends who would be familiar with her daily activities, routines, etc. This is quite a different question from the issue of long-time friends who love and care about her.

It is an irony that, since her disappearance, she has so many more people who care about her and wish to find answers. Hopefully those will come soon.

From the Professional Posters and Verifieds thread at the top of the forum, there are only 2 verified friends of Gail here:

Gail Nowacki Palmgren
MacGyver friend of Gail
ATRUEFRIEND friend of Gail
FBX
Sleuthy1 friend of Gail's family
Jbean
conundrummed is a verified local

I'm a local, and have posted as a local..To my knowledge I am not verified. Do I have to be verified to post and IF so what do I have to do to get verified?

I am not sure why we are discussing members.
If you have a question about verifieds or if someone post as a verified that isn't-please alert.
Members are not open for discussion.

This post lands at random.

If you are posting as a local but are not providing any information except about terrain or local color or general local information-you do not have to be verified!

If you are posting with very specific information about this case-then yes you should be verified.

and why are we discussing the FB pages?! all off limits unless that has changed.

I had asked before a while back but don't know if anyone answered.
Is it known if GP ever used the off road 4 wheel capabilities on her Jeep? Did she ever go off road in it...was she experienced in off road driving. Or did she literally have no real clue as to how to...
also-

Are there off road trails literally coming off the mountain?

If someone was scared that someone was following them, could they 'suddenly' veer to go off road?
What was the weather like that day she disappeared? Was it clear, or raining & foggy?

If someone were totally unfamiliar with off road driving, and/or the trails there, could that person literally have gotten lost...and maybe suffered an accident, gone over a cliff, or some odd occurence??

Good Morning!!

Rules of the Road for posting here-

No Facebook
No Rumors

Gail, where are you? :(

I had asked before a while back but don't know if anyone answered.
Is it known if GP ever used the off road 4 wheel capabilities on her Jeep? Did she ever go off road in it...was she experienced in off road driving. Or did she literally have no real clue as to how to...
also-

Are there off road trails literally coming off the mountain?

If someone was scared that someone was following them, could they 'suddenly' veer to go off road?
What was the weather like that day she disappeared? Was it clear, or raining & foggy?
If someone were totally unfamiliar with off road driving, and/or the trails there, could that person literally have gotten lost...and maybe suffered an accident, gone over a cliff, or some odd occurence??

My understanding is the weather was good on Saturday April 30th but I wasn't in town on that day.. We did have severe storms come through on the 27th though and much of the area sustained alot of damage.. Trees were down everywhere, no power for days in many areas of the city.. Signal Mtn, to my knowedge, did not receive alot of damage from the storms, but I suspect there had to be some damage on Signal Mtn..

Personally, I cannot imagine anyone thinking they were being followed and making a decision to turn off onto one of the off road trails..JMHO..

ETA.. Someone did come forward and claim they saw Gail on BIG FORK Road that afternoon and there was another woman with her..IMHO.. I suspect IF the person's sighting is legit Gail was not there of her own volition...JMHO..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZW4UKq6bzI"]7-6-10 Big Fork 4wheeling - YouTube[/ame]

In the media, we have also heard about Maria G and Alaine G.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14655364

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/?news

This article references "about a dozen friends" including Brandie L.

http://www.waka.com/news/7502-the-s...ssee-mother-intensifies-in-elmore-county.html

We used to hear from several here on WS, but not anymore. Surely you remember fbx, fireflylink, MacGyver, and locals like perico and sophieness. ETA: Also Kikidee, I forgot her earlier.

HI All,
Some of us, Gail's friends, are still here, but what I find interesting is that because we are not heard from, some seem to take that to mean that she did not have any friends, or any close friends, other than AD? Speaking for myself, I read these posts every single day. I have a summary sent to me on a daily basis, and it's usually the last thing I do at night. I think about Gail EVERY SINGLE DAY. She was my best friend in college, we were inseparable for awhile. i was in her wedding, and she was in mine. And while it is true that we drifted apart, I still considered her a very dear friend. And I'm SURE she had many many friends like me.
So why haven't we been heard from? Truly, what is there we can say? No one is contacting us for information, and we wouldn't have any to give. We are in the dark as much as anyone. I could, of course, comment on all the posts on here, but to what end? It is all speculation, I have no more information than any of you do.
As for MY thoughts, I've stated them before and they haven't changed. I do not believe that Gail took off on her own. I do not believe that she would EVER EVER do that to her kids, or to her siblings. They have been through a great deal of losses in their lives, and IN NO WAY do I believe that Gail would add to that on her own. I also don't believe that she had an accident. Diane has told me that she drove up and down those roads, and would have seen a barrier hit had she done that. And I can't help but think that they would have found the car by now, had that been the case. Further, it seems extremely coincidental that something like that would happen right at the time it did, when Gail was obviously preparing for something? So what does that leave? Something foul, or nefarious? Maybe. i suppose. But I can't seem to reconcile that with the Matt that I've met. I don't claim to know him very well, we had already started to drift apart by the time he came along, but the man I met was kind and sweet. I know, people can change, and they can also be deceptive. I agree, his behaviour HAS seemed "hinky," to quote a few of you [and I love that word, btw!]. Why? Why hasn't he had the kids talk to LE? Why hasn't he made a formal statement? Why isn't he doing more to find her, although doing what, I don't know. At least LOOKING like he cares. Even if they had grown apart, even if he DOESN'T miss her, do it for the kids. But again, I don't comment on it because I DON'T know. I DON'T know why. Maybe someday we will, and I pray to God that whatever it turns out to be, those kids come out of this ok. Maybe he's afraid that if he DID have the houses searched early on, something might somehow point to him, even if he WERE completely innocent. Everyone is looking for him to be guilty anyway, so it wouldn't take much. So I'm sure he's following the advice of his lawyers, lawyers who put HIM first, as their client, and NOT Gail. Do I think it's right? No. Of course I don't. But he's not paying me to be his lawyer, he's listening to the people for whose advice he is paying. Their sole job is to protect HIM. Not Gail. Again, before I get misunderstood or misquoted somehow, let me state that I am not saying he is innocent. I am not saying he is guilty. His behaviour is hinky. But maybe he has reasons we don't know about? I too wish he would do what it takes to clear himself if he can.
The bottom line is that Gail DID have friends, I am sure there were lots of them. And I know I am not alone in missing her. Don't mistake our silence for absence, we are here and we do care. But until there are some new leads, what can we do but keep looking and hoping and praying. Something will break.
Sorry to go on so, I guess I had to make up for my prolonged silence!
I miss you every day, Gail.

HI All,
Some of us, Gail's friends, are still here, but what I find interesting is that because we are not heard from, some seem to take that to mean that she did not have any friends, or any close friends, other than AD? Speaking for myself, I read these posts every single day. I have a summary sent to me on a daily basis, and it's usually the last thing I do at night. I think about Gail EVERY SINGLE DAY. She was my best friend in college, we were inseparable for awhile. i was in her wedding, and she was in mine. And while it is true that we drifted apart, I still considered her a very dear friend. And I'm SURE she had many many friends like me.
So why haven't we been heard from? Truly, what is there we can say? No one is contacting us for information, and we wouldn't have any to give. We are in the dark as much as anyone. I could, of course, comment on all the posts on here, but to what end? It is all speculation, I have no more information than any of you do.
As for MY thoughts, I've stated them before and they haven't changed. I do not believe that Gail took off on her own. I do not believe that she would EVER EVER do that to her kids, or to her siblings. They have been through a great deal of losses in their lives, and IN NO WAY do I believe that Gail would add to that on her own. I also don't believe that she had an accident. Diane has told me that she drove up and down those roads, and would have seen a barrier hit had she done that. And I can't help but think that they would have found the car by now, had that been the case. Further, it seems extremely coincidental that something like that would happen right at the time it did, when Gail was obviously preparing for something? So what does that leave? Something foul, or nefarious? Maybe. i suppose. But I can't seem to reconcile that with the Matt that I've met. I don't claim to know him very well, we had already started to drift apart by the time he came along, but the man I met was kind and sweet. I know, people can change, and they can also be deceptive. I agree, his behaviour HAS seemed "hinky," to quote a few of you [and I love that word, btw!]. Why? Why hasn't he had the kids talk to LE? Why hasn't he made a formal statement? Why isn't he doing more to find her, although doing what, I don't know. At least LOOKING like he cares. Even if they had grown apart, even if he DOESN'T miss her, do it for the kids. But again, I don't comment on it because I DON'T know. I DON'T know why. Maybe someday we will, and I pray to God that whatever it turns out to be, those kids come out of this ok. Maybe he's afraid that if he DID have the houses searched early on, something might somehow point to him, even if he WERE completely innocent. Everyone is looking for him to be guilty anyway, so it wouldn't take much. So I'm sure he's following the advice of his lawyers, lawyers who put HIM first, as their client, and NOT Gail. Do I think it's right? No. Of course I don't. But he's not paying me to be his lawyer, he's listening to the people for whose advice he is paying. Their sole job is to protect HIM. Not Gail. Again, before I get misunderstood or misquoted somehow, let me state that I am not saying he is innocent. I am not saying he is guilty. His behaviour is hinky. But maybe he has reasons we don't know about? I too wish he would do what it takes to clear himself if he can.
The bottom line is that Gail DID have friends, I am sure there were lots of them. And I know I am not alone in missing her. Don't mistake our silence for absence, we are here and we do care. But until there are some new leads, what can we do but keep looking and hoping and praying. Something will break.
Sorry to go on so, I guess I had to make up for my prolonged silence!
I miss you every day, Gail.

I am SO sorry for you and your beautiful friend Gail! I do not even know Gail aside from everything I have read, and I think about her every day. Thank you SO much for your post!

I have found that there are SO many red Jeeps in my area. I see many every day, and every time I pass one - I look closely! I HIGHLY doubt that Gail would have come all the way here, but I still look because I think about her. I have found that with ALL of the Jeeps that I see every day, very very few are like Gail's Jeep.

I am still here praying for good news about Gail. Good luck to you kikidee. {Big Hugs} to you and any of Gail's friends here reading.

Prayers for Gail, her children, her siblings and all her friends who are heartbroken and missing her...

"Most of the people who are making such a ruckus and leading the search for her are total strangers."

I knew Gail long ago. I have never posted on this site, but the word "ruckus" is so dismissive it has stuck in my head. I feel the need to say this:

If any of you - Confused included - disappeared off the face of the earth under any circumstances, I hope people raise a hell of a ruckus until you're found.

Damn right, a ruckus is being raised. Anyone who truly wants Gail found would join right in.

JMHO, of course.

"Most of the people who are making such a ruckus and leading the search for her are total strangers."

I knew Gail long ago. I have never posted on this site, but the word "ruckus" is so dismissive it has stuck in my head. I feel the need to say this:

If any of you - Confused included - disappeared off the face of the earth under any circumstances, I hope people raise a hell of a ruckus until you're found.

Damn right, a ruckus is being raised. Anyone who truly wants Gail found would join right in.

JMHO, of course.

Welcome to Websleuths, Cool Mommy. I am with you on the ruckus being raised for anyone who goes missing. I think it is very very important for all of us to take to heart that just because there appears to be silence from some corners of Gail's universe, doesnt mean that the trees arent being shaken.

JMHO, of course.

Welcome, CoolMommy. I truly am sorry to disagree on your very first post, but I'm afraid I must.

I've followed many missing person cases, and I know many family members and friends of missing persons.

Some people in these cases have engaged in bad behavior. Sometimes that bad behavior has interfered in cases, or seemed to interfere in cases. Sometimes it certainly seems to hinder and delay finding out what happened to the missing person, because the focus is drawn away *from* the missing person and their plight, and *to* those raising the ruckus.

Further, the bad behaviors cause stress and pain to so many family members who already are suffering so. I've seen - and talked with - suffering family members who've had to 'go quiet' and withdraw from the public and the media because the stress of dealing with the ruckuses was just too much for them to cope with.

So I just can't agree that ruckuses in missing person cases are good things, or that anyone who truly wants a missing person found would join right in. They just have always seemed to me to take focus away from the missing person, and constructive efforts to figure out what happened to them, and to find them.

Not creating ruckuses, and avoiding those that are created by others, keeping focused on the missing person, helping family members in their constructive efforts, etc, to me, is the best thing one can do if one truly wants a missing person found.

Unfortunately, in my honest opinion, there hasn't been enough ruckus raised in this case. I wish to high heaven that the national media would report on Gail at least once a week. I wish that many unsolved missing person cases would be highlighted more frequently. I wonder WHY Gail's case has been so quiet. I wish that someone would shake LE's tree and see why they haven't pursued a higher priority investigation. JMHO and all that ruckus.

Welcome, CoolMommy. I truly am sorry to disagree on your very first post, but I'm afraid I must.

I've followed many missing person cases, and I know many family members and friends of missing persons.

Some people in these cases have engaged in bad behavior. Sometimes that bad behavior has interfered in cases, or seemed to interfere in cases. Sometimes it certainly seems to hinder and delay finding out what happened to the missing person, because the focus is drawn away *from* the missing person and their plight, and *to* those raising the ruckus.

Further, the bad behaviors cause stress and pain to so many family members who already are suffering so. I've seen - and talked with - suffering family members who've had to 'go quiet' and withdraw from the public and the media because the stress of dealing with the ruckuses was just too much for them to cope with.

So I just can't agree that ruckuses in missing person cases are good things, or that anyone who truly wants a missing person found would join right in. They just have always seemed to me to take focus away from the missing person, and constructive efforts to figure out what happened to them, and to find them.

Not creating ruckuses, and avoiding those that are created by others, keeping focused on the missing person, helping family members in their constructive efforts, etc, to me, is the best thing one can do if one truly wants a missing person found.

IMHO..The ONLY people who could possibly be hindering or delaying finding out what may have really happend to Gail are MP, his mother and his mistress... For certain they are not causing any ruckus in order to find out what happened to her.. ...JMHO..

ETA.. And due to their non actions concerning Gail's disappearance I suspect they are causing quite alot of stress and pain to Gail's children too...JMHO...

Thanks, BeanE, for sharing your experience. Yes, I thought as I was walking away from my desk that there's good ruckus (productive) and bad ruckus (distracting). Point taken.

IMO, most ruckus is advocacy = the good kind. It keeps MPs like Gail from being forgotten.

Also: People like LE get paid to ignore distractions. The really good posters on WS, the ones who never get banned and don't need reminders, don't get distracted by the bad. They ignore the bad and keep the advocacy alive for finding Gail.

I have to believe LE is working on this case. I have to believe Gail's family is making their own ruckus, behind the scenes.

Those of us who have little to contribute other than our interest and ideas are nonetheless advocates for finding Gail. This is our way of making a ruckus.

And it should not be dismissed.

Sorry for the double post!
Told ya I'm new to the whole posting thingie.
Apologies.

I dont disagree with Bean E's post, but I want to put a slightly different spin on it from my perspective-any publicity is good publicity in a missing persons case. I firmly believe that.

However, anything that is said or done which compromises the investigation, obstructs it or misleads investigators is appalling from where I sit. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth