CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted Mike Arntfield asking him to look into the murder of Audrey. I haven't heard back yet. But......I'm going to keep at him and at the TV show.

At least Audrey has us here at WS trying to speak for her. We didn't bring soup and cake but we still care.

:twocents:

It's my understanding that 'To Catch A Killer' has been cancelled - hopefully it will not preclude them from looking into AG's case though.

I can't find anything anywhere that says the show is cancelled. But I'm still going to keep at the 'cast' to help with Audrey's case.

A little tidbit I learned from the shows I did see so far:

1. Stranger killers tend to leave the bodies far away from the kill site.

2. Killings by people known to the victim tend to leave the bodies very close to/at the home of the victims.

Freaky thing .. I was playing a game of Scrabble tonite and my computer opponent (yes, I must get a life) put in the word "gleave". The Scrabble dictionary says it is "a weapon with a long sharp blade" :eek:

A little tidbit I learned from the shows I did see so far:

1. Stranger killers tend to leave the bodies far away from the kill site.

2. Killings by people known to the victim tend to leave the bodies very close to/at the home of the victims.

rsbm

I thought removal indicates closeness to the crime/familiarity with the scene or victim, which suggests the opposite? Since I haven't found a link yet supporting either theory, I'll just let that hang for someone who might know more than I do. But I remember this discussion from the Sonia Varaschin thread, where the issue came up of some sk profiles where killers remove a body in order to be able to return as part of their pathological fantasies, but too (iirc -- not sure; I seem to remember someone citing a woman fbi profiler?) that undertaking the effort to relocate a body can be indication of closeness to the victim. Again, apologies if I'm mis-remembering. And I know I should provide a link.

I still can't find a link, but have tracked the discussion so far at least to a post by RoseofSharon in the SV thread at Found Deceased Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2 - Page 29 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

RoS indicates there, in post 708 :" Trying to come up with reasons to remove the body. The lady from USA DH always says perp known to victim, but what does that mean exactly when it comes to relocating a body."

rqbm

sorry I can't find the original info source.

rsbm

I thought removal indicates closeness to the crime/familiarity with the scene or victim, which suggests the opposite? Since I haven't found a link yet supporting either theory, I'll just let that hang for someone who might know more than I do. But I remember this discussion from the Sonia Varaschin thread, where the issue came up of some sk profiles where killers remove a body in order to be able to return as part of their pathological fantasies, but too (iirc -- not sure; I seem to remember someone citing a woman fbi profiler?) that undertaking the effort to relocate a body can be indication of closeness to the victim. Again, apologies if I'm mis-remembering. And I know I should provide a link.

Well I didn't have a link either for the info I gave from the OWN TV show called "To Catch A Killer". But in order to locate the link (if you doubt what I've posted here) please go to OWN.ca and you'll be able to watch the episode from which I found the info. It's Episode #1 of the 2014 season.

LINK: http://ownca.oprah.com/Shows/To-Catch-A-Killer.aspx

thanks for this, Dotr! I couldn't find a link at all :) I'm not sure, but I think this is a different profiler than I remember, but she also says the same thing. Of "domestic homicides" (not sk's) -- where the victim is known to the killer -- she writes:
"Because of the fear of what the autopsy will discover and the possibility of DNA and trace evidence linking back to the perpetrator of a domestic homicide, it is common for the offender to attempt to hide the body extremely well...." -- she also discusses relocation of the body to another site to fake "abduction" to buy time to develop an alibi and avoid immediate suspicion that falls on people known known to a victim. See Dotr's link above.

thanks for this, Dotr! I couldn't find a link at all :) I'm not sure, but I think this is a different profiler than I remember, but she also says the same thing. Of "domestic homicides" (not sk's) -- where the victim is known to the killer -- she writes:
"Because of the fear of what the autopsy will discover and the possibility of DNA and trace evidence linking back to the perpetrator of a domestic homicide, it is common for the offender to attempt to hide the body extremely well...." -- she also discusses relocation of the body to another site to fake "abduction" to buy time to develop an alibi and avoid immediate suspicion that falls on people known known to a victim. See Dotr's link above.

Are we now calling Audrey's murder a "domestic" because LE said Audrey knew her killer?

Forgive my not understanding but I always thought a "domestic" is husband killing wife/son killing siblings.

If my friend across the street kills me :)eek:) is that a "domestic" simply because she lives 'close' and we're good friends?

:scared:

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/articles/domviolence.htm

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOMICIDES DEFINED

Domestic violence homicides are those murders that occur between men and women, husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends, boyfriends and boyfriends and girlfriends and girlfriend relationships. In fact, any murder between intimate partners would be considered a domestic violence homicide. They may also involve third party relationships, such as "love triangles" former husbands and/or wives, and jilted lovers.

IMO, Audrey's killing was premeditated to some degree (i.e. power/control, thoughts given to how Audrey's demise might benefit someone, whether financially or sexual fantasy) but the immediate act of killing her on that particular day was rage-fuelled.

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/articles/domviolence.htm

IMO, Audrey's killing was premeditated to some degree (i.e. power/control, thoughts given to how Audrey's demise might benefit someone, whether financially or sexual fantasy) but the immediate act of killing her on that particular day was rage-fuelled.

SB do you think more likely someone she knew or someone who was for example killing their own mother by proxy?

To the best of our knowledge, did Audrey ever take a year off from teaching? Here's why I'm asking - (I KNOW this is way out in left field but.......) :blushing: I was wondering if Audrey ever served as a surrogate to a couple in order for them to have a baby. I know......I know..... but I'm grasping at straws here!! :blushing: And then PERHAPS that couple/child/whomever in the situation came back for a rage killing.

I'm rambling. Maybe you all should just ignore me..........:blushing:

:bang:

Thanks No Stone useful post for sure. Probably we all know about the abortion doctor who was shot in Ancaster same guy killed an abortion doctor in US charges in Ancaster case were dropped.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/charg...-shooting-of-ontario-abortion-doctor-1.780549

WAY back when I got interested in Audrey case I noticed that are a tribute site for her one poster had linked to multiple images that all referenced abortion rights: there were (I guess photoshopped? that is not the right word but you get the idea) pics of demonstrators in a pro-rights-to-abortion march with Audrey's picture on the placards.

Now a poster quickly shot me down saying that the Westdale student poster had just found these images online and was taking them out of context. So the words on the placards"thank you for giving us a choice" simply meant in life not in decisions around giving birth to babies. (But then why were all the images on the abortion theme? Maybe the student was just lazy I don't know. But maybe not.

Well they won and I pushed that idea out of mind. But No Stone your related idea made me remember it.

If that site is still up and anyone knows what I am talking about and can link that would be great.

Did Audrey counsel a student of hers to have an abortion or help them with that?

Unbalanced men can become deranged with anger if they felt the child was theirs.

To the best of our knowledge, did Audrey ever take a year off from teaching? Here's why I'm asking - (I KNOW this is way out in left field but.......) :blushing: I was wondering if Audrey ever served as a surrogate to a couple in order for them to have a baby. I know......I know..... but I'm grasping at straws here!! :blushing: And then PERHAPS that couple/child/whomever in the situation came back for a rage killing.

I'm rambling. Maybe you all should just ignore me..........:blushing:

:bang:

Oh wow Chorley8 I'm happy my post caused you to remember.

So, now that we're on the theme of young people and their possible decisions, how about this. What IF Audrey knew of a rape by a teenaged boy in her school? What IF some female students confided in Audrey. What IF Audrey reported the rape to the office Admin and because of Audrey's "opening her big mouth" (in the eyes of the male involved) the male(s) sought out a punishment?

Possible????????????

--------------------------

ETA: Or what if Audrey (somehow?????) learned of a Young Offender living in her neighbourhood or in a group home near to her and that's why she said to her BIL that she'd be 'raped and killed one day'?

Oh wow Chorley8 I'm happy my post caused you to remember.

So, now that we're on the theme of young people and their possible decisions, how about this. What IF Audrey knew of a rape by a teenaged boy in her school? What IF some female students confided in Audrey. What IF Audrey reported the rape to the office Admin and because of Audrey's "opening her big mouth" (in the eyes of the male involved) the male(s) sought out a punishment?

Possible????????????

--------------------------

ETA: Or what if Audrey (somehow?????) learned of a Young Offender living in her neighbourhood or in a group home near to her and that's why she said to her BIL that she'd be 'raped and killed on day'?

NSU, thank you, excellent thought! My BUT: some part maybe not applicable because too long ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam