GUILTY Norway - Bombing & Shooting at Youth Camp in Oslo, 22 July 2011 *parole request 2021*

The pictures of the children hiding in fear are heartbreaking. I am sure there will be many more.

Absolutely devastating, so evil, omg. :(

UPDATE 8:35 p.m. ET: Dagbladet has more details on Anders Behring Breivik, 32, who has been identified as the suspect in Friday's attacks:

Neighbors tell Dagbladet that they have seen the 32-year-old in what looked like a military uniform several times. ...

Late last night, he was still being questioned. It was not known what might have been the motive behind the attacks.

"We have not formulated a basis for charges so far. We will formulate a charge during the night when we see what comes out of the interrogation," said prosecutor Trine Dingelan to Dagbladet at 1 a.m.

Behring Breivik for a time lived in the same street as a number of prominent white politicians on the west side of Oslo.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ath-toll-jumps-suspect-still-being-questioned

Andre Skeie, 26, who lives near the island, was one of about 20 people who answered a police call for those with boats to come and help the rescue effort.

In a telephone interview, he said he and his friends left the small town of Honefoss, drove to shore and took their boats out to the island, where they saw about 50 people standing near the water, many of them severely wounded.

“It was like a war zone,” he said. “You could see badly injured people. Some of the people didn’t have a face. The injuries were so bad that [the gunman] must have used a large-caliber weapon.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...utoya-island/2011/07/22/gIQA5NGTUI_story.html

One of the two pictures has a man set in a rectangular yellow box. I assume it's him shooting at people. How the heck did it get on his page?

that doesn't appear to be his personal page

his page has actually been deleted already

I think it's just a page someone made like people do with other murderers & then upload pictures to it

As soon as I heard about the bomb blast, before the news about the shooting, I had a feeling it was domestic terrorism. It reminded me a lot of the OKC bombing. It looks like he chose that specific summer camp for his rampage because of its political connections, but I also think the fact that it's on an island was also appealing to him.

Shooting 80 people is just unimaginable. My thoughts go out to the people of Norway.

This is just so despicable. My heart just breaks. :(

Shooter gathered campers in Norway for security check before opening fire

The stranger beckoned to some of the 550 young people attending a summer camp organized by the youth wing of the ruling Labour Party.

“Come here,” he said, claiming he was performing a routine security check after a bomb blast hours earlier in downtown Oslo killed at least seven people and injured many others.

Once a sizeable group had gathered, the man — who looked like a typical Norwegian, with blond hair and spoke with an eastern Norwegian accent — said this was just the beginning and opened fire.

The campers, aged 15 to 25, scattered in panic, many throwing themselves in the water in an attempt to escape the island, which had no bridge to the mainland. Others cowered in nearby buildings.

Police said at least 80 people were killed, a number that is expected to rise as more bodies wash ashore.

My deepest sympathy to the families that lost loved ones today in this horrific crime. I mean that with all my heart.

I hope they're not going with the "lone nut" theory on this one. It is reasonable to assume
he had help. And it goes without saying that others would have known of his despicable plans.

Excellent article, with video at CNN link:

Norwegian islander ferries children to safety (CNN)
---
"I realized that me sitting there in the boat with my red helmet and yellow jacket would be a perfect target," he recalled. "I thought, well, we are here and we have some things to do and I am happy that we managed to get so many of the youngsters."
---
He went to the island and back three times, saving many. Much, much more at link.

What a sad day it is.

When I went to bed last night the reports said 30 dead. When I woke up now it was close to 90.

I am just very happy that they caught the shooter, Anders Behring Breivik. It seems that he is very willing to talk, so hopefully all details will disclosed. It says that he's a nationalistic and been living with his mom up until one month ago. How is mom is going to cope after this... can't think about it.

It's going to be interesting to see if he operated alone or had someone with him. Right now it's difficult for me to choose what to believe on this.

Anders Behring Breivik was extremely negative towards multiculturalism. Well, then he was born and raised in the wrong city!! In Oslo, 4 out of 10 comes from a non-western country!

We are a nation in disbelief and shock today.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Just watched a press conference with out Prime Minister.

His family can be compared to what the Kennedy family is in the US.

He is so moved over this tragedy, he used to go tot his youth camp himself.

What a blow to our peaceful society.

So...did he allow himself to be caught so he could talk about his motive, thus furthering his cause? I can see an OK city bombing by a fruitcake, but why kill the kids on the island?

Now that he's accomplished his goal and released his anger and hate maybe he'll come out of his delusional state to see what he's done.

I hope they tell him that his country will continue to be multi-cultural, and what he did was all in vain!

So...did he allow himself to be caught so he could talk about his motive, thus furthering his cause? I can see an OK city bombing by a fruitcake, but why kill the kids on the island?

Now that he's accomplished his goal and released his anger and hate maybe he'll come out of his delusional state to see what he's done.

I hope they tell him that his country will continue to be multi-cultural, and what he did was all in vain!

He could've easily shot himself and ended it all there, but he wants to be alive. He has not requested a lawyer. Oklahoma bombings were on my mind the moment I learned who stood behind this.

Our multicultural society is here to stay - and I must admit - it gives me pleasure to think that he'll twist his brain about this forever and ever and he can't do nothing about it.

Christian fundamentalist.

I'm not sure what that term means in Norway. Would you care to elaborate?

(BTW, I was in your beautiful country 30 years ago and loved it. What a shame that Norwegians should be the targets of violence.)

I can't believe the death toll at the youth camp jumped this much since the last time I checked it. Devastating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back