Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the woman they are re-interviewing is not the Oct 22nd vic, but the other one from Oct that was announced yesterday. From the below link:

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=7908514

Just Wednesday, university police alerted students about a newly reported groping that took place near campus in October. But Reno police say the woman in that case had already came forward. "We have interviewed her, her comments to us at the time lead us to believe it wasn't connected. That it was possibly a prank," says Lt. Bob McDonald.
Reno police re-interviewed that woman Thursday afternoon about why she reported it again as something more serious.

ETA: I don't think the woman thought it was a prank originally, otherwise she would not have reported it. And LE wonders why she is coming forward again? Maybe she is because they treated it like it was a prank and didn't take her seriously the first time!!!
That is so strange. Did they mean a prank on her part or a prank of one of her fellow students?!

SS, that is strange. I thought it meant a prank on her.

Either way, with what has been going on in Reno...nothing should be taken lightly by LE. This doesn't help LE's side for the way they handle women's cases...does it?! That statement rather says it all.

I do want to point out that on Briannas' "official" website her family had "the sketch" up for a day or two but then pulled it because of the lack of evidence that it was actually related. I have a question for you guys and gals with umpteen million posts. Has there ever been a case where LE has put out
" misinformation" if they thought that it was beneficial to solving the case?
Please don't read more into this than there is but when it pops into my head I want to know if this is a possibility. Also, what could be the benefit to LE that
"only the killer and law enforcement know exactly how long the body has been there"?. One thing that also keeps bothering me is that I keep envisioning the attempted rape in the parking lot where the girl puts up some resistance and the perp drops his condoms and runs away. If this is the same perp that took
Brianna, he seems to be escalating and gaining experience very fast.Again,I'm
just sort of thinking aloud here and am not disagreeing with anything or anyone. One thing that is hard about this is that it is virtually impossible to get into this guys' sick and twisted head to figure out anything at all.

Do they have DNA on Brianna's case? Have you heard about the huge backlog of processing DNA due to the huge grants that were given to everyone to process cold cases? I am glad to get this DNA and I think its wonderful for the families. But a coroner told me that if they submitted DNA today they would be lucky to get it back in 2010. Is that true? Does anyone know? I would hate to think a seriel killer could be out there during this time and unidentified because of a backlog in DNA processing.

I have a question for the locals who are familiar with the area where the body was found. Is the ditch that she was found in, close enough to a road, or accessible so that the vehicle he was driving could have driven up to the ditch and dumped her out, or would he have had to park, get out of the truck, and carry her body some distance to the ditch?

The AMW delay is being played off as not being for a specific reason. IMO, the only other time I've seen a delay is when there is breaking news crime that bumps it, and I'm not seeing any other urgent cases right now. I really don't know what to make of this. Maybe LE and AMW are at odds as to what info should be released?

..Or....They are close to something REALLY big as far as a suspect.

ED MILLER, "AMERICA`S MOST WANTED": Police are asking me not to tell you exactly how she was found, and you know, whether or not the body was staged, but we can say the underwear was found near the body. And again, it`s not an accident. He put them there.

He does say the thong was found NEAR the body. If they are giving him this kind of information and he is releasing it...they may have put him in "time out" for such. LOL

That basically tells me...without saying it....that the body was staged, posed, whatever. It's just a matter of how, ans what messege he was trying to send.

I would say that he carried the body about 30 feet from the curb, assuming he parked on Sandhill. If he was to drive to the spot he would have had to go over a curb and drive over some bushes, but it could be done.

Thanks ....then I am guessing it would be impractical to assume the UW just fell from the truck, right? I also find it odd that there is no mention of the bear. I would have thought if the bear was not with the body, LE would have urged the public to continue looking for the bear. Given that there is silence regarding the bear, I am betting it was found with the body. :waitasec:

Thanks ....then I am guessing it would be impractical to assume the UW just fell from the truck, right? I also find it odd that there is no mention of the bear. I would have thought if the bear was not with the body, LE would have urged the public to continue looking for the bear. Given that there is silence regarding the bear, I am betting it was found with the body. :waitasec:

When Bri's body was found, I asked about the bear and another poster linked an article that LE said the bear was not found or has not been found or was not found with her body. Something along those line, you get the idea.

I do want to point out that on Briannas' "official" website her family had "the sketch" up for a day or two but then pulled it because of the lack of evidence that it was actually related. I have a question for you guys and gals with umpteen million posts. Has there ever been a case where LE has put out
" misinformation" if they thought that it was beneficial to solving the case?
Please don't read more into this than there is but when it pops into my head I want to know if this is a possibility. Also, what could be the benefit to LE that
"only the killer and law enforcement know exactly how long the body has been there"?. One thing that also keeps bothering me is that I keep envisioning the attempted rape in the parking lot where the girl puts up some resistance and the perp drops his condoms and runs away. If this is the same perp that took
Brianna, he seems to be escalating and gaining experience very fast.Again,I'm
just sort of thinking aloud here and am not disagreeing with anything or anyone. One thing that is hard about this is that it is virtually impossible to get into this guys' sick and twisted head to figure out anything at all.
LOL It is perfectly fine to disagree, but you are right. He does seem to be escalating and gaining experience very fast. He went from a clumsy attempt at rape to entering a residence where people were sleeping in the next room for an abduction/murder within a 2 month period.

LE could certainly be putting out erroneous information to try to trap this guy. While it isn't the smartest thing to do, imo, it does give the guy a sense of "freedom" to either flaunt his acts by boasting or it could also enrage him to where he will try something else in order to get the "credit".

If he kept Bri alive for awhile, dumped the body, and LE could prove Time Of Death...LE would have a "bargaining chip" when it came to obtaining a confession later.

Do they have DNA on Brianna's case? Have you heard about the huge backlog of processing DNA due to the huge grants that were given to everyone to process cold cases? I am glad to get this DNA and I think its wonderful for the families. But a coroner told me that if they submitted DNA today they would be lucky to get it back in 2010. Is that true? Does anyone know? I would hate to think a seriel killer could be out there during this time and unidentified because of a backlog in DNA processing.

They do have the DNA in Brianna's case, and the Nov and Dec cases. I'm sure they were able to bump up the testing as it came back quickly. LE usually can do that with cases depending on the urgency. The last I heard is they have enough to catch up all the DNA in Washoe county and it should be completed by (mid march)? My understanding is yes, crime labs all over the U.S. are behind at least a couple of years.

Snipped...

Welcome aboard, FXSTS! Glad for the local input, looking forward to more of your posts.

OMGosh! That's just so sick, I can't stand those people and their beliefs!! :furious:

Welcome to WS, Juvenile! You have a good point and the personal alarm keychains would be a great idea right about now for women in Nevada, and anywhere, for that matter.

I'm gettin' one! They have them pretty cheap on eBay! :d

Craigslist's Reno Rant has produced some interesting finds. I had never checked it out before until someone mentioned these to me. (A huge thanks to that person...you know who you are!) I don't know that any of it is true or if they are the true ravings of a loon on there...but worth checking out anyway.

Bri's killer...

Reply to: pers-580666271@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-20, 11:09AM PST

How comes there is no more detailed description of the truck??? HOW ABOUT A COLOR MAYBE??? AT LEAST AN INTERIOR COLOR??? CARPET COLOR????
Christ everyone in Reno has a damn truck....

How comes there has been no mention of her lip being cut off when they found her???? What significance is that??? Maybe he's a meat cutter at a deli.......

The police were slow coming with any previous info and now it looks like more of the same old same old...

Yo...investigators...wake da *$&# up..........maybe, just maybe, there's someone a teeeny bit smarter than you out here....
http://reno.craigslist.org/rnr/580715105.html

Also there was this mention on CL:

re:Brianna's Body found Posed???

Reply to: pers-582254468@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-21, 4:59PM PST go to amw.com. read the article.

i don't know if the "posed" statement is
true or a rumour.
but i do know that if you read the article, you will see that it
states after the DECEMBER assault, the girl was "beaten brutally."
i heard from someone who knows this girl who is
now in tawain that the ****er broke both her ankles.
http://reno.craigslist.org/rnr/582254468.html

It struck me when I first saw the photos of the underwear that there are pink hearts on them and Valentine's Day was last week. Also, Valentine's Day items have been in retailers since before Brianna was abducted. However these panties could've been purchased last year, or whenever. Then they'd have to be traced from the manufacturer to retailer the manufactuer sells through to the customer who might have paid cash and there would be no record who the buyer was.

They look pretty old. The tag was worn and faded. I'd say they're at least 1 year old, maybe closer to 2.

SS, thank you for the info, creepy as it is....That could be the reason LE is so disturbed about this case more than they usually would have been.

They look pretty old. The tag was worn and faded. I'd say they're at least 1 year old, maybe closer to 2.
They do look faded and older to me, too. There was a mention made of two letters being visible on the tag by someone on television the other night. While we don't see them due to whatever reason, LE could have something to go on in that respect. (They also mentioned that a terrorist was found because of a tag on a shirt or something.)

Craigslist's Reno Rant has produced some interesting finds. I had never checked it out before until someone mentioned these to me. (A huge thanks to that person...you know who you are!) I don't know that any of it is true or if they are the true ravings of a loon on there...but worth checking out anyway.

Also there was this mention on CL:

I didn't grab the links, but they are on CL Reno Raves And Rants section.

Awesome sleuthing as usual SS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member