OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stay on track guys - you are doing some awesome work here!

Remember - we don't discuss posters that are no longer here. It is against the TOS. If you have any questions, send me a pm, don't put it in the thread.

I am really amazed at all the good work here! You all deserve kudos, lots of them!!!!

Salem

Thanks for the reminder, Salem.

We ARE doing some pretty great stuff here, guys! I know this case is frustrating for many of us, but let's keep searching and bring this family home!

I think they wanted the truck to be found. Makes me wonder if LE has had the money tested to see if it is even real. I think it would explain alot. BTW, it is hard to take animals across the border. They get quarantined and papers are required.

If someone hurt them, why not take the money too? No one would know if the money was there or not.

If you need help with the vin, let me know. Also, I'll find out where the storage container came from. Do you mean the manufacturer/distributer, or the individual purchase and transaction?

Also- for whoever was inquiring about the bar that Sherilyn worked at in OKC- it was on South Western called the Enzone, but it has since changed names and ownership. I can google earth it to find the current name, if it's important.

Thanks for the name of the bar. I just mean where Bobby and Sherilyn got the container from.Or who they got it from. I also really would like to know who dropped it off to them.

I think they wanted the truck to be found. Makes me wonder if LE has had the money tested to see if it is even real. I think it would explain alot. BTW, it is hard to take animals across the border. They get quarantined and papers are required.

I have been pretty perplexed by the dog issue, myself. Might be because I am a dog person- but I am having a really hard time seeing how the Jamison's dog (or any dog, for that matter) lived in their apparently abandoned truck for so long and did not:
A: tear it up/ try to get out/ cause lots of animal-related issues to the fabric in the vehicle
B: eat every food item left in the vehicle
C: not suffer from a heat-related illness while in the vehicle for so long

Any takers on why this might be?

[/B]

I have been pretty perplexed by the dog issue, myself. Might be because I am a dog person- but I am having a really hard time seeing how the Jamison's dog (or any dog, for that matter) lived in their apparently abandoned truck for so long and did not:
A: tear it up/ try to get out/ cause lots of animal-related issues to the fabric in the vehicle

Well being a dog person for close to well almost a half century...lol in door out door dogs that have been very loyal. Ones I took camping, horse shows, to the grocery store and around the block if they wouldn't get out of my vehicle. The first thing that came to my mind was were any of the windows open? I guess I should know that after following this case for some time. But some dogs would stay by the vehicle loyal to the end. Possibly getting out to find food and go to the bathroom so to speak Only to jump back in to wait. What kind of dog did they have with out going back if I may ask?

Well being a dog person for close to well almost a half century...lol in door out door dogs that have been very loyal. Ones I took camping, horse shows, to the grocery store and around the block if they wouldn't get out of my vehicle. The first thing that came to my mind was were any of the windows open? I guess I should know that after following this case for some time. But some dogs would stay by the vehicle loyal to the end. Possibly getting out to find food and go to the bathroom so to speak Only to jump back in to wait. What kind of dog did they have with out going back if I may ask?

A little shih tzu-type pup....

Can you see a dog (any dog?) locked in a vehicle without open windows for a week or more, with food items available in the vehicle-but not touching the food items in the vehicle- and also not doing any damage to the fabric or whatever in the vehicle in the meantime?

Mine would have snarfed everything in sight, scratched up the seats and the window trim, etc, and eventually peed and pooped pretty much everywhere.

This really has me scratching my head.

Can you see a dog (any dog?) locked in a vehicle without open windows for a week or more, with food items available in the vehicle-but not touching the food items in the vehicle- and also not doing any damage to the fabric or whatever in the vehicle in the meantime?

Mine would have snarfed everything in sight, scratched up the seats and the window trim, etc, and eventually peed and pooped pretty much everywhere.

Great points. I'm thinking the dog would also have gnawed up all of the paper items as well, if only to stimulate its saliva glands in the midst of such thirst. Its survival instincts appear not to have taken over; and yet it survived.

Dogs may be able to go 7-10 days without water, and perhaps a pup could survive it better than an adult; not sure. Without food? Anecdotal accounts have them surviving for 2-3 weeks. Without both? And surviving? And not playing hell with every gnawable thing in that truck? Hinky, hinky.

Perhaps the dog was in the truck for an appreciably shorter period of time than the truck sat in the spot in which it was abandoned.

Great points. I'm thinking the dog would also have gnawed up all of the paper items as well, if only to stimulate its saliva glands in the midst of such thirst. Its survival instincts appear not to have taken over; and yet it survived.

Dogs may be able to go 7-10 days without water, and perhaps a pup could survive it better than an adult; not sure. Without food? Anecdotal accounts have them surviving for 2-3 weeks. Without both? And surviving? And not playing hell with every gnawable thing in that truck? Hinky, hinky.

Perhaps the dog was in the truck for an appreciably shorter period of time than the truck sat in the spot in which it was abandoned.

Hi wfgodot!

BBM: thank you for reinforcing my point so eloquently! ;)

[/B]

I have not seen where any news link mentions any damage the truck may or may not of had but since you mention this list , you are correct in that the damage to the truck should be very noticable with makes me question how they can state confidently that there are no signs of any struggle.

Small dogs, like this one, have trouble breathing. Either someone was feeding it or it was by the grace of God, that he(she) lived.

I still wish it could talk!

I have not seen where any news link mentions any damage the truck may or may not of had but since you mention this list , you are correct in that the damage to the truck should be very noticable with makes me question how they can state confidently that there are no signs of any struggle.

I don't think there are any media links to the photos of the truck (other than the one with the doors open); however, the Sheriffs dept and the FBI both have photos of the interior of the truck. I imagine they wouldn't want them in the media because it is still an ongoing investigation, and those pics would be in evidence?
IIRC, it was noted in the media (can't remember where- I'll try to find the link) that LE had to break a window in order to remove the dog. So it sure doesn't sound like windows were opened, because even if they were just cracked LE could have popped a door, not broken a window.

IMO, that dog was not in that vehicle for the length of time indicated.

Which changes everything.
JMO.

I don't think there are any media links to the photos of the truck (other than the one with the doors open); however, the Sheriffs dept and the FBI both have photos of the interior of the truck. I imagine they wouldn't want them in the media because it is still an ongoing investigation, and those pics would be in evidence?
IIRC, it was noted in the media (can't remember where- I'll try to find the link) that LE had to break a window in order to remove the dog. So it sure doesn't sound like windows were opened, because even if they were just cracked LE could have popped a door, not broken a window.

JMO.

Oh, no, Oriah!! I don't even want to think of "changing everything!"

JMO.

They could have just popped the door anyway. I guess the glass was broken because of the the urgent need of the dog. I have a 97 and a slim jim thing does work rather quickly and is not a complicated process.Even a coat hanger works.

Oh, no, Oriah!! I don't even want to think of "changing everything!"

I know exactly how you feel, but truthfully....I think we have to.

At the very least, we need to rework the timeline; as well as consider the fact that the Jamisons may not have been on the mountain that day. And without a doubt, someone was on the mountain with the dog at a much later date.

Or possibly there was a reason why the Sheriffs dept used the dog as evidence that the Jamisons LS timeline was valid.

But it is not.

They could have just popped the door anyway. I guess the glass was broken because of the the urgent need of the dog. I have a 97 and a slim jim thing does work rather quickly and is not a complicated process.Even a coat hanger works.

Yes, I agree. I think the window was broken because of the urgency of the dog and also because it may have appeared that there was a human inside as well.
Although considering the ease of popping a door and the fact that most LE carry slim jims.....I still don't really get it. Maybe it was broken by the individual(s) who first found the truck. IDK.

I'm not positive, but I thought mtrooper said there were bags of chips in the truck.

I'm not positive, but I thought mtrooper said there were bags of chips in the truck.

Correct, there were. And they were not torn open or scattered as such as would happen if you locked a dog in a vehicle without any source of food for an extended period of time.

Correct, there were. And they were not torn open or scattered as such as would happen if you locked a dog in a vehicle without any source of food for an extended period of time.

Ok. I wasn't sure. That IS odd!

Okay. So.... What are some of the possible ramifications, supposing the dog was placed in the vehicle at some point after said vehicle was abandoned? I sign on to that theory, but what might it mean in terms of the disappearance? Ideas?? I'm boggled (but I was boggled long before this). Who might have put the dog in the truck? Why? Where had the dog been in the interval? (And how does it affect the odds on my oft-stated [and much ridiculed!] theory that the Jamisons left of their own accord?)

Each new possibility in this case is like another explosion in a jigsaw puzzle factory. The bits and pieces keep getting smaller, and scattering in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10