GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tatoo's anyone know what they may mean???
like the RED STAR??? TRIBAL ???
Give us any hints to clubs? fantasy? movies? any guesses???

Snipped this from an email from a friend in Palm City, FL. I had sent her an email to see if she or her mother have seen any news about BS and JE and TS, as they are both originally from VA and it would have caught their attention:

"I did see the amber alert 3 times. They think they are headed to Florida. Showed photos, the license plate number, Va tag from Salem and he killed the Mom. They did a pretty good job. Showed a good photo of both of them and the car."

I was also encouraged by the sighting in the FL Walmart, even though it turned out to be a false sighting. Tells me there are people out there not afraid to call in and get involved if they think they have information.

Do they know they are heading a certain way, or just guessing by where his relatives live?
They could be anywhere in 5 days, even in California, if they had cash for gas. And they probably could have stolen a car without another state thinking of any connection, if they even know about Brittany. There should at least be a national APB/BOLO, if there is not already.
And they could easily have stolen some plates, from that rumor church van or anyplace.

We used to drive from Key West FL to NC (Middle upper state) and driving straight thru, with gas/bathroom/food breaks only took us 20 hours at the most. We were booking it too. Key West is on the very tip of the islands .. it is usually very warm there too. Lots of homeless camp out on the beaches there. BUT, it would be dumb to go there, there's only one road in and one road out..

Yes this is where I live..... And They have cleaned up all the homeless Camps but there are a lot of Campgrounds, And Boats...

I wonder if Brittany even realizes there is a nationwide manhunt for them. If she knows, she might be a little more brave in trying to attract the attention of someone.

I sent the posts with the flyer and car to my friends out of state esp CA & FLA & TX.
Maybe we all could do that and they can do that also and we can get more word out.
Being young and dreamer, IMO he would head for a warm, beachy place.

Hi all. I'm new but a lurker.

W/r to the tattoos, I am looking at that right now. The star is a "nautical star" and it is supposed to symbolize someone looking for their own path, and to the stars for guidance. I will keep looking for more info.

Hope they are found soon.

The tatoo's anyone know what they may mean???
like the RED STAR??? TRIBAL ???
Give us any hints to clubs? fantasy? movies? any guesses???

The red star is a nautical star this is the meaning wikipedia gives

The Nautical Star on the left wrist aligned with the thumb is believed to be a positive guide for the future. The left palm is used in palm readings to reveal a persons future and the nautical star is used in this instance to guide the palm. As with many tattoo designs, the nautical star may or may not be intended to convey a meaning to the viewer. In some cases, the wearer may simply appreciate the design for its beauty, simplicity, symmetry or ability to serve as a backdrop or an additional ornamental element of any tattoo. For other wearers, the symbol is intended to convey one of a variety of different meanings.

"This symbol is often associated with sailors and those who make their living on or by the sea. Quite apart from the military/naval connotations, the nautical star recalls the sailor's reliance on celestial navigation. At times, the tattoo can be coloured in red or green to symbolise membership of the port or starboard watch, respectively.[1]

Often, though, the symbol is used to convey an allegorical, rather than a literal, meaning. The link to celestial navigation could, for example, symbolize that the wearer's wish to find his or her way home safely, particularly in the case of military personnel. Further, it could express a desire to find one's way in life more generally."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_star

If only 1 driver and on adreneline rush, how far away could JE drive from Fri night til
today??? I'm bad on mileage and speed and time. I know that my hubby and I both driving with few pit stops made it from PA to Fla in 20 hours straight just 1 time.
Could they be in ARZ, TX,CALF by now??? where it is allot warmer than in the east???

The big thing that bothers me is the silver neon is not seen any where, do they have another car? I heard about a red SUV mentioned on here also at the beginning.
By now state troopers and truckers would BOLO for them on all interstates.

I was visiting my son on an Army Base when 911 happen, he told me to take his little brother and go home to AZ without stopping, that was a 37 hour drive. We only stopped to use the bathroom, I was the only driver! You would be surprised under stress how far your body will go to get away from something!

I am so afraid for this little girl. I think of her daily. I no longer think she went on her own. I think he took whatever feelings she had toward him to the extreme! I am afraid that once this child no longer wants to be with him and travel like this without money or food or shelter that he is going to be very angry and become desperate.

My heart aches for her. She needs to be found. Is there a COD yet for the mom? Is her dad helping at all? God if this were my child I would map out all the campgrounds from VA to Florida and start making my way through them. I would not be able to sleep until I found her.

Also do we think she witnessed her mother's murder?

Do we know where the nautical tat is on JE body???
on his wrists????

answer to my own questin............dah, I should of read the flyer! HIS FOREARM!!!!
and tribal is on his CALF.

Anyone Know what the Gas Mileage and Size of Tank on a Neon?

Do we know if he was in the Navy? Or ever had a boat?

I think the reason for no sightings in those states is because they may have left Salem as soon as they were done at Wal mart and booked it to A warmer state like Florida, and I know Driving from Florida (Miami) to VA would only take about 29 hours of straight driving and that would bring us to Sunday and at that time there wasn't even a amber alert for people to look for them.

I see what you're saying! I think.....LOL! I think it is logical for LE to assume they booked from Salem the night of the WM trip. I mean, why hang around? I wonder if there have been any additional purposes along the way using TS credit cards.

The Neon would need gas at some point. I wonder how many fill ups would be needed for a neon to travel from Salem to Miami. (I am sadly, not good with math skills, LOL)

BTW, My dear bf just called me from Raleigh, NC on I-40 and there are no AA's at all on the sign in our state capital. GRRRRR:furious:

MOO

wm

Do we know where the nautical tat is on JE body???
on his wrists????

I think I remember someone saying it was on his calf because they commented that as cold as it is, we aren't likely to see his bare legs.

Brittany Smith involved with Mom's Beau?
Police are looking for a 12-year-old girl who went missing this week after her mother was found dead in their Roanoke, Va., home Monday.
On "The Early Show," CBS News correspondent Jeff Glor reported police are investigating the death of Tina Smith as a possible homicide. And they now believe Smith's boyfriend may have kidnapped her daughter.
Police are desperately searching for Brittany Mae Smith. She's been missing for five days. The body of her mother, who was 41, was found Monday.
More...

Brittany Smith's classmates pray for her safe return
Classmates and neighbors sang "Amazing Grace" and prayed for the safe return of 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith who disappeared last week and police believe is with the 32-year-old man who is being sought for questioning in the murder of Brittany's mother.
More... Video included...

Facebook, Myspace prove little help in search for Brittany
After more than five days of searching, police in Roanoke County Virginia say 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, even in the virtual world where leads on Facebook and Myspace are leaving police empty handed.
The problem police are facing is that those same sites aren't releasing all the information police need and they aren't making much progress.
Earlier tonight, Brittany's family did there part asking her to come home.
"I've prayed for you every day since I found out you were gone and will continue to pray until you are found and returned back to us... I love you," said Kim Stevenson, Brittany’s cousin.
Tearful remarks from Brittany's family as police continue to search for leads in the missing girl’s case.
Police have had 375 leads but they aren't getting far. They've even gone online.
More...

North Carolina county asked to help in investigation
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office confirmed to NEWS 7 it has been contacted by the US Marshals and the FBI to explore leads in the area where Jeffrey Scott Easley went to high school.
More...

Someone's hidning missing Va. girl, man
A police chief in Virginia says he believes someone may be hiding a 12-year-old girl and a man she disappeared with after the child's mother was found dead.
Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder also said Wednesday morning that a warrant has been issued charging 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley with abduction.
More...

Friend: missing girl feared mom's partner
A missing Virginia girl expressed fear of her mother's live-in boyfriend months ago, a friend says.
Brittany Smith, 12, was afraid Jeffrey Easley, 32, "would come over and take her away and hurt her mom," the friend, Rebecca Kilian, 13, told The Roanoke Times.
More...

Alabama issues Amber Alert for Va. girl
Easley and Smith are believed to be traveling in a Silver Dodge Neon with a Virginia license plate XKF2365.
Here is more information from the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
In addition to Alabama, the search has been expanded to several states, including North Carolina, California, Florida, West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, according to Roanoke County, Va. Police Chief Ray Lavinder.
Authorities said Easley bought camping equipment including a blue, Ozark Trail domed tent.
More...

Latest details in Brittany Smith case
As the search for missing 12 year old Brittany Smith continues some new details have come forth. One of the items purchased by Jeffrey Easley at the Walmart store was a tent. The two could be anywhere and sleeping in that tent. One of Brittany’s friends came forward and said that during phone conversations Brittany would ask her to stay on the phone until her mother got home because she was afraid Easley would hurt her. It has been speculated that Brittany may not know her mother is dead.
More...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member