CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this link posted (if it has already been posted, my apologies, and please disregard post)

VIDEO: Hamilton Police (Staff Sgt. Steve Hrab) News Conference on the Arrest

At a news conference regarding the arrest Friday morning, Staff Sergeant Steve Hrab said that just because an arrest has been made doesn't mean his and his detectives' work is over.

"It just turns into a new phase, " he said.

"I certainly hope that if anyone has any relevant information in regards to Mr. Scott that they would like to share with us, please call us, we still have a lot of work to do."

Gleave's friend Phil Kinsman said he hopes that whatever the truth is, justice is served.

Scott made a brief first court appearance Friday afternoon wearing white pants and a white T-shirt.

The 50-year-old appeared stunned and looked around the room as he got into the stand.

The court heard he had legal representation, who had contacted the Crown.

The only words Scott said before stepping down was: "Thank you, your Worship."

Scott's next court appearance was scheduled for Feb. 16, by video.

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/484564--we-still-have-work-to-do

Toronto Sun Video - Man charged in sex slaying

http://www.torontosun.com/video/man-charged-in-sex-slaying/786867190001

As I already said, I thought DLS was not responsible for A's murder ... at the time I thought he was pointed at too quickly, kinda too convenient. On one of
my early posts I even added that it might have been a blessing for him to be picked up by LE on Dec. 29th, thinking that if he had been set up, he could himself be
in danger.
Hopefully LE has the right guy. I also hope LE are considering the possibility of him being 'framed'. I guess forensics would know the difference if 'evidence' has been planted or not.
Same as you, LilyMcB, I have a vivid imagination, and had already made 2 different story plots in my mind, where sexual motive was not the real motive; had also discarded the science connection. Then again, I might change my mind once his picture is posted. (as always, all JMHO)

I have not been able to find the photo that was shown in an earlier article of DLS. It seems to have disappeared. Has anyone found any news article or police report concerning a body being found in Stenabaugh Cemetery during a film shoot two years ago? Wouldn't that have been huge news in such a small community?

Sorry I haven't been posting. I'm keeping up but dealing with health issues. I, too, have some serious doubts and questions.

I remember that news article, but having some trouble finding it again ...probably because I keep getting sidetracked by that line of googling..
In the meantime,I hope your health improves Missizzy!!!

Can't believe I got on a tangent about rush DNA, blah blah ... without justification :blush:

In reviewing posts, I've only been able to find that Sgt Hrab made reference to forensic evidence, not DNA. So, could be anything from dog hairs (as another poster mentioned), carpet fibres, soil samples, etc etc

Hopefully LE has the right guy. I also hope LE are considering the possibility of him being 'framed'. I guess forensics would know the difference if 'evidence' has been planted or not.

I can't shake that feeling either Hazel. DLS just doesn't seem like an "organized" killer that could cover his tracks to the extent that it took LE this long to reach their conclusion. With his mental state, one would think evidence would have been readily available.

If I recall correctly, LE said that DLS was a "fixture" in the community. Always hanging around the same places.

If that's the case, wouldn't LE and other street people know DLS fairly well and therefore his whereabouts?

I'm just trying to piece all of this together.:innocent:

oddly enough, I'd not read your post until I got home. At the Club today the talk was about DLS showing up at the local food banks shouting and being very aggressive and actually stealing from a church food bank (not sure how you can steal from a free thing) but it appears he is well known at food banks and church food banks .

Also, I did get a chance to ask the girls about the movie setting and the Stenabaugh Cemetary. As they both recall. About 3 years ago there was a TV series using the area for local "shoots" neither of them recall anything about a murder or a body found or anything like that. They didn't recall what the TV series was but they were very sure it wasn't a movie. It was just a TV shoot.

Hasn't it been announced that DLS is local to the area? He's described as being mentally ill. I'm assuming schizophrenia and probably not on medication. Surely, he's had some run-ins with the law before. Surely. Even if they have been relatively minor, aren't mug shots taken? Aren't they often included in news articles? Why would not a single paper not have a photo of this man? I would think that a photo would bring in tips from neighbors and community members who could help track DLS's activities during the last part of December.

Hasn't it been announced that DLS is local to the area? He's described as being mentally ill. I'm assuming schizophrenia and probably not on medication. Surely, he's had some run-ins with the law before. Surely. Even if they have been relatively minor, aren't mug shots taken? Aren't they often included in news articles? Why would not a single paper not have a photo of this man? I would think that a photo would bring in tips from neighbors and community members who could help track DLS's activities during the last part of December.

Good point re the mug shot and a photo helping to bring in tips Missizzy. He may have even been in other communities where people didn't know his name but would recognize his picture. It is such a common name ... even I know someone named David Scott from years ago in Ontario.

C'mon LE ... loosen up a bit if you want help from the public.

I can't shake that feeling either Hazel. DLS just doesn't seem like an "organized" killer that could cover his tracks to the extent that it took LE this long to reach their conclusion. With his mental state, one would think evidence would have been readily available.

Yep, right on. I'm thinking DLS is a fall-guy for LE. This is upsetting. We need LE to be more forthcoming, to tell us if these Southern Ontario attacks/murders are linked and to give us more info.

The public will be glad to help LE, but right now I'm not even certain the public knows what we're supposed to be looking for.

IF DLS somehow made it up to the Orangeville area - we need to know that.

We also should be told IF LE has DNA evidence on DLS.:maddening:

Good point re the mug shot and a photo helping to bring in tips Missizzy. He may have even been in other communities where people didn't know his name but would recognize his picture. It is such a common name ... even I know someone named David Scott from years ago in Ontario.

I've sent an email to sgamble at the expositor with the above sentiment, hopefully I'll get a response. Keep you posted if/when I do.

-sgamble responded to my email saying "good point, I'll ask them" (meaning the police)

so I guess we might find a photo in the Expositor, or, I'll bet she writes an article on why no photo.

You guys and gals are so smart!

But in the meantime, Le is busy dealing with yet another suspicious death.
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/485998--man-discovers-body-outside-back-door

The Hamilton Spectator 20 minutes ago Man discovers body outside back door
Gary Yokoyama/The...POLICE INVESTIGATIONPolice are investigating the discovery of a body at the back door of a Cathcart Street home early Wednesday.
Police are investigating the death of an adult whose body was found outside the back door of a Cathcart Street home Wednesday morning.

A resident of the house found the body – police say they don’t yet know the gender – when he stepped out the back door at about 9 a.m.

Det. Sgt Ian Matthews described the incident as a suspicious death and said it is too early to determine if it is a homicide.

The deceased is not a resident of the house, said Matthews.

Watch thespec.com for details

I don't recall reading this before...

http://www.brantconnection.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2962112
When invited to speak, Scott gave a meandering speech that touched on Moses, Northrop Frye and protein shakes.

I wonder if DS's photo is withheld so as not to taint potential witness recollection in a suspect identification lineup ?

I do recall hearing about his ramblings but I don't recall from whom. It seems as though DLS is extremely mentally ill - which leads me to think he'd be incapable of planning and carrying out such a vicious crime.

I'm more inclined to think the DLS would be only capable of loitering, having a concealed weapon (as was the case), perhaps bothering others, etc. It doesn't make sense that a person who is this unwell could pull off a crime like the crime against AG and then hide out silently until LE picked him up whilst searching the barn.

I do recall hearing about his ramblings but I don't recall from whom. It seems as though DLS is extremely mentally ill - which leads me to think he'd be incapable of planning and carrying out such a vicious crime.

I'm more inclined to think the DLS would be only capable of loitering, having a concealed weapon (as was the case), perhaps bothering others, etc. It doesn't make sense that a person who is this unwell could pull off a crime like the crime against AG and then hide out silently until LE picked him up whilst searching the barn.
just a small correction ... LE picked him up on December 29th, one day BEFORE Audrey's body was discovered. The barn search took place AFTER Audrey was found murdered, and LE received tips that led them to the barn. So DLS was already in jail.

In one of the early videos there is a lady saying neighbours spotted a man with a backpack walking down Audrey's driveway. (Will go see if I can find that video clip).
There is no mention of that man covered in blood or any blood trail.
If DLS committed the murder, is he supposed to have walked or biked to Audrey's home? Where could he have taken a shower after the fact? Wouldn't his shoes/boots/sneakers have been covered in blood? no footprints/bootprints?

just a small correction ... LE picked him up on December 29th, one day BEFORE Audrey's body was discovered. The barn search took place AFTER Audrey was found murdered, and LE received tips that led them to the barn. So DLS was already in jail.

In one of the early videos there is a lady saying neighbours spotted a man with a backpack walking down Audrey's driveway. (Will go see if I can find that video clip).
There is no mention of that man covered in blood or any blood trail.
If DLS committed the murder, is he supposed to have walked or biked to Audrey's home? Where could he have taken a shower after the fact? Wouldn't his shoes/boots/sneakers have been covered in blood? no footprints/bootprints?

Thanks for the correction. Now a question as my mind is busy/overloaded with other things this week: Please remind me why LE picked DLS up if it wasn't for the crime against AG. :innocent:

Oh wait - it was for 'possession of a concealed weapon' wasn't it?

Yep, right on. I'm thinking DLS is a fall-guy for LE. This is upsetting. We need LE to be more forthcoming, to tell us if these Southern Ontario attacks/murders are linked and to give us more info.

The public will be glad to help LE, but right now I'm not even certain the public knows what we're supposed to be looking for.

IF DLS somehow made it up to the Orangeville area - we need to know that.

We also should be told IF LE has DNA evidence on DLS.:maddening:

LE doesn't have any obligation to share with the public what their evidence consists of, but based on just some of the questions we've been able to come with related to DLS in Audrey's case, I believe they do owe the public a more concise statement to address those questions to some degree in order to alleviate concerns that are expressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth