17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was left out because they felt that was not relevant to the case.
IMO it doesn't show "character". If so, most of the under 23's of the world would have really bad "character".

Credit card companies/banks target young college aged people because they know they are not responsible and will run up their debt on those cards.

A lot of those young people default on the cards because they over spend and are not able to pay them off.
It's a horrible cycle and I blame the financial institutions a lot more then the card holders.

They know exactly what they are doing and it so unethical IMO.

JMO
That was 2008, < mod snip > not college age Zimm. And his being an Altar boy isn't relative to the case either. Nor was 3/4's of the stuff in that fluffnutter.

That other portion really likes to place the blame of not paying debt back to the credit card company. IMO, that's ridiculous.

Thanks for the link to the article.

I thought the <Mod Snip> part - where he didn't pay his credit card bills and had to settle was interesting, then still didn't pay after settlement. No big whoop, but another thing left out of that "comprehensive" fluff piece written about Z.

Considering he was reported he was making $10,000 a month at one time you would think he would have paid off that debt easily. jmo

JMO/IMO
Any, and all threats should be reported. Documentation should be turned over to the authorities.
I don't see any good reason why someone would complain, but refuse to be part of the solution to the problem.

So if she receives hundreds, she should make hundreds of phone calls.
She said some of them were not reported. That tells me some were. That would be her trying to be a part of the solution.

She also said she still has the letters and can turn them over.

I wonder if the threats are even being investigated. I would say I doubt it.
But, they should be.

That was 2008, dear, not college age Zimm. And his being an Altar boy isn't relative to the case either. Nor was 3/4's of the stuff in that fluffnutter.

That other portion really likes to place the blame of not paying debt back to the credit card company. IMO, that's ridiculous.

Ok, so he was like what??? 24?
I know lots of college kids that are 24. Just saying.
And wasn't he taking courses in like 2011? So, he is STILL college aged. IMO

And isn't that is when it was defaulted, not when he recieved it?
We don't know when he received it do we?

Altar boy and mentor IMO are representative of someone's character.
Financial records are not. IMO

So if she receives hundreds, she should make hundreds of phone calls.
She said some of them were not reported. That tells me some were. That would be her trying to be a part of the solution.

She also said she still has the letters and can turn them over.

I wonder if the threats are even being investigated. I would say I doubt it.
But, they should be.
JMO/IMO
If she believes she has received threats, yes, she should be documenting and turning the evidence over for every one.

The police need to investigate. They will also be able to explain to her the difference between a threat, a death threat, hate mail, and folks who just don't agree with her husband's actions. They are not all illegal.

And laying blame on a credit card company is not ridiculous when it is a FACT they target young people for the sole purpose of them runninig up the cards.

I'll pull some info, but there was talk at one time about limiting the booths they place on campus and youth events for that reason.

The practice is unethical.

Thanks for the link to the article.

I thought the deadbeat part - where he didn't pay his credit card bills and had to settle was interesting, then still didn't pay after settlement. No big whoop, but another thing left out of that "comprehensive" fluff piece written about Z.

Not to mention that once he made the settlement arrangements and his pay was set to be garnished, he quit the job. Sounds extremely irresponsible to me and also enhances my thinking that Zimmerman has trouble following rules.

~jmo~

Ok, so he was like what??? 24?
I know lots of college kids that are 24. Just saying.
And wasn't he taking courses in like 2011? So, he is STILL college aged. IMO

And isn't that is when it was defaulted, not when he recieved it?
We don't know when he received it do we?

Altar boy and mentor IMO are representative of someone's character.
Financial records are not. IMO
Not paying debts you promised to pay is not representative of character?

Wow.

Suffice it to say - I disagree.

That was 2008, dear, not college age Zimm. And his being an Altar boy isn't relative to the case either. Nor was 3/4's of the stuff in that fluffnutter.

Agreed, who. Although I do hope he can eventually introduce the fact he was an altar boy in a court of law - during sentencing.

If she believes she has received threats, yes, she should be documenting and turning the evidence over for every one.

The police need to investigate. They will also be able to explain to her the difference between a threat, a death threat, and hate mail. It's not nice, but it is what it is.

Perhaps she is not skilled in what to do if you find yourself in the storm of a national civil rights/criminal/prtotest/death threat kinda situation.

Maybe she reported some and nothing was done about it so she figured what was the point?

And laying blame on a credit card company is not ridiculous when it is a FACT they target young people for the sole purpose of them runninig up the cards.

I'll pull some info, but there was talk at one time about limiting the booths they place on campus and youth events for that reason.

That's pushing off responsibility to someone else.

Much like Zimmerman has been shown to do, imo

Not paying debts you promised to pay is not representative of character?

Wow.

Suffice it to say - I disagree.

Would pulling your financial records from when you were in college be a representation of your character today?

I know mine wouldn't be.

Perhaps she is not skilled in what to do if you find yourself in the storm of a national civil rights/criminal/prtotest/death threat kinda situation.

Maybe she reported some and nothing was done about it so she figured what was the point?

Seems they didn't have a problem reporting any and everything else so why not the threats they had received?

~jmo~

That's pushing off responsibility to someone else.

Much like Zimmerman has been shown to do, imo

Some practices are unethical and frowned upon even though they are legal.
The fact that that group of people is targeted should tell you how unethical it is.

BBM

So in other words, the credit card companies are guilty of profiling. Hmmmm.

o/t
Absolutely, daughter is 27, before college in H.S. she was getting almost as many applications for cc as she was invites to colleges.

Seems they didn't have a problem reporting any and everything else so why not the threats they had received?

~jmo~

She said SOME of them were not reported.
SOME of them.

That does not mean she never reported death threats.

ETA: What else did Shellie report?
I've seen nothing.

Would pulling your financial records from when you were in college be a representation of your character today?

I know mine wouldn't be.

He was 24 years old, already married. It wasn't like he was a 18 or 19-year-old kid who got caught up in not being able to pay for a credit card. He was also working a job that he quit after he agreed to a settlement with the company.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member