WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie-Dokey. After all this psychological profiling, I'm going with:

Personality Disorder -- very self-focused, history of fabrications, vindictive, obsessed with self-image, interested only in her own gain

I remember in one of your posts you mentioned a 'Personality Disorder' was difficult to treat because..... how do you alter or change someone's personality? MOO

Thank-you for your profile!

craycatladyscotland -

thank you for sharing your experiences and your post. I read through tears in my eyes. I'm happy you found a solution which works for you. It took a lot of courage for your to share that information and I appreciate it very much. :blowkiss:

Cubs'

ut

I don't post here much, but i have a unique insight into this case as I have very bad OCD. I have pondered whether or not to post this as its personal, but might give you an idea of how the OCD mind works. If you need to verify this then to the mods: please feel free to contact me. I'd also like to point out this post is not designed to offer medical advice to anyone, as one man's sugar is another man's poison. Finally I'd like to point out that at no point did i worry about posting this because its a mental health issue. I am happy to share this as I believe if someone de-mystifies mental health problems by talking about them then the world is a better place for everyone : ). When we hide it, we give it power over us and stop others seeing what is going on, thus stopping them from helping us and us from helping them. This too is ironic, as OCD is often known as *the secret disorder* because we hide it so well.

My OCD is *contamination* and *magical thought* based (magical thoughts mean my brain makes me perform rituals to cancel out bad luck or to keep things good, such as turning a light switch off and on 8 times before its *ok* and I find certain things which i know are not dirty, but i *feel* they are, which combined with magical thinking means everything takes forever). The worse it has been left me unable to leave my home except for once a week when i *had* to go out, for two years (i called it *my bubble* and nothing got into it without being cleaned, and if it couldn't be cleaned then it didn't come in). At one point (after i'd started trying to recover instead of letting it control me, which i did for many years) i ended up with my nephew, who was 2, coming to live with me. It was incredibly difficult. He'd be bathed the moment he came into the house, he had *inside and outside* clothing. At 3 he started attending the local nursery and every day he came back he got washed, and my husband had to drive him to the group as if i left the house i *had* to have a shower and *decontaminate* the house upon return. I did my best to hide it from him (making bath times fun and trying not to freak out if he touched something that made me want to scream out loud but I couldn't because i would never let him see me like that). The fear of this child (who i love like a son) was my only control over it for a long time, then i realised that he was picking up some of my *habits* so I had to fight with all my might to show him that the world was not a dirty place (not easy when your brain is telling you it is over and over again). I believe part of OCD is genetic (I have *deduced* that I have several family members who have it in differing severitys), so I didn't want to *plant any seeds* for future suffering for him. I know other *mothers* who have used their children as the reason to *fight back*, but it takes a lot of strength and some simply can't do it at that time.

So i went back to the doctor. they gave me several medications to try. it took 3 years to find one that worked. Meds don't take it away even when they work. Its always there at the back of my mind, and almost everyone I have ever talked to who have been lucky enough to get help with their OCD to the stage where they can cope have told me the same. Its like a shadow: The more you look at it the more you notice it and it can engulf you, but it can fade. You can be given pills to calm a panic attack down, but it just calms the heart and not the mind. The best way to do that is a combination of medication and therapy. The medication issue is quite complicated too:

Every brain is different. One med might work for one person but not suit/adapt/be accepted my another. One therapy might work for one person and not for another. The first medication they gave me had a huge effect on my blood pressure (as it worked on the same part of the brain that regulates blood pressure) and despite the fact it left me having dizzy spells, fainting spells and sudden blood-pressure drops as well as feeling terribly ill. I still took this drug for 3 months, just on the hope it would work. it can take at least 3-6 weeks (sometimes longer) for some of these meds to *build up* in your system enough to be effective. i tried 4 different meds (for a few months at least each). I was also having therapy at the same time (one session twice a month).

I have had times when I have been *triggered* into having a massive negative reaction. I was once so bad that when i thought i'd become *contaminated* by some food i ate I tried to gargle with bleach (if my husband was not here it would have been a lot worse, as I only ended up with slight burns rather than possibl dead). Whilst these things are happening I know deep in my heart and my mind somewhere that its irrational, that it is not a normal reaction, but to control it is the hardest thing in the world at that moment. Your mind simply betrays you and you feel powerless to stop it. you can see the pain in others eyes as they watch you/try to help, but you feel you can't stop. I wish i could find a better way to put it into words, but I fail every time I'm afraid.

I (and i know this sound strange) got *lucky* in my treatment, in that it was decided for me by fate. One day we were visiting a city about 160 miles aways and I became *contaminated*. This led to my husband having to drag me through a mall in one of our buggest cities whilst i was alternately hyper-ventilating and trying not to scream (and failing). We got into out car and i had a full blown panic attack (OCD often causes huge panic attacks, and a lot of the rituals and pandering to it that you do is in an effort to *stave* those off). We got stuck 160 miles from home in the worst moment there could be, and on the way out of there to get home as quickly as we could we got stuck in a huge traffic jam for an hour and a half. That hour and a half changed my life. It allwoed the panic attack to go full circle, i didn't calm myelf dlwn, i just *burnt out*. Then i realised that the world was still here, the people i love were still here and the panic subsided. i was shattered, but i realised i didn't *have* to do these things. I had been exposed to the worse thing that could (in my mind) happen, it happened and i was still there. From that base i worked to raise my confidence in my ability to interact with the outside world. I could touch things i wouldn't have dared to like money or bread from a bakery or simply open a door without it reducing me to tears (to be honest after this revelation i went a bit mad with power and did things like going to a supermarket and lightly bumping into people, as i had really feared contact with people i didn''t know, and even those i did). 6 months later i found a med that worked, and now i have my life back. Now, i'm not suggesting this as treatment to anyone, as if you did this to someone without their complicity then you could scar them for life, but this worked for me. But it never goes away. I find I'm always 10 thoughts ahead of everyone (which often shows up in my spelling as my brain is trying to spell the next word before its finished the one its writing), and i have a level of paranoia that is much more heightened than in those around me. The urges to follow rituals are still there, i just have to not give them power.

What i am trying to say is, i know what its like to have ocd and a small child/children around: so here are my thoughts:

Having OCD and a child around makes the OCD *thoughts* worse. It doubles/triples the *work* you feel you need to do. I was lucky that my love of this child actually helped me. It was if i had to watch every move i made plus every move the child made, and had to perform the OCD rituals and thought patterns for us both. This meant i was tired all the time.

I can see a situation where she could hurt her child because of OCD if she had what i called *a meltdown* (it took her over so completely that she did something and hurt him, ironically in what could have been a bid to save him from hurt).

I have some friends who have OCD and some have it completely effect their spouses/children (who are often forced to follow their rituals too). Some of these are the best parents i know, but i can't explain how i managed to, through the love of one special child, fight it, but not everyone can do this (but most of them do try more than anyone will ever know).

As far as her *putting it on*, from everything i have heard from the husband and her *friends* she shoulds like someone who has been dealing with it for a long time. It never goes away like i said, but fighing it takes up a huge abount of the finite amount of energy we have for such things, so sometimes if an external stressor come to the fore it can cause the OCD to get worse/makes it harder to fight (a bit like a car, it only has so much fuel, and I'm aware of how sad it is that this is the best way to describe it so i aplogise if that offends anyone). She has had a lot of these recently according to all i have read. I can imagine as a fellow dirt avoider that moving house so often them losing the house you thought was forever must have been terribly traumatic (we moved once 7 years ago and it took me a year to recover and i nearly had to be hospitalised).

I have to wonder this: Is the reason she isn't helping because she's had a *meltdown* to the degree that she can't help anyone? Whether she has anything to do with it or not, she is likely (as an OCD effected person would) blaming herself (unless she is a sociopath, but I don't think she is). Could something else have triggered a massive panic attack that he bore the brunt of? I imagine that whilst in the heat of a huge meltdown a small scared chaild might push you to the stage where you just *break*?

Now I want to clarify one thing for you: I am not making any judgements here because its too *close to home*, i am simply stating what i think as an OCD effected person and factoring in the fact that i know her brain works in a different way to most others (as mine does), a way thats hard to understand for someone without this disorder. I just wanted to shed a little light for all the non-ocd'ers out there. I also point out that this is all in my (and i might add well-thought-out) opinion. I actually don't think enough is being done about the OCD angle, as i think this is the crux of the case. I also want to add that I am not suggesting that OCD'ers are violent or dangerous, but if those who live with it are honest it does cause us to think and sometimes do some pretty odd things that at the time we feel we have no control over in a way that can be hard for anyone else to understand. In fact the ocd'ers i've met have been some of thenicest most kind people I've ever met.

I finally want to share one last thing with you: OCD is on the autism spectrum, and autism spectrum disorders such as aprergers have been described as *being like a shotgun wound to the brain*. Every shot is similar in what it does, but the pellets can land anywhere, effecting differnt parts of the brains in everyone. everyone with an autism spectrum disorder may have similar symptoms but it can be hugely different from one person to the next. It also means that it has a lot of co-morbid (illnesses that exist along side other illnesses) conditions (such as I am bi-polar also). She could have many smaller co-morbid conditions that could be having an effect on what is going on. This is why i thin they should be looking into the OCD angle. I understand why they seem to be dancing around it/avoiding it but as someone who has lived it i know it could be a huge factor.

again, in my opinion, and apologies for any grammer or spelling issues. I'd finally like to point out that this case is simply breaking my heart. When i see the father my heart hurts for him, as he is going through the most unimaginable pain, plus he has loved someone with OCD which is one of the hardest things to do. I do hope with all my heart that this boy is found safe. but like i said the heart and the brain are two different things, and my brain is telling me otherwise (in a way i can listen to nd believe).

blessings to you all.

Thanks for telling about your situation. My brother has a very similar degree of OCD but he refuses all medications...so his world is reduced to basically, one room in a house, for at least 23 hours per day, and no sort of social or family life at all, except for (non-physical) contact with my other brother, his caretaker. It sounds like you do everything possible to manage the disorder.

As far as the mother in this case...if her degree of OCD worsened after the divorce/separation, rather than improved as she may have hoped, the younger child may have become overwhelming to her, as far as mess and disorder, and I know in my brother's case (from when my mom was alive, who he did speak with) that his "voices" would tell him to do or not do things and that certain things or people were a threat to him...God forbid if the little boy became the focus of such voices. JMO

Crazycatlady . . . thank you for sharing your personal insight into your experience with OCD. I appreciate your candor and your strength to explain to others how you cope. Your courage makes me proud to be part of WS as we welcome so many differing opinions and our goals are to gain the truth by learning and educating others. Please post more often as your voice should be heard and is welcome here!

ut

I don't post here much, but i have a unique insight into this case as I have very bad OCD. I have pondered whether or not to post this as its personal, but might give you an idea of how the OCD mind works. If you need to verify this then to the mods: please feel free to contact me. I'd also like to point out this post is not designed to offer medical advice to anyone, as one man's sugar is another man's poison. Finally I'd like to point out that at no point did i worry about posting this because its a mental health issue. I am happy to share this as I believe if someone de-mystifies mental health problems by talking about them then the world is a better place for everyone : ). When we hide it, we give it power over us and stop others seeing what is going on, thus stopping them from helping us and us from helping them. This too is ironic, as OCD is often known as *the secret disorder* because we hide it so well.

My OCD is *contamination* and *magical thought* based (magical thoughts mean my brain makes me perform rituals to cancel out bad luck or to keep things good, such as turning a light switch off and on 8 times before its *ok* and I find certain things which i know are not dirty, but i *feel* they are, which combined with magical thinking means everything takes forever). The worse it has been left me unable to leave my home except for once a week when i *had* to go out, for two years (i called it *my bubble* and nothing got into it without being cleaned, and if it couldn't be cleaned then it didn't come in). At one point (after i'd started trying to recover instead of letting it control me, which i did for many years) i ended up with my nephew, who was 2, coming to live with me. It was incredibly difficult. He'd be bathed the moment he came into the house, he had *inside and outside* clothing. At 3 he started attending the local nursery and every day he came back he got washed, and my husband had to drive him to the group as if i left the house i *had* to have a shower and *decontaminate* the house upon return. I did my best to hide it from him (making bath times fun and trying not to freak out if he touched something that made me want to scream out loud but I couldn't because i would never let him see me like that). The fear of this child (who i love like a son) was my only control over it for a long time, then i realised that he was picking up some of my *habits* so I had to fight with all my might to show him that the world was not a dirty place (not easy when your brain is telling you it is over and over again). I believe part of OCD is genetic (I have *deduced* that I have several family members who have it in differing severitys), so I didn't want to *plant any seeds* for future suffering for him. I know other *mothers* who have used their children as the reason to *fight back*, but it takes a lot of strength and some simply can't do it at that time.

So i went back to the doctor. they gave me several medications to try. it took 3 years to find one that worked. Meds don't take it away even when they work. Its always there at the back of my mind, and almost everyone I have ever talked to who have been lucky enough to get help with their OCD to the stage where they can cope have told me the same. Its like a shadow: The more you look at it the more you notice it and it can engulf you, but it can fade. You can be given pills to calm a panic attack down, but it just calms the heart and not the mind. The best way to do that is a combination of medication and therapy. The medication issue is quite complicated too:

Every brain is different. One med might work for one person but not suit/adapt/be accepted my another. One therapy might work for one person and not for another. The first medication they gave me had a huge effect on my blood pressure (as it worked on the same part of the brain that regulates blood pressure) and despite the fact it left me having dizzy spells, fainting spells and sudden blood-pressure drops as well as feeling terribly ill. I still took this drug for 3 months, just on the hope it would work. it can take at least 3-6 weeks (sometimes longer) for some of these meds to *build up* in your system enough to be effective. i tried 4 different meds (for a few months at least each). I was also having therapy at the same time (one session twice a month).

I have had times when I have been *triggered* into having a massive negative reaction. I was once so bad that when i thought i'd become *contaminated* by some food i ate I tried to gargle with bleach (if my husband was not here it would have been a lot worse, as I only ended up with slight burns rather than possibl dead). Whilst these things are happening I know deep in my heart and my mind somewhere that its irrational, that it is not a normal reaction, but to control it is the hardest thing in the world at that moment. Your mind simply betrays you and you feel powerless to stop it. you can see the pain in others eyes as they watch you/try to help, but you feel you can't stop. I wish i could find a better way to put it into words, but I fail every time I'm afraid.

I (and i know this sound strange) got *lucky* in my treatment, in that it was decided for me by fate. One day we were visiting a city about 160 miles aways and I became *contaminated*. This led to my husband having to drag me through a mall in one of our buggest cities whilst i was alternately hyper-ventilating and trying not to scream (and failing). We got into out car and i had a full blown panic attack (OCD often causes huge panic attacks, and a lot of the rituals and pandering to it that you do is in an effort to *stave* those off). We got stuck 160 miles from home in the worst moment there could be, and on the way out of there to get home as quickly as we could we got stuck in a huge traffic jam for an hour and a half. That hour and a half changed my life. It allwoed the panic attack to go full circle, i didn't calm myelf dlwn, i just *burnt out*. Then i realised that the world was still here, the people i love were still here and the panic subsided. i was shattered, but i realised i didn't *have* to do these things. I had been exposed to the worse thing that could (in my mind) happen, it happened and i was still there. From that base i worked to raise my confidence in my ability to interact with the outside world. I could touch things i wouldn't have dared to like money or bread from a bakery or simply open a door without it reducing me to tears (to be honest after this revelation i went a bit mad with power and did things like going to a supermarket and lightly bumping into people, as i had really feared contact with people i didn''t know, and even those i did). 6 months later i found a med that worked, and now i have my life back. Now, i'm not suggesting this as treatment to anyone, as if you did this to someone without their complicity then you could scar them for life, but this worked for me. But it never goes away. I find I'm always 10 thoughts ahead of everyone (which often shows up in my spelling as my brain is trying to spell the next word before its finished the one its writing), and i have a level of paranoia that is much more heightened than in those around me. The urges to follow rituals are still there, i just have to not give them power.

What i am trying to say is, i know what its like to have ocd and a small child/children around: so here are my thoughts:

Having OCD and a child around makes the OCD *thoughts* worse. It doubles/triples the *work* you feel you need to do. I was lucky that my love of this child actually helped me. It was if i had to watch every move i made plus every move the child made, and had to perform the OCD rituals and thought patterns for us both. This meant i was tired all the time.

I can see a situation where she could hurt her child because of OCD if she had what i called *a meltdown* (it took her over so completely that she did something and hurt him, ironically in what could have been a bid to save him from hurt).

I have some friends who have OCD and some have it completely effect their spouses/children (who are often forced to follow their rituals too). Some of these are the best parents i know, but i can't explain how i managed to, through the love of one special child, fight it, but not everyone can do this (but most of them do try more than anyone will ever know).

As far as her *putting it on*, from everything i have heard from the husband and her *friends* she shoulds like someone who has been dealing with it for a long time. It never goes away like i said, but fighing it takes up a huge abount of the finite amount of energy we have for such things, so sometimes if an external stressor come to the fore it can cause the OCD to get worse/makes it harder to fight (a bit like a car, it only has so much fuel, and I'm aware of how sad it is that this is the best way to describe it so i aplogise if that offends anyone). She has had a lot of these recently according to all i have read. I can imagine as a fellow dirt avoider that moving house so often them losing the house you thought was forever must have been terribly traumatic (we moved once 7 years ago and it took me a year to recover and i nearly had to be hospitalised).

I have to wonder this: Is the reason she isn't helping because she's had a *meltdown* to the degree that she can't help anyone? Whether she has anything to do with it or not, she is likely (as an OCD effected person would) blaming herself (unless she is a sociopath, but I don't think she is). Could something else have triggered a massive panic attack that he bore the brunt of? I imagine that whilst in the heat of a huge meltdown a small scared chaild might push you to the stage where you just *break*?

Now I want to clarify one thing for you: I am not making any judgements here because its too *close to home*, i am simply stating what i think as an OCD effected person and factoring in the fact that i know her brain works in a different way to most others (as mine does), a way thats hard to understand for someone without this disorder. I just wanted to shed a little light for all the non-ocd'ers out there. I also point out that this is all in my (and i might add well-thought-out) opinion. I actually don't think enough is being done about the OCD angle, as i think this is the crux of the case. I also want to add that I am not suggesting that OCD'ers are violent or dangerous, but if those who live with it are honest it does cause us to think and sometimes do some pretty odd things that at the time we feel we have no control over in a way that can be hard for anyone else to understand. In fact the ocd'ers i've met have been some of thenicest most kind people I've ever met.

I finally want to share one last thing with you: OCD is on the autism spectrum, and autism spectrum disorders such as aprergers have been described as *being like a shotgun wound to the brain*. Every shot is similar in what it does, but the pellets can land anywhere, effecting differnt parts of the brains in everyone. everyone with an autism spectrum disorder may have similar symptoms but it can be hugely different from one person to the next. It also means that it has a lot of co-morbid (illnesses that exist along side other illnesses) conditions (such as I am bi-polar also). She could have many smaller co-morbid conditions that could be having an effect on what is going on. This is why i thin they should be looking into the OCD angle. I understand why they seem to be dancing around it/avoiding it but as someone who has lived it i know it could be a huge factor.

again, in my opinion, and apologies for any grammer or spelling issues. I'd finally like to point out that this case is simply breaking my heart. When i see the father my heart hurts for him, as he is going through the most unimaginable pain, plus he has loved someone with OCD which is one of the hardest things to do. I do hope with all my heart that this boy is found safe. but like i said the heart and the brain are two different things, and my brain is telling me otherwise (in a way i can listen to nd believe).

blessings to you all.

This is a fascinating and insightful post, thank you so much for sharing your experience.

There really isn't enough information out there about JB to diagnose her, especially when you've never met her.

I understand there are documents with diagnoses and I think it's reasonable to discuss that. But, as a licensed (verified by WS) clinical psychologist I wouldn't add or subtract diagnoses. MOO.

Going back to lurking.

Would charges against JB be more for negligence..ie if something happened to Sky while she was gone vs if perhaps he died of an overdose while she was gone vs leaving child in the car? TIA

Bless you crazycatladyscotland. Thank you so much for sharing such a personal story of experience from your own struggle with functioning with OCD. I appreciate the dilema you faced with whether to get into it or not.

I am glad you opted to share as your recounting of your own siuation gives me a much better insight into this disorder and into what challenges JB may have been facing as a mother of two struggling also to get a handle on her OCD.

Thank you so much for taking the leap of faith required to share so much of yourself with us out here.

The guy who owns the sugar daddy "arrangements" website, he said he can't tell whether someone registered for themselves or if someone else did it using their name (because it's free and he doesn't do background checks).

Can LE determine who registered the account? If they can, I can understand why they wouldn't make that info public. I just wondered if all that computer forensics that we see on shows like CSI, SVI, NCIS etc is realistic. A lot of their TV science is fake, but I don't know enough about computers for this one.

The guy who owns the sugar daddy "arrangements" website, he said he can't tell whether someone registered for themselves or if someone else did it using their name (because it's free and he doesn't do background checks).

Can LE determine who registered the account? If they can, I can understand why they wouldn't make that info public. I just wondered if all that computer forensics that we see on shows like CSI, SVI, NCIS etc is realistic. A lot of their TV science is fake, but I don't know enough about computers for this one.

They can check the IP logs from the dating site and see the IP address of who was logging into the site, and when.

They'll know quite easily if she was logging on with her computer. I believe they have it, but I'd have to confirm that.

ETA: She probably had to register using an email addy. If it's an email she's known to use or they find she created on her computer, that's simple as pie.

While perusing the net, I found an alternate spelling for Julia paired with Biryukova.....Yulia. Might be worth looking at.

I noticed she also has a AKA Valerie which is her middle name.

the squiggly balls by any chance????

((Howdy metro D neighbor!!!:seeya:))

LOL Catching up, but had to respond. This is why I switched to KIRO for the pressers....along with hearing that commerical so much!! It was driving me bonkers and now have a hard time getting past it to just listen to any video with updates....especially the bass line in the music at the end --brings back memories of frustration with this site.

PS, I dont care what she has. Its interesting to read and pick apart while we wait for real information as human behavior is fascinating. HOWEVER, I have no sympathy. Her illness is not more important than her child's life. I just dont care how she feels. Unless its remorse and I wont hold my breath.

PS, I dont care what she has. Its interesting to read and pick apart while we wait for real information as human behavior is fascinating. HOWEVER, I have no sympathy. Her illness is not more important than her child's life. I just dont care how she feels. Unless its remorse and I wont hold my breath.

Thanks once more to all the Lawyers,Mental Health Workers and Nurses for their patience & time answering and clarifing aspects of this thread that otherwise would go unanswered. :seeya:

There really isn't enough information out there about JB to diagnose her, especially when you've never met her.

I understand there are documents with diagnoses and I think it's reasonable to discuss that. But, as a licensed (verified by WS) clinical psychologist I wouldn't add or subtract diagnoses. MOO.

Going back to lurking.

It was stated that she had OCD - I think in the court records? Of course it's not 'verified'. As a fellow psychologist, I'm with you on not handing out armchair diagnoses, but I think folks are going with what has been reported.

(I think she received other diagnoses as well but I can't think of them off the top of my head...)

Cognitive and behavioral therapies are the primary form of treatment for OCD -- even OCD as extreme as it sounds JB's was/is. There are medications that can help reduce the underlying anxiety that fuels OCD compulsions and obsessions but, to my knowledge, there's no easy 'fix' via medication for this disorder. I can tell you from experience that cognitive and behavioral techniques (and sometimes you only use one or use one more than the other -- it's two separate approaches that can be intertwined) work really well for OCD. Some medications can take up to a month or even longer to take effect.
I have to disagree.

Before the late 1960's, OCD was viewed as unresponsive to cognitive or behavioral therapies. Talk therapy was rarely successful in reducing the severity of obsessions or compulsions. Understanding the symbolic meaning of obsessions increased the patients’ understanding of their thoughts, but it was unable to decreasing patients' obsessive-compulsive behavior because this disorder is most likely a biological disorder (a malfunction or a structural problem in the brain).

The most broadly effective treatment for OCD is currently SSRIs. The patient should continue drug therapy indefinitely. Relapse of symptoms begins within a few months of discontinuance. Available data suggest, but do not prove, that providing behavior therapy while the patient is taking medication may be useful to delay relapse if the medication is discontinued.

The OCD patient on SSRIs usually begins to show a decrease in symptoms around the second month of medication treatment.
http://ocd.stanford.edu/treatment/pharma.html

Pensfan
_______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse
PMHNP

Many thanks and much appreciation to you crazycatlady for so openly and honestly sharing your personal experience of suffering OCD. I, too agree that the more it is hid, turned a blind eye to, and ignored the more it grows in it's strength and power over the sufferer, but just as important the more ignorant we, as the masses continue to be about OCD. Therefor the masses continue to be scared or fearful of it as it's possibly contagious, and become to feel it safer to not speak or even acknowledge it's existence. With the false hope that in that it will just go away, disappear, or somehow not even be "real".. But as you can certainly attest to it's very "real" and it's something that should continue being brought to the light of day and openly discussed.. To take the "fear" out of it and help find better ways to control it, contain it, and live with it.. Hidden these things will never happen and the stigma only grows..

It is people such as yourself that is able to take that step and share your personal experiences.. All of it. The bad and the ugly.. Your doing so will strengthen others who have not yet had the strength to step forward or to conquer and control the OCD rather than allowing the OCD to control one's life. Your taking the initiative and having the courage to do will help others bring their dark, hidden secrets of OCD to light and thus IMO taking one further step forward in taking back control of one's life.. This must continue in order for there to be progression of treating this disorder successfully.. IMO it's "fuel" is the darkness, fear, and keeping it hidden.. Knowledge, education, and the light of day are OCD's "kryptonite" for lack of a better word..

Thank you so much crazyzatlady for making the decision to so openly and honestly share with us your personal battle.. I am so happy for you that you have found the route that works best for you in taking control of your life back from the hellish talons that OCD can very much have one trapped with and keep such a strong hold on one's entire life.. I pray that you have a beautiful life that you deserve and have deserved all along, but only now are able to actually appreciate and enjoy.

Much thanks to you!

Thanks for the link...maybe they are closer than they are letting us know...

The last paragraph:
CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children.

Keeping all options open....or perceiving it that way, imo.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/card

cognitive and behavioral therapies are the primary form of treatment for ocd -- even ocd as extreme as it sounds jb's was/is. There are medications that can help reduce the underlying anxiety that fuels ocd compulsions and obsessions but, to my knowledge, there's no easy 'fix' via medication for this disorder. I can tell you from experience that cognitive and behavioral techniques (and sometimes you only use one or use one more than the other -- it's two separate approaches that can be intertwined) work really well for ocd. some medications can take up to a month or even longer to take effect.

Thank-you,your estimation of the time for SSIs to work is accurate. When I began taking them it took well over a month for my symptoms to lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson