Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly I need to go get some coffee, I see the part where it talks about the items being located, but I don't see anything about them being taken or not. Did I miss it?

I'm sorry, actually it was here that the cash being inside her purse was mentioned.

"Sierra LaMar has no independent means of support," sheriff's Sgt. Herman Leon wrote in a statement outlining the grounds for Garcia-Torres' arrest. "All of her known personal belongings, including her asthma inhaler, her money, her house keys and the clothing she was wearing the morning of her disappearance, have been located."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/24/BA281ON11J.DTL&tsp=1

This today was obviously just the arraignment, to formally charge him. They have to do that in so many hours, ( I think it's 72 here) after the arrest. All the judge does is read the charges, ask him if he understands them, and ask if he wishes to enter a plea. You are not going to hear what evidence they have against him right now. I would guess that the next hearing on May 31 will be a bail hearing, where his attorney will argue with the DA, but it's possible the judge may not grant it, if he's charged with 1st degree murder and kidnapping. I have no idea if he already addressed the bail issue today. Probably not, since it was so short.

He'd be more likely to get bail if he had a job to go to. Being unemployed, why should they let him go home? What for? So he can go fishing?

KGO news reported this morning that the body found in Pleasanton yesterday is not believed to be Sierra based on decomp and the age of the person. FWIW.

Ok, that's the part I was reading too. It doesn't specify where they were located right? The reason I ask, is this means that they could have been located at her house, in a field, by a lake, in the bag, in his car, in his house, or any combination of those.

I'm sorry, actually it was here that the cash being inside her purse was mentioned.

"Sierra LaMar has no independent means of support," sheriff's Sgt. Herman Leon wrote in a statement outlining the grounds for Garcia-Torres' arrest. "All of her known personal belongings, including her asthma inhaler, her money, her house keys and the clothing she was wearing the morning of her disappearance, have been located."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/24/BA281ON11J.DTL&tsp=1

So, everything that she was known or thought to have taken with her was located. Apparently LE is searching for the nude body of Sierra. What else is there?

Video - court hearing that shows wife and family
http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4232

News Talk AM KGO - 810 Radio
KGO Morning News
8:00 am local news

Pleasonton body found, autopsy scheduled for today
Also updates on SL case.
As heard on Kindle Fire - TuneIn Radio app

I hope I would ask the prosecutor to take the death penalty off the table no matter what. I'm very opposed but I don't think it's possible to know for sure what one might do until the situation arises.

I'm glad I live in a no death penalty state.

If I had to choose for myself between life in prison and death, and I was guilty of the crime (i.e. ZERO chance of it being overturned) I'd take the death penalty. It may be cowardly, but it is the easier option, especially for a child rapist.

Ok, that's the part I was reading too. It doesn't specify where they were located right? The reason I ask, is this means that they could have been located at her house, in a field, by a lake, in the bag, in his car, in his house, or any combination of those.

As far as I've searched, nothing says exactly where the other things were located, but we do know where the purse was, so I'm assuming that the money or keys or anything else was probably in it? It's really confusing no?

I wish they would start executing the 619 sitting on death row. I have read files over hundreds of
these oxygen wasters and trust me, the world would be a better place. Till you walk the tiers and have to deal with them, I don't know if the people who are against them dying would feel the same.

To prevent what they are really like and telling you what some have done (who didn't get death) would make you violently ill, I will refrain from mentioning it.

We all have this idea these guys are regular people. We hear "death row" and some of us think "Green Mile" where most of the inmates are sympathetic characters, even when they confine a brutal guard in a closet using force.

If that's the case then they probably would have found another unknown DNA contributor on her clothing.

I agree - LE said he was the one and only suspect so I do not expect any other DNA was found.

IMO, there would only be one way to positively know it was her money - it had to be located in something of her's, be it her purse, a clothing pocket, etc.

We all have this idea these guys are regular people. We hear "death row" and some of us think "Green Mile" where most of the inmates are sympathetic characters, even when they confine a brutal guard in a closet using force.

The only problem I've got with the death penalty is that its not carried out faster. JMO

I'm trying to keep myself busy cleaning my house so I don't sit here hitting f5 all day. :p

IMO, there would only be one way to positively know it was her money - it had to be located in something of her's, be it her purse, a clothing pocket, etc.

But, what if it were still in the house? I could put a whole senario around that thought, but really, I fear the worse. I think LE has him on camera, driving past those homes halfway down her block, and they cleared up the video well enough to catch a glimpse of something other than just himself inside that car, driving toward the exit of the cul-de-sac. MOO

Be interesting if something personal of hers was found in the car...under the seat,between the seat & back, in the trunk...

But, what if it were still in the house? I could put a whole senario around that thought, but really, I fear the worse. I think LE has him on camera, driving past those homes halfway down her block, and they cleared up the video well enough to catch a glimpse of something other than just himself inside that car, driving toward the exit of the cul-de-sac. MOO

If Sierra has indeed passed, then I hope they DO have video of him driving on her street. They are going to need as much evidence as possible. I worry how this trial would go without a body. I really hope they evidence they have is strong enough. A video of him on her street would be pretty damning.

Here's a question, remember how the neighbor said something along the lines of "trust me, her family had nothing to do with this"? What do you think she meant by that? Do you think maybe she saw the red jetta or maybe knows someone else on the street has a video of the car driving by on the street?

Be interesting if something personal of hers was found in the car...under the seat,between the seat & back, in the trunk...

That's what I have been thinking. For some reason I can't get lip gloss out of my mind.

If her purse dumped (my does all the time) then it is possible something got left in the vehicle.

Would he be so "bold" as to not clean it out afterwords?

Many people don't get cards because there are a fair amount of employers who will terminate employment for having one. So, it can be safer for your job to get it illegally, makes sense huh, lol.

ive never heard this. its medical information so it is kept CONFIDENTIAL and theres no way for your employer to know you have one unless you disclose it.

anyway, back to the case at hand. im a newbie and this is my first post btw

several things;

i wonder if AGT was a drug dealer, or someone she might have seen at a party. i wonder if she got in the car willingly. he looks harmless enough.

also, it feels like the state doesnt have enough evidence..but theyre charging him with MURDER. they have stated they dont have blood, dont have a murder weapon...what could they possibly have that indicates murder? kidnapping, yes. is it simply the fact that shes nowhere to be found and there is evidence that the 2 had contact?

im thinking some of the dna evidence must point to a sexual assault, and they are inferring murder based on that. and the fact that the clothes she was wearing that morning were found.

i really hope they have more than that , that substantiates the murder claim. we also saw casey anthony get away because of "reasonable" doubt. for them to risk it, and have double jeopardy attatched...they must be desperate, stupid, or holding back bombshell evidence. and thats what im wondering about..what else could possibly point to murder , that isnt blood or a murder weapon? in my opinion, it should be more than circumstantial if they are charging him with murder.

as an aside, i have a feeling he will deal for the location of her body.especially if they do have more evidence that he sees during discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie