Identified! NH - Unidentified Male, 2005

Synthia1021

Reaction score
This one has been tugging at me for awhile, I have asked everyone in my office their opinion and they all think its the same person. The weight is off, but in the several months that he has been missing, and his age, I think weight loss could happen. The nose, and the raised eyebrow in the pics are so alike. Opinions please! Thanks, Synthia

Robert Abramowicz
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503199S

unidentified (the photo on the bottom looks more to be Robert)
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200700069S

The autopsy photo and his photo do look a like alike except for the black mole near his mouth. I wonder how advanced his Alzheimers was? My grandmother's was pretty advanced and she would not of had enough mental capacity to run away and kill herself.

Hi Synthia,

I'm no pro at this, and would like to know how you guys attempt matches someday.

Anyway, I think Abramowicz's ears in the picture w/the red hat look longer than the ears in the "unidentified" picture. Too bad there aren't more profile pictures of these two.

It just makes me sad knowing there are so many missing and unidentified people. Good luck!

I think it is worth reporting. Go for it!

I took a really good look at both pics for several minutes, and I don't think it is a match. However, I am not sure, and I think it would be better to send it in and be mistaken than to not send it in if it is in fact a match.

Please let us know what happens, Synthia.

Lion

I think the mouth looks pretty similar, but I would wonder why whoever reported Robert missing, why they would not say he had alias'. I doubt if he had alzheimers he would be maintaining different identities to the extent of a fake license and such. I still think it should be reported.
April

It could be, I would report it. One thing that I always look at are the ears. It looks like the guy with the red hat has very large ears and the shape does not seem to match. BUT, it is always worth it to report it.

Strange. This guy used the alias of "Gregory M. Braunfl". There was a Gregory M. Braunfl who lived in Mass. who died at age 70 (same as the unidentified approx. age), but according to Social Security Death Index, that man died on October 1, 2006, a few months after the unidentified man committed suicide. SSDI states that the real Mr. Braunfl's last residence was Pittsville, MA. There are listings for Gregory M. Braunfl at the Montcalm Apartments on New Ludlow Road in Chicopee, MA. Apparently, Mr. Braunfl previously lived in Las Vegas, as well as possibly Denver, Bethpage, NY; and Springfield, MA.

The autopsy photo and his photo do look a like alike except for the black mole near his mouth.

I don't think that's a mole... I think that's something attributed to his death...

I don't think it's the same person... the UI looks much younger.

While it would be nice to give two families closure, I agree with Audrey. Also Mr. Abramowicz was 81 when he disappeared and the John Doe was 70 when found.

Abramowicz, 81, disappeared from North East, Maryland on July 22, 2005. In late September 2007, his skeletal remains were found in a ravine in Elk Neck State Forest, only about a mile from his home. Abramowicz suffered from Alzheimer's Disease and had previously wandered away from his home. Foul play is not suspected in his death.

I think he might have been Gregory Braunfl. Since it is an unusual last name, I looked it up on ancestry and found a Gregory M Braunfl from Berkshire Mass. says he died in 2006, that was when this guy died.

Could that just be the name they used for his obituary as that is what he called himself?

See my post, #8, above. According to Social Security Death Index, the real Gregory Braunfl died in October, a few months after this man committed suicide. Not sure if it could be the same guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back