Hotel worker sees Josh & boys day Susan reported missing

Jules71

Reaction score
"Among the new information detectives have received lately: A hotel worker in Sandy, Utah, 17 miles south of Salt Lake City, told them Josh Powell and the boys showed up for a continental breakfast the day Susan Powell was reported missing."

Snipped

"Charlie looked right up at me and he says, 'Do you know what happened to my mom?' So I say, 'No, what happened to your mom?"' Snyder told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

She never got an answer. She was called to fetch coffee for guests and when she returned, Josh Powell had left with his boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/14/josh-powell-papers-found-at-washington-recycling-site/

If this is being discussed elsewhere I apologize. I just saw it on NW Cable News and then googled it. This woman called the tip line after this case began making news and was never contacted until recently??? I am speechless. Especially given what she alleges little CP said "Do you know what happened to my mom?"

Nice camping trip with a hot continental breakfast at a hotel . . . wow - what happened to Susan? Where is she?

I know she is with her boys in Heaven.

"Among the new information detectives have received lately: A hotel worker in Sandy, Utah, 17 miles south of Salt Lake City, told them Josh Powell and the boys showed up for a continental breakfast the day Susan Powell was reported missing."

Snipped

"Charlie looked right up at me and he says, 'Do you know what happened to my mom?' So I say, 'No, what happened to your mom?"' Snyder told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

She never got an answer. She was called to fetch coffee for guests and when she returned, Josh Powell had left with his boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/14/josh-powell-papers-found-at-washington-recycling-site/

Great lead. He stayed in a hotel with the kids in Sandy, Utah. The kids are asking about their mom BEFORE she's reported missing. He didn't use his name to rent a room, if he did.

Snyder learned from her bosses that Josh Powell hadn't taken a room in his name, although he was in the breakfast room when she arrived for work about 6:30 a.m.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...d-at-washington-recycling-site/#ixzz1mPYBmTko

Nice camping trip with a hot continental breakfast at a hotel . . . wow - what happened to Susan? Where is she?

I know she is with her boys in Heaven.

He wasn't registered as a guest under his name but apparently there for breakfast. Can this be for real? If it were me with this info I would have kept contacting detectives until someone talked to me. Did she tell her supervisor? Why didn't they save the surveillance tapes?

I am sure it would be really easy to sneak in to a hotel for breakfast. They aren't usually watched that closely. He just showed up for a freebie after "camping" all night.

Staying in a hotel makes sense though. Sleeping in a tent after midnight (having to pitch a tent in the dark is difficult, especially with two kids) in the cold is not feasible to me. He must have stayed in the hotel and used another name. JMO

Staying in a hotel makes sense though. Sleeping in a tent after midnight (having to pitch a tent in the dark is difficult, especially with two kids) in the cold is not feasible to me. He must have stayed in the hotel and used another name. JMO
By law you have to have an ID and car license plate I believe.

Could have had fake ID and just fudged the plate # - no one usually checks. Hopefully LE has contacted everyone registered that night.

I think he was busy all night and just dropped in with the boys hoping for a free breakfast.. It was late when he left the house .....

imo

Not to mention that if you had spent some time out in the weather the day or night before, and if it involved either digging or burning then a warm shower might be needed.

I'm always leery of those stories that show up months or years after the crime was in the media. But I have seen in other cases where sometimes a person makes a report to the tip line, and when no one gets back to them they drop it. But it happens.

Look how many times it took the meter reader in the A case.

So I am thinking he didn't stay there either. If he didn't leave his house until after midnight then he wouldn't be checking into a hotel in the middle of the night most likely. And the front desk might have remembered him if he tried to check in at 6:30 am. Very strange.

How far away was this from their home?

I think he could have easily snuck his boys in for the breakfast. We stay at a Comfort Inn when we visit my sister in law out of state. There is one right near her home. When we leave on the last day she and her kids usually would come and have breakfast with us as we are leaving. Nobody has ever checked them, they just come in and sit by us and eat.

They say that, but I have never once been asked for my ID when I checked in. I always have to show the credit card I made the reservation under though, so maybe they figure that is sufficient ID.

If JP did not make a reservation in advance, and paid in cash, he could have registered under any name. I am not sure hotels check IDs even though they are supposed to. They ask for car make and model and licence tag number at check-in, but then probably never confirm the info given. A person could make up a car and tag number and no one would be the wiser if the hotel is somewhat lax with check-in info. And I tend to believe many hotels are lax.

I'm not sure what to make of this story. It seems rather fishy that it is just coming out now & the woman says police just barely interviewed her. Doesn't make sense to me. Either the story is hinky or the police dropped the ball big time. Sadly either one seems possible at this point!

They say that, but I have never once been asked for my ID when I checked in. I always have to show the credit card I made the reservation under though, so maybe they figure that is sufficient ID.

If JP did not make a reservation in advance, and paid in cash, he could have registered under any name. I am not sure hotels check IDs even though they are supposed to. They ask for car make and model and licence tag number at check-in, but then probably never confirm the info given. A person could make up a car and tag number and no one would be the wiser if the hotel is somewhat lax with check-in info. And I tend to believe many hotels are lax.

I've had to show ID, but never have had a license plate number required. I took a taxi to the hotel anyway, so I could not have given one.

Maybe he stayed under the name Steve Chantrey?

Given his withdrawal of the $7000 cash, he might be quite used to dealing in cash to cover his tracks - buying gas, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back