Jason Young to get new trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly does look like a pull up to me. That is what my 5 grammy kids have done while wearing a night time pull up, they get up and take it off, then put pj bottoms back on. I could see CY doing this when she woke up.

That's what I thought. I spent a month with my daughter and her family not too long ago and I had to help with bedtime for children aged 2.5 and 4. It was standard to put a pull up on the 2.5 year old. In the morning, he took it off. Children also tend to leave the pullups in the wrong place. I would interpret that (if it is a diaper) as the child taking off her own diaper in her bedroom in the morning ... before she was in her mother's bedroom. If that is a diaper, why would investigators state that someone cleaned and changed the child? If it is a diaper, how do they explain that it is on the floor?

The testimony is that she was unable to put her pants back on. That she would typically remove the diaper (not pull-ups at night) and stay that way until MY dressed her.

Do you recall who said that? Michelle and Jason would certainly know the child's habits, but children develop so quickly and change patterns as they grow, so I would be very surprised that anyone else would actually know what the child did in the morning. The 2.5 year old that I spent time with recently had no problem with pants ... it was shirts ... pushing his head into the sleeve and other complicated, frustrating clothing acrobatics.

The hose testimony is completely bizarre! I have to wonder how investigators got it into their heads that a dripping hose after a day of working in the yard meant that someone had a shower under the hose in the back yard when the temperature was near freezing ... but investigators actually believed some version of this, and tested the soil for blood.

In my opinion, it demonstrates how investigators approached the investigation. They looked at something like a dripping hose, and somehow tried to tie it to Jason and imply that it illustrated his guilt. It's like the rock that propped open the door. Jason had no reason to use a rock to prop open a door, yet because there was a rock propping open a door on the night of the murder, investigators did a DNA analysis of the rock in an attempt to connect it to Jason and illustrate his guilt. It clearly demonstrates that investigators had tunnel vision, and then they set about proving their theory.

They didn't know he had been working in the yard. Where did you come up with this? When did he tell them he had been working in the yard? They came in cold and found a dead body. They proceeded to examine the crime scene. Did they ever present the leaking hose in the trial, ever emphasize it's importance? I don't think so. Never once did they suggest this implicated his guilt. They had tunnel vision yet it took 3 years to arrest him?

I could have sworn it was a pull up she wore. That is a night diaper that most kids wear once they stay dry during the day.n I will try to find a link. Also that is the age most kids are learning to dress themselves. So it's always possible that when CY had all that time in the morning and no one there to help her get dressed she learned how to put her pj bottoms on herself. I claim this to be just as reasonable as the theory that someone removed her from the house took her somewhere and laundered her pj's and brought her back to the house. IMO

She was 2 1/2 years old. Girl. First child. I would suspect she knew how to do pull-ups. MOO.;)

What do you mean they TRIED to tie it in as evidence? It's something that they found upon examining the scene. Are you saying that they shouldn't have mentioned it ?

It was mentioned during the trial. Any thoughts on why it is relevant?

Testifying Monday in the retrial of Jason Young, a crime scene investigator described for jurors the grisly scene ... Michael Galloway ... an investigations supervisor for the City-County Bureau of Investigation, the organization that collects evidence for law enforcement agencies at crime scenes in Wake County ...

"Galloway noted blood on the knob on a door to the garage from the kitchen.

Outside the house, he saw a tire track in the mud next to the driveway next to a lamp post by the street. He also noticed a water hose in the backyard running with water leaking from both the spigot and handle."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10721740/#0pdHkB6Ja68ZDtLV.99

The hose testimony is completely bizarre! I have to wonder how investigators got it into their heads that a dripping hose after a day of working in the yard meant that someone had a shower under the hose in the back yard when the temperature was near freezing ... but investigators actually believed some version of this, and tested the soil for blood.

In my opinion, it demonstrates how investigators approached the investigation. They looked at something like a dripping hose, and somehow tried to tie it to Jason and imply that it illustrated his guilt. It's like the rock that propped open the door. Jason had no reason to use a rock to prop open a door, yet because there was a rock propping open a door on the night of the murder, investigators did a DNA analysis of the rock in an attempt to connect it to Jason and illustrate his guilt. It clearly demonstrates that investigators had tunnel vision, and then they set about proving their theory.

Not only did they try and imply that Jason cleaned himself off with the hose out in the yard in freezing cold weather, but that CY could have been taken outside and cleaned the same way.....just boggles.
And, the DNA on the rock, I am not positive of the results, do you remember specifically?
I need to look that one up..okay, it was inconclusive.

That's what I thought. I spent a month with my daughter and her family not too long ago and I had to help with bedtime for children aged 2.5 and 4. It was standard to put a pull up on the 2.5 year old. In the morning, he took it off. Children also tend to leave the pullups in the wrong place. I would interpret that (if it is a diaper) as the child taking off her own diaper in her bedroom in the morning ... before she was in her mother's bedroom. If that is a diaper, why would investigators state that someone cleaned and changed the child? If it is a diaper, how do they explain that it is on the floor?

Correct me if I am wrong but you said your daughter had 4 children under the age of 4? One can hardly use that as a measure for CY. She was an only child. Your daughter is swamped. Comparing apples to oranges.

They didn't know he had been working in the yard. Where did you come up with this? When did he tell them he had been working in the yard? They came in cold and found a dead body. They proceeded to examine the crime scene. Did they ever present the leaking hose in the trial, ever emphasize it's importance? I don't think so. Never once did they suggest this implicated his guilt. They had tunnel vision yet it took 3 years to arrest him?

The leaking hose was mentioned during trial. It does take a long time to arrest someone when the investigation is governed by fitting evidence to a suspect.

It was mentioned during the trial. Any thoughts on why it is relevant?

Testifying Monday in the retrial of Jason Young, a crime scene investigator described for jurors the grisly scene ... Michael Galloway ... an investigations supervisor for the City-County Bureau of Investigation, the organization that collects evidence for law enforcement agencies at crime scenes in Wake County ...

"Galloway noted blood on the knob on a door to the garage from the kitchen.

Outside the house, he saw a tire track in the mud next to the driveway next to a lamp post by the street. He also noticed a water hose in the backyard running with water leaking from both the spigot and handle."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10721740/#0pdHkB6Ja68ZDtLV.99

He's stating what he found at the crime scene. It's as simple as that.

Not only did they try and imply that Jason cleaned himself off with the hose out in the yard in freezing cold weather, but that CY could have been taken outside and cleaned the same way.....just boggles.
And, the DNA on the rock, I am not positive of the results, do you remember specifically?
I need to look that one up..okay, it was inconclusive.

The fingerprints and DNA on the rock did not match Jason.

page 57: http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2013/07/30/12722071/show-file.pdf

(page 57 in the pdf, page 49 in the document)

He was actually describing the "grisly scene" and, in that context, he mentioned the hose.

Correct me if I am wrong but you said your daughter had 4 children under the age of 4? One can hardly use that as a measure for CY. She was an only child. Your daughter is swamped. Comparing apples to oranges.

I did not state that my daughter had four children under the age of four. My daughter is not a baby machine that pops one out each year. I stated two children aged 2.5 and 4. There's a third child that is a few months old, but all she does is sleep. My "swamped" daughter's 2.5 year is capable of removing a pull up, putting on his pants, and managing zippers. Girls tend to develop at a younger age, so it's quite possible that Jason's daughter, the "only child", could also put on shirts and manage buttons. Perhaps she could also drive a car! Oh wait, there's video of that!

I could have sworn it was a pull up she wore. That is a night diaper that most kids wear once they stay dry during the day.n I will try to find a link. Also that is the age most kids are learning to dress themselves. So it's always possible that when CY had all that time in the morning and no one there to help her get dressed she learned how to put her pj bottoms on herself. I claim this to be just as reasonable as the theory that someone removed her from the house took her somewhere and laundered her pj's and brought her back to the house. IMO

The testimony via MF and SS was that she wore a diaper at night; pull-up during the day and that she could undress very easily but did not dress herself. If she did put her own pants on, it was the first time ever.

Then we're back to -- she slept in her bedroom and we have to wonder then when she got into the blood and got cleaned up because it's far fetched to believe that she remained spotlessly clean if she woke that morning in her room until 1:30PM. Her doll was found next to MY's head.

Hopefully this highly trained man is not wasting the jury's time with mentioning facts, such as the hose, that are not relevant to the prosecution's case.

If I wrote 4, then clearly it was a misprint. My daughter is not a baby machine that pops one out each year. I stated two children aged 2.5 and 4. There's a third child that is a few months old, but all she does is sleep. My "swamped" daughter's 2.5 year is capable of removing a pull up, putting on his pants, and managing zippers. Girls tend to develop at a younger age, so it's quite possible that Jason's daughter, the "only child", could also put on shirts and manage buttons. Perhaps she could also drive a car! Oh wait, there's video of that!

You did not mention that your daughter had 4 children.......

Oh, wow, I almost forgot this one. same Page 57, also.

"The timing was such that the state tried to establish that Mr. Young chartered a plane in Hillsville."

Wow! That is another example of investigators turning themselves into pretzels in order to pin the murder on Jason. Did they really think that he could charter a plane and keep that secret while he committed murder? Where did they get these crazy ideas?

You did not mention that your daughter had 4 children.......

Unless she had a couple of other children locked in the cupboard, I'm pretty sure I only mentioned that two ... but there is the newborn as well ... she doesn't do zippers ... yet.

Wow! That is another example of investigators turning themselves into pretzels in order to pin the murder on Jason. Did they really think that he could charter a plane and keep that secret while he committed murder? Where did they get these crazy ideas?

Yes, but they would have to bypass Gracie on this one, unless there was a landing strip nearby and he needed fuel for the twin engines.

Hopefully this highly trained man is not wasting the jury's time with mentioning facts, such as the hose, that are not relevant to the prosecution's case.

I actually do think the prosecution was just pointing things out as the video was shown because the backyard was included and you never know if that may be important. It isn't at this point but think about some other evidence that is very important right now, such as CY's pajamas and the absence of footprints on the carpeting in the hallway. I think it's fine that they showed the hose. There never was any testimony indicating that the hose was used in the crime, just that they did swab it for DNA and tested the area for blood and there was no blood or blood residue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong