GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Beverly!

1411739631000-beverly-carter.jpg

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

24 hour Communications number: (501) 340-6963

Criminal Investigations Division: (501) 340-6940

Central Arkansas CRIMESTOPPERS tip line:(501) 340-TIPS(8477)

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Media Thread

Call me old fashioned (and married to the same person for over 40 years) but I think meeting someone online can be very dangerous. Proceed with caution.

:) Ima, whew reading that out loud will put ya out of breath ... Thanks for the New Thread...

Call me old fashioned (and married to the same person for over 40 years) but I think meeting someone online can be very dangerous. Proceed with caution.

I believe in this day and age, caution is a great word any place you meet someone. Killers and rapist don't just prey on the internet. Sadly, a lot of serial killers have been seemingly normal family people who you would never expect to even speed much less kill. I guess that is how they get away with it so long.

In the early- to mid-90s I met several people online for dates before online dating was really even a thing (AOL chat rooms!). My mother was terrified that I would end up dead in a dumpster because "you don't know who those people are!!"

The ONLY person I dated during that timeframe who ended up being dangerous was the guy who murdered his ex-fiancee after we had been dating for less than three weeks. He was someone I was reacquainted with at a bar. I knew him from high school (he went to a different one, but dated a lot of girls from my school), and who comes from a prominent Little Rock family. Online dating isn't the danger. Dangerous people are.

Yes, it absolutely can. But I have met many, many people.....women and men....from the internet, and they've been completely normal people. (To clarify, as a woman, in my case, women were platonic and pregnancy or parenting related :) ). Some adults DO have the ability to discern and weed out the crazies!!! I've been involved in internet forums to meet women/friends, and I've done online dating, quite extensively (for men). I've never, ever met up with someone who was "crazy." Maybe that's because I'm pretty discerning and had a long communication process beforehand. I Just want to say a bad light should not be cast on ALL online relationships (friends or dating) because there are actually perfectly normal people out there doing it....people who actually also have in person relationships in addition to their online friends! :)

Welcome Platespinner

<Mod Snip>
AL never had a truck that anyone has been able to prove, or even seen him drive. Here is the link to where you can look up his vehicles. http://www.countyservice.net/review?item=449262 I checked it and it still works. At the time all this happened, it was believed he only had the Fusion and had sold the Malibu. Same record search shows that CL had a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, but listed under a different last name than Lowery.

From the time he got out in August 2013 he always had two cars. He showed two in the video, it was a Jeep and a Pontiac. Then he had two different motorcycles, I believe. He had the Ford Fusion, which he got stuck in the mud and that he wrecked, and the gentleman that pulled him out of the mud verified it was a Fusion.

Carried over from end of Last Thread
ConnectZdots http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-8-ARREST&p=11347823#post11347823

NJ had posted ( on 11/5/14 at 4:19AM) that LE took CL's cell phone on that Sunday (9/28) well before she was arrested, and were allegedly looking at texts btwn CL and AL from Thurs 9/25 to Sunday 9/28 per NJ... She also remarked that LE decided to keep the cell phone rather than return it to CL so she had to find herself another phone that she used from that date fwd. I guess it's safe then to assume that they found something on that phone that warranted them holding onto it and keeping it in their own evidence cache rather than returning it to her. She wasn't arrested for another month.

Hagger's suggestion to go back and reread all threads again was a really good one. There were all different people before I came here - I came on at thread 4. And many local people with tons of good info and insights. Plus I found FH links I'd not seen previously with more AL info that for me was extremely relevant now with our new information. Not sure if we can link to that or not? I mean they did back in thread 3 but seems the rules are tightening as we move forward. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-8-ARREST&p=11347823#post11347823

Wonder if CL deleted anything off of her orig cell phone thinking they wouldn't be able to pull it off the phone?

Former VI also alluded to there was stuff on the 2nd phone that may come into question. Photos of drugs and video. Should be interesting what is on these phones in this case. If CL was using the 2nd phone 9/28, AL still was out and about with his phone and could have sent those pic and video to her. Will be interesting to see how this pays out later.

Links:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-8-ARREST&p=11320978#post11320978
and
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-8-ARREST&p=11321021#post11321021

I think you should use caution whoever you are meeting. If you are advertising for a date, advertising items for sale, or advertising sex you have no idea who is behind that profile and show up. Just last week a fairly local couple got robbed when they advertised an xbox for sale and the buyer showed up. jmo

I think you should use caution whoever you are meeting. If you are advertising for a date, advertising items for sale, or advertising sex you have no idea who is behind that profile and show up. Just last week a fairly local couple got robbed when they advertised an xbox for sale and the buyer showed up. jmo

I read in the paper, where a lady was meeting in a Walmart parking lot, in broad daylight, for a craigslist deal of something she had bought and was attacked. You just have to be aware and cautious at all times these days. It is crazy what people will do to you, even for a small amount of money. Always be aware of your surroundings and keep safety first. I would hate to have any type of job, where you went out and met cold calls, such as what BC did. I have a friend who is a home appraiser and I worry for her a lot.

Guys, we can't link to the sites you are discussing that CL and AL belonged to. If we can't link to them we can not discuss them.

Does anyone else find the irony in discussing the safety of people you meet on the internet while talking to people on the internet? :thinking:

No irony for me. Im just concernedmother with no desire to" meet" anyone.No one knows who I am nor do I care to know who anyone else is. Im just here to discuss crime cases. Not meet & greet. jmo

Does anyone else find the irony in discussing the safety of people you meet on the internet while talking to people on the internet? :thinking:

So true. I have met a lot of people in real life from various groups. Some I consider my closest friends now. I joined my first online group back in 2000, a Christian Wives group and 14 years later we are still a group and have been blessed to meet some in real life.

IMO, there's a big difference. We are not here to sell our goods or buy a used bed. I am not here to make new friends or to meet people.

IMO, we are missing an important piece to this case. Kidnapping Beverly for ransom or reward is so far fetched. I just can't wrap
my head around anyone thinking they could pull off such a crazy idea. How many other cases have y'all followed on WS that involved
a kidnapping for ransom or reward? Either someone else played a role in Beverly's murder or their original plan went completely
off the rails.

IMO, we are missing an important piece to this case. Kidnapping Beverly for ransom or reward is so far fetched. I just can't wrap
my head around anyone thinking they could pull off such a crazy idea.
How many other cases have y'all followed on WS that involved
a kidnapping for ransom or reward? Either someone else played a role in Beverly's murder or their original plan went completely
off the rails.

I initially thought the same. But remember, AL also thought CL's ex would pay 5k for info on her. Add in his history of theft and a lawsuit payout, this guy is all about easy money.

Crazy people have crazy ideas. I don't think any of us will be able to comprehend what he thought the outcome would be. His words "she was a rich realtor" mean something.

With the recent discoveries, I'm not sure I really care about discussing this case until discovery comes out. Maybe not even then.

Originally, I wanted to see BC found, alive and not seriously harmed. She wasn't.

Then I wanted to know whodunnit and why. Arron arrested. No idea what motive might be but he was 7-time convicted felon, lacks social inhibitions, so motive not all that relevant. I would've been fine with reading a brief summary of the trial and verdict.

But then, the blushing bride was charged with receiving the victim's stolen phone and then she was arrested on same charges as her groom. I wanted to know how a normal-seeming woman with no known criminal or psychiatric background could get herself mixed up with this man and this crime.

Now I realize that they are both unsavory characters with shady pasts who aren't very smart, especially regarding tech & data capabilities of LE (nor a handful of hobby detectives.)

The courts will take care of them. I'm not at all concerned about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth