Will JBR ever have justice?

Do you think Patsy ever told anyone? I think she might have confided in her sister Pam.

Pam had to wonder about some of the items the R's asked her to retrieve from the house after the murder. The Golf bag? :confused:

I think the only hope of this ever being solved is if either John or Pam making a death bed confession.

Do you think Patsy ever told anyone? I think she might have confided in her sister Pam.

Pam had to wonder about some of the items the R's asked her to retrieve from the house after the murder. The Golf bag? :confused:

I think the only hope of this ever being solved is if either John or Pam making a death bed confession.

Blondieskatz
BR, JR both know, and some other family members, then of course there are the lawyers and attorneys, who definitely know, but will cite client privilige etc.

JBR will only get justice when there is either: 1.) newly elected officials (in the DA'S office, Sheriff's Office, etc.) who will hire/appoint personnel who are highly qualified to sift through all the past evidence and start anew with a fresh mind.

2.) Burke or John confess to what they know happened that night.

I would say 3.) Patsy confesses, but she is dead or 4.) (Holdontoyourhat will like this one), the "foreigners confess".

ALL IMO

As a sidenote, I did start crying when I saw the Title of the Thread. I am not a poster who has been here from day one like others, but the picture of JBR and your title thread..........just made me start crying.

I think the truth will never be known. I think we all know the truth. But that it will never be confessed to a soul and it will go to their graves with them. Much as it did with Patsy. Unless and until Boulder mans up to their own complicity in failing to prosecute this murder. It will not change. If so only then maybe at last the truth could come out and Justice would be served. Money and power should never be allowed to purchase justice or rather the lack of it. Boulder is healing though. They convicted Molly Midyette despite the best efforts of Lacy to prevent it. Is there hope yet? I do not believe this matter will ever be prosecuted. Not this side of heaven. That is my opinion and I wish someone could prove me wrong.

I agree that this case is highly unlikely to be solved. Sadly, I think everyone has moved on and as it has been said numerous times, I think this case was doomed from the start when the lies started and when evidence was destroyed. When thinking about the case, I still have a hard time with the fact that JR and BR know what happened and simply moved on... I know I would break down keeping something like this buried within...

I agree Jay, it is just beyond anything I could imagine living with the guilt knowing who killed my daughter/sister.

They had a special on one of the crime shows this weekend about the top 10 crimes that were never solved. Naturally, this was one of them. I Don't remember the name but someone in the DA's office stated that R's being thought of as guily by the public and living with their daughters death might have hurried PR's cancer along. I thought to myself, no it was guilt!

Hurried it along? PR lived YEARS after the murder. Ovarian cancer kills much faster than that, take it from me.
JR has JUST the kind of personality to keep the truth buried along with his daughter and not let it break him down.
He knows what happened that night, so does Aunt P, so does the DA's office- past and present, and so do the R lawyers. BR knows something, maybe not everything.
The R friends, such as there are now, SURMISE, but do not know for sure.
And no one who KNOWS the truth of that night will ever tell it.
I can't see the liberal climate in Boulder changing to the extent that anyone will aggressively try to solve this crime.

Coloradokares- does Lacy maintain the Midyette's are innocent? How did that case come to trial?

I agree that this case is highly unlikely to be solved. Sadly, I think everyone has moved on and as it has been said numerous times, I think this case was doomed from the start when the lies started and when evidence was destroyed. When thinking about the case, I still have a hard time with the fact that JR and BR know what happened and simply moved on... I know I would break down keeping something like this buried within...

I feel this statement is true and in effect doesn't that mean that JR and BR chose Patsy over Jonbenet?

yes,IMO,and they are betraying JB.They can reason that out to however they want and think they're justified in doing so (reputation of the family name,or whatever),but it's betrayal nonetheless,and it's still wrong,IMO.

I feel this statement is true and in effect doesn't that mean that JR and BR chose Patsy over Jonbenet?

There is never a justification for covering up a murder. (even an accidental one).
JR and BR didn't so much choose PR over JBR but they chose to preserve the status quo- their comfortable lives- over the turmoil that would have occurred had they told the truth about that night.
JBR was dead- PR was not. A simple choice. They chose what was best for THEM. Not what was the right thing to do.

There is never a justification for covering up a murder. (even an accidental one).
JR and BR didn't so much choose PR over JBR but they chose to preserve the status quo- their comfortable lives- over the turmoil that would have occurred had they told the truth about that night.
JBR was dead- PR was not. A simple choice. They chose what was best for THEM. Not what was the right thing to do.

Yep that's what I think too. Better to save the one who is alive since nothing can be done for the other one anyway. Anything to keep the family and the family reputation intact. Makes me think more than ever it was an accident and JR knew about all the details.

I've long thought it was an accident. No less reprehensible, though. Not just because it was covered up and made to look like a kidnapping/murder, but because this accident wasn't the result of a tumble down the stairs or something innocent. This accident was the resulted from the rage of an out-of-control mother.

absolutely,and they didn't do what was best for Patsy either,IMO.She really needed a thorough psych exam,and to put on the right meds,not drugged up by a pediatrician instead.I think it's a shame she wasn't.JR wasn't doing her any favors by not doing the right thing.He handled it all the wrong way.
And even if that had happened,she still should have been held accountable.By that I don't mean a long prison sentence,I doubt she would have gotten that anyway.I mean acknowledgment that she did it,and accepting whatever sentence she was handed down,and I don't think it would have been much,out of sympathy for her cancer possibly returning.What Patsy (and the rest of those who lie/lied) don't seem to understand is that they would have felt better about themselves,not worse,if they'd all done the right thing.I can't believe that deep down,any of those who lie about this case truly feel good about themselves.

I don't think BR is covering anything up. He was very young when this happened. Maybe, if LE had more of a chance to talk to him some more info could have been obtained from him. But, that's didn't happen.

JR and PR had years to brainwash that poor boy about what did or didn't happen that night. Also, lots of years to influence BR about what could happen to mom and dad if he ever said anything.

JR is guilty of covering it up for PR. I don't think he had anything to do with her death, but did help PR cover it up and he kept her protected through the years. But, he had to save his own skin since he did help her cover up the murder.

And everyone else that "knew" and did nothing...well that's another story.

Hurried it along? PR lived YEARS after the murder. Ovarian cancer kills much faster than that, take it from me.
JR has JUST the kind of personality to keep the truth buried along with his daughter and not let it break him down.
He knows what happened that night, so does Aunt P, so does the DA's office- past and present, and so do the R lawyers. BR knows something, maybe not everything.
The R friends, such as there are now, SURMISE, but do not know for sure.
And no one who KNOWS the truth of that night will ever tell it.
I can't see the liberal climate in Boulder changing to the extent that anyone will aggressively try to solve this crime.

Coloradokares- does Lacy maintain the Midyette's are innocent? How did that case come to trial?

It started out much like JonBenet a suerficial investigation and it appeared as nothing would be done. That poor baby was battered broken bones at various stages of healing etc. That little one was beaten to DEATH. The Midyette family is not without wealth power or influence. Finally a grand jury was convened I believe due to such a public outcry for justice. IMHO Lacy had done everything she could to keep that from occuring. The grand jury handed down the indictment and The jury did their job!!!!!!!! Molly Midyette was convicted. I got to say is NEXT and stay tuned. Hopefully the best is yet to come. Trial #2 is coming and lets pray there is Justice. A clean sweep for if you all knew how bad that little one was beaten and battered it would break your heart. Now if only Little JonBenet Ramsey could finally have Justice. Its hard not to have faith. The days of Alex Hunter and Keenan/Lacy may come to and end. If that happens dare we to hope that a new fresh look could happen in this case.

Co,is there a pic of Jason online anywhere? he seems to be a faceless baby so far.is that how the defense wants it? I found an xray,but no pics of him when he was healthy.
I also wonder why others haven't been charged,I know the grandma for one was said to have seen bruises on him.I guess I'm getting off topic here,but I have to wonder,with all that wealth,why the grandparents didn't at least make sure he had a crib.

Co,is there a pic of Jason online anywhere? he seems to be a faceless baby so far.is that how the defense wants it? I found an xray,but no pics of him when he was healthy.
I also wonder why others haven't been charged,I know the grandma for one was said to have seen bruises on him.I guess I'm getting off topic here,but I have to wonder,with all that wealth,why the grandparents didn't at least make sure he had a crib.

I know locally I have seen several pictures of Jason Midyette. Cute little guy. I have never looked online for pictures of him. He was just a little baby. I think that is exactly how the defense wants it. for whatever my opinion is worth. The only case I have ever really gotten involved in at a deeper level is JonBenets. I resisted even following the Midyette case much as I really never dreamed there would be an indictment that alone a trial. Let me see what I can find; Ill go through some Louisville archieves and Boulder Daily Camera archives see if I can find anything. I am not a packrat unfortunately. I throw so many newspapers out. I no longer save even the JonBenet things. I dont know what that says about me that I have become so resigned .....

I know locally I have seen several pictures of Jason Midyette. Cute little guy. I have never looked online for pictures of him. He was just a little baby. I think that is exactly how the defense wants it. for whatever my opinion is worth. The only case I have ever really gotten involved in at a deeper level is JonBenets. I resisted even following the Midyette case much as I really never dreamed there would be an indictment that alone a trial. Let me see what I can find; Ill go through some Louisville archieves and Boulder Daily Camera archives see if I can find anything. I am not a packrat unfortunately. I throw so many newspapers out. I no longer save even the JonBenet things. I dont know what that says about me that I have become so resigned .....

You wont believe this but I cant find any photos of little Jason Midyette I find photos of Molly and Alex even the grandfather. None of Jason I know I have seen in tv a photo of him on life support on Channel nine news back with the conviction of Molly Midyette. The photo that stands out in my mind is one of where Alex Midyettes face appears enraged that was taken of him in a courtroom. That picture can be found posted on Cyberslueths. I know we cant post pictures here or I would do so. This guy comes off as a real rageoholic. I will keep searching I will go to 9 news and see if I can find anything archieved. That little baby was only what, 10 weeks old? The death penalty is too good. Go to cybersluethis if you can and see the picture I am speaking of on Alex Midyette .

I don't think BR is covering anything up. He was very young when this happened. Maybe, if LE had more of a chance to talk to him some more info could have been obtained from him. But, that's didn't happen.

JR and PR had years to brainwash that poor boy about what did or didn't happen that night. Also, lots of years to influence BR about what could happen to mom and dad if he ever said anything.

JR is guilty of covering it up for PR. I don't think he had anything to do with her death, but did help PR cover it up and he kept her protected through the years. But, he had to save his own skin since he did help her cover up the murder.

And everyone else that "knew" and did nothing...well that's another story.

Does anybody remember the poster a long time ago, back when everyone discovered Burkes "MySpace" page," who said she had been talking online with Burkes girlfriend ( I think it was Burkes girlfriend anyway, it was a long time ago) and she said "Burke said" he really doesn't remember anything about this stuff. Nothing about that Christmas morning and nothing about this crime I mean. It seems to me to be somethig he says to avoid talking about it which of course he would never be allowed to do. I don't think he thinks about it at all. However I tend to believe he is on the 911 call the morinng after. Bottom line is I think he loved his mother more than anything in the world and he would never, not then or now, do anything to get her in trouble or disrespect her memory now. He may suspect but I believe he never has asked. Safer that way.;)

Does anybody remember the poster a long time ago, back when everyone discovered Burkes "MySpace" page," who said she had been talking online with Burkes girlfriend ( I think it was Burkes girlfriend anyway, it was a long time ago) and she said "Burke said" he really doesn't remember anything about this stuff. Nothing about that Christmas morning and nothing about this crime I mean. It seems to me to be somethig he says to avoid talking about it which of course he would never be allowed to do. I don't think he thinks about it at all. However I tend to believe he is on the 911 call the morinng after. Bottom line is I think he loved his mother more than anything in the world and he would never, not then or now, do anything to get her in trouble or disrespect her memory now. He may suspect but I believe he never has asked. Safer that way.;)

I guess any of us would say the same thing if we were in BR's place. It is far easier to just say you don't remember anything about it. Who would he ever trust to tell the truth and have it remain secret? Whoever he told would be on the phone to the Globe or some other tabloid in a New York minute looking for $$$. And he may NOT remember much. But I bet he does.
I don't think BR witnessed the death of his sister or what led to it. I think he must have heard her scream, but if it was a fairly regular occurance (her cleansing procedures, and her "potty problems") he may not have associated it with anything out of the ordinary. I think was in the room for the 911 call, perhaps walking in on his mother in the middle of it.

This is a thought- I know about Colorado's law concerning children under 10 not being able to be charged with a crime. But...if BR HAD witnessed PR's rage attack - would that have any bearing on whether PR could be charged? Could BR be made to testify against his mother? And suppose he KNEW what happened even if he wasn't in the room when it happened. By his silence all these years, can he somehow avoid being charged with participating in a coverup because he was under 10 when it happened? And can his age at the time prevent his father from being charged also, because they were both guilty of it (the coverup) and since one of the participants was under 10 then it means NEITHER can be charged with a coverup?
Sorry- I know that sounds confusing. But you know what I mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back