Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynn Luray?

large.jpg

NCMC1126040c1.jpg

Has anyone considered that the Nation River Lady (a relatively well known Jane Doe from Canada) might be a possibility? Her reconstructions look a lot like the woman posed leaning on the chain link fence, only the woman on the fence seems to have better teeth than Nation River Lady is said to have. The timing for Nation River Lady is maybe a bit on the tight side too, and sources differ about when she must have been dumped. However, her mode of death is very consistent with Mr Alcala's tendencies.

Has anyone considered that the Nation River Lady (a relatively well known Jane Doe from Canada) might be a possibility? Her reconstructions look a lot like the woman posed leaning on the chain link fence, only the woman on the fence seems to have better teeth than Nation River Lady is said to have. The timing for Nation River Lady is maybe a bit on the tight side too, and sources differ about when she must have been dumped. However, her mode of death is very consistent with Mr Alcala's tendencies.

woman leaning on fence:
http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/kz6ife-kz6ia90130.jpg

Nation River Lady reconstructions:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/239ufon.html

Alcala was out of prison between August 4th and October 16th of 1974, so he can't be ruled out immediately based on the timeline (if the body was really dumped in " summer or early fall".)

The possible match for Lynn Connes, in the larger size photo, has a gap between the two upper front teeth.
The photo of Connes from her Charley project page, although small and a bit blurry, seems to show a similar gap.

The timeline presents a problem, as Alcala was in prison during this time.

I hope this one has been called in...

There is certainly no problem with the timeline, as Alcala was free at the time of Kidwell's disappearance (May 4, 1979).
He killed Jill Parenteau in June in Burbank and kidnapped and killed Robin Samsoe a week later in Huntington Beach. Ventura is an hour's drive from L.A.

I emailed the detective about Debra Kidwell last week but I haven't heard back from him.

Let's see if this works. They all look similar to me. Pic's 4 and 5 show what looks like the same necklace too.

I also think they are the same. If you look at the hands, you can see all have long fingers. I also think that this picture was probably taken late 1976 at the earliest. I base it on the hairstyle. Charlie's Angels came out in 1976 and the wispy, layered hairstyle became popular then.

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=130162@kcbs.dayport.com

Police are now investigating five missing person's cases from the late '60s to the mid-70s. Nearly a dozen have called to say they recognize themselves in his photos and they're safe. Some don't remember having their photos taken and believe they were taken without their knowledge. Some of the calls came from Europe. Police said many of the photos have the women's names and addresses written on the back in Alcala's handwriting!

My guess is this one was taken on the sly because it appears to be through a window and that looks like Alcala's curly hair reflected at the bottom of the glass. Also, the subject is blinking and you'd think he'd have gotten a better shot of her if she was willingly posing:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/03/11/2011323272.jpg

I doubt they knew they were being photographed:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/03/11/2011323360.jpg

And she may or may not have been aware she was being photographed. Those people look like they're watching some sort of performance at a public park or an amusement park:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/03/11/2011323481.jpg

I hope they post an updated list of photos that still need identifying.

I'm glad many of them are safe. That's what I was hoping to hear. A person who only photographs people who turn up dead or missing soon would raise some eyebrows, I expect. Did he employ himself as a professional photographer? He introduced himself as a photographer in the Dating Game show.

Some calls came from Europe...wonder if the girl in red and the other one in front of a Danish sign were among them.

ETA: Some other photos where I wondered if the pics were taken on the sly included the topless girls in a freaky studio setting, photographed from an odd angle, like they were on a platform and somebody was taking photographs from his chair below. They didn't look at the camera. Also the pictures of crowds, all dressed, in a concert or some such thing, not looking at the camera, not posing, minding their own business. And maybe the woman with eyeglasses, standing in a hallway, you don't see her face, just her hair, there are blurry people in the background.

The top left front would be #9. The teeth are numbered starting at top going right to left, and continue at the bottom left to right. The top front teeth are 8 and 9 (right and left, respectively).

I was reminded of the speculation that the bell bottoms girl picture might have been mirrored. If that's true then some left and right teeth might have changed places too.

These pic's are from the Alcala stash. I think they are they same girl

First and last could be, but the one in the middle has more chin and not nearly enough nose. She also looks quite a bit younger, but that could be the pose.

I've been wondering the same thing. It's frustrating to see possible matches and find that some of these women vanished when Alcala was behind bars.
Dorothy Clitheroe is just one example...missing from Phoenix in Sept. of 1973 while Alcala was incarcerated in Calif.

I've been wondering if some of these photos were perhaps given to him by someone else. I think LE needs to look back into his Army days and his UCLA days to see exactly who his friends/acquaintances were. It could also be important to know whom he contacted while in prison, outside of his family.
Are there any historical examples of serial killers who keep in contact with one another? I know there have been teams of killers (such as Bittaker and Norris), but have there ever been two or more serial killers who worked alone but shared information, trophies, etc?

Speaking of family, he seemed to live much of the time at his mother's house in Monterey Park. At least one other relative also lived there (his sister).
The only thing I could find about his mother is her name, Anna Maria German.
There is a "Anna M. German" listed in the Social Security Death Index,
born 1-10-1909 and died 2-1-1999, last residence Monterey Park, CA.

She probably held onto his belongings and he simply came back home each time. His mother bailed him out in Riverside in early 1979 when he was arrested for the kidnapping and rape of the 15-year old girl. Incredibly, a judge set his bail at a ridicuously low $10,000. Absurd, in light of his extensive history of violent sexual crimes. At least two women would have been saved if that judge had had any sense.

Since they suspect Clitheroe might have traveled to Portland, and in the Alcala photo she looks slightly older, it's not unreasonable to think that he met her after he was released in 1974.

The only accomplice I've seen is his sister, who seems to have been actively involved in covering up.

Not the tree I was referring to, but the tinsel:

By the 50s the aluminized paper used to make it became a fire hazard when coupled with copious lights, decorations and dry Christmas trees. Today, it's mostly made from PVC-that's Polyvinyl Chloride. PVC is a controversial vinyl used in many products. It's difficult to recycle and there have been questions about its toxicity because it must be mixed with toxic additives to be of any use.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1091139/the_history_of_christmas_tinsel_and.html?cat=30

So, since I remember the old "aluminum tinsel" that would have been in the early 60's. I'm still trying to find out when the PVC stuff was first manufactured. (Gosh I hate that stuff!!!)

The other thing about this picture that strikes me as odd is all the different wraps and bows on all the presents. Not red and green, nothing matching..... like they all came from somewhere else, weird is all I can say.

That's what our presents look like. We're just a random sort of family.

I remember having the metallic tinsel into the 70's. I used to have to go searching for it, but it was around.

The funny make-up girl? The one with the blue coat that appears to have dog hair or hair from that rug of his all over the neckline. I'll find it and post it for you.

I finally figured out why you guys were calling her the "funny make-up girl" :p That "funny make up" was perfectly ordinary for a while in the 70's. You put a line of color along the crease of the eyelid to make your eyes look deep and mysterious.

I emailed the detective about Debra Kidwell last week but I haven't heard back from him.

I emailed about Rachel Trlica, too, and haven't heard back. I am assuming that means she's not a consideration, which makes sense seeing that Alcala was probably incarcerated when Rachel disappeared. It's frustrating, though. It would be nice to hear back one way or the other.

I emailed about Rachel Trlica, too, and haven't heard back. I am assuming that means she's not a consideration, which makes sense seeing that Alcala was probably incarcerated when Rachel disappeared. It's frustrating, though. It would be nice to hear back one way or the other.

They might still be checking some of them. I imagine for outside reports from a third party, they have to contact the family and see if anybody recognizes their relative. And if it's connected to a crime, they might well want to keep the information private while they investigate.

Some of the pictures look like the women didn't know they were being photographed. It was like they were being stalked. I am hoping these women are alive and well, doubtful though.

woman leaning on fence:
http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/kz6ife-kz6ia90130.jpg

Nation River Lady reconstructions:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/239ufon.html

Alcala was out of prison between August 4th and October 16th of 1974, so he can't be ruled out immediately based on the timeline (if the body was really dumped in " summer or early fall".)

Don't chain link fences come in standard heights? I'm guessing that the fence is a 6' one. That leaves the girl standing in front of it to be about 5'7" or 5'8", maybe even taller. She looks tall to me, taller than the 5'3" of the Nation River Lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley